Base Stats: 89 HP / 145 Attack / 90 Defense / 105 Special Attack / 80 Special Defense / 91 Speed
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- Swords Dance
- A great ability in Intimidate in conjunction with its decent physical bulk allows Landorus-T to take hits from physical attackers.
- It offers great utility to any team thanks to its access to both Stealth Rock and U-turn, and combined with its typing, Landorus-T can serve as a great hazard setter and pivot.
- With its stat spread, Landorus-T can fulfill many roles on a team, such as being either a great wallbreaker or a defensive hazard setter.
- The GOAT of OU
- Mediocre special bulk, meaning it cannot take attacks from special attackers like Iron Valiant and Walking Wake really well.
- Landorus-T lost some key moves in the transition from previous games, notably losing Toxic, Defog, Knock Off, and Explosion.
- 4x weakness to Ice, meaning it struggles against common Ice-types like Baxcalibur and the newly unbanned Chien-Pao.
- In order to flip its type weakness, Landorus-T can utilize Tera Fairy especially on Choice Scarf sets to be able to pressure would-be checks in Chien-Pao and Baxcalibur, while also being able to pressure Dragon-types like Roaring Moon and Dragapult.
- Tera Ghost is another option on defensive sets in order to prevent the removal of its hazards from Rapid Spin.
Landorus-Therian @ Rocky Helmet
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Tera Type: Ghost
- Stealth Rock
Standard defensive set for Landorus-T based on previous generations. However, due to the loss of several of its key moves, Taunt is now used alongside Earthquake, U-turn, and Stealth Rock in order to shut down boosting attempts from sweepers and status spreading from Pokemon like Skeledirge and Toxapex. This set of Landorus-T is best utilized on balanced teams, and it appreciates Pokemon that can absorb Knock Off. Tera Ghost allows Landorus-T to spinblock, keeping its hazards on the opponent's side of the field.
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Tera Type: Fairy
- Stone Edge
- Tera Blast
Equipped with a Choice Scarf, Landorus-T outspeeds a majority of the unboosted tier bar Regieleki. U-turn allows it to serve as a fast pivot to help bring in teammates safely while also dealing significant damage to Pokemon that are weak to it such as Meowscarada and Hoopa-U. Stone Edge is nice coverage against Tera Flying Kingambit and Volcarona. Tera Fairy grants it Tera Fairy Tera Blast, allowing it to pressure better Dragapult, Roaring Moon, Iron Valiant, Great Tusk, Chien-Pao, and Baxcalibur.
The king of OverUsed has been stripped of some of its former glory. It lost important moves that made it the top-tier OU Pokemon it was known for in past generations. Nonetheless, with the addition of Terastalization, as well as retaining some of its previous good moves like Stealth Rock, Landorus-T can still find a place in the current metagame. How do you think Landorus-T will perform this generation? Will losing some of its most important moves hurt it in the long run?