Metagame LGPE OverUsed

Dragon Tail...
Mew ofc is better and so are Rhydon and Dragonite but you might want to use Mew for something else and the others have 4* weaknesses

Weak to rocks ofc which hard punishes U-Turn and Drill can't really roost oof residual with its bulk

no 110% OP Status and lost points in SpD makes it alright at best, plus bug/fire/dark/poison moves are actually a (small) thing

The only thing good about them over others of the same type is taunt, Electrabuzz notably outspeeds Mew but both are fairly weak.

wtf pinsir-m is usable if not decent
maybe its me in candy mode again but its a beter SDer than Dodrio b/c bulk and power - nothing outspeeds Pinsir but not Dodrio
Without abilities, Mega Pinsir is basically just a strong bug-type. It has no redeeming qualities and takes up a mega spot so it's not worth using.

tennisace

not quite too old for this, apparently
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Without abilities, Mega Pinsir is basically just a strong bug-type. It has no redeeming qualities and takes up a mega spot so it's not worth using.
If (and big if) you can eliminate opposing faster mons like Zam / Aero / Pikachu, i can see it having a small niche as one of the few Pokemon that can outspeed Mew & hit it SE with STAB (others being Scyther, Mega Beedrill, and Gengar). It's also one of the few Pokemon with Swords Dance which does boost its attack pretty dang high. No Aerialate and no hazard removal hurts, but SD / XScis / EQ / Rock Slide is great all-around coverage in a metagame sorely lacking in it.

I feel like Poliwrath is rated a little low right now. It's a tanky Rock-Slide resist that is only 4HKO'd (when Impish) by Jolly Mega Aero's Earthquake (and presumably most all Mega Aeros are going to be Jolly to avoid losing to other Mega Aeros) and threatens a super-effective STAB hit regardless whether Mega Aero Roosts or not and Double Iron Bash resist that can give Melmetal a pounding. Water/Fighting scares out quite a bit, and I've found Hypnosis to be a pretty useful tool in capitalizing on that. It has its issues, like the fact Mew comes in on it pretty easily when it can't threaten Hypnosis, but it's a decent tank and I think it's better than its current spot at the bottom of the VR with iffy stuff like Arcanine and Articuno.

Poliwrath
Level: 50
Impish / Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Superpower / Brick Break
- Hypnosis
- Filler (Ice Punch, Earthquake, Bulk Up, Rest, Scald)

I saw Rest on Yoshizilla's Poliwrath team, and in my matches I can't think of a time where I ever had an opening that I could've pulled off Rest with it. I think it's better off trying to maximize offensive pressure with threatening sleep and having the coverage it needs to be a danger to most everything.

Jrsmash9

jrsmash that timer
Here is a few suggestions for the viability rankings:

Poliwrath C- to B-
Poliwrath is the best fighting type thanks to its ability to check key metagame threats like melmetal, gyarados, and aero. It also has waterfall/scald to hit psychics for decent damage.

Mega-Gyarados B- to A+
Mega gyarados is a top 3 mega for sure, and I believe its the best mega. It has very little switchins limited to poliwrath and melmetal but both take about 30%-40% from earthquake. Gyarados also has utility moves in taunt/thunderwave/dragontail, however the best set is waterfall/crunch/eq/sub. In the current state of the meta everyone leads with a rocker which is usually aero/rhydon/nidoqueen and gyarados will beat most rockers besides like clef. Being up one mon from the opponent suiciding their rocker is a really good position, and people really need to stop doing this...

Melmetal A+ to S
Melmetal is required on competitive team just like eevee and mew. These are the big 3 and practically every team needs them. Melmetal has no switchins with its coverage in icepunch, thunderpunch, doubleironbash, and earthquake. It checks many key threat like dodrio, venomoth, alakazam, muk, gyarados, aero, etc. You are putting yourself at a disadvantage for not running melmetal.

