Linked

Is there anything that could viably run Defense Curl (Rollout/Ice Ball) as their linked moves? I mean starting on the second turn of Rollout/Ice Ball means it's BP 60, 120, 240, 480, 960 assuming it keeps hitting. Need something semi-fast to be viable and it's twarted by protect, but if there's a good mon that can run it (I didn't immediately find one)...it'd be as hard to stop as Outrage Dragonite otherwise.

Quick Database search for potential users:

/ds defense curl, rollout, spe > 90:
Glalie-Mega, Linoone, Metagross-Mega, Mew, Miltank, Minun, Pachirisu, Plusle, Raichu, Salamence, Scolipede, Typhlosion
Glalie, Salamence and Scolipede look most usable there.

/ds defense curl, rollout, rock type, rock polish, all:
Aggron, Aron, Bonsly, Corsola, Geodude, Golem, Graveler, Lairon, Lunatone, Magcargo, Nosepass, Onix, Probopass, Regirock, Shuckle, Solrock, Sudowoodo
Aggron and Golem look most usable here.

/ds ice ball, defense curl:
Marshtomp, Mudkip, Politoed, Poliwag, Poliwhirl, Poliwrath, Sealeo, Smeargle, Spheal, Swampert, Walrein
Mega Marshtomp in the rain maybe? (Swift Swim active).

Last edited:
Is there anything that could viably run Defense Curl (Rollout/Ice Ball) as their linked moves? I mean starting on the second turn of Rollout/Ice Ball means it's BP 60, 120, 240, 480, 960 assuming it keeps hitting. Need something semi-fast to be viable and it's twarted by protect, but if there's a good mon that can run it (I didn't immediately find one)...it'd be as hard to stop as Outrage Dragonite otherwise.
I'd sooner run Swords Dance + Stone Edge to hit really hard right off the bat. And even if it misses or gets Protected on, the attack boosts stay. The Defense boosts from Defense Curl won't matter too much when your initial damage output is low enough to give the opponent room to set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)