Lanturn

Status
Not open for further replies.

alphatron

Volt turn in every tier! I'm in despair!
He makes a great check to both Thunderos and Tornadus. Grass knot from either pokemon becomes a measly base 40 power attack.

With 40 HP Evs and no defensive investment, he takes 29.7% - 35.2% from a Tornadus Hurricane. Barring SR, he is guarenteed to live through either a Choice Specs Focus Blast from Tornadus or a +2 LO Focus Blast from Thunderos.

Why not just use Rotom-W? Volt Absorb. Lanturn is completely immune to electric, whereas Rotom is OHKO'd by a +2 Thunder from LO Thunderos.

Here is a set I threw together yesterday. I've had great results with it on my drizzle team as a defensive tank/pivot that can act as a cleric while being anything beyond setup fodder.

Lanturn @ leftovers
Evs: 40 Hp, 252 SpA, 216 SDef
Nature: Modest
Ability: Volt Absorb
-Hydro Pump
-Thunder
-Heal Bell
-Ice Beam

More rain teams could probably consider him.

40 HP / 216 Def / 252 Sp. Def spread?

why not run 252 Sp. Def and 252 HP so it can take special hits way better?

i understand that it has 125 base HP but people max out Blissey's hp when its 255

someone explain lol?

and weather or not 252 HP 252 Sp. Def is good at all?

I know right? It needs to be 58 HP, which gives it 404 HP. This allows it to create 101 HP substitutes that aren't broken by Bliss/Chansey's Seismic Toss. From there, it can start Charge Beaming up.
Unless this spread is for a different set...

As for Blissey's 252 Hp, there is simply no other place to put them except Sp. Def.

Edit:Just looked at the set and I think it explains it in the post. Alphatron's right?

alphatron

Yeah, it's just a defensive pivot that isn't total setup fodder, with the ability to cleric for the team. If I was going subcharge beam then I wouldn't be using that EV spread.

agreeing it's one of the best and "only" check to thundurus .. even though she takes a lot of damage from a +2 focus blast , but well , it's focus blast and it could always miss ..

good set alphatron .

This thing is so irritating, it singled-handedly made me not use NP Thunderus for a very long time when somehow or other it popped up every two battles on the PO ladder. I can't ever make it work well though, which sucks.

Lanturn @ Chesto Berry
255 Def / 255 Spd
Bold Nature

-Stockpile
-Rest
-Charge Beam
-Ice Beam

This set also acts as a Bulky Water, which it can be because of its high HP stat. Stockpile adds to the bulk by giving you two defensive stats tat you don't need to lower, ChestoRest for insta-restore, Charge Beam as a STAB move and a Sp. Attack booster, and Ice Beam's power will be boosted from Charge Beam and also takes care of Lanturn's two weaknesses: Grass and Ground.

Here is a set I threw together yesterday. I've had great results with it on my drizzle team as a defensive tank/pivot that can act as a cleric while being anything beyond setup fodder.

Lanturn @ leftovers
Evs: 40 Hp, 252 SpA, 216 SDef
Nature: Modest
Ability: Volt Absorb
-Hydro Pump
-Thunder
-Heal Bell
-Ice Beam

More rain teams could probably consider him.
Having used Lanturn for a few months now abit of input here. I use a similar EV spread except with Calm instead of Modest and abit mre SDef EV's shifted into HP to reach 404HP because quite frankly Lanturn needs the defense and works far better as a defensive pivot then trying to throw out nukes to make up for its lack of power.

Lanturn @ Leftovers Lv. 100 -- Volt Absorb
Nature: Calm - EVs: 52 HP / 248 SAtk / 208 SDef

• Hydro Pump
  • Toxic/Ice Beam
  • Heal Bell
  • Volt Switch
Also I've had generally better results from using Volt Change over Thunder allowing Lanturn to run and take hits abit better than normal which it will be with Ferrothorns regularly coming in. Toxic at times is equally as viable as Ice Beam and overall allows the thing to do its cleric role abit better.

alphatron

With thundurus gone, I sure hope that tornadus rises to take his place. Let's see how all the gastrodon users are gonna handle specs hurricane...

Lanturn lost a reason to use him, I am sad to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)