Metagame LGPE OverUsed

I think M Bro deserves A Rank as well. It is one of the best counters to Melmetal and M Aero and does a lot of damage.

I used this set and it worked pretty well.

Slowbro-Mega @ Slowbronite
Ability: Shell Armor
Level: 50
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball
- Surf
- Rest

I know all that. My issue is that I had no idea that the starter Eevee was actually its own unique mon with unique stats and moves. I soft reset for a Modest nature as I intended to evolve it into Jolteon, not knowing it couldnt evolve until later when the game tells you. (Im okay with that bit)

I didnt anticipate being given a unique one off pokemon at the beginning of the game, and then if I want to get one with a different nature being forced to do a hard reset.
You actually can’t evolve Starter Eevee at all, same as Starter Pikachu. You have to catch a separate one in the wild.

Is there any place for Mega Kanga in this meta? She's obviously not broken without parental bond, but I feel like she could have a place as a lower viability ranking. Especially if she's at least as good as Tauros.

STAB Facade sounds like fun with all the status effects flying around, so I'll probably test her out on showdown to see how she fares.

(unrelated, but I recently snagged a shiny Adamant Kangaskhan on cartridge, and would love to use her)

What's the best Eevee-S Nature? About to restart my game and looking for good advice.
Assuming you're talking about your in-game? It depends on the moveset you go with.
Sappy Seed + Sizzly Slide are physical attacks, so you'd want either a Jolly (+ Speed - Spa) or Adamant (+ Atk - Spa)

The rest of Eevee-S' special move tutor moves are special, so you may want Modest or Timid, although I don't know what Eevee's base stats are

Is there any place for Mega Kanga in this meta? She's obviously not broken without parental bond, but I feel like she could have a place as a lower viability ranking. Especially if she's at least as good as Tauros.

STAB Facade sounds like fun with all the status effects flying around, so I'll probably test her out on showdown to see how she fares.

(unrelated, but I recently snagged a shiny Adamant Kangaskhan on cartridge, and would love to use her)
I'm sure M-khan will do fairly well in this meta. The issue is that there are so many good megas.

The rest of Eevee-S' special move tutor moves are special, so you may want Modest or Timid, although I don't know what Eevee's base stats are
Both get +110 BST.

Pikachu has:
HP 35 -> 45
Atk 55 -> 80
Def 40 -> 50
SpA 50 -> 75
SpD 50 -> 60
Spe 90 -> 120
BST 320 -> 430

Eevee has:
HP 55 -> 65
Atk 55 -> 75
Def 50 -> 70
SpA 45 -> 65
SpD 65 -> 85
Spe 55 -> 75
BST 325 -> 435

What are the common counters being used for Mega Gyrados?
I don’t think it has any true counters since nothing resists both of its STABs except for Poliwrath and itself, so you best bet is probably to get up hazards before it can Mega to chunk off 25% when it comes in and then play around it to bring in something healthy on a resisted hit.

Both have a variety of sets:
MMX BU: Bulk Up / Recover / Rock Slide / Earthquake, +Brick Break/Facade/Taunt
MMY CM: Calm Mind / Psychic / Dazzling Gleam / recover, +Fire Blast/BoltBeam/Shadow Ball/Taunt/Earthquake
MMY Anti: Will-O-Wisp/Psychic/Taunt/Recover, +Shadow Ball
Ok is understood thanks. Now need 5 pokemon in Mewtwo team, what choise is the best for he?(besides Mew and Eve starter)

firstly if you're playing LGPE OU on cartridge you're either running into people who've pumped 200 Candies in every stat, which is the candy meta and obviously different to LGPE OU as everything is bulky as hell, or you're running into people just running their in game team and are probably as experienced as you are (which isn't very by what i've read) OR they're even worse. Do you play on showdown? gives you the ability to try things quickly without putting the time in on cartridge, and I'd also get over the mindset of not using legends/mythics and Starter Eevee very quickly as they're essential in this metagame and honestly you're hampering yourself if you aren't using them (Eevee is the only cleric in a meta where status rules).

I'll do a thoughts post in a bit as been playing on ladder for a while.
There is no Candy in online play on switch. That's the reason why this meta is candyless it's because it's also the case within the normal rules and it's also more balanced...

If anything this is still the most newcomer friendly meta to access on cartridge.

Hey, I only started playing this a few days ago but I got really into it and it's honestly been a ton of fun.

