Project LC Community Create-A-Team II [R6: SUBMIT!]

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
It looks like Snover is our Pokemon of choice.
So, what's next? From here on we will pick one Pokemon per round which synergizes with the rest of the team. What can we pick which will work well to support Snover, while looking ahead to make sure we aren't building ourselves into a corner? Round 2 nominations are now open, so submit whatever you think works well as Pokemon #2!

Altariel von Sweep

They Who Laugh Last
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Spinarak @ Eviolite
Ability: Insomnia
Level: 5
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Sludge Bomb
- Psychic
- Baton Pass
- Sticky Web

Due to Snover's Speed stat and part of its typing, I can only think about Spinarak. Spinarak sets Sticky Webs against many leads due to the bulk it has been given, resisting Fighting-types that might be annoying and crippling them with Psychic, as well as use Foongus as setup fodder thanks to Insomnia and cover non-Fire Punch Snubbull and Spritzee. Snover requires to be brought in slowly due to its bulk with Baton Pass, which is in my opinion the best pivoting move, but it has its downfalls in giving possible stat drops.

I know this would mean the beginning of a Webs team, which is something people wouldn't want, but it's the only thing I can think for.

Alore

i'm sorry
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Kabuto @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 36 Atk / 36 Def / 156 SpD / 156 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off

First thought was Kabuto to resist Fire, Poison and Flying-type attacks that Snover is weak to whilst Snover deals pretty well with alot of the Grass type mons that would pressure Kabuto.

LO Snover seems like it would need support in the form of Hazard Recovery which Buto provides with Rapid Spin.

Stealth Rock for that role compression.

Decided on Rock Slide over Aqua Jet in order to hit things like Pony, Vull, Duo etc that Snover may struggle with as I feel they are more of a threat than say Diglett or Onix that jet would be more beneficial for dealing with. (Though Torchic does become a problem but that can be smoothed out later in the team or after a Weak Armor boost)

Opted for Knock Off as I see more benefit in the item removal Knock Off brings than adding another attack.

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics

Now, Webs is the obvious choice here so AvS's Spinarak or some kinda Surskit is probably gonna win. But it might also be possible to run this Snover on a different kind of team: VoltTurn. Life Orb Snover is obviously insanely powerful thanks to Blizzard's high BP, but it struggles to get into play. VoltTurn strategies are obviously good to aid it in this. Mienfoo is easily the best VoltTurner in the meta and also happens to synergize well with Snover, as it is capable of luring in Foongus (which dies to Blizzard obv), Snubbull (which dies to Blizzard after rocks + U-turn damage), and Spritzee (which is 2HKOed after rocks by Blizzard) for Snover, before U-turning out and letting Snover fire off a very strong hit.

The set is standard. I went with Acrobatics for now as it aids against the Fighting-types that threaten Snover while preventing Croagunk from coming in for free, which is Foo's only common switch-in that Snover can't handle. Drain Punch > HJK with a bulky spread like this. Speaking of the spread, I just copied the analysis one since I honestly have no clue what people are running on Foo nowadays and this one seemed good, and it still kills Gunk after Knocking it so it's fine.

Last edited:

twinkay

these bugs love all the sugar in my blood
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 36 Atk / 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Shadow Ball

Abra automatically makes a team 89.95629% better (a number which I have carefully calculated). Jokes aside, these two actually have pretty good synergy. Abra doesn't get hurt by Hail that Snover sets which is always a plus, as it lets you use the hail directly in your wallbreaking without using some sort of hail sweeper. Abra and Snover function similarly to Abra and Gastly in that they are god at wearing down checks of each other. Abra lures Pawniard in for Snover and just kinda wallbreaks in general while Snover can wear down Steel-type and Water-type Pokémon that Abra struggles with damaging (without Energy Ball). I used Shadow Ball on this set as the Pokémon it's used to hit (Slowpoke, Honedge, even Bronzor) are all Pokémon that Snover also struggles to damage with Blizzard, it's most spammable move. This wallbreaking core would probably make for a very interesting set-up without restricting us to an archetype (yet).

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
ok u apes. we're looking at this the wrong way. we're trying to add "good pokemon" or "good strategies" that "synergize" with snover to mitigate its (obviously abundant) weaknesses. that's a mistake that will just result in a less efficient standard team, good only for novelty. the trick is to capitalize instead on snover's unique strengths - its good typing, its powerful STABs - to create a strat that approaches and deals with the meta differently, shunting some of the general-coverage concerns to the level of weakness patching with the last mon or even actual ingame playing. which is why i present to you:

Snivy @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- Glare

double down on the grass / ice like we're fucking 2006 gucci mane. the formal, bulky grass resists - your ferros, your foonguses - get fucking murdered by snover, and the faster birds have trouble coming in, particularly with ice shard. snover can dent the midground checks - think pawn and grimer and the like - for snivy to claim boosts off of, and snivy's fast glare and situational knock off gives it the ability to set up endgame situation for snover. That's two different and adaptable endgames within a typespam core. I'm aware this makes us weak to like 3 different types, but we still have 4 more pokemon, and going to fix snover's weakness right away will leave us unable to fully realize his strengths. snivy is the mon to use.

