Leftovers FTW

Team Summary: This is a stall team. Hinted by the title, every single Pokemon on this team is carrying Leftovers. The aim of this team is to set up Sandstorm, Toxic Spikes, Spikes, Stealth Rock and force your opponents to switch to take more damage.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 152 Def / 88 SpD
Impish nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Stealth Rock
- Slack Off
---
Starts up Sandstorm and sets up SR, already after the first turn your opponent is taking damage.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 96 Atk / 156 Def / 4 Spe
Impish nature (+Def, -SpA)
- Drill Peck
- Roost
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
---
My Spiker and phaser.

Tentacruel @ Leftovers
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 204 HP / 96 SpA / 172 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Surf
- Sludge Bomb
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
---
Toxic Spiker and spinner. Sludge Bomb for those pesky Bulky Waters.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 40 SpA / 216 SpD
Calm nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Softboiled
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
---
Cleric that is more Special Defence orientated because I am lacking Special Walls. Thunder Wave for paralysing things that can't be poisoned and Ice Beam for anything that resists TWave.

Rotom-C @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Air Slash
- Trick
---
Spin blocker. I love this thing. You don't know how many things i've OHKO with it holding Specs. Trick allows it to screw up a lot of things such as Clefable (hate that thing).

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Hidden Power Electric
- Roar
- Wish

Wish passer and phazer. Absorbs water attacks and helps deal with many physical sweepers the other walls can't.

I think it's quite the good team, except for one little nitpick.

Blissey REALLY doesn't need to be calm , it will stay alive against specials. To make bliss easier to keep alive, you should switch to bold.

I can't really help you beyond that, so good luck. Have you tested it yet?

Also, you can stick black sludge on Tentacruel to mess over any potential tricksters by switching him in.

Yeh Black Sludge is way better than leftovers on Tentacruel but then again the team slogan is 'Leftovers FTW'

I like Calm on Blissey because my team needs as much special defence support as possible. Calm and the Special Defence EVs allow it to survive Aura Spheres and Focus Blasts that can otherwise dent it.

Stall teams need a ghost to block rapid spin. Starmie will force you to switch to Bliss every single time. It will spin all your stuff and then switch out. The Rotoms are excellent spin blockers, so I recommend fitting one into your team.

Seismic toss > Toxic on Bliss so you can hit Heatran. You are already running T-Spikes so there is no need for toxic.

You may wanna test Rapid Spin > Sludge Bomb on Tentacruel to get rid of spikes and SR. Especially spikes because they will give you nightmares. Also, DON'T use black sludge on Tenta because it will later get tricked to something else(probably bliss).

And finally, you are weak to Gyarados. Celebi needs Reflect and Grass Knot to counter Gyara properly.

This is Obi's stall team minus Spiritomb, replaced with Swampert which has no recovery, doesn't block spin, doesn't counter Lucario and who's purpose is already served by Hippowdon. I don't know what you hope to accomplish by posting this RMT.

This is Obi's stall team minus Spiritomb, replaced with Swampert which has no recovery, doesn't block spin, doesn't counter Lucario and who's purpose is already served by Hippowdon. I don't know what you hope to accomplish by posting this RMT.
oh wow rly
i first got the idea of this team where i was thinking of what the best walling combo was and i thought of swampert and skarmory, the 2 cover each others weakness very well. Then i needed to resist every type so only fighting, ice and water left so i picked tentacruel because it covered all 3 and i needed a toxic spiker where as skarmory and swampert could spike and stealth rock.
thats where my stall team started...i got rid of stealth rock on swampert because i found hippo could do it better and set up sandstorm at the same time.
i like celebi because it is very defensive and has leech seed which will force switchers
i was unsure of the last pokemon, i was thinking heatran with a scarf for a quick revenge killer but i needed something other than tentacruel to stop water attacks (tentacruel seemed like my only special wall) so i chose blissey which could also pass wish to swampert.
but still it was too defence walling orientated so i wanted to balance it out by selecting Obi's stall team's pokemon's ev spread (they focused a bit more on special defence).

Stall teams need a ghost to block rapid spin. Starmie will force you to switch to Bliss every single time. It will spin all your stuff and then switch out. The Rotoms are excellent spin blockers, so I recommend fitting one into your team.

Seismic toss > Toxic on Bliss so you can hit Heatran. You are already running T-Spikes so there is no need for toxic.

