SPOILERS! Legends: Arceus Playthrough Discussion

I had like 2 stars going into Kleavor. I'm abotu to head to Area 4 and only have 4 stars.
you really don't need to get bogged down filling these things out. You don't even need to do that for getting the Rank 10 dex entry stuff.

Also Size is something you can, at least partially, gauge on the overworld. Bigger pokemon are, in fact, a little bigger than their companions, though it is somewhat in tiers and more noticable when multiple are together.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
Yeah you only need to complete pokemon research up to the point where you get the pokeball stamp. Anything after is (mostly) pointless

I just got my Peat Block first thing after turning the game on this morning, thankfully. Love Ursaluna, absolute beast of a Pokemon. Headlong Rush is OP as shit, and Double Edge with 130 base HP is fun too.

Bull Of Heaven

99 Pounders / 4'3" Feet
is a Pre-Contributor
Beat Volo, you say? No problem, let me just buy a few healing items and, uh, scrap my entire team.

Team up to Volo: Typhlosion, Ursaluna, Wyrdeer, Overqwil, Sneasler, Zoroark

Team that beat Volo: Palkia-O, Dialga-O, Heatran, Cresselia, Darkrai, Shaymin-S

Bluwing

icequeen
is a Tutor Alumnus
man is this game a lot of fun, also on a sidenote, hisuian lilligant is probably the best pokemon in this game by a landslide, victory dance is batshit broken as it buffs all defenses and your attack while on top of that giving a 50% boost to your move/attack. It’s incredibly helpful in catching alphas as you can buff and heal with drain punch/recover and use sleep powder, which I have noticed is huge for catching these strong pokemon.

anyway i’m rank 8 right now, and it takes forever to rank up in this game, it’s an insane grind and I can see a lot of people not getting 10 stars. I also love the actual boss fights they put in this game! last but not least, palkia is an ugly mf.

man is this game a lot of fun, also on a sidenote, hisuian lilligant is probably the best pokemon in this game by a landslide, victory dance is batshit broken as it buffs all defenses and your attack while on top of that giving a 50% boost to your move/attack. It’s incredibly helpful in catching alphas as you can buff and heal with drain punch/recover and use sleep powder, which I have noticed is huge for catching these strong pokemon.

anyway i’m rank 8 right now, and it takes forever to rank up in this game, it’s an insane grind and I can see a lot of people not getting 10 stars. I also love the actual boss fights they put in this game! last but not least, palkia is an ugly mf.
I'm assuming Rank 10 is more of a "prestige" thing and will involve 100% filling out every single task for every pokemon, while rank ~7-8 are probably the more "reasonable" end point for people just dutifully catching and doing extra tasks by the end of the game (or post game, i suppose)

KaenSoul

Shared:Power Little Knight
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staff
Community Leader
One of my favourite things about this game is something i havent seen discussed anywhere
Is how you help the city grow, similar to Digimon World, as you progress and complete sidequest you find a big numbers of mons that are going to stay in the city, sometimes you catch them, sometimes an npc does, sometimes it just arrive by its own.
It shows how slowly the people are learning to live with Pokémon, and how they arent just scary monsters, like how someone ask you to get rid of a Mr Mime but it turns out it has been helping the guards with his barries to keep actually dangerous mons out of the city.
And how you get to choose who helps the farm, i put an Infernape there, what could go wrong? I may get a Snorlax to help them carry food next time.

Last edited:
I've found a few distortions now (very...harrowing) and I'm picking up a bunch of shards and no clue what they do or used for. I don't think they're just vendor fodder, are they?

I've found a few distortions now (very...harrowing) and I'm picking up a bunch of shards and no clue what they do or used for. I don't think they're just vendor fodder, are they?
You can buy a recipe from the shop that lets you craft Star Pieces with 3 shards of each color and a Stardust.