jake

underdog of the year
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i think voltturn is the only way you're going to get lo snover to ever do anything & foo is the best choice by a mile. sucks that it's slowfoo because you'll always get iron head flinched by pawn + i'm not super fond of slowfoo but otherwise seems real good

support xayah's post

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
Carvanha @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 36 Def / 236 SpA / 236 Spe
IVs: 9 HP
Modest Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Blizzard
- Protect

what is this?? a ccat for ANTS??? melon tutees lc titans use snovanha. snover lets carv use blizzard reliably and also win games.

meme over, agree with zeb, foo sounds good 2 me.

Xayah

San Bwanna
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Would like to clarify that my spread is in no way final and it can easily be changed to FastFoo if we feel it fits the eventual team better

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Vulpix-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 52 HP / 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power Fire

Like Shrug said, we gotta double down on Snover's positive qualities. Clearly those positive qualities are Blizzard and Hail, and who better to also do that than Vulpix-A (amaura fucking sucks and this means we don't do snover webs which I can't see being original).

Running HP Fire to lure in Ferroseed maybe could be HP ground like all the standard kiddos but this way you get to really punch Ferroseed in its face hard since Snover can't do nearly as much as you need it to. And hey with AVeil you can even take those hits even though Snover's defensive abilities are terrible.

196+ Atk Iron Fist Timburr Drain Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Snover with an ally's Aurora Veil: 16-19 (72.7 - 86.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Make it take an extra turn of hail damage before brutally murdering you with Mach Punch!

12 SpA Spritzee Moonblast vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Snover with an ally's Aurora Veil: 6-8 (27.2 - 36.3%) -- 7.1% chance to 3HKO

Golly it's almost like Snover gets defenses! You can even switch into Foongus now once!

0 SpA Foongus Sludge Bomb vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Snover with an ally's Aurora Veil: 12-15 (54.5 - 68.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Clearly Aurora Veil is the correct way to go for our threatening sweeper Snover.

Fille

Afk
is a Pre-Contributor
LCPL Champion

Nikki Minaj (Smoochum) @ Life Orb
Ability: Forewarn
EVs: 240 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Blizzard
- Psychic
- Aurora Veil
- Hidden Power [Fight]

Since we apparently doing typespam and Merritt so kindly insinuated that Blizzard is Snovers best quality, why not step up the game a notch? This beauty does indeed have a similar special attack stat to Abras, MEANING it's STAB Blizzards actually 2hko literally any switchin not being Munchlax, water (Psychic STAB) or Steel (Hp Fight for Pawn, Blizzard the Ferros (What is a Honedge?). Aurora Veil cause Snover can't do that, and means Smoochum can in last resort situations vs Pursuit Honedges one can Aurora Veil up for the next mon the set up a sweep, or just for Snover to live a Drain Punch? idk.

Main reasons to use Smoochum since it's like unranked or whatever I don't actually know:
- Access to Aurora Veil, which Snover lacks.
- Immense power, although only got 17 speed it has that Blizzard STAB that Abra lacks.
- Blizzard spam, being the main quality LO Snover got.
- Mad rapping skills, despite lackluster lyrical quality

Sken

feet of clay
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
i think the whole point of life orb snover is checking the stuff webs usually lose to with life orb ice shard like birds or snivy, and since spinarak is an awful mon imo i guess i'll go with surskit, no need for much explanation, it sets webs up and doesn't do much more but at least it's not spinarak

i think some people didn't want this to become a sticky web team but if you vote for lo snover outside of webs you deserve nothing but pain

Surskit @ Eviolite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 20 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Sticky Web
- Haze

ggggd give me those mad likes

Nineage

Pugnacious.
is a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
All right, lets vote.
Reminder of what to keep in mind when voting:
  1. The submission you vote for should synergize, offensively or defensively, with LO Snover
  2. The submission you vote for should suggest a logical path for the team to take going forward
That said, here are the nominations:
Spinarak @ Eviolite
Ability: Insomnia
EVs: 196 HP / 196 Def / 116 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sludge Bomb
- Psychic
- Baton Pass
- Sticky Web
Kabuto @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 116 HP / 36 Atk / 36 Def / 156 SpD / 156 Spe
Careful Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Rock Slide
- Knock Off
Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 156 HP / 116 Def / 196 SpD
Impish Nature
- Drain Punch
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Acrobatics
Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 36 Atk / 240 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power Fighting
- Shadow Ball
Snivy @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 236 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Knock Off
- Glare
Vulpix-Alola @ Light Clay
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 52 HP / 200 SpA / 240 Spe
Timid Nature
- Aurora Veil
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power Fire
Surskit @ Eviolite
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 36 HP / 20 Def / 196 SpA / 20 SpD / 236 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Giga Drain
- Sticky Web
- Haze

Did not include: Special Carvanha. A snovanha team has been perfected already, and the community can't improve on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)