Legend's Trudge

My Trick Room team, which serves the singular purpose of sticking around for a long time with great durability, while also possessing some frightening power. I'd love for you to tell me what you think!

Team Building Process:

First, I needed a bulky Pokemon to set-up the Trick room. After considering my options, with regards to my personal preferences, stats, move pool, etc. I settled for Dusclops@Eviolite due to his insane, Shuckle like, defences. Will-O-Wisp will make him a ridiculous pest.

Secondly, I obviously needed a strong physical sweeper who could capitalize on Trick Room in devastating ways. Conkeldurr was a pretty obvious choice, only challenged by Marowak. Marowak however, wouldn’t be able to function outside of trick room.

Third up was a Special Sweeper and potential Back-up trick roomer, Chandelure. Another obvious choice due to its fairly slow speed stat and high Special Attack stat.

Next I wanted a revenge killer, lead and scout. With its fairly low speed stat and great utility and typing, Scizor was a necessary inclusion.

The ghosts are going to lure in psychic attacks like a group of wicca practitioners would ghosts, which isn’t good. Metagross’ high defences and high attack stat, completed by its relatively slow speed, would allow it to move “swiftly” und trick room and resist the many dragons that plague the tier alongside psychic users.

It took me some time before I could settle on a final pick. This final pick serves as a third trick-roomer, water type to back up Chandelure, psychic attacks and a special wall. I am talking, of course, about Slowking. Not as adored as its brother, but a neat fit for my team.

Details

Polyphemus
Dusclops (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EV’s: 252 HP, 252 Def, 4 Sp. Def.
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
- Helping Hand
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Night Shade / Pain Split
Polyphemus, props to you if you get the reference, is my main Trick roomer. Its great defences are further boosted through its Eviolite, which allows it to wall almost everything. Helping Hand serves to support my main sweepers, Conkeldurr and Chandelure. Will-O-Wisp is a pesky move that allows Dusclops to threaten opponents even with its abysmal attack stats. Night Shade is simply there to allow Dusclops to deal damage and not be locked out by Taunt. Might replace Night Shade with Pain Split, but the lack of immediate attack options means Night Shade is currently edging out Pain Split. However, Pain Split would give Dusclops a means of recovery, which he might well need.

LuBu
Conkeldurr (M) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Guts
EV’s: 120 HP, 252 Atk, 134 Def.
Nature: Brave (+Atk, -Spe)
- Hammer Arm
- Facade
- Ice Punch
- Payback
Hammer Arm works wonders under the effects of Trick Room, essentially providing Conkeldurr with a speed “boost” with every hit, beyond that it also hits like a wrecking ball. The Hammer hits hard, but not as hard as Façade, which is boosted to 140 due to Conkeldurr’s Toxic Orb which is further strengthened by Guts. Ice Punch deals with pesky flying and dragon types. Payback allows Conkeldurr to remain a threat even when Trick Room wears off.

Chernobog
Chandelure (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire (Shadow Tag, Y U NO AVAILABLE DX)
EV’s: 232 HP, 253 SP. Atk, 24 SP. Def.
Nature: Modest (+ Sp. Atk, - Atk)
- Energy Ball
- Fire Blast
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball

Trick Room allows me to keep the Trick Room going even without Dusclops, Energy Ball provides some general coverage and a Helping Handed, STABBED Fire Blast will wreck teams like there’s no tomorrow. Shadow Ball provides further coverage. Life Orb simply serves to boost him further.

Musashi
Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EV’s: 252 HP, 40 Atk, 216 Sp. Def.
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
- U-turn
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
My revenge killer, without the need to stress speed I’ve opted for a bulkier Scizor to increase his durability. With Choice Band Scizor can scout using U-turn without locking himself into a single move, Bullet Punch to deal some quick strikes and Pursuit to tear down those who fear the mighty bug. Roost further increases Scizor’s survivability.

Ganryu
Metagross (M) @ Occa Berry
Ability: Clear Body
EV’s: 252 HP, 252 Atk, 4 Sp. Def.
- Meteor Mash
- Ice Punch
- Protect
- Earthquake
Fast and furious, when in Trick Room Metagross is swift as a cheetah and strong as a rampaging buffalo. The Occa Berry will allow him to take at least one Flamethrower move, making the already defensively apt Metagross all the harder to take down. Add Protect to the mix to make him even harder to take down and you know you’ve got a real beast on your hands, Meteor Mash, Ice Punch and Earthquake provide great coverage as well.

