Done Let users see who made a poll or hangman

Basically title.
It's always annoying to see a flood of spam hls from a reg asking who made a poll or who to turn to with a question about one, and there's really no big reason for regs to not be allowed to know which staff member started a poll, is there?
And if there is, the implementation of /poll anoncreate or something could still hide who made it.
In general this is a minor thing and really not that important, but it certainly would, I think, improve small chat interactions when it comes to polls. The same applies to hangmans, though less importantly seeing as those are gone pretty quickly.

If there's a particular reason this info isn't revealed publicly, I apologize.

Jerry the great

Banned deucer.
I do not see how in any way, shape or form that's going to outright benefit PS.

First of all, a big way staff are chosen is by showing huge responsibility now, isn't it? Which means that anyone who made a poll or hangman has the responsibility to properly use those. Seriously though, staff never spam polls or hangman, because they have shown themselves worthy of managing stuff such as that.

Also if users constantly ask "Hey, who made this poll?" That'd be spam, and they would get their appropriate punishment.

Although I am not an admin or global leader of PS, I don't see how it could benefit PS. And not only that, but staff could literally just say "Hi, I, *insert staff username here* made this poll" or something similar.

I do not see how in any way, shape or form that's going to outright benefit PS.

First of all, a big way staff are chosen is by showing huge responsibility now, isn't it? Which means that anyone who made a poll or hangman has the responsibility to properly use those. Seriously though, staff never spam polls or hangman, because they have shown themselves worthy of managing stuff such as that.

Also if users constantly ask "Hey, who made this poll?" That'd be spam, and they would get their appropriate punishment.

Although I am not an admin or global leader of PS, I don't see how it could benefit PS. And not only that, but staff could literally just say "Hi, I, *insert staff username here* made this poll" or something similar.
I mean, I can see your point but the opposite applies too, how would it negatively affect showdown?
I disagree that this has anything to do with who is staff and who makes polls, though. I really don't see what your point is there, seeing as the responsibilities and maturity of staff has no bearing whatsoever on what I proposed.
It's not about 1 user asking it 7 times, it's about 25 users asking it at the same time by accident. That's not spam.
In general the main use is that people can see who made it and ask questions easily instead of needing to ask who made it for potentially 4 afk but not whited staff to not see the question to begin with. Like I said, it's not the biggest necessity out there, but I've never made a poll without at least a couple people asking who made it right away, hence the suggestion.

I mean, I can see your point but the opposite applies too, how would it negatively affect showdown?
I disagree that this has anything to do with who is staff and who makes polls, though. I really don't see what your point is there, seeing as the responsibilities and maturity of staff has no bearing whatsoever on what I proposed.
It's not about 1 user asking it 7 times, it's about 25 users asking it at the same time by accident. That's not spam.
In general the main use is that people can see who made it and ask questions easily instead of needing to ask who made it for potentially 4 afk but not whited staff to not see the question to begin with. Like I said, it's not the biggest necessity out there, but I've never made a poll without at least a couple people asking who made it right away, hence the suggestion.

if this doesnt end up happening you could always just put the name of who made the poll in the poll. but personally i agree this wouldnt really hurt anything that i can see

As much as it does not make a big impact on the simulator, I think it would be a great update for the staffs in general, because they also contribute in their particular rooms with the simulator community, leaving it balanced and as comfortable as possible for everyone, and really seen that can really be a problem and can be easy to solve. What would be the problem to update something simple?

Asheviere

Banned deucer.
What does this have to do with balance or comfort I'm not quite following.

Staff can already see who made polls by viewing the modlog, and for regular users it shouldn't matter, since all staff members have control over polls. I don't have an issue changing something small and not very impactful, but if it seems pointless and even like a small detriment to me, I don't see why we need to push to change this.

Asheviere

Banned deucer.
What was brought up on github was to have a one time notification to the entire room who made the poll when it gets made. Otherwise you can just put it in the poll itself (like people do with suggestors of polls). Clutter and the amount of space polls take up is already a pretty big issue, so a feature needs to be really useful to warrant even more space being used.

What was brought up on github was to have a one time notification to the entire room who made the poll when it gets made. Otherwise you can just put it in the poll itself (like people do with suggestors of polls). Clutter and the amount of space polls take up is already a pretty big issue, so a feature needs to be really useful to warrant even more space being used.
It might have been unclear, but that was all that I was suggesting, a one time notification when a poll is made just like staff see (xxx made a poll)

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
In hindsight, it makes a lot of sense, that the flood of spam would be at the time the poll was created. At other times, people might ask, but it wouldn't be a flood.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)