Reactions: R_N
I find this game to be amazing. It is so refreshing to play something different that is still Pokemon. It reminds me of how I loved Sun Moon because it replaced the usual gym challenge with something different.

The game isn't perfect by all means, but gives me hope for the future of the series. I hope GF follow this tread of giving us something different in gen 9 rather than gimmicks that break battle mechanics.

Ughhh I had grinded up 1000 merit since i thought i could buy the kleavor or ursaluna items but no, it's just the old evolution items in here. How frustrating. now I know why everyone's dealing with the dumb bear.

stop having these dumb item finder gimmicks, threading the needle in a 3d space sucks

Had some solid luck in the mirelands space tiem distortion. Got Porygon Z, Porygon & Porygon2 all in a row. Also got the fossils on the way to Lord 4 and Sneasel (normal) while wondering around earlier. I think the only distortion-exclusive mons I'm missing now are the starters.

Feel bad for anyone going for 100% though. Chasing anything in these distortions is such an exhausting experience.

Porygon's existence in this game has some interesting lore implications. Porygon was first created 20 years before Sun and Moon, so we can infer that Legends takes place around that time period! What do you mean that's not how the timeline works?

Anyway, I have a story about a catching experience I had:
I was exploring the Crimson Mirelands in search of Goomy, because I knew it had a Hisuian form, and stumbled across Lake Valor. I was exploring to see if there was anything interesting when I found a Shiny Whiscash, only the second Shiny I have ever found (the first was a Spearow in Ultra Sun). It was level 54 while my highest leveled team member was lv 31, but somehow (using Baby-Doll Eyes and Stantler's Psyshield Bash) I caught it.

Continuing my search for Goomy, I soon found some along with an Alpha Sliggoo. I tend to avoid alphas, but this one was a high enough level to evolve into Goodra immediately, and I just caught a higher leveled Pokémon with a type advantage against it, so I decided to try to catch it.

My first strategy was to have Togepi use Baby-Doll Eyes to weaken Sliggoo's offenses to give Whiscash more staying power, then have Whiscash use Earth Power to weaken Sliggoo enough for me to catch it. This was luck based, since it depended on Sliggoo using Shelter instead of KOing Togepi immediately, and Whiscash needed to not slack off (and, of course, Sliggoo needed to not sweep my team). Even when Sliggoo's HP was low, none of my Great Balls caught it. I later added Paras to my team because it had Stun Spore, but it was tricky for Sliggoo to stay paralyzed long enough for Whiscash to weaken it, not to mention that Stun Spore has unreliable accuracy.

I took a break to catch a Parasect to use as another Stun Spore user and found a space-time distortion, where I caught an Umbreon and Porygon. I didn't plan for it but they turned out to be very useful: the former also had Baby-Doll Eyes and could take a hit from Sliggoo, and the later had Thunder Wave for a more reliable paralysis. This strategy was better but still relied on Whiscash not loafing around, and I could KO Sliggoo by accident. But once Sliggoo was paralyzed and had red HP, my next Great Ball caught it. I don't plan on using it to annihilate the rest of the game, but I wasn't expecting to have a fully evolved pseudo-legendary before the third Noble.
As another thing, something I never knew I wanted is how you now evolve Pokémon manually, instead of them trying to evolve after every level up. Now Sliggoo doesn't need to level up in the rain, it just has to be level 50+ and in a raining area to evolve. I wonder though, are trade evolutions still a thing? I tested that the Magmarizer acts as a normal evolution item now, so Magmar doesn't need to be traded with it to evolve into Magmortar.

Porygon's existence in this game has some interesting lore implications. Porygon was first created 20 years before Sun and Moon, so we can infer that Legends takes place around that time period! What do you mean that's not how the timeline works?

Anyway, I have a story about a catching experience I had:
I was exploring the Crimson Mirelands in search of Goomy, because I knew it had a Hisuian form, and stumbled across Lake Valor. I was exploring to see if there was anything interesting when I found a Shiny Whiscash, only the second Shiny I have ever found (the first was a Spearow in Ultra Sun). It was level 54 while my highest leveled team member was lv 31, but somehow (using Baby-Doll Eyes and Stantler's Psyshield Bash) I caught it.

