Lower Tiers LC Set Viability Rankings

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Agility Porygon is more effective than the current C you have it as. Although not on the same level as the high B sets, it's certainly more effective than most of the C ranks and on par with several of the B-. After a download boost and agility, Porygon is able to hit incredibly hard with fantastic coverage options. It still has very good bulk with Eviolite, and Life Orb is also an option to make it hit harder than a truck. While it wishes it could run more moves to make full use of its great coverage, AgiliPory is a very viable set.

It also doesn't really require all that much support to get an Agility, especially if it's running Eviolite, because even with minimal investment it has incredibly respectable bulk.

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Agility Porygon is more effective than the current C you have it as. Although not on the same level as the high B sets, it's certainly more effective than most of the C ranks and on par with several of the B-. After a download boost and agility, Porygon is able to hit incredibly hard with fantastic coverage options. It still has very good bulk with Eviolite, and Life Orb is also an option to make it hit harder than a truck. While it wishes it could run more moves to make full use of its great coverage, AgiliPory is a very viable set.

It also doesn't really require all that much support to get an Agility, especially if it's running Eviolite, because even with minimal investment it has incredibly respectable bulk.
This pory really kinda relies on getting that SpA boost though, and probably has to run LO to deal with that scenario, which decreases its longevity in more ways than one. Being weak to two very common priority moves (MPunch/VWave) also hinders it severely. I think C+ would be a good move though

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
This pory really kinda relies on getting that SpA boost though, and probably has to run LO to deal with that scenario, which decreases its longevity in more ways than one. Being weak to two very common priority moves (MPunch/VWave) also hinders it severely. I think C+ would be a good move though
A vast majority of the meta is more physically bulky simply because most of the major offensive threats are physically based. Even some of the more specially bulky mons like Wall Porygon are only equally physically and specially bulky. Porygon is much more likely than not to come in on a more physically defensive mon than not.

And even then, Porygon doesn't exactly lack power. With 236+ SpA investment, it hits 19 Special Attack. That's the same amount as Adamant Mienfoo or Pawniard and only one point less than Timid Abra. When Porygon receives an SpA boost it has plenty of power, and can viably run Eviolite over Life Orb.

While Mach Punch and Vacuum Wave are both super effective on it, I wouldn't call them very common. Both Timburr and Croagunk are beaten back by Psychic, and even LO Porygon doesn't take more than 60% from a fully invested Timburr Mach Punch. Overall, AgiliPory is more than just C+ in viability, reaching more of a B-/B.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
I'll move Agilipory to C+, but I'd like a few more opinions before it goes to B-.
Here's what I wrote for the Porygon analysis and I think it applies here as well:
I don't agree with an Agility set, either - requiring much less support than other fast sweepers is pretty nice, but I feel as if it would struggle to actually sweep in most situations except for those where just about any other set-up sweeper would work as well given its reliance on Download, inability to boost its SpA enough to break through bulky walls without LO (which would offset its main advantage over other sweepers in its bulk), and the low base power of Tri Attack.
I don't think Porygon is anything special for a sweeper. After going through all that trouble to come in on a Pokemon that is physically bulky and unable to either paralyze or significantly damage it, Eviolite Porygon still lacks the power to OHKO opposing Eviolite users that it can't hit super-effectively, and even several that it can; Life Orb Porygon struggles to maintain a niche at all with its loss of bulk when there are sweepers available that do not need to set up to be fast. Of course Porygon is tough to beat late-game once its checks and counters are removed, but that's not a trait unique to Porygon, and it needs far more support than more typical sweepers to be able to sweep for the same end result.

I support Life Orb Drilbur to B+/A-.

LO Drilbur is really threatening for opponent, with or without a sandstrom. Life Orb allows massive damage, considering Drilbur is able to boosting its Attack with SD; so around its stronger STAB move as Earthquake, it can use also Poison Jab, Rock Slide (vs Flying- type and Amaura), but also Shadow Claw and X-Scissor.
Destructive as physical sweeper, with Rapid Spin and/or Stealth Rock for support.

Last edited:

Holiday

on my best behavior
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I can agree with the above to B+. Life Orb puts dents in a lot of things with Earthquake, and it can make spinning a lot easier (I believe SClaw with the Life Orb 2HKO's Pump on the switch), and even if you don't need to spin you're breaking down a good amount of mons.

