Tournament LCPL X - Week 7

congrats to the teams who earned playoffs, we deserved it 100% archens and you all played well enough to get there, hopefully we all collected some karma to use in future tournaments.

I'd like to thank Isza in particular for learning dpp with me this season and Melon and Plas for helping, after mambo cancered I thought that we would go the way of the wingulls in LCPL 8 and the swablus last season, but despite in theory being 10k down we were very competitive thanks to your help. Isza signed up under the presumption that he would be a sub, and I can't thank him enough for helping me through a terrible situation.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Won vs Z Strats, gg
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-gen8lc-572068

Sucks that we missed playoffs :( but 5-1 is definitely one of the better records I've had in a subforum tour so i'm happy with that aspect of the tour. HUGE shoutouts to Fiend (only partially sorry I tagged u like 50 times) Jox and daunt vs (l2p) for providing tons of feedback on teams every week, I really appreciate it

I signed up for this tour as a joke for the free trash movement, never expected to play any games. But due to certain circumstances I had to step up and learn a tier I was very unfamiliar with.. and it couldn't have been more fun :heart:

Thanks for drafting me tazz As well as all the test games you gave me those late nights. Seriously those helped alot I'll be glad to play for you again.

As for the LC community, based on the interactions ive had with people in this tour you all seem like a very nice group in general. I may suck at gen 8 LC, but I'll stick around and participate in more tours of yours in the future.

Well, to me it is a probable farewell for LC tournaments, i will miss so many of you guys and wanna thanks my managers Fille and Jox for being incredible friends its tough but that's it, I tried a lot, it's incredible but it doesn't happen. The LCPL was over for me, I tried a lot. It hurts me more than anyone not to be able to win, but that's the way it is. It did not happen and unfortunately I am leaving without being able to achieve it. Many times I have to lose. The truth is that it is a bad streak that I get, but that's it, the first thing that comes to me and I thought about it in the dressing room is that it's done, it's over for me pokemon, it's not for me. Unfortunately I looked for it, it was what I most wanted, it wasn't given to me, but I think that's it.

Also thank you Wail and DVS for inviting and i hope we can at least play chess together in a near future

Much love and take care

Jox

LCPL Champion
This was one rollercoaster of a season. Week 5 and we only had 1 point. There was no hope at all but at the same time no one was giving up. I learned a shit ton of things while managing a team and how I can improve myself to become a better manager next time. Things like learning more old gens and being better with scheduling for my team. We ended with 6 points, being 5th in standings after this rough start and almost making it to playoffs. that’s a win in my eyes. So let’s go to the Shoutouts

Osh The second manager of the Ohayo Oshawotts and my most spammed person on Instagram together with fille. I liked the draft plan we had and it almost worked out perfectly. I hope that you can play the next time we are in a team so we can stomp the competition together. Also, you can keep all the Oshawotts emoji’s. they are all yours.

Fille Best BW player in my eyes and most fucked up person on discord. fucking love you bro and can't wait to manage lpl with you. next time we will win LCPL for sure!! Every time you builded a team for bw you tagged me but not for checking the team weaknesses or if its good enough. nope... you just wanted to show me choice banded Ponyta or another crazy Pokémon that scared the shit out of me.

Expulso I think this is the second time we are on a team and you were killing it in swsh. I hope that this will be the moment for you that people start realising that you are one of the better swsh players and actually respect you for what you can achieve. you learned me a lot about what to do as a manager with your own experience and I wish we got into playoffs so bad so you could get some more free wins. gg man

Toadow I am always on your team and this time I did it myself. I learned how you can just put toad in sm and it will give you the wins you need. you had a rough start but even after the loses you didn’t tilt and got us the wins when we needed them. always love working with you and see you in the next team tour ^^

Gray I trust you in swsh even if you lost some. we all have those seasons. It was great having you in the server and you will always be my swsh test partner ^^ We will fuck them up next time.

Mikaav We didn’t really have much contact outside of the squirtles lpl chat but I knew that you would nuke the competition and you were worth it. You really didn’t mind what you had to play, if it was swsh, sm or oras. 6-2 is an amazing score and being 5-1 in swsh even with the meta shift is impressive. good job man

HSOWA Fuck dpp LOL, your amazing bro but man, watching dpp is fun until crits happen. I have the feeling that you weren’t really lucky this season and I hope you will get some luck back next time. PS, egirl nicknames ftw

Fiend you were basically everything that I could not do and that was helping oldgens. Thnx a lot for everything you have done for the team and you are always a great chat presence.