Nidoqueen A- to A+
Nidoqueen is the best rocker utility wise. Nidoqueen is the best check to zapdos which lets it sets up rocks easily on a predicted tbolt/twave/toxic. With earthquake and superfang you can take half a chunk from any mon and not even ghosts can stop you as they are weak to ground. Nidoqueen also lives a waterfall from mega gyarados which his pretty huge, and it still outspeeds eevee.

Rhydon A+ to A-
I have not found rhydon to be that good of a rocker. Its typing is great offensively with slidequake however it also makes it really weak vs grass and water types. Rhydons speed is also really bad, it can be taunted by anything which prevents it from doing its job. This allows rhydon to easily be taken advantage of. Unlike nidoqueen rhydon is not immune to toxic which makes it worse against zapdos

Hitmonlee B- to C+
Offensive fighting types suck, and with mew being on every team it doesn't make it easy for them.

Machamp C+ to C-
Again offensive fighters are bad as they just get stomped by psychics.

Nice! Glad I finally found this thread! I’ve been playing the tier enthusistically lately! Going against the grain and running some double fighters in Machamp and Poliwrath! HOO HAH. I’ll post my teams some time =~). I’m really loving how in this meta, all the player are equally good, regardless of their rank on the ladder.

Eve

taking a break
is a Site Content Manageris a Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
Community Leader
Here is a few suggestions for the viability rankings:

Poliwrath C- to B-
Poliwrath is the best fighting type thanks to its ability to check key metagame threats like melmetal, gyarados, and aero. It also has waterfall/scald to hit psychics for decent damage.

Mega-Gyarados B- to A+
Mega gyarados is a top 3 mega for sure, and I believe its the best mega. It has very little switchins limited to poliwrath and melmetal but both take about 30%-40% from earthquake. Gyarados also has utility moves in taunt/thunderwave/dragontail, however the best set is waterfall/crunch/eq/sub. In the current state of the meta everyone leads with a rocker which is usually aero/rhydon/nidoqueen and gyarados will beat most rockers besides like clef. Being up one mon from the opponent suiciding their rocker is a really good position, and people really need to stop doing this...

Melmetal A+ to S
Melmetal is required on competitive team just like eevee and mew. These are the big 3 and practically every team needs them. Melmetal has no switchins with its coverage in icepunch, thunderpunch, doubleironbash, and earthquake. It checks many key threat like dodrio, venomoth, alakazam, muk, gyarados, aero, etc. You are putting yourself at a disadvantage for not running melmetal.

Nidoqueen A- to A+
Nidoqueen is the best rocker utility wise. Nidoqueen is the best check to zapdos which lets it sets up rocks easily on a predicted tbolt/twave/toxic. With earthquake and superfang you can take half a chunk from any mon and not even ghosts can stop you as they are weak to ground. Nidoqueen also lives a waterfall from mega gyarados which his pretty huge, and it still outspeeds eevee.

Rhydon A+ to A-
I have not found rhydon to be that good of a rocker. Its typing is great offensively with slidequake however it also makes it really weak vs grass and water types. Rhydons speed is also really bad, it can be taunted by anything which prevents it from doing its job. This allows rhydon to easily be taken advantage of. Unlike nidoqueen rhydon is not immune to toxic which makes it worse against zapdos

Hitmonlee B- to C+
Offensive fighting types suck, and with mew being on every team it doesn't make it easy for them.

Machamp C+ to C-
Again offensive fighters are bad as they just get stomped by psychics.
Gyarados-Mega: Unsure, leaning towards agree. The damage this thing can output and take is ridiculous, the number of switches it can force is pretty high and it has utility to boot. Definitely a top mega, I think the point of discussion is the opportunity cost but in this meta you can always run another mega with it if u want.
Melmetal: Leaning towards agree. Without a doubt the 3rd most staple mon in the meta, having extremely important matchups and great power to boot. A team without really solid answers to Melmetal (there aren't many) will lose several mons trying to beat it.
Nidoqueen: Just unsure. I feel like if anything, Rhydon and Nidoqueen are on par with their usefulness due to Rhydon's higher phys bulk and power, and it would be more accurate for Rhydon to drop to the same ranking as it.
Rhydon: Same as above, agree. It's definitely great but the vulnerabilities it has hold it back from being the absolute best bulky rocker.
Fighters: Agree. Poliwrath is definitely the most useful Fighting type. It's also possibly the most reliable answer to both Shell Smashers, which is important enough by itself.