Scarf Panda to C+

Panda does not have any reason to run a Scarf set. None of Panda's selling points have much use for Scarf, and at best, the set is an inferior Mienfoo. As far as I've ever been concerned, Parting Shot and Swords Dance are the only two sets worth running. Other sets are most likely not worth running over available Fighting types.

Last edited:
I would actually put Choice Scarf Panda in B- due to it being better than the Choice Scarf users listed in C+. Mold Breaker Storm Throw and such is fun due to it outspeeding Focus Sash and Sturdy leads and them all. Also fast Parting Shot is really fun. Though, I do admit Scarf Pancham not outspeeding +2 Tirtouga sucks, Pancham is definitely better than Choice Scarf Taillow, Abra, Snivy, and so on...

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Hi, all. Trash and I figured this thread could still be helpful as a resource and as something to discuss, so we went ahead and updated it. Since we came up with these changes by ourselves, please feel free to post on any issues you have with the current rendition of the list. Four months in between means a lot of changes, so here it goes:

Bulk Up Timburr: A+ -> S
Depending on the match-up, Timburr can act as either the best set-up sweeper in the game, or a strong check to a multitude of threats. Either way, it brings to the table a lot of utility and offensive presence.
Focus Sash Abra: A -> A+
It’s super easy to splash onto offensive teams and is really effective at its job as a safety net, although doesn’t do much else against teams with a bit of bulk.
RestTalk Chinchou: A -> B+
It’s not bulky enough to avoid a lot of 3HKOs, is really weak, and gets ruined by trappers. With that being said, a check to a few key mons that lasts forever is still pretty sweet.
Fast Berry Juice Chinchou: A -> A-
It just gets worn down too quickly.
Choice Scarf Magnemite: A -> A+
Fast enough to outspeed the unboosted metagame, deals a truckload of damage, maintains momentum, and even gets some nice opportunities to switch in thanks to its typing. Other than being easily taken advantage of once it’s locked in, Magnemite is pretty much the whole package.
Life Orb Diglett: A -> A+
I guess this is just a case of more people realizing how good it is.
Flailtchling: -> rip
Illegal set
SunnyBeam Ponyta: A- -> B
Chinchou isn’t as important as it used to be, this set’s surprise value has been diminished over time, and Will-o-Wisp is really helpful against a ton of things, so standard Ponyta is usually the outright better choice. Also, it doesn’t have the moveslot for Flame Charge so Diglett beats it up :(
Berry Juice Snubbull: A- -> A
I just feel like it’s pretty clear at this point that Berry Juice Snubbull does more than Eviolite Snubbull in most cases. It’s carved out its own niche that I think is around as good as Spritzee’s by now.
Bulky Shell Smash Tirtouga: A- -> B+
Obviously Tirtouga has its own nice advantages, but Omanyte tends to be easier to support a sweep with for most teams.
Bulky Vullaby: A- -> B+
It’s still a good set, but sometimes it has trouble getting onto a team – offensive teams would rather Archen, which doesn’t drop momentum as much, and defensive teams often can’t pass up bulky Staryu. Plus, its attacks aren’t that strong without investment.
Fast Vullaby: B -> A
Invested Attack + strong STAB moves = big scary damage for a lot of teams. On top of that, Vullaby can maintain momentum thanks to U-turn, and is still pretty hard to knock out.
Fast Eviolite Archen: A- -> B-
It honestly just doesn’t really do enough in the average match to be worth using over more common variants unless you need exactly what it offers.
Berry Juice Archen: Offensive Berry Juice Archen, Support Archen, both A+ -> A
The sets were split up because they're pretty different in what they do. I don't think the split-up sets are really on the same level as the A+ sets.
Pivot Pancham: A- -> B+
Regenerator > Parting Shot. Just use Mienfoo
Mixed Croagunk: A- -> B+
Trappers
Nasty Plot Croagunk: A- -> B+
Trappers
Physical Croagunk: A- -> B+
Trappers, mostly Diglett
Sweeper Snivy: B+ -> A
Snivy is really strong. It’s probably the best offensive Grass-type for the average team, is really hard to switch into until you figure out its Hidden Power, and can support itself. However, it’s hard to outright sweep because its speed tier isn’t great for an offensive Pokemon.
Eviolite Corphish: B -> A-
For a Pokemon that actually has decent bulk, Corphish is really tough to switch into. Its damage and access to Knock Off help it support other sweepers on the team, and it can even act as the sweeper itself effectively.
