Tournament LCPL VIII - Commencement

Merritt

no comment
is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Head TD
Shrug 27000
BurntZebra 25000
Heysup 22500
FLCL 22500
ZoroDark 22500
Toadow 18500
ict 17500
TDK 15500
Finchinator 15500
Chill Shadow 15500
Plas 15000
pinktidal 15000
vooper 12500
robjr 12500
Eternal Spirit 12000
Simbo 12000
HT 11500
TonyFlygon 11000
Nails 10500
Kushalos 10500
Alkione 10000
Jox 9500
passion 9000
rozes 8000
Real FV13 8000
Wabane 7000
KingKdot 7000
HSOWA 7000
trace 7000
lighthouses 7000
Mikaav 7000
Lopunny Kicks 6500
SpaceWorm 6500
Luthier 6500
Casparov 6000
-Tsunami- 6000
teal6 5500
tahu 5500
frisoeva 5500
Eternally 5500
Hamhamhamham 5000
Megazard 5000
czim 5000
Jytcampbell 5000
neomon 5000
Rodriblutar 5000
TheFenderStory 4500
Bebo 4500
HSA 4000
fitzy72 4000
Fantos13 4000
Arifeen 4000
Pamplona 4000
Cynara 4000
Sjneider 4000
Midnight Howl 4000
fran17 3500
King Leo V 3500
Xizaaa 3500
Gareth Adamson 3000
TheRam 3000
EternalSnowman 3000
Havens 3000
London13 3000
Mambo 3000
TruSwagblu 3000
absdaddy 3000
Watchog 3000
Bouki 3000
Wail Wailord 3000
Sealette 3000
EviGaro 3000
Ampha 3000
Xiri 3000
tjdaas 3000
TROP 3000
SaDiSTiCNarwhal 3000

Congratulations to everyone that got drafted! Unofrtunately, I did not make it in the draft this year but with that I'm offering myself to any and every team that wants me to help build and test. I only ask that you trust that I wont snake you if I'm helping out multiple teams, so hmu for a test bitch or some building help.

Nails

Double Threat
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Shrug 27000
BurntZebra 25000
Heysup 22500
FLCL 22500
ZoroDark 22500
Toadow 18500
ict 17500
TDK 15500
Finchinator 15500
Chill Shadow 15500
Plas 15000
pinktidal 15000
vooper 12500
robjr 12500
Eternal Spirit 12000
Simbo 12000
HT 11500
TonyFlygon 11000
Nails 10500
Kushalos 10500
Alkione 10000
Jox 9500
passion 9000
rozes 8000
Real FV13 8000
Wabane 7000
KingKdot 7000
HSOWA 7000
trace 7000
lighthouses 7000
Mikaav 7000
Lopunny Kicks 6500
SpaceWorm 6500
Luthier 6500
Casparov 6000
-Tsunami- 6000
teal6 5500
tahu 5500
frisoeva 5500
Eternally 5500
Hamhamhamham 5000
Megazard 5000
czim 5000
Jytcampbell 5000
neomon 5000
Rodriblutar 5000
TheFenderStory 4500
Bebo 4500
HSA 4000
fitzy72 4000
Fantos13 4000
Arifeen 4000
Pamplona 4000
Cynara 4000
Sjneider 4000
Midnight Howl 4000
fran17 3500
King Leo V 3500
Xizaaa 3500
Gareth Adamson 3000
TheRam 3000
EternalSnowman 3000
Havens 3000
London13 3000
Mambo 3000
TruSwagblu 3000
absdaddy 3000
Watchog 3000
Bouki 3000
Wail Wailord 3000
Sealette 3000
EviGaro 3000
Ampha 3000
Xiri 3000
tjdaas 3000
TROP 3000
SaDiSTiCNarwhal 3000

overpay!

Gummy

...three, smiles go for miles!
Congratulations to everyone that got drafted! Unofrtunately, I did not make it in the draft this year but with that I'm offering myself to any and every team that wants me to help build and test. I only ask that you trust that I wont snake you if I'm helping out multiple teams, so hmu for a test bitch or some building help.
to counter this, i am ONLY helping the skitties. :smallkitty:

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
TEAM RANKINGS -- DEFINITIVE AND OBJECTIVE -- EXCLUDING MY OWN TEAM, THE VIRTUOUS AND WORLD-BESTRIDING SHAMBLED SHELLOS -- DIRECT ALL COMPLAINTS ABOUT THIS LIST TO USER: NINEAGE'S DISCORD PMS

so a new season of lcpl is upon us. unfortunately for the narrative possibilities of the tournament, but probably fortunately for the mental wellbeing of a bunch of 16 yos, all the managers seem to be competent, well-adjusted, level-headed, not-pedophiles, regular, and so on. i return to you as a humble Player this time around, back as your teamrating correspondent after years away, here to take an unbiased look at the results of an auction that gets more baffling by the year.