Here's a semi-stall team that I've been trying:

Aerodactyl @ Aerodactylite
Ability: Rock Head
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt

Your typical suicide lead. Stealth Rocks can win games, and Aerodactyl is only outsped by Electrode, tying with Jolteon. Mega Aerodactyl beats Electrode (140 base Speed for Electrode vs 150 for Mega Aerodactyl). That extra speed helps with Rock Slide hax, and you have the EdgeQuake combo as well. Taunt is for Mew and opposing Aerodactyl (assuming you win the speed tie).

All that being said, Aerodactyl's longevity is a bit of a sticking point. The thing can't really tank hits very well; its only real strength is in its speed. I rarely use Mega Aerodactyl, only really using it if I see that the opponent relies on special walls like Chansey.

Eevee-Starter
Ability: Run Away
Bold Nature
- Sparkly Swirl
- Sappy Seed
- Baddy Bad
- Glitzy Glow

I went for a support Eevee, and it's been working really well. Sparkly Swirl helps take care of Pokemon hit by Sleep Powder and can help get Melmetal back in the fight after it uses Rest. Sappy Seed gives Eevee some recovery and deters Pokemon from setting up on you. Eevee also provides Dual Screens thanks to Baddy Bad and Glitzy Glow; if you're facing a special attacker, use Glitzy Glow. Otherwise, use Baddy Bad. Glitzy Glow is somewhat unreliable due to Dark-types like Alolan Muk.

Zapdos
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Roost

Zapdos is my favorite Pokemon, so I always try to find an excuse to stick him anywhere I can. Here, Zapdos is used to stall as much as possible. I generally try to get the Substitute up, then rely heavily on poisoning as many Pokemon as I can. Roost provides reliable recovery, and Thunderbolt still hits really hard.

Zapdos gets walled by Nidoking/Nidoqueen, and requires Mew or Melmetal to take them out beforehand. If it comes down to Zapdos vs Nidoking/Queen, there is physically nothing Zapdos can do (no access to Hidden Power or Heat Wave).

Melmetal
Ability: Iron Fist
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Rest

Physical sweeper. Melmetal tends to be the MVP, able to tank Mega-Alakazam's Psychics while dealing out a crazy amount of damage. Ice Punch is there for Mega Venusaur, Zapdos, and Dragonite. Rest provides a good recovery option which can be easily removed by Eevee.

Mew
Ability: Synchronize
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Roost

Since I have Aerodactyl and Eevee providing support, Mew is used as a special sweeper. Dark Pulse was chosen over Flamethrower to take Mega Alakazam by surprise, as Alakazam threatens Venusaur, Aerodactyl, and Eevee. Downside of choosing Dark Pulse over Flamethrower is it makes Pokemon like Alolan Muk harder to deal with.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Overgrow
Calm Nature
- Mega Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb

Venusaur is the final utility Pokemon, working in conjunction with Eevee to neutralize or weaken threats. Use Sleep Powder to try and put Mega Alakazam to sleep while it attempts to set up so Mew can come in safely. Leech Seed provides recovery and deters Pokemon from setting up.

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt

Zappy Bird (Zapdos)
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Roost

Melmetal
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Rest

Mew
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Roost

Eevee-Starter
Bold Nature
- Sparkly Swirl
- Sappy Seed
- Baddy Bad
- Glitzy Glow

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Calm Nature
- Mega Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb

I've been looking at a few other options as well:

Mega Slowbro: Physical wall. Access to Teleport is interesting. Teleport, for those unaware, has changed mechanics in Let's Go: It now is a -6 priority move which swaps the user out with another Pokemon. I'm not 100% sure if the user has control over what Pokemon comes in, however.

Chansey: Special wall. Also has access to Teleport, but can't deal much damage. I've never been a fan of Chansey/Blissey, just because they mostly just sit there while the opponent sets up on you. Even so, Teleport is interesting to use as a pivot and see how the opponent reacts to Chansey coming out.