Life Orb Corphish: B -> B+
A small handful of Pokemon can switch into Life Orb Corphish, and even those are usually only able to only do so once. It differentiates itself from comparably powerful wall-breakers with its obscenely powerful Aqua Jet.
Choice Scarf Pancham: B+ -> C+
See Boo’s post
Dragon Dance Scraggy: -> Eviolite Scraggy
Just because Life Orb Scraggy also usually runs Dragon Dance
Calm Mind Drifloon: B- -> B
The effectiveness of the other sets makes this set’s surprise value even better.
Mixed / Physical Drifloon: -> Offensive Drifloon, B- -> A-
I combined the two sets because they’re so similar. Mostly this is a case of people other than qu just realizing it was good in the past few months than the metagame actually making it better. It’s still got issues with a lack of power for an offensive Pokemon, but its ridiculously disruptive movepool make it really good to support things that it shares checks with, and it’s not a horrid sweeper late enough in the game.
Recycle Drifloon: -> B
It’s probably not going to sweep on its own considering that it’s a mono-attacker, but being able to totally ruin standard bird checks while still posing as a nuisance overall has its perks.
Offensive Support Staryu: B- -> C+
For the record, this set refers to Eviolite / Berry Juice Staryu with an offensive spread, which is mostly outclassed by standard bulky Eviolite or Life Orb sets.
Life Orb Torchic: C -> B
Dcae used it to get reqs and it’s actually pretty scary. Fire Blast outdamages all of Carvanha’s attacks except for Hydro Pump, and Hidden Power Grass is great to lure in unsuspecting Chinchou. The big draw here is after wreaking a bit of havoc, Torchic can still support the rest of the team by passing over its boosts.
Berry Juice Carvanha: C+ -> C
It’s still not unviable because lots of Water spam checks need their Eviolites, but eh
Baton Pass Togepi: C- -> C+
Other than its niche on the best team build in the game, Quickpass Togepi is actually pretty devastating, and not especially hard to pull off if you can get Magnemite / Pawniard.
Eviolite Honedge: -> Pursuit Honedge, Swords Dance Honedge, C- -> C
Other people seem to like Honedge and I guess the sets are pretty different
Automize Honedge: -> C-
See above
Berry Juice Munchlax: -> Berry Juice Tank Munchlax
Just to differentiate from Curse Munchlax
Eviolite Munchlax: -> Eviolite Wall Munchlax
See above
Curse Munchlax: -> B
It’s actually a pretty solid sweeper for teams that don’t mind having like 0 momentum ie defensive teams. There’s some things you’ll have to get rid of, obviously, but the premise is simple and effective.
Subdisable Gastly: B -> B-
I think it was only in B because of hype at the time. Its advantage in beating Stunky isn’t really worth using it over Life Orb Gastly.
Choice Band Mienfoo B -> B-
Again, probably just hype
Life Orb skrelp B- -> C+
A frail Pokemon that clocks in at 9 Speed doesn’t seem ideal. A faster wall-breaker would probably be better in just about every instance; even with webs, Skrelp still ties with 20 Speed Pokemon.
Berry Juice Elekid: C+ -> C
RIP ADV LC
Life Orb Froakie -> C
Froakie can actually be really annoying to switch into unless you have a dedicated Normal-type special wall, and it’s not super slow. Of course, its frailty, lack of OHKO power against most Pokemon that hold Eviolite, and not great Speed tier hold it back.
Choice Scarf Vullaby: C+ -> C
It just doesn’t seem that good when one of the main draws to offensive Vullaby is that it can actually stick around
Choice Scarf stunky: C- -> rip
It’s not worth using over standard Eviolite or Berry Juice Stunky.
Support Venipede -> C
I think we just forgot this the first time around
Eviolite Natu: -> C-
See above
Choice Scarf Rufflet: -> C-
Rufflet’s viable now I guess
Bulk Up Rufflet: -> C-
See above
Life Orb Rufflet: -> C-
See above
Rock Polish Pawniard: -> B+
Missing out on Sucker Punch sucks, and you get walled by common stuff if you run it anyway. Of course, it's still Pawniard we're talking about, with its great utility and super great offensive presence, and being able to set up as a wincon in a completely different way is pretty nice.
Eviolite Pawniard: -> Eviolite Support Pawniard, Eviolite Swords Dance Pawniard
They're pretty similar for the most part, but one functions as a sweeper and the other just supports the team with nuclear powered Knock Offs, plus a bit of extra utility with Stealth Rock or Brick Break. It also helps to emphasize that Pawniard isn't a one-trick pony.
Lure Timburr -> A
Yup, we definitely just forgot this the first time around.