1. GREED UP GEODUDES
team name rating: 5.5/10
SUMMARY: the fighting loafs slide in as this year's top team. the theory of roster construction shouldnt be unfamiliar at this point, and starmaster effectively found tour players whom he can supply and have them defeat people ive never heard of before. shake, teal, tony etc shouldnt be too unexpected, but absolute managerial negligence allowed them to cop gama and rodri too who are -- this is approximate -- 25 - 3 combined in lc teamtours over the past half decade. they even managed to draft a dpper in fender, a task that fell beyond the capabilities of nearly every other manager on this list. there are no real weak points in the lineup, and their probable bench players / teambuilders seem like solid dudes.
POTENTIAL WEAK POINT: kingler12345 gets bullied hard enough that he quits? doesnt seem likely, but ive also seen logs of him getting dumpstered by a 15 yo VGC teen who has met him irl so i cant rule it out.
TEAM NAME: a little inside-jokey, but solid overall. love me some thematic cohesion

2. SKITTY COMMITTEE
team name rating: 7.5/10
SUMMARY: i rlly liked this draft for this team, lots of guys i support got scooped up. I can really easily see eight starters here, which isnt true everywhere. Chillshadow should be well-stocked with teams from spaceworm, fille, etc, latter both of whom can start themselves. i ride for absdaddy as well, i think this will be a season for him where he goes 5-2 and not 1-2 while quitting week 3 after he and GOAO call each other the hard-r nword 70 times apiece. team is rounded out by some sneaky good picks on the backend, frisoeva and so on, and no teenage girls for jox to try to seduce by pming them pictures of creme brulle and saying "come to amsterdam sweetie".
POTENTIAL WEAKPOINT: three members of their team quit, or dangerous levels of europeanness means theyre too busy smoking cigs and recalling passive-agressive encounters they had with their stepfather in 2005 about vacuuming while watching shows called "widepier." that are basically black and white despite being on colored film which make them both sad and aroused to play.
TEAM NAME: boldly went for the pokemon-noun-as-adjective approach which makes them stand out. did not follow through on drafting gummy which docks them points.

3. ACTIVITY CALL ARCHENS
team name rating: 5/10
SUMMARY: this team has shooters lowkey. lot of dudes in the shrug draft sweetspot of underrated tour ppl and regulars, though i dont know if theyve drafted a dundies-type underrated bellcow and melon and tazz are probably more attentive managers and more effective motivators than my dumb ass, know your strengths y'all. theyre solid all the way around, with ppl like robjr who is underrated probably because he has had two absolutely awful names. good player nonetheless. just scanning the draft list and there's like 6 number-players and half of them are 13s and two of them are on this team? shoutout realfv. anyway, yes i like this team, melon prolly shouldve selfdrafted but i get why not.
POTENTIAL WEAKPOINT: um idk, tazz drops too many well-reasoned takes on american politics and people get annoyed that he seems to draw effective inferences from primary sources (liberal arts college gang)? melon gets despondent because the showtime desus and mero is worse than the original?
TEAM NAME: didnt rlly strike me. not "bad", but i dont see why archens are particularly prone to losing to act calls or picking them up.

4. 70% BAN RATE WINGULLS
team name rating: 6/10
SUMMARY: some absolute lads on this team. luthier is primed to be the league leader in enthusiasm, and now that he builds his own teams im unsure if anyone will defeat him... zorodark is good too, dcae, madoka, passion, etc. depends on how the rest of the roster fills in for me -- im unsure how to gauge relative skill levels in some of these product-of-eight-by-eight games that determine how the middle of the table shakes out usually. this team has an absurd number of dudes with names that are just letters -- was this intentional? shame ggggd didnt hop in, he would have made this team elite in both respects.
POTENTIAL WEAKPOINT: did not save enough money for trash at midseason, a drought of teams after dcae gets back into hard drugs.
TEAM NAME: does not flow linguistically, but is p clever and has a cool pokemon.

5. TAILLOW SWIFTS
team name rating: 8/10
SUMMARY: reading the first four names on this teamlist i was like o fuck. im big on heysup, leon masterfully guided a team to the trophy beneath my name, serenes and ninjadog are formidable. im unsure if i trust the rest of the roster the same way though, maybe im wrong and their team is the result of deep scouting. shoutout gaereth adamson, wonder what the timezone for scotland is. unironically want to see 5 games played by truswagblu this season.
POTENTIAL WEAKPOINT: weak pacific timezones from the managers means merritt goes beastmode on them in pms, evigaro is shown to be an alt.
TEAM NAME: this one is p good. taillow learns swift too i think so it actually does work both ways.