Dragonite: Another good option for a physical sweeper. No Dragon Dance or anything, but Dragonite has access to Outrage, the elemental punches, Earthquake, and Roost.

Mega Gyarados: Big, scary Pokemon. Forces a lot of switches. STAB Crunch deals with Alakazam, and Waterfall/Outrage are both powerful options.

Nidoking/Nidoqueen: Alternate Stealth Rock users. I'm not a fan of the weakness to ground-type moves, something shared by Melmetal.

So far, I've been 10-1 with this team on ladder. It remains to be seen how well it'll perform once the metagame settles, as I know the team can be improved a fair bit. As mentioned, I'm not a fan of Aerodactyl, but I can't find a decent Stealth Rock user. I think Rhydon is overrated at the moment, as it gets easily KOd by pretty much any Grass/Water move, and most Eevees have both. As mentioned before, Nidoking/Queen are both in consideration, but I'm not comfortable having them, Venusaur, and Melmetal all together. If I were to swap them out, I'd likely replace Venusaur as well.

Last edited:
So, what would a really good team be without Legendaries or your starter Pokémon?

Have we decided if Nidoking or Nidoqueen is better?

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
So, what would a really good team be without Legendaries or your starter Pokémon?

Have we decided if Nidoking or Nidoqueen is better?
It's kind a hard to say since Mew and Eevee-S are near mandatory on every viable team due to how much they bring to a teamslot. I am sure it is still possible to be successful without the two aforementioned mons, but you would be putting yourself in a detriment.

Nidoqueen is generally preffered due to the access to Super Fang and superior bulk.

It's kind a hard to say since Mew and Eevee-S are near mandatory on every viable team due to how much they bring to a teamslot. I am sure it is still possible to be successful without the two aforementioned mons, but you would be putting yourself in a detriment.

Nidoqueen is generally preffered due to the access to Super Fang and superior bulk.

Last edited:
Here's a semi-stall team that I've been trying:

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt

Your typical suicide lead. Stealth Rocks can win games, and Aerodactyl is only outsped by Electrode, tying with Jolteon. Mega Aerodactyl beats Electrode (140 base Speed for Electrode vs 150 for Mega Aerodactyl). That extra speed helps with Rock Slide hax, and you have the EdgeQuake combo as well. Taunt is for Mew and opposing Aerodactyl (assuming you win the speed tie).

All that being said, Aerodactyl's longevity is a bit of a sticking point. The thing can't really tank hits very well; its only real strength is in its speed. I rarely use Mega Aerodactyl, only really using it if I see that the opponent relies on special walls like Chansey.

Eevee-Starter
Bold Nature
- Sparkly Swirl
- Sappy Seed
- Baddy Bad
- Glitzy Glow

I went for a support Eevee, and it's been working really well. Sparkly Swirl helps take care of Pokemon hit by Sleep Powder and can help get Melmetal back in the fight after it uses Rest. Sappy Seed gives Eevee some recovery and deters Pokemon from setting up on you. Eevee also provides Dual Screens thanks to Baddy Bad and Glitzy Glow; if you're facing a special attacker, use Glitzy Glow. Otherwise, use Baddy Bad. Glitzy Glow is somewhat unreliable due to Dark-types like Alolan Muk.

Zapdos
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Roost

Zapdos is my favorite Pokemon, so I always try to find an excuse to stick him anywhere I can. Here, Zapdos is used to stall as much as possible. I generally try to get the Substitute up, then rely heavily on poisoning as many Pokemon as I can. Roost provides reliable recovery, and Thunderbolt still hits really hard.

Zapdos gets walled by Nidoking/Nidoqueen, and requires Mew or Melmetal to take them out beforehand. If it comes down to Zapdos vs Nidoking/Queen, there is physically nothing Zapdos can do (no access to Hidden Power or Heat Wave).