To start out and to get a grip on the metagame before I tried building I used the team KratosMana passed me above and went 25-0 with it which was cool. I noticed that mega alakazam is absolutely incredible and IMO better than both eevee and mew. It's the fastest mon in the metagame, stupid strong, and can calm mind up once its checks are weakened a bit to just clean through. Muk is obviously very nice for zam (and also gar) but I think you can get a bit creative in answering zam instead of just slapping on a muk. I'll get to this more when I talk about the team I built though. Starmie makes for a really nice pivot vs all of melmetal, ground types, and also Mew, with twave as awesome support. Rhydons just one of the more sturdy rockers and a nice zap pivot with the ability to rest off toxics. Melmetal should be on every team.

After playing for a while, the main thing that was bothering me was eevee leech seeding everything so I started to look for counterplay to that. I actually toyed with exegg/venu but honestly all the grass types in the tier are super underwhelming. I realized that the best way to counter eevee would be to undercreep on mons like mew/zap and slow uturn out to offensive pokemon. This strategy has worked out amazingly for me. As far as megas go, I consider gyarados to be up there with the best because its bulk is ridiculous and it's super strong too. I faced starmie thunderbolts doing like 40 to me for example. The only real switchins are zapdos/melmetal but zapdos takes rocks and melmetal gets chipped down over time + eq does a good amount. I've also been using dragon tail on gyara to phaze out cloyster + chip zap coming into rocks. I like mega gengar but more often than not I end up mega'ing something else like gyarados and just use regular gengar. Gengar's cool because it outspeeds and hits mew super effectively, but it also has the ability to use protect disable. Disable lets you bypass otherwise problematic stuff like muk and really just opens up a lot of playing possibilities. Lastly, for ground types I tried alolan dugtrio as per kratosmana's suggestion and it has been great for the reasons he said. Rocks, good speed, zap check, prio, 1v1s zam.

Here's the team I made + peak I got with it.

Screen Shot 2018-11-26 at 10.37.11 AM.png

Screen_Shot_2018-11-26_at_12.08.20_AM.png

alolan muk
melmetal
both don't take too much from psychic OR coverage and the high usage of both makes zam run 3 attacks or require teammates to wear down them
(also M-Zam is upper A??)

just noticed but LG UU needs to be a thing unless no1 plays it since there's too many nice mons not in ou
read something wrong lol forgot to get rid of the post also I meant It doesn't have any checks that can not only beat in a 1v1 but also common teambuilding partners

How much better would Charizard be if it had access to either mega?
I don’t think it would be that different honestly. The Charizard mindgame in the regular meta is more dangerous because X and Y are both strong breakers but on opposite sides of the spectrum, so a bad switch could really screw you (especially if it means you let X get a free DD). In this meta, you’ll probably be okay either way if you switch in something like MGyara, (M)Slowbro, Starmie or even (M)Aero if it’s not played as a suicide lead. I’d say CharY losing Drought is actually a huge part of it because Water/Rock types aren’t as afraid of unexpectedly switching into a Solarbeam anymore. CharX losing DD also sucks for it because it can’t abuse free turns as potently anymore either.

Pokemon Let’s Go Viability Rankings
Last updated: 11/23/18

S-Rank:

Eevee (Starter)
Mew

A-Rank:

Upper

Mega Aerodactyl
Mega Alakazam
Melmetal
Alolan Muk
Zapdos

Lower

Aerodactyl
Alakazam
Mega Gyarados
Nidoqueen
Rhydon
Starmie
Venomoth
Mega Venusaur

B-Rank:

Upper

Mega Charizard X
View attachment 147152Cloyster
Gengar
Gyarados
Moltres
Nidoking
Mega Slowbro

Lower

Chansey
Dodrio
View attachment 147153Alolan Exeggutor
Hitmonlee
Mega Gengar
View attachment 147154Kabutops
Alolan Ninetales
Omastar
Pikachu (Starter)
Alolan Raticate
Alolan Sandslash
Snorlax

C-Rank:

Upper

Mega Blastoise
Mega Charizard Y
Dragonite
Golem
Ninetales
Poliwrath
Alolan Raichu

Lower

Arcanine
Articuno
Clefable
Machamp
Parasect
Alolan Persian
Rapidash
Sandslash
Tauros

D-Rank: Any Pokemon not listed above.
Hey, can you just update this post everytime if there’s a new post, sometimes I go this tier I mostly check this post.
And if there is an update post, it would be hard to find that post

Hey, can you just update this post everytime if there’s a new post, sometimes I go this tier I mostly check this post.
And if there is an update post, it would be hard to find that post
I’ve mentioned that to him as well. He did say he’d start doing that in reply to my post on another page in this thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)