Latias (Analysis)

I wrote that assuming Garchomp was coming in directly on Latias, where it could potentially take a Draco Meteor to the face.
THough yeah, thanks, I'll fix that.

Wait, Why is Choice Specs even on here when Latios exists? For all intents and purposes, they are the same pokemon (we even call them Lati@) and if Specs Latias isn't completely outclassed by Specs Latios I don't know what is

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Bad Ass said:
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Draco Meteor
move 2: Dragon Pulse
move 3: Surf
move 4: Trick
item: Choice Specs
nature: Timid
evs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe

It does a different job than Specs Latios. Its aim is not to pound out everything with Specs Draco Meteors, but to come in on things like Rotom-W, Infernape, and Terrakion, but not lose momentum like you would with something like Gliscor or Nattorei.
As an added note, Latias is a bit more straightfoward and sturdier than Latios, and for a Specs user, Latias doesn't have bad, but actually more than usable, Special Attack at all. Its defenses do make deceptive differences.

Yes, Latios is certainly different from Latias. Latias has more bulk, allowing it to hit things with its DM, which is still very powerful despite 'only' 110 Base Special Attack.

His Eminence Lord Poppington II

proverb:the fish who eats most dies still too
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think a mirror type / cm set deserves at least an OO mention, as it beats ferrothorn whom latias struggles with even with substitute; it also has some other uses like making excadrill look like an idiot if you manage to copy its typing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)