Melmetal
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Rest

Physical sweeper. Melmetal tends to be the MVP, able to tank Mega-Alakazam's Psychics while dealing out a crazy amount of damage. Ice Punch is there for Mega Venusaur, Zapdos, and Dragonite. Rest provides a good recovery option which can be easily removed by Eevee.

Mew
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Roost

Since I have Aerodactyl and Eevee providing support, Mew is used as a special sweeper. Dark Pulse was chosen over Flamethrower to take Mega Alakazam by surprise, as Alakazam threatens Venusaur, Aerodactyl, and Eevee. Downside of choosing Dark Pulse over Flamethrower is it makes Pokemon like Alolan Muk harder to deal with.

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Calm Nature
- Mega Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb

Venusaur is the final utility Pokemon, working in conjunction with Eevee to neutralize or weaken threats. Use Sleep Powder to try and put Mega Alakazam to sleep while it attempts to set up so Mew can come in safely. Leech Seed provides recovery and deters Pokemon from setting up.

Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Taunt

Zappy Bird (Zapdos)
Bold Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Substitute
- Toxic
- Roost

Melmetal
Adamant Nature
- Double Iron Bash
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Rest

Mew
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Psychic
- Dark Pulse
- Roost

Eevee-Starter
Bold Nature
- Sparkly Swirl
- Sappy Seed
- Baddy Bad
- Glitzy Glow

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Calm Nature
- Mega Drain
- Leech Seed
- Sleep Powder
- Sludge Bomb

I've been looking at a few other options as well:

Mega Slowbro: Physical wall. Access to Teleport is interesting. Teleport, for those unaware, has changed mechanics in Let's Go: It now is a -6 priority move which swaps the user out with another Pokemon. I'm not 100% sure if the user has control over what Pokemon comes in, however.

Chansey: Special wall. Also has access to Teleport, but can't deal much damage. I've never been a fan of Chansey/Blissey, just because they mostly just sit there while the opponent sets up on you. Even so, Teleport is interesting to use as a pivot and see how the opponent reacts to Chansey coming out.

Dragonite: Another good option for a physical sweeper. No Dragon Dance or anything, but Dragonite has access to Outrage, the elemental punches, Earthquake, and Roost.

Mega Gyarados: Big, scary Pokemon. Forces a lot of switches. STAB Crunch deals with Alakazam, and Waterfall/Outrage are both powerful options.

Nidoking/Nidoqueen: Alternate Stealth Rock users. I'm not a fan of the weakness to ground-type moves, something shared by Melmetal.

So far, I've been 10-1 with this team on ladder. It remains to be seen how well it'll perform once the metagame settles, as I know the team can be improved a fair bit. As mentioned, I'm not a fan of Aerodactyl, but I can't find a decent Stealth Rock user. I think Rhydon is overrated at the moment, as it gets easily KOd by pretty much any Grass/Water move, and most Eevees have both. As mentioned before, Nidoking/Queen are both in consideration, but I'm not comfortable having them, Venusaur, and Melmetal all together. If I were to swap them out, I'd likely replace Venusaur as well.
This is a fun and awesome stall team and I think I have some suggestions to solve some of your issues

Mega Aerodactyl -> Nidoqueen
Nidoqueen gives so much more than Mega Aerodactyl in terms of consistently checking Zapdos and Muk and setting rocks, that I think you should try it out

Mega Venusaur -> Mega Slowbro / Mega Gyarados
With Nidoqueen, the team could use an additional check to Psychic and Ground Types and both Mega Slowbro and Mega Gyarados can provide that. Mega Slowbro can act as another good win condition with its access to Calm Mind and Scald, a consistent and amazing switch-in to Melmetal and Mega Aerodactyl, and it has other options in the form of Teleport or Thunder Wave to give team support. Mega Gyarados is not as bulky, but it aids against opposing Gyarados and can break through teams much easier with STAB Crunch

Melmetal ( Ice Punch -> Thunder Punch)
If you elect to try out the above changes, there is no longer a reason to carry Ice Punch as you deal with Zapdos, and both Mega Venusaur and Dragonite can be broken with Double Iron Bash. In return, Thunder Punch helps against opposing water-types that would otherwise wall you.