6. PUGNACIOUS PHANPHYS
team name rating: 6.5/10
SUMMARY: veteran team all around, shoutout to my former comanager tahu. rating them this low is weird because i like their lineup, i just dont see them having a lot of games per week where theyre heavily favored which means a lot of ties and 5-3s which im not that confident about rating. i do like everyone on here though, so maybe this ranking is wrong. idk i woke up at 2pm today and turned on my computer to find out someonbe drafted me for 27k nothing about this tournament makes sense.
POTENTIAL WEAKPOINT: viper drives over a landmine and the team loses half its teams in a given week.
TEAM NAME: didnt reinvent the wheel here, but the imagry of a fighting phanphy with its trunk up is p good.

7. TACTICAL TOTODILES
team name rating: 5.5/10
SUMMARY: if you read me going "off" about american football in lc chat you might have picked up on the theory that running backs dont matter. thats better expressed as the idea that the success of the running game is determined more by your offensive line and by the defensive scheme than the actual person you have carrying the ball. this draft seemed to be the start of the "dppers dont matter" theory -- that luck and mu mostly determines your dpp performance moreso than your actual player. this is all to say i dont get coconut's not picking a dpp player when eseque and imanalt were still on the board and indeed didnt get drafted -- Eseque the offer still stands to teach you sm big homie. but yes, a draft i was a little confused by here. burntzebra and flcl are obviously top-level, but idk how the rest of the roster shapes up afterwards.
POTENTIAL WEAKPOINT: coconut finally snaps and bans me from the server leading to a popular uprising.
TEAM NAME: ehhhh,

I'll drop my personal opinion on this season's LCPL, keep in mind that this is all subjective, and there might be some bias. Also I'll exclude my team just like Shrug did.

1. Greed Up Geodudes

On paper this is arguably the best roster, filled with some pretty big names. There's not really much to say, the players and the teambuilding backbone seems decent, as it was said already. Only downside I see is that, with such big names, some players might not pay too much attention to this tour to focus on something more important, but LCPL is a pretty prestigious tour. I guess only time will tell.

2. Skitty Committee

This could've easily been number 1, and it is in fact very close to that spot. The Fille + Jox core is devastating, and old gens are covered by pinktidal and Nails. Spaceworm was a bit of a gamble, which is the main reason to why I'm not ranking them no.1, but still a very solid roster

3. Shambled Shellos

Uncle taranteeeno and fatty managed to get quite the draft, grabbing Shrug (although a bit of an overpay imo), Plas and HSOWA, who got very solid results in LPL. The team looks promising, although I'm a bit worried about the teambuilding department.

4. 70% Ban Rate Wingulls

Some choices on this draft left me quite surprised, but I hope they can prove their worth here. Good enough draft, but I don't think the BW spot is that solid.

5. Pugnacious Phanpys

The team seems pretty polar to me. The players seem very solid, the teambuilders seem pretty eh. Just prove me wrong there

6. Activity Call Archens

This might be controversial, but I don't really like this draft at all. It has good players with experience but that lack results in some way, and Melon not playing hurts, but at least they drafted another DPPer.

7. Taillow Swifts

This draft I dislike even more, not to toss shit at managers, as the job they did is fairly decent, in fact I think every team is decent at least. This one's SM and BW don't look as threating as the others and there are some controvercies with a certain someone. At least they have the best name, so kudos for that.

Last edited:
Hi! to all BW (and even other gens if you want) players in this tournament. I will not play games with you but if you want to talk (I still love talking about Pokemon) about teams or whatever I am super free hit me up on discord at TUO#2336. I really struggle with regards to wanting to play the game but you can ask anybody, my ability to talk about shit is probably the best in the business.

EviGaro

is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
RU Leader
Hi! to all BW (and even other gens if you want) players in this tournament. I will not play games with you but if you want to talk (I still love talking about Pokemon) about teams or whatever I am super free hit me up on discord at TUO#2336. I really struggle with regards to wanting to play the game but you can ask anybody, my ability to talk about shit is probably the best in the business.
How the frick do you play this tier

Vileman

Actually a Nice Fella
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
UPL Champion
I looked through the draft and i think its pretty clear which teams are above the rest. below i show you my team rankings.
Go Frogs!!!

btw whoever pms me first gets all my bw lc teams as i want to retire them @_@

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)