Let's recolore shinies !

There is shinies which we like… and other not. Who never has been disappointed seeing the shiny form of a Pokemon, imaginating a better form...
Which shiny Pokémons would you like to change ? What would they look like?

Personally, they are many shinies that I would like to change, and I made small retouches on some on them. I invite you to do likewise !

Let's begin with Zubat Family…

I really dislike Zubat family in their shiny form. For Zubat and Golbat, green is my favorite colour but this green isn't very nice and it doesn't look good on bat pokemons. For Crobat, it's even worse. It is light pink. Light Pink ? Seriously ? It totally lose its credibility with this color… In order to arrange this, I decided to relooking them. I pick my inspiration in the logo of Batman for colors, They are better like this, no ?

Next, we will continue with Murkrow line…

It's the same story that Zubat line. With the original purple colour… That does not go to them at all... They are crows, dark birds so why do them in purple ??? So, I decided to make the body in dark grey and make the beak in slightly lively yellow. I added some blue replacing red parts because I really love the constrast with grey.

Ok, so, it's the turn of Growlithe family:

I Don't dislike the Growlithe line n shiny form but I think developers would have could do better. I just replace yellow by blue-indigo and the red of ears by light yellow It may Don't please to everybody but I prefer them like this.

And finally, last but not least…

Ok, Kingler is definitively my least favourite shiny . At the beginning, I imaginated it replacing the dark green by yellow. But it was not finished for me. So, I decided to continue changing his body, by inspiring me of Petrolisthes elongatus and here is te result.

Now, it's your turn to change shiny Pokémons, purposing your versions !

I rather liked the Zubat family color scheme... It is much like Hydreigon's. However, I would apply it somewhere else. Unfortunately, it's 4 unique flavors short of the typical palette of colors in a sprite.
shinyalt_00.png
shinyalt_01.png
shinyalt_02.png
shinyalt_03.png
shinyalt_04.png
shinyalt_05.png
shinyalt_06.png
shinyalt_07.png
shinyalt_08.png
shinyalt_11.png
shinyalt_10.png
shinyalt_09.png

Should we make this competitive and have a voting system on peoples' sprites?

I've done some others new shiny Pokémon !

I Don't like the original green on this family. For Misdreavus I colored the body with these tints of blue, with a view to evoquing will-o'-the-wisp, and I've colored eyes and pearls in light grey, for evoquing dead people's eyes. For Misdreavus, I did the same thing with eyes and I focused on its "witch" side, coloring it in black and dark grey. I chose to color the pearls in purple for evoquing its Ghost type.

I've not many things to say... I know blue color isn't very original for a fish, but I really like this contrast with the two blues.

Ok, this time, I chose to based me on woolly mammoths, coloring its body and its in grey, its "hair tuft" in light grey, and its défenses in ivory. Its eye outline is lighter for evoquing its Ice type. The yellow nose is a personal choice, because I pay attention to the details.

Concerning the idea of a competition, it's a good idea, but I think I will made an another topic for it. This is just a place of new shiny Pokémon sprites exposition.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)