KSG3000
Haru3000
Wail Wailord3000
fran173000
overpay!

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
nya.png

FUCK your shitty team logos with furry ass animals on them, if you're gonna play pokemon and be a WEEB then go ALL THE FUCKING WAY. That's right bitches get ready for the SKITTY COMMITTEE (or ENEKO IKKOU if you're cultured) 2020 to BLOW UP lcpl 9!!! imagine NOT being on the SAME TEAM as THIS transparent png SKITTY ANIME CATGIRL???? LITERALLY could not be me! more than that, imagine being on team with TWO egirls!!!!! :finchgasm: :finchgasm: :finchgasm: coming SOON to a 9-0 victory near YOU....私に手伝ってください!!!!

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
çøngrætülætīønš tø thøšę whø węrę dræftęd ænd gøød lüçk tø æłł thę tęæmš! thīš løøkš tø bę æ pøwęrfül šęæšøn. ī łøøk førwærd tø çømpętīng.

freezai

Live for the Applause
is a Tiering Contributor
The Official LCPL Power Rankings
1586963051037.png
Welcome to the Official LCPL Power Rankings! We compiled the rankings from around 30 LCers and averaged them out to create this year's power rankings. Without further ado,

1586960681757.png

1. BabyBoySwablus. 27.21 (#1 SS, #3 SM, #4 ORAS, #2 BW, #7 DPP)
swablu.gif

The BabyBoySwablus have formed the most threatening all-around SS core of the tour, with an assortment of present and former SPL starters. They also have above-average starters in every old gen, with good synergy amongst them. Even their weak link, Haru, can overperform with her access to Melon support. The biggest question for the Babyboyswablus will be making sure their key players perform up to par. All of them have had poor LCPL campaigns in the past and merely playing in SPL doesn’t mean that they can be expected to dominate the LCPL Pool. Furthermore, they may be vulnerable in a tiebreak situation as they don’t have a top 5 player, much less two, like some other teams have. Still, the babyboyswablus are the team to beat.

2. Taillow Swifts 28.53 ( #6 SS , #1 SM, #8 ORAS, #3 BW, #1 DPP)
taillow.gif

The Taillow Swifts have the strongest old gens core in the tour, thanks to Nails and Luthier who should dominate their respective tiers. Serene Grace carries a middling SS core, though Gareth Adamson is coming off a commanding Ekans performance and Babyboyblues comes in extremely hyped (albeit unproven). While one LCer has described him as the next Babyboyblues, The Amuse has absolutely no results whatsoever and it’s difficult to imagine him as anything other than a fodder slot. While highly ranked, Trash is a total wildcard in BW as he’s equally likely to go undefeated as he is to quit the tour by Week 2. Corckscrew is an unknown entity in ORAS, with his only previous LC team tour experience being part of Team Europe’s disastrous LCWC campaign. While the Taillows are strong at the top, they will ultimately need a stellar performance from the rest of their SS core in order to complete their redemption arc this season.

3. Skitty Committee 29.225 ( #5 SS, #2 SM, #3 ORAS, #7 BW, #5 DPP)
skitty.gif

The Skitties, led by LilyAC, have formed a team that is decidedly above average. This is embodied by the picks of Fille and Plas, two players who are very experienced but haven’t made the jump to the Snake/SPL starter tier. Along with an unknown in voltix31, it’s easy to justify their middle of the pack SS Ranking. Osh and Kushalos are among the best in their field in SM and ORAS, respectively, and Fantos13 is no slouch. BW is a question mark but KingKdot has had big wins in the past. Ultimately, their season will come down to whether or not Fille and Plas can perform. Osh, Kushalos, and LilyAC can form a consistent backbone, but they need one or both of those two to fire consistently. If they can do that, this team is a very serious championship contender.

4. Greed Up Geodudes 29.91 ( #2 SS, #8 SM, #2 ORAS, #4 BW, #4 DPP)
geodude.gif

The Geodudes started strong by picking up ggggd, the de facto #1 SS Player and followed it up by picking up a respectable assortment of LC Mains and tour players with frisoeva, Evigaro, and London13. They have the weakest SM player in the pool but that appears to be by design as they might look to load up Webs or other staples every week. Heysup is a very strong pick and fran17 and alkione are slightly above average selections to round out the old gens. The Geodudes definitely have the tools to succeed but they need their role players to perform well as there is a lot of reliance on average to above average players.

