Done Last seen feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

facu

ne me mori facias
As i said in my other post on one of your threads, this also seems like a friends list thing; it otherwise would be something that could be misused to harass people easily.
Just an opinion
That reason is simply vague. It's contradicted only by knowing that those users who have authority can access to any user's last connection; the Scrappie bot does this with the command '.seen', but only work for % (Driver) or higher auth. With such criteria, you'd be meaning that even the PS auths could "harass" other users. By the way, the AminitraboTTT bot (the one of Spanish room) can provide you this type of information, without being staff; if the reason you provided was true, Pokémon Showdown should deny users to use the ',seen' command of the last bot I mentioned. The command would only serve to know if an user continues being active in the simulator, which makes it an useful command. I think harassing someone through this simple command like this is difficult, if not, you should explain how.

Hecate

Be the serpent under't
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmer
PS Admin
sigh, i'm too tired. Strike the harassing part, it's 4am and i can't read worth shit - the friends list part does stand, though.
my bad.

Asheviere

Banned deucer.
A lot of people don't like the idea of everyone being able to see when they last spoke and where, and I'm not the biggest fan of having it be a bot feature available for everyone, let alone a PS feature. If this becomes a thing I'd want it to be restricted to only staff, for privacy reasons.

If friend lists are enabled then this should be disabled outside of friend lists. Why would someone who's implicitly specified to not be my friend (by being not in my friend list) need to know my online behaviour? That's just creepy stalking. For me this is extra important because as the best I attract a lot of stalkers. Fame is a heavy burden to bear but I am the hero PS needs, not the one it deserves right now.

I'm a bit torn. On the one hand, privacy is undoubtedly valuable. On the other hand, this is a Pokemon simulator. Unless I'm gravely underestimating the extent of chat room variety, I'm not sure what you would need to be worried about people tracking unless you're into some really shady shit. Though I suppose trolls exist, and it would probably be ideal to limit their information.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)