Gilgamesh
Slowking (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EV’s: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 Sp. Def.
Nature: Quiet
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Blizzard
- Grass Knot

Another Trick Room user, made more potent with some great type coverage and fairly high special defence. Scald is always a good move on water types, warranting its spot with the added burn effect. Blizzard sweeps and swoops and Grass Knot provides some neat ground and rock coverage. Leftovers allow for steady recovery on the already tough Slowking.

Please leave comments and tell me what you think, I'll consider any and all reccomendations, tips, etc. Many thanks in advance, guys.

I think Cress would work wonders on your team over Slowking. It could be a Swagger variant to power up your Conk and Meta by a lot with a spread of 252 HP / 52 Def / 28 SpAtk / 176 Spdef. It 2hkoes the genies and top, terrakion and virizon with Psyshock / Ice Beam. She also lives ttar's crunch and volc's +1 bug buzz. Change Conk's spread to 252 HP / 4 Atk / 244 SpDef. It allows him to have Cress' Psyshock be a 3HKO. also consider a spread of 252 HP / 116 Atk / 4 Def / 136 SpDef for Meta. It lets him OHkO rotom with a +2 zen headbutt and also lets him survive rotom-w's water gem hydro pump. I would definitely take roost off scizor if you're using a choice band, although I would recommend taking off the choice band and giving it a steel gem with swords dance, protect, bullet punch and bug bite with technician and a spread of 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spdef. On Chandy, do the 24 SpDef EVs help survive anything? If not, make it 252 HP / 252 SpAtk / 4 whatever. I would also consider adding Swagger to Dusclops (over HH?) burning your own Conk and Chandelure to get boosts sounds really cool! Just make sure the Pokemon using Swagger / WoW (cress & dusclops) go before Conk and Meta!!

gl hf and hope this helps!
~Tommy

You need to include an Importable for your team.

For Dusclops, I would consider put some of the Def evs into S.Def. Will-o-wisp deals with physical threats and VGC is a overrun with big Special hitters (Latios, Rotom, Thundurus etc).

On Conkeldurr use Drain Punch over hammer arm. The life gain add to it's survivability and nothing is going to outspeed it in trick room. Switch Facade to mach punch for a priority move. I would also suggest Iron Fist over Guts. If you factor in Weather chip, Toxic damage, Protect Stall and the odd attack, Conk will be lucky to last over 4 turns. With it being able to having Guts as an ability, people are normally too scared of the attack boost to attempt a status infliction. You can then run Muscle Band for even more damage or Lum berry if it does end up getting burnt.

On Chandelure change Energy ball to Protect. Chandelure has a weird speed stat where it can be outspeed by counters in and out of Trick Room. Instead use Protect to get intel and use Slowbro to combat Water Types.

On Scizor change Roost to Acrobatics or Superpower. It's banded so unless you hoping on something tricking it stick to attacking moves only.

On Slowbro change it's ability to Own Tempo. Switch don't happen enough for Regenerator to have effective use. Own Tempo helps counter Swagger users. Also switch it's item to Sitrus Berry. You'll get more effective HP recovery and turns 2HKO into 3HKO.

tldr
Polyphemus
Dusclops (M) @ Eviolite
Ability: Pressure
EV’s: 252 HP, Some S.Def evs, less Def evs
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)
- Helping Hand
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick Room
- Night Shade / Pain Split

LuBu
Conkeldurr (M) @ Muscle Band
Ability: Iron Fist
EV’s: 120 HP, 252 Atk, 134 Def.
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch
- Ice Punch
- Payback

Chernobog
Chandelure (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire (Shadow Tag, Y U NO AVAILABLE DX)
EV’s: 232 HP, 253 SP. Atk, 24 SP. Def.
Nature: Modest (+ Sp. Atk, - Atk)
- Protect
- Fire Blast
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Sp. Atk)
- U-turn
- Acrobatics / Superpower
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit

Gilgamesh
Slowking (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Own Tempo
EV’s: 252 HP, 252 Sp. Atk, 4 Sp. Def.
Nature: Quiet
- Trick Room
- Scald
- Blizzard
- Grass Knot

Your scizor runs an ou set, also why roost and choice band? This is a bad thing. I would recommend that your run this set:
Musashi
Scizor (M) @ Occa berry
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -Spe)
- bug bite
- super power/brick break
- Bullet Punch
- protect

this will allow you more freedom than the prior set, you don't have to switch every time you want to change moves which can be tiresome as well as risky. Other than that a nice team.

Hope I helped and good luck.

Chenkovsky.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)