I’m not splitting S up because I don’t feel that any one of Mienfoo’s or Pawniard’s individual sets is all that much above Bulk Up Timburr/Choice Scarf Magnemite, maybe Download Porygon/Life Orb Diglett. Their S rank placements would still be justified because they’re much more versatile than Timburr or Magnemite.

These are my opinions to get some discussion going.
RestTalk Munchlax from B to B+ because how it checks the meta (Strong fire, special attacks, and can take status decently) so well and can pursuit trap or spread para (with a 30% chance).
Defensive Cottonee from B to B+/A- this is an amazing pokemon despite losing offensive pressure, it can check non poison/steel/fire/ice moves fighting pokemon, set up sweepers like tirt, scraggy, (omanyte if you really want to risk), or just go into ground type moves. It also has knock off for the switch ins which help make them less bulkier for your own sweeper to sweep, it utilizes stun powder really well also for the switch ins (or to stay in and use it). I don't know why it is B when it can support a team really well, better than most lc support-oriented pokemons.

If you have more discussion to talk about of why a pokemon should be placed higher or lower then post with your reasons :].

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Let me get some discussion going on here:

Timburr's Bulk Up set should drop to A+ to reflect it's current ranking.
Porygon's Tank and Wall sets should rise to reflect it's current ranking.
Special Vanha is on-par with physical Vanha imo because it's still a great cleaner but also can act as a really good wallbreaker as well, so I think it should rise.
Why is Choice Scarf Snivy even ranked on here lol
Bulky Attacker Amaura (I'm assuming you mean Berry Juice) is pretty solid as a Flying check and can also sweep late-game with Rock Polish and Amaura's nice Ice/Ground combination, so I think it deserves C+ or B-.
What the hell is a Berry Juice Carvanha
Life Orb Houndour should rise to reflect Houndour's A- ranking.

I believe that some sets are really underrated, including Agility Porygon, Choice Scarf Snivy who are C+, with mons like Scarf Taillow, which is imo almost outclassed by Fletchling (Neither the power of Guts Taillow, nor the versality + the power of the Mixed). Agility Porygon is a really decent bulky sweeper who does not struggle to set-up most of the time, and who can quite easily finish a game if its counters are weakened. Choice Scarf Snivy is not the best Snivy, but I really think it is really decent, once the grass resists are down (or in the kill range of leaf storm), this is like a free sweep.

Also, why is Rock Polish Pawniard B+ ? There are some good players playing this (serious question) ? Otherwise it seems a bit weak, and I would prefer use SD + Sucker Punch if I really wanted a cleaner, or even Scarf Pawn. Also LO Houndour could up A- I think (Houndour is actually A- in the viab, so.).

Obviously there are just simple opinions, so please correct me if i'm wrong. :)

+ BrandonBeast : I guess BJ Carvanha is SubThief set.

Last edited:

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
I was actually thinking of updating the thread earlier yesterday, but I guess I don't have a choice now:
Bulk Up Timburr S -> A+
Eviolite Support Pawniard + Eviolite Swords Dance Pawniard -> Eviolite Pawniard
I made these changes last time, but in hindsight they were a bit silly.

Defensive Ponyta A+ -> A
Diglett is quite popular, which makes Ponyta's job much more difficult.

Tank Porygon A+ -> S
If I had to pick one set as the best in the metagame, I'd go with slowfoo. This would be number two because of its ridiculous combination of bulk, power, and flexibility.

Life Orb Gastly A -> A+
Gastly is one of the most difficult Pokemon in the metagame to switch into, and yet is still fast enough to hold its own against various offensive archetypes. It's probably around as good as LO Abra.

Eviolite Ferroseed A -> A-
For all of its strengths, not having recovery really holds Ferroseed back.

Choice Scarf Chinchou A- -> A
Fast Volt Switch is super annoying for a lot of teams right now, and it's harder to trap than other Chinchou variants.

