Level-up move only tournament?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bologo

Have fun with birds and bees.
is a Contributor Alumnus
I think that a tournament where you only use moves that the pokemon you're using learns by LEVEL would be quite interesting. Mew would be completely useless in this kind of tournament, and so would things like smeargle.

Eg. MEW

Moves learned by Level
Mega Punch
Metronome
Pound
Psychic
Transform
Ancientpower
Mew would only be able to use these moves in the tourney if it were allowed. Tell me what you think. I'm not sure if there's been a tournament like this before though. If someone decides to host it then I am sooo in though.

ΩDonut

don't glaze me bro
is a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There was a tournament like this done a loooong time ago way back in the days of GSC when things started to cool down and people were trying out new stuff to make things interesting again.

It was pretty fun, if I recall. I'd definitely be down for that again.

I'd play. Only thing is that I think Smeargle shoulld still have his enormous movepool. It's not like he gets them by tutor or something...

It's a tournament proposal though, that's enough to place it in tournaments. No biggie, I'll move it. People who like tournaments check there first.

I would definitely be in. Unexplored "metagames" are fun as hell.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
more like every pokemon is completely predictable x(

Stuff like rhydon and heracross will absolutely rape.

I would play anyways cause I also join every tournament

JMC

Old as dirt.
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
i was thinking about running this about a month ago with a gsc format.

If someone else wants to take the responsibility, by all means go ahead.

Vineon

Fleurdelysé
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I won a tournament like that made for rby, way freaking back then... on gamefaqs.

I'd probably play if this isnt rs, I still have the general idea of what I used back then and it swept the whole thing!

Bologo

is a Contributor Alumnus
Ha, good I'm glad everyone thinks it's a good idea. I'll probably build a team with this format just to practice it. Just remember, everything that has the so-called "Earthquake weak" is going to lose it mostly, because pretty much EVERYTHING that learns earthquake is by TM. =D

To above, the I think that only way that those would apply if it was the baby moves that he was referring. Otherwise, yeah.

Speaking of which, though, for the few things that get Baby forms, would those count as level-up moves even though you have to breed for all the forms (or almost all of them). It seems likely a slightly different argument than, say, event Pokemon.

Oh, and this does sound interesting, especially since nothing but Smeargle and Unown get Hidden Power via level-up IIRC.

Ya I'd definitely join. I was recently thinking of making a tournament around the same kind of idea: 2 movepool tourney. NO CB. But yeah level up tourney sounds fun. But some things on NB have the wrong priorities. Such as Substitute being one of Togetics egg moves, when I'm sure it could learn it by tutor affecting its movepool. And same as Shedinja's Swords Dance. I'm not too sure if anything is like that with level up moves. Because some may class some as say TMs although they are level up moves. Hopefully that made sense.

Doesn't sheddy gets sword dance be evolving nincada when it learns swords dance?

Maybe we can say level up following the netbattle program. However... smeargle is a huge liability.

Bologo

is a Contributor Alumnus
Well, I'll leave this to someone a bit more experienced to host if everyone wants it, because I have noooo idea how to host a tourney, so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)