Continuing my search for Goomy, I soon found some along with an Alpha Sliggoo. I tend to avoid alphas, but this one was a high enough level to evolve into Goodra immediately, and I just caught a higher leveled Pokémon with a type advantage against it, so I decided to try to catch it.

My first strategy was to have Togepi use Baby-Doll Eyes to weaken Sliggoo's offenses to give Whiscash more staying power, then have Whiscash use Earth Power to weaken Sliggoo enough for me to catch it. This was luck based, since it depended on Sliggoo using Shelter instead of KOing Togepi immediately, and Whiscash needed to not slack off (and, of course, Sliggoo needed to not sweep my team). Even when Sliggoo's HP was low, none of my Great Balls caught it. I later added Paras to my team because it had Stun Spore, but it was tricky for Sliggoo to stay paralyzed long enough for Whiscash to weaken it, not to mention that Stun Spore has unreliable accuracy.

I took a break to catch a Parasect to use as another Stun Spore user and found a space-time distortion, where I caught an Umbreon and Porygon. I didn't plan for it but they turned out to be very useful: the former also had Baby-Doll Eyes and could take a hit from Sliggoo, and the later had Thunder Wave for a more reliable paralysis. This strategy was better but still relied on Whiscash not loafing around, and I could KO Sliggoo by accident. But once Sliggoo was paralyzed and had red HP, my next Great Ball caught it. I don't plan on using it to annihilate the rest of the game, but I wasn't expecting to have a fully evolved pseudo-legendary before the third Noble.
As another thing, something I never knew I wanted is how you now evolve Pokémon manually, instead of them trying to evolve after every level up. Now Sliggoo doesn't need to level up in the rain, it just has to be level 50+ and in a raining area to evolve. I wonder though, are trade evolutions still a thing? I tested that the Magmarizer acts as a normal evolution item now, so Magmar doesn't need to be traded with it to evolve into Magmortar.
Porygon in this game only exists through the time distortions. They're explicitly out of place and Laventon is just tearing his hear out going what ????? are these? ??? in the dex entries.

CTNC

Doesn't know how to attack
For the sake of people that didn't get this game on release, what would you guys say are some good beginner tips? Serebii's Dex is making me think that you shouldn't have a set team, especially if you're an absolute completionist. (BTW, I'll ignore the tip to not be an absolute completionist and only go for the Shiny Charm. That one is pretty obvious and I'm ignoring it even though it might be the best tip.)

Had some solid luck in the mirelands space tiem distortion. Got Porygon Z, Porygon & Porygon2 all in a row. Also got the fossils on the way to Lord 4 and Sneasel (normal) while wondering around earlier. I think the only distortion-exclusive mons I'm missing now are the starters.

Feel bad for anyone going for 100% though. Chasing anything in these distortions is such an exhausting experience.
You should feel worse about the people that haven't gotten the game yet because they preordered from the official website for the preorder bonus Arceus Plushy and having gotten it yet because of bad weather making it come late.

Even without distortions making things even more insane, from what I can tell from looking at Serebii's Dex, it looks like you'll need to catch and/or defeat a total of about 40 Pokemon. You're going to run into way more than 40 of each, so let's say 60 then multiply that by 240 (I'm including Legends to make up for that this still feels like a massive underestimate.) and you get 14400. Absolute completionists are going to find more than a few Shiny Pokemon, even if you avoid the way too common Shinies from Mass Outbreaks.

I dread doing this, but Woo! Shiny Pokemon! I hope I find a Shiny Zorua. :D

For later playthroughs, I'm using a second profile for a second save so I never have to delete the True 100% to start over. I think I'd still go for unlocking the Shiny Charm though.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)