Eviolite Larvesta A- -> B+
Requires too much support for a support mon to warrant A-rank

Itemless Archen A- -> A
The immediate power and resistance to Knock Off compared to Berry Juice Archen makes this set a fantastic wall-breaker, and it still forces more than enough switches to get rocks or Defog off. I don't consider this set worse than bj variants.

Choice Scarf Vulpix B+ -> B
Being vulnerable to every single hazard and priority move, and losing momentum without voltturn, makes this set pretty underwhelming.

Defensive Archen B+ -> B-
Fast Eviolite Archen B -> B-
An Archen that doesn't have access to a powerful Flying-type move and needs to give up a moveslot for Roost feels awfully vulnerable to Fighting-types, and basically exchanges offensive presence for bulk, except it isn't even that bulky.

Defensive Stunky B+ -> B
Even if it can do a few other things, it isn't usually worth it unless you're especially weak to Abra and/or Gastly.

Rock Polish Pawniard B+ -> B
I think I placed this a bit too high initially, as it's mostly outclassed by regular Pawniard.

Special Carvanha B+ -> A-
Significantly more raw power arguably makes this set just as good as physical Carvanha, despite less flexibility.

Pivot Pancham B+ -> B
Swords Dance Pancham B+ -> B-
It's got a few cool perks, but ultimately, it's difficult to justify using Pancham over more popular Fighting-types. Pivot Pancham has a slightly bigger niche than SD Pancham.

Eviolite Houndour B -> B-
Honestly, this set lost most of its use when Misdreavus got banned.

Life Orb Houndour B -> A-
Choice Scarf Houndour B- -> B
On the other hand, offensive Houndour sets are better than ever with people often relying on Diglett to deal with Fire-types.

Eviolite Scraggy B -> B+
I dunno, it just seems better than what's currently in B

Recycle Drifloon B -> A-
This is a really cool set that I would argue is at least as good as regular Drifloon, as it completely turns a lot of traditional Drifloon checks on their heads.

Choice Scarf Drilbur B- -> B
Originally it got moved down to B- because of the new toys ORAS provided us with, but I think the metagame has gone back to being somewhat weak to very fast and powerful Earthquakes now that people often just stick a scarf onto Ground-weak mons to get around Diglett.

Life Orb Elekid B- -> B
I'm pretty neutral on this change, but mid B better reflects the mon's ranking.

Choice Scarf Doduo C+ -> C
Choice Scarf Taillow C+ -> C
Natural Gift Fletchling C+ -> C
Birdspam tends to be very well prepared for nowadays, so sets that were already borderline gimmicky like these ones aren't really worth using.

Sand Rush Sandshrew C+ -> B-
I feel like Sand Rush shrew is just as good as Sand Rush dril, and C+ doesn't do either justice in how scary they can be.

Eviolite Sandshrew C -> C+
In general it's a pretty cool set that has more than enough perks to justify using over Drilbur on certain teams, which makes it better than the mostly pseudo-gimmicks of mid C.

Pursuit Honedge C -> B-
Swords Dance Honedge C -> C-
Automize Honedge C- -> removed
At first I thought the Honedge hype would just die away, but the Pursuit variant has actually turned out to be quite good. Pursuit Honedge undoubtedly makes the best use of its typing; set-up variants are totally outclassed because they lack the power to actually sweep.

Eviolite Cranidos C- -> B-
There are a bunch of cool variants like bulky Rock Polish and Pursuit that I didn't consider initially.

Support Anorith C- -> C+
As with Elekid, this is just to reflect the mon's ranking.

Let me get some discussion going on here:

