Kyurem

I've been using this set lately, but only on Hail teams:

Kyurem @ Choice Scarf
212 HP / 252 Sp. Atk. / 44 Spe
Ice Beam
Blizzard
Draco Meteor
HP Fire

It might seem awkward not fully investing in speed considering that it is scarfed, but this gives it just enough speed to out-run Thundurus. Ice Beam is there in case Hail isn't up. Spam Blizzard otherwise. Draco Meteor is obvious, and HP Fire is there for pesky steels. Though you might want to run an alternate spread of 116 HP / 252 Sp. Atk. / 140 Spe and Timid nature in case you fear Jolly +1 Spe Dragonite.
Ice Beam and Blizzard should never be used on one set, under any circumstances. Using them together is just a waste of a slot.

What other options does Kyurem have? He's running a pure special set, so Scarf Glaciate?

you dont run a "pure special set" on this cockhead. besides, while his movepool might be small its not small enough to force you to win both blizzard and ice beam on the same set.

November Blue

A universe where hot chips don't exist :(
is a Contributor Alumnus
^Yeah, I'll repost my SubGlaciate set here. I've probably posted it here before, but it's a good niche for Kyurem.

Leftovers
Modest
180 Def / 252 SpA / 76 Spe

Substitute
Glaciate
Draco Meteor / Dragon Pulse
Focus Blast / HP Fire

The given EVs are for 245 speed. Behind a sub you can act accordingly depending on what switches in. I put the extra EVs in defense for stuff like bullet punch, and fighting coverage moves.

And all ice type moves, what the hell?
I meant add the moves to Kyurem's movepool, not using four ice moves on one set ya dope.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
on mixed life orb Kyurem should i aim for 280 speed or should i go higher or lower.

Edit:280 speed to outspeed adamant/modest lucario.

November Blue

is a Contributor Alumnus
Forget about Lucario IMO. He's kinda rare nowadays, and special variants will just Vacuum Wave you. You either want 245 speed, or 289. Maybe 263 for Adamant Dragonite and Jolly Breloom.

I really have no idea anymore.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
forget about Lucario IMO. He's kinda rare nowadays, and special variants will just Vacuum Wave you. You either want 245 speed, or 289. Maybe 263 for Adamant Dragonite and Jolly Breloom.

I really have no idea anymore.
I think 280 is a comfortable speed, it allows me to outspeed neutral base 90's. Darmanitan is rare,gliscor usually runs defense evs, Who in their right mind would leave kyurem in on another kyurem etc.

November Blue

is a Contributor Alumnus
Lower it to 263, put the rest in defense and report back later. You shouldn't notice a difference.

Molk

Godlike Usmash
Lower it to 263, put the rest in defense and report back later. You shouldn't notice a difference.

Okay I did and you were right, I didn't notice a speed difference. i put the rest into attack though so now outrage hits VERY hard as well. thanks for the advice

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor

Well, it was expected, wasn't it?

I wonder what this will bring to the metagame. Is a typing change likely? I doubt it, as forgoing the ice typing would give it identical typing to Reshiram/Zekrom, while forgoing the Dragon typing would sort of be like giving up its legendary basis. It would have made some interesting new possibilities, but I doubt it'll happen. Ability change, however...

For once, I think the new formes actually look better than the original. But that is purely because the original was so ugly to begin with. I mean, does Kyurem even have a mouth? Its lips appear to be cojoined, its center of balance is somewhere along its neck, and it isn't even symmetrical.

Calling it now:

'Kyuram': Ice/Dragon
Turboblaze
125/130/90/150/90/95
Ice Burn, Fusion Flare new signature moves

'Kyurom': Ice/Dragon
Teravolt
125/150/90/130/90/95
Freeze Shock, Fusion Bolt new signature moves

It would be very interesting if Kyurem's alternate forms were Elec/Dragon and Fire/Dragon. I also hope to see that Kyurem would have a base speed of over 100 so it becomes more capable of stepping up the competition in OU, as well as adapting to weather better.

I think the Reshiram forme will have 130 Atk / 150 SpA / 95 Spe
I think the Zekrom forme will have 150 Atk / 130 SpA / 95 Spe

HP, Defense and SpD will stay the same as normal Kyurem. This brings both formes up to a 680 BST, just like the other Ubers

That sounds reasonable, but I still hope they have a higher speed. Does this qualify both of the alternate forms for Uber though? Or will they be put into playtesting?

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Yea I'm quite interested to see what typing these new things are gonna get. They don't look too OU friendly though lol.

Call me crazy but I think "Kyurom" would be Electric/Ice and "Kyuram" as a Fire/Ice type. The former having STAB on Electric and Ice type moves would be amazing! The latter with an Ice/Fire typing though would have that nasty weakness to Stealth Rock, but the niche of being a very powerful sun abuser with Ice type moves for a unique STAB combo would be interesting.

I wonder if the new forms of Kyurem would be effective enough to give it the push to Ubers. Maybe just one form though. It it's gets Electric and ice typing that by far will be the most powerful BoltBeamer around! It would be like Reshriam a bit but not have perfect coverage just very good coverage!

I wonder if the new forms of Kyurem would be effective enough to give it the push to Ubers. Maybe just one form though. It it's gets Electric and ice typing that by far will be the most powerful BoltBeamer around! It would be like Reshriam a bit but not have perfect coverage just very good coverage!
And much, much better super effective coverage. Ice/Electric hits WAY more types super effectively than Fire/Dragon does.

I can see ZekRem easily going Uber now. With new forms comes enhanced stat changes, and Electric-Ice typing gives you two fantastic STABs. I can't see ReshiRem going Uber though, seeing as it's massively Stealth Rock weak, unless it has some special tools in its belt.

Both are obviously going to be part ice seeing half of its body is an ice crystal. Ice/Electric, and Ice/Fire at best. This is Game Freak, leave your competitive wishes behind, lol.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)