Hope these ideas help

Reason I asked the first question is because my friend and I decided we want to do competitive battles with each other, minus Legendaries and your starter. How about then? I’d personally want a team surrounded by Mega Charizard X.
Mew and Melmetal aren't legendaries: they are mythicals so hammer him with that mighty sound logic.

But seriously, you'll probably want a team that covers Mega Charizard X's downfalls, such as a weakness to Rocks and inability to touch most bulky Rock and Ground types. Aerodactyl can taunt opposing rock setters, and can set them itself, and there are a bevy of water types to choose for opposing Rock/ Ground. You want Mega Charizard, so you should give him a Flamethrower / Dragon Pulse / Will-o-wisp / Roost set to capitalize on his good bulk and the good coverage of Fire / Dragon. If you are not using Mew or Melmetal, then having a good psychic check such as Alolan Muk is paramount to checking Mega Alakazam.

Without any Eevee-Starter, you have can fully abuse status such as Will-O-Wisp and Toxic to the maximum, so keep that in mind when you are constructing your team against your friend. Hope that can help you.

Last edited:
Mew and Melmetal aren't legendaries: they are mythicals so hammer him with that mighty sound logic.

But seriously, you'll probably want a team that covers Mega Charizard X's downfalls, such as a weakness to Rocks and inability to touch most bulky Rock and Ground types. Aerodactyl can taunt opposing rock setters, and can set them itself, and there are a bevy of water types to choose for opposing Rock/ Ground. You want Mega Charizard, so you should give him a Flamethrower / Dragon Pulse / Will-o-wisp / Roost set to capitalize on his good bulk and the good coverage of Fire / Dragon. If you are not using Mew or Melmetal, then having a good psychic check such as Alolan Muk is paramount to checking Mega Alakazam.

Without any Eevee-Starter, you have can fully abuse status such as Will-O-Wisp and Toxic to the maximum, so keep that in mind when you are constructing your team against your friend. Hope that can help you.
Thank-you for the reply. Currently, in-game, my Charizard is Jolly and knows: Thunder Punch, Earthquake, Outrage, and Flare Blitz. Would you say your set is better?

Thank-you for the reply. Currently, in-game, my Charizard is Jolly and knows: Thunder Punch, Earthquake, Outrage, and Flare Blitz. Would you say your set is better?
If your Charizard is jolly, you can sub out Thunder Punch and Earthquake for Roost and Will-o-Wisp after the game is over, as both of those moves are really helpful for Zard.

Without Roost, Stealth Rocks will chip Charizard and make it unable to come in, and Charizard really wants all the health it can get so that it can use its good bulk and attack to the fullest capacity. Will-O-Wisp in general, is good to burn physical threats that would otherwise threaten your team and allow Zard to take more hits, and since you are playing without Eevee, spreading burns should become a priority.

With Let's Go being pretty new and very recent in showdown, I wanna drop a sample for anyone who needs one
https://pokepast.es/ea5cd47520fd7f06

Mega Aerodactyl is the best rocker in the meta in my opinion, it speed ties with Mega Alakazam and helps with that
Melmetal is the hardest thing to kill in the tier(in my opinion) and its nice to kill your opponent's melmetal
Pikachu is my starter choice as i like its priority and electric typing
Absolutely love set up mew and it is so good with its coverage
gengar hits hard and allows mew to clean later
VIctreebell covers the problems this team has with Zam and Gengar with sucker putting them in range of pikachu

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
VR Update #1:

Hello everyone so the mod team has discussed the recently addressed nominations concerning the viability rankings. Here are the nominations we voted on:

Code:
Melmetal A+ -> S
Rhydon: A+ -> A-
Nidoqueen: A- -> A+
Mega Gyarados: B- -> A+
Poliwrath: C- -> B-
Hitmonlee B- to C+
Machamp C+ to C-
Cloyster UR -> ?
Alolan Exeggutor UR -> ?
Kabutops UR -> ?
Here are the results:
A+ -> A-
B+ -> A-
C- -> C+
C+ -> C-
UR -> B+
UR -> B-
UR -> B-

Here is the spreadsheet for the votes. Expect other resources to come soon!