Ahmad Alfatih even if you didn’t show up or if irl got in the way. don’t worry bro, that’s just shit you can't always help. I really liked glaring into the oras chat to see the wall of text and planning what to do every week and I know oras didn’t go well this season for our team. you really helped a ton and I hope that you will have more time for yourself and mons in the next team tour.

Kurukaito risi Collette S1nn0hC0nfirm3d Gummy I think it’s fair to tag you all for this. Drafting a big team was my mistake and after week 5 I could not afford switching around my players. If the early weeks would have gone differently than I would have given everyone the games they deserved. Thnx a ton for staying on the team and being great in helping the teammates. I hope that you all will get more screen time in the upcoming team tours

I want to give my Thnx to the Oshawotts supporters as well

Eseque Ampha Antgeezy yellowfin EnzoLapras Klutze kushal00 rhydonphilip Specs Xizaaa Kate daunt vs

This was one rollercoaster of a season. Week 5 and we only had 1 point. There was no hope at all but at the same time no one was giving up. I learned a shit ton of things while managing a team and how I can improve myself to become a better manager next time. Things like learning more old gens and being better with scheduling for my team. We ended with 6 points, being 5th in standings after this rough start and almost making it to playoffs. that’s a win in my eyes. So let’s go to the Shoutouts

Osh The second manager of the Ohayo Oshawotts and my most spammed person on Instagram together with fille. I liked the draft plan we had and it almost worked out perfectly. I hope that you can play the next time we are in a team so we can stomp the competition together. Also, you can keep all the Oshawotts emoji’s. they are all yours.

Fille Best BW player in my eyes and most fucked up person on discord. fucking love you bro and can't wait to manage lpl with you. next time we will win LCPL for sure!! Every time you builded a team for bw you tagged me but not for checking the team weaknesses or if its good enough. nope... you just wanted to show me choice banded Ponyta or another crazy Pokémon that scared the shit out of me.

Expulso I think this is the second time we are on a team and you were killing it in swsh. I hope that this will be the moment for you that people start realising that you are one of the better swsh players and actually respect you for what you can achieve. you learned me a lot about what to do as a manager with your own experience and I wish we got into playoffs so bad so you could get some more free wins. gg man

Toadow I am always on your team and this time I did it myself. I learned how you can just put toad in sm and it will give you the wins you need. you had a rough start but even after the loses you didn’t tilt and got us the wins when we needed them. always love working with you and see you in the next team tour ^^

Gray I trust you in swsh even if you lost some. we all have those seasons. It was great having you in the server and you will always be my swsh test partner ^^ We will fuck them up next time.

Mikaav We didn’t really have much contact outside of the squirtles lpl chat but I knew that you would nuke the competition and you were worth it. You really didn’t mind what you had to play, if it was swsh, sm or oras. 6-2 is an amazing score and being 5-1 in swsh even with the meta shift is impressive. good job man

HSOWA Fuck dpp LOL, your amazing bro but man, watching dpp is fun until crits happen. I have the feeling that you weren’t really lucky this season and I hope you will get some luck back next time. PS, egirl nicknames ftw

Fiend you were basically everything that I could not do and that was helping oldgens. Thnx a lot for everything you have done for the team and you are always a great chat presence.

Ahmad Alfatih even if you didn’t show up or if irl got in the way. don’t worry bro, that’s just shit you can't always help. I really liked glaring into the oras chat to see the wall of text and planning what to do every week and I know oras didn’t go well this season for our team. you really helped a ton and I hope that you will have more time for yourself and mons in the next team tour.

Kurukaito risi Collette S1nn0hC0nfirm3d Gummy I think it’s fair to tag you all for this. Drafting a big team was my mistake and after week 5 I could not afford switching around my players. If the early weeks would have gone differently than I would have given everyone the games they deserved. Thnx a ton for staying on the team and being great in helping the teammates. I hope that you all will get more screen time in the upcoming team tours

I want to give my Thnx to the Oshawotts supporters as well

Eseque Ampha Antgeezy yellowfin EnzoLapras Klutze kushal00 rhydonphilip Specs Xizaaa Kate daunt vs
my scouts went kinda dummy tho :flushed:

ty all oshas for an amazing time, we had the best teamchat by far, i wouldnt have traded the fun we had in there for a playoff spot any day of the week

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)