5. Activity Win Archens 30.15 (#7 SS, #7 SM, #6 ORAS, #1 BW, #3 DPP)
archen.gif

The Archens start with a troubled SS core. Jytcampbell is a good player but if he’s your number 1 option you know there’s a problem. Boulicrok has struggled to prove he’s anything more than “slightly above average” and although Snaga won LPL MVP, you realize how little that means when you learn Quote also won it once. Robjr is a serviceable player, but he certainly won’t be carrying a team. It doesn’t get better as you move down the roster either, relying on a washed Sken isn’t a recipe for success and Rozes isn’t highly regarded in ORAS. HSOWA is strong in DPP. But for all their flaws, they have one redeeming factor, Corporal Levi. When it’s all said and done, Corporal Levi might go down as the best player in LC history, and his ability to support all gens is unparalleled. Expect some overperformances as Levi carries this team, The Levi Factor itself might be enough to transform this fringe playoff team into something special.

6. Shambled Shellos 32.91 ( #8 SS, #4 SM, #1 ORAS, #5 BW, #6 DPP)
shellos.gif

The Shellos’ SS core looks to be a very problematic weak link. With a total of 0 combined SPL or Snake LC games in recent history, they have nothing that resembles a star player and are hoping that their average players perform above average. They also drank the Laroxyl Kool-Aid and ponied up for someone whose biggest accomplishment is beating voltix31 in the ladder tour. Toadow has been described as “a powerful version of Luthier” by one prominent LC player but he will have to perform well to keep up in this SM pool. zf is a stud that makes this old gens core redeemable, but relying on Mambo and Tcr has the potential to go south. Admittedly, however, these rankings (in particular their SS rankings) are slightly unfair as this team's biggest strength is its flexibility and can rotate slots as the season goes on. The key for the Shellos will be getting their SS core to perform above expectations, as it’s very likely that they will find an old gens lineup that works because of their flexibility.

7. Pancham Fam 34.598 ( #4 SS, #6 SM, #7 ORAS, #8 BW, #2 DPP)

The Panchams opened up their draft picking up LC Elite Jake, a top tier DPPer in Tonyflygon, and one of the best LC Players in history in Zorodark. Eternal Spirit was ranked poorly but he could easily have a good season as well. Unfortunately, it quickly tapers off from there. Wabane looks to be outclassed in the strong SM Pool, the Panchams opted for below-average mainers to fill up the rest of the old gens, and Iss is a meme. The Panchams do have the ability to mix it up here and there, but from a talent standpoint they look outmatched outside of their Big 3.

8. Pakistani Phanphys 34.599 ( #3 SS, #5 SM, #5 ORAS, #6 BW, #8 DPP)
phanpy.gif

While the mainer bias has certainly influenced these rankings, the Pakistani Phanphys still do not look like a strong team. Xiri, Void, Ict have all had poor spells in LC tours as of late, Lax has close to 0 experience in LC, and Obii finds himself at the end of the DPP player pool. There’s also a large reliance on Starmaster (or PMD-Mudkip?) to build teams which is something that can be exploited. FLCL will almost certainly overperform his #5th ranking and Star is #2 SS overall for a reason, but it still looks like an uphill battle for the team. There is reason for optimism however: “mons is mons” and if Starmaster’s tour players can play to their potential, they are easily a playoff team.

Thanks to all the rankers and writers! Here's to a good LCPL Season
1586970437996.png

Last edited:

doomsday doink

v̶̱̅i̵̢̕l̶̦̈́ļ̵͗a̷̙̓g̸͈͝ę̵̎ ̵̱̌g̷̭͆û̷̦a̵̰͛ȓ̶̜d̸
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
When it’s all said and done, mæmbø might go down as the best player in LC history, and his ability to support all gens is unparalleled. Expect some overperformances as mæmbø carries this team. The døīnk itself might be enough to transform this fringe playoff team into something special.