You may wanna test Rapid Spin > Sludge Bomb on Tentacruel to get rid of spikes and SR. Especially spikes because they will give you nightmares. Also, DON'T use black sludge on Tenta because it will later get tricked to something else(probably bliss).

And finally, you are weak to Gyarados. Celebi needs Reflect and Grass Knot to counter Gyara properly.
I'm thinking of picking one of the Rotoms to block spins but I don't know who to replace. Toxic is needed on Blissey because flying/levitating pokemon resist toxic spikes and most flying/levitating guys have roost to heal from seismic toss while toxic wears em down.

LOL what do u mean? Tentacruel does have Rapid Spin.
Yes Gyarados can be trouble some. Thats why I'm thinking of replacing someone with one of the Rotoms but I don't know who.

Plz help.

Oh, I was probably drunk lol. I saw Sludge Bomb and I got confused lol.

I personally prefer Rotom-H. Unfortunately I didn't get to test it much so I can't recommend an EV spread. It should go over Swampert. Everything else is just too important.

There is also a huge Mix-Ape weakness. Tentacruel is a solid counter but everything else gets destroyed by it.

I'll recommend Vaporeon over Celebi to handle Infernape and Gyarados better. You can use Bliss as your Cleric and Vappy for Wish support.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Nature: Bold
Ability: Water Absorb
Evs: 252 HP/ 252 Def / 4 SpDef
- Surf
- Hidden Power Electric
- Protect / Ice Beam / Yawn /Roar
- Wish

I would put Froslass over Skarmory (lol) to be honest. Between Hippowdon, Swampert and Celebi, you already got the physical side covered pretty well, save for Choice Band Heracross (who beats Skarmory anyways!)

Froslass can set up Spikes and block Rapid Spin simultaneously. It should do pretty good IMHO.

I don't really like Froslass because I find its not bulky enough. This is what I'm thinking:
  • Replace Swampert for Wish Vaporeon which also works as a phazer.
  • Replace Celebi for Rotom-S. Rotom-S helps out Tentacruel to take out MixApe and can also take down Gyarados.
But then again I really want a leech seeder.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
A few things come to mind when I look at this team. Those things being, a lack of an Anti-Spinner, and I can see Scizor and Lucario and Heracross giving this team (to an extent) some trouble. I would probably try running a Rotom-o over Celebi or Swampert. He can be used both as a Lucario/Scizor/Heracross counter and it will provide you with a pretty reliable Anti-Spinner. You could give Blissey Aromatherapy, and then you still retain your Cleric, but the only thing you really lose is Leech seed which shouldn't be to bad of a problem.

This is basically your average (Obi's) stall team, so I can't really give you that much advice.

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
No shed shell on skarmory on a stall team kind of worries me, you also dont have a rapid spinner blocker such as rotom which is kind of a big deal. I think you should fix these two things and it looks like it can work..although I dont like stall teams myself and dont know how they work.

Replaced Swampert and Celebi for Rotom-C and Vaporeon.

Now I have a spin blocker yay.
Rotom-C, well I just love this thing. It can OHKO so many things that don't expect it with its 2 stab moves and choice specs.

Vaporeon now becomes the wish passer and Blissey is now the Cleric.

On Shoddy I am actually using Black Sludge and Shed Shell on Tentacruel and Skarmory respectively but for the sake of the team's name they are holding leftovers...FTW...except for Rotom-C who is holding Specs but WHO CARES! IT OWNS!

if the only reason reason why tentacruel has sludge bomb is to hit bulky waters, I'd give it Hidden Power Electric instead. and if you're worried about not hitting Swampert with it, Surf hits harder than Sludge Bomb would have. and you wouldn't need that potential poison factor since you plan to set up Toxic Spikes.

if you plan to make Rotom your spin blocker, I'd make it a bulky supporter instead of a sweeper. give it a set like Relfect/Will-o-Wisp, Light Screen, Thunder Wave, filler @ Light Clay/Leftovers.

panamaxis

how many seconds in eternity?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
agreeing with jigokujin in making rotom a bulkier version. Try the rest-talk version for durability and a status absorber.

HP Electric only does 5 more damage than Sludge Bomb on Bulky Waters. On the other hand, Sludge Bomb can also allow me to hit Grass types.

I really like Choice Rotom-C because it allows me to get stuff that can't be stalled, such as Bronzong. It also has Trick that screws up a lot of stuff. Maybe I should replace it with Rotom-H to hit Bronzong better.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)