Timburr's Bulk Up set should drop to A+ to reflect it's current ranking.
Porygon's Tank and Wall sets should rise to reflect it's current ranking.
Special Vanha is on-par with physical Vanha imo because it's still a great cleaner but also can act as a really good wallbreaker as well, so I think it should rise.
Why is Choice Scarf Snivy even ranked on here lol
Bulky Attacker Amaura (I'm assuming you mean Berry Juice) is pretty solid as a Flying check and can also sweep late-game with Rock Polish and Amaura's nice Ice/Ground combination, so I think it deserves C+ or B-.
What the hell is a Berry Juice Carvanha
Life Orb Houndour should rise to reflect Houndour's A- ranking.
I didn't move Porygon's wall set up because it can very occasionally be difficult to include on a team in such an offensive metagame, but I did move the tank set because it's pretty universally top notch.
Scarf Snivy requires a bit more support because it needs bulkier Grass-type resists removed instead of just weakened, but it's nice to be able to sweep past things like Scarfmite/Gastly/Aipom once they're sufficiently weakened instead of being forced out.
Bulky Attacker Amaura can be Eviolite or Berry Juice, as they play quite similarly. I'd like to hear a bit more on this before it gets moved up, because it's weak to a lot of common things and often lacks OHKO power against Eviolite users, making it difficult to actually sweep.
Aconit is right in saying the Berry Juice Carvanha is the Subthief variant.
I moved Timburr/special carv/LO dog by the way
I believe that some sets are really underrated, including Agility Porygon, Choice Scarf Snivy who are C+, with mons like Scarf Taillow, which is imo almost outclassed by Fletchling (Neither the power of Guts Taillow, nor the versality + the power of the Mixed). Agility Porygon is a really decent bulky sweeper who does not struggle to set-up most of the time, and who can quite easily finish a game if its counters are weakened. Choice Scarf Snivy is not the best Snivy, but I really think it is really decent, once the grass resists are down (or in the kill range of leaf storm), this is like a free sweep.

Also, why is Rock Polish Pawniard B+ ? There are some good players playing this (serious question) ? Otherwise it seems a bit weak, and I would prefer use SD + Sucker Punch if I really wanted a cleaner, or even Scarf Pawn. Also LO Houndour could up A- I think (Houndour is actually A- in the viab, so.).

Obviously there are just simple opinions, so please correct me if i'm wrong. :)

+ BrandonBeast : I guess BJ Carvanha is SubThief set.
You're right in saying Scarf Taillow isn't very good so I did end up moving it down, although it's usually Boomburst so it plays a little different from Fletchling. I gave my argument for having Agility Porygon so low earlier in this thread, however seeing as you weren't the first to disagree, I'd be open to moving it up if more people give their thoughts.
I agree with RP Pawn moving down and LO dog moving up, implemented those

Merritt

no comment
Head TD
BJ Fletchling to from A to A- or lower. Lower emphasized. It's not a particularly good set and has fallen out of "favor" due to losing a lot of immediate threateningness for a slightly better chance to set up. In addition, maybe split itemless Fletchling up into a pure physical set and mixed sets? They play kinda differently.

Corporal Levi

ninjadog of the decade
Hi, lots of updates again. Most of these are just to put the post better in line with the actual viability ranking. I still think that this could be a useful resource, so feel free to discuss!

Mienfoo -
Life Orb: A- -> B

Pawniard -
Eviolite: A+ -> S
Rock Polish: B -> C+

Fletchling -
Itemless: A- -> A+

Vullaby -
Offensive Pivot: A -> A+

Abra -
Focus Sash: A+ -> A
Life Orb: A+ -> A-

Carvanha -
Physical: A- -> A
Special: A- -> A

Cottonee -
Fast: B+ -> A
Defensive: B -> B+

Gastly -
Life Orb: A+ -> A

Gothita -
Eviolite: B+ -> A

Ponyta -
Sunnybeam: B -> B-

Archen -
Itemless: A- -> B
Offensive Berry Juice: A -> A-
Support: A -> A-

Drilbur -
Support: A -> A-
Life Orb: B+ -> B
Choice Scarf: B -> B+

Drifloon - removed

Snubbull -
Berry Juice: A -> A-

Spritzee -
Calm Mind: A -> A-
Cleric: A -> A-

Staryu -

Bellsprout -
Eviolite: B+ -> B

Skrelp -
Bulky Attacker: A- -> B+
Defensive: A- -> B+

Tirtouga -
Bulky Shell Smash: B+ -> A-

Slowpoke -
Defensive Pivot: B- -> B

Clamperl -
Wall-breaker: C- -> C+

Zigzagoon -
Belly Drum: B+ -> C+

Kabuto -
Eviolite: C -> C+

Berks

has a Calm Mind
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just a few little things!
  • I believe Carvanha's Special set should stay A-, as it lacks the priority in Aqua Jet that makes it so hard to deal with for offense along with lacking its best coverage move, Zen Headbutt.
  • Gothita's Eviolite set is too high at A and should be A-; it can remove key defensive threats, yes, but it is then removed by just about any decent physical attacker with a Dark move.
  • Sunnybeam Ponyta should probably be even lower based on just how hard it loses to Dig, but I don't know exactly how much farther down I'd like to see it.
Great updates, Levi!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)