BBB LCPL Username Rankings

1. Trace - im a big fan of a single random word as a username, which is a lot of the ones near the top. I just like short names in general
  2. Jake - putting ur name is so alpha
  3. shrug
  4. star
  5. nails
  6. Trash - yep he is indeed
  7. doomsday doink - alliteration +1, doink is a fun word, this name just rolls off the tongue
  8. Toadow - i imagine toad from mario, v cute
  9. Kingler12345 - very cute username, reminds me of like an 8 year old signing up for smogon or smth
  10. Gummy
  11. gareth adamson - putting your entire name is even more alpha
  12. Osh - oshawott is cute and osh is a cuter shortening
  13. Sken - sounds fun
  14. Fille - feey
  15. Obii - obeey
  16. Coconut - COconut or cocoNUT
  17. TonyFlygon - same reasoning as kingler12345
  18. Wabane - wah bane
  19. Pamplona - great name to say pamp PLOnuh
  20. Ima - eye muh
  21. Brewfasa - rolls off the tongue, the pun is funny, fatty is a good name too
  22. Plas - plahs
  23. Haru
  24. Snaga - i imagine an alligator saying this as its chomping people
  25. jox
  26. holiday
  27. alkione
  28. Lax - munchlax is my favorite pokemon
  29. Robjr
  30. czim - i miss invader zim
  31. Eternalsnowman - olaf sucks
  32. Kushalos
  33. Heysup - hello!!!!
  34. Rozes - would be better with an s
  35. Ninjadog - i like thinking of a dog with a ninja outfit
  36. endal
  37. zorodark
  38. lilyAC - alpha name
  39. Kingkdot - goat rapper
  40. Xizaaaa - the extra a’s add character
  41. Fiend - bit too edgy for me
  42. Luthier - loofah
  43. joltage
  44. Boulicrok - boolee crawk
  45. Finchinator - finches are cute
  46. mikaav
  47. xiri
  48. Void - edgy
  49. Laroxyl - lur AHX uhl
  50. KSG - good album
  51. Goao - goao goao hes cool like an owl
  52. frisoeva
  53. London13 - not a fan of random numbers
  54. fantos13
  55. megazard
  56. Jytcampbell - andy warhol is cool
  57. Burntzebra - is this a delicacy somewhere or what
  58. fitzy72
  59. iss
  60. Hamhamhamhamham - 5 hams is too many, 4 is perfect
  61. odd della robbia - i never watched this show
  62. eternal spirit - sorry jesus
  63. Evigaro - ehvi gahroh
  64. Welli0u - not a fan of random zeros
  65. Corckscrew - the extra c makes it weird to say
  66. Metariolu7
  67. corporal levi - what does this even mean, why would u wanna be a corporal when u can be a captain or something
  68. Wail Wailord - i dont get the extra wail
  69. voltix31
  70. hsowa
  71. fran17
  72. Mad0ka - weeb AND a random zero, awful combination
  73. Jaajgko - im probably uncultured but idk how to pronounce this, is it jaaj g.k.o. or jaaj guhkoh
  74. Lopunny Kicks - yea it does i guess?
  75. Serene Grace - i remember i thought u were a woman when i first saw this name
  76. PMD-Mudkip - pmd makes the aesthetic weird, but u do u
  77. The Amuse - amuse is a verb, feels weird to say, like eternal atake
  78. Idiotfrommars
  79. Ggggd - awful name, the d makes no sense, its not even like an upside down g or anything, its so awful that pablo himself doesnt even go by

acronym rankings - based on how fun to say
  1. ht
  2. tko
  3. zf
  4. ict
  5. flcl
  6. tcr

Last edited:

DC

Kpop Main, No Brain
is a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Congrats to the Taillows and Panchams for making playoffs and good luck to the Shellos, Skitties, and Phanpys in the tiebreaker. I thought it would be nice to see how accurate the pre-season power rankings were since we have just finished the regular season. Provided here is each team's record in both the SS section and the Old Gens section This is followed by the amount of money spent for the players for each section and the difference between the PR ranking and the post season ranking. [Disclaimer: the pricing is not accurate for most teams since I double counted a player for both sections if they played both an SS and an Old Gen game. Also, players that may have been sold back are included in the pricing if they played at least one game.] Hope you guys enjoy the info! :blobthumbsup:

SS
  1. :Taillow: : 14-14 (60k) - PR rank: 6 --> Reg rank: 4
  2. :Pancham: : 19-9 (62.4k) - PR rank: 4 --> Reg rank: 1
  3. :Phanpy: : 13-14 (54.3k) - PR rank: 3 --> Reg rank: 6
  4. :Shellos: : 15-13 (49.8k) - PR rank: 8 --> Reg rank: 3
  5. :Skitty: : 15-13 (48.6k) - PR rank: 5 --> Reg rank: 2
  6. :Archen: : 10-18 (45.5k) - PR rank: 7 --> Reg rank: 7
  7. :Swablu: : 13-12 (58.1k) - PR rank: 1 --> Reg rank: 5
  8. :Geodude: : 9-15 (58k) - PR rank: 2 --> Reg rank: 8
Old Gens
  1. :Taillow: : 16-12 (43k) - PR rank: 1 --> Reg rank: 3
  2. :Pancham: : 11-16 (34.1k) - PR rank: 7 --> Reg rank: 6
  3. :Phanpy: : 16-11 (46.2k) - PR rank: 8 --> Reg rank: 2
  4. :Shellos: : 15-13 (50.3k) - PR rank: 2 --> Reg rank: 5
  5. :Skitty: : 15-13 (47.9k) - PR rank: 4 --> Reg rank: 4
  6. :Archen: : 17-11 (50.5k) - PR rank: 4 --> Reg rank: 1
  7. :Swablu: : 10-18 (42.4k) - PR rank: 2 --> Reg rank: 8
  8. :Geodude: : 11-17 (42.5k) - PR rank: 6 --> Reg rank: 7
-EDIT: Price has been adjusted (alot more accurate than b4)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)