The Mew that I am running in Let's Go:

role: stall breaker
Mew
Nature: Careful
-Taunt
-Will O Wisp
-Dragontail
-Roost

Dragontail takes advantage of the Careful nature. I been using pikalytics to see what moves have been used.

Also I'm surprised Alolan Marowak is not on the C-tier list? I think it's an okay Melmetal counter for some teams with Flare Blitz.

Also I'm surprised Alolan Marowak is not on the C-tier list? I think it's an okay Melmetal counter for some teams with Flare Blitz.
Regular Sandslash outclasses it in this reguard b/c Wak is weak to Melmetal's EQ (Slash also is 100% better than Kanto Wak). The only use I see for it is for a Veno counter who sets rocks.

Regular Sandslash outclasses it in this reguard b/c Wak is weak to Melmetal's EQ (Slash also is 100% better than Kanto Wak). The only use I see for it is for a Veno counter who sets rocks.
What about Alolan Marowak being able to learn Outrage? Could that give Wak a niche somehow to be more useful in this comp?

What about Alolan Marowak being able to learn Outrage? Could that give Wak a niche somehow to be more useful in this comp?
Outrage hits... Dragonite. That's pretty much it, and it isn't common rn.
Unrelated, but Omastar has a niche in OHKOing (i think SpD) Mew and Muk with +2 Hydro Pump with rocks (and gets reliable phys stab even with low Atk), but needs Zam and Aero dead first.

Last edited:
Outrage hits... Dragonite. That's pretty much it, and it isn't common rn.
Unrelated, but Omastar has a niche in OHKOing Mew and Muk with +2 Hydro Pump (and gets reliable phys stab even with low Atk), but needs Zam and Aero dead first.
What about the fact it can also learn all the elemental punches? Fire and Thunder Punch...
Unrelated: So Articuno and Moltres best natures are no longer Timid in Lets Go? It's Naive?

What about the fact it can also learn all the elemental punches? Fire and Thunder Punch...
Unrelated: So Articuno and Moltres best natures are no longer Timid in Lets Go? It's Naive?
Elemental punches seem weak and bad from AlolaWak, there's better 'Mons for them (ex. Melmeltal).
idk why you would use physical arti or molt

Elemental punches seem weak and bad from AlolaWak, there's better 'Mons for them (ex. Melmeltal).
idk why you would use physical arti or molt
i didnt say i would use physical. I just saw who the person who is making viability list put down Naive for the natures of both birds and past gens Timid has been the nature for the birds. Unless Naive was a mistake.

After some laddering, here are my thoughts:

• Mew is insane. Incredibly versatile, outruns most of the meta, every team should have this thing.
  • Melmetal is really strong and annoying to fight against, especially those that run Thunder Wave.
  • Speaking of Thunder Wave, status is very potent. There aren't any decent absorbers aside from mons with Rest and a lot of the top threats in the meta can afford to run T Wave or Toxic. Wisp Mew and (eevee move that burns) Eevee get bonus points for being a menace.
  • Eevee is extremely valuable because of its wack ass signature moves, especially the one that cures status afflictions.
  • The extreme value of Eevee makes Pikachu worse, since only one can be used per team.
  • Mega Alakazam is the best mega in the tier imo. Insanely powerful and fast and access to good coverage makes it a threat to every team. It is checked by A-Muk but it can switch out safely since Pursuit doesn't exist. Melmetal can tank a few hits as well. I've been using CM / Psychic / Dazzling Gleam / Recover to great success. Shadow Ball and other options are solid too.
  • Stealth Rock is absolutely ridiculous. Nothing can remove them so you get them up asap and go from there. It really hurts a lot of mons that would otherwise be viable. Without leftovers/berries, the lack of recovery makes rocks a big issue.
  • Venusaur (mega or regular) is a pain because Mega Drain / Sludge Bomb / Leech Seed / Sleep Power (or EQ or whatever) is difficult to switch into.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)