(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

The invisible camera man that controlls the top screen's viewing angle while sniffing amoongus spores.

Let me explain more on this.
I have the short term memory of a dead slowpoke, while I am trying to get shiny pokemon in friend safaris I am often doing something else, like watching netflix or on my iPod here, liking too many posts on this thread. So when I encounter a wild whatever and I go back to looking at whatever I was doing that's not playing pokemon I forget wether or not the pokemon I encountered was shiny or not.

And when I get back to looking at my 3ds I see a solid 30 seconds of nothing but my Xerneas (I'm using it for thunder wave on the grass pokemon because they cannot be spored) from different angles, and each time it changes camera angles to something that is not the wild whatever it's another dissapointment, almost equal to the level of dissapointment THAT THE CAMERA GUY HAS NOT BEEN SENT TO HELL FOR TREASON AGAINST ALL OF POKEMON KIND, BY ARCEUS!!! *INSERT 5 RAGEY GIFS HERE* D-:<

Last edited:
I'd forgotten the pain of bulk wondertrading only because it was so painful that I gave up wondertrading!
Reduce your WT pains to a minimum:

BriarRose's AMAZING medicine

1. Pick one semi-decent spitback
2. WT it.
3. Get crap in exchange
4. WT the crap
5. Repeat step 4 until you get something (kinda) good
6. STOP
7. WT your next spitback
8. Umm, enjoy life?

The invisible camera man that controlls the top screen's viewing angle while sniffing amoongus spores.

I have the short term memory of a dead slowpoke, while I am trying to get shiny pokemon in friend safaris I am often doing something else, like watching netflix or on my iPod here, liking too many posts on this thread. So when I encounter a wild whatever and I go back to looking at whatever I was doing that's not playing pokemon I forget wether or not the pokemon I encountered was shiny or not.

And when I get back to looking at my 3ds I see a solid 30 seconds of nothing but my Xerneas (I'm using it for thunder wave on the grass pokemon because they cannot be spored) from different angles, and each time it changes camera angles to something that is not the wild whatever it's aother dissapointment, almost equal to the level of dissapointment THAT THE CAMERA GUY HAS NOT BEEN SENT TO HELL FOR TREASON AGAINST ALL OF POKEMON KIND, BY ARCEUS!!! *INSERT 5 RAGEY GIFS HERE* D-:<
Umm, why not just, I don't know, CATCH the shiny before going back to whatever you're doing? It would only take a minute. Mayyyybe 2.

Would you rather have the camera spin all around the field, making us all dizzy?

Last edited:
So ... you'd rather go back to BW's sprites which are much less beautiful and dynamic? Besides, the camera pans back to the opposing Pokemon when you attack it, so why not just TWave it regardless?
I would. I personally think that the sprites were better even with theinconstancies (Excadrill comes to mind)
Plus, they ruined Eelektross in its model (it went from walking on its flaps to floating... Why)
Most models aren't that dynamic anyway if I'm being honest (Gengar, Excadrill, Tyranitar)
I preferred the sprites is what I'm saying :P (personal tastes)

Sprite wise I would just prefer getting back the gen 2 sprites but that is just me.

One small thing I dislike in XY is the fact that you get battle points after literally every battle in the battle maison. Like sure this helps with getting some useful TM moves and items but I kind of see battle points as those rare things you only get after hard working. In XY battle points is no longer really hard working but more like hey you won 6 battles good here that must be really tough here is your Choice Band. Kids have it easier these days lol.

One other thing that bugs me is the regional Pokedex in XY. Sure it is cool that the Pokedex is gigantic and most in game teams are different but it also has it's downsides. Most of the Pokemon are only shown once in the game and sometimes a whole evolution line is not even shown once unless you get lucky enough to find it in the wild. This makes filling up the Pokedex an annoying job as without the internet it will be hard to find out where you can exactly find certain Pokemon. It is also pretty stupid that we had to battle stupid Team Flare's 80+ Swalot's while the likes of Escavelier and Barboach were nowhere to be seen.

And when I get back to looking at my 3ds I see a solid 30 seconds of nothing but my Xerneas (I'm using it for thunder wave on the grass pokemon because they cannot be spored) from different angles, and each time it changes camera angles to something that is not the wild whatever it's aother dissapointment, almost equal to the level of dissapointment THAT THE CAMERA GUY HAS NOT BEEN SENT TO HELL FOR TREASON AGAINST ALL OF POKEMON KIND, BY ARCEUS!!! *INSERT 5 RAGEY GIFS HERE* D-:<
Sprite wise I would just prefer getting back the gen 2 sprites but that is just me.

One small thing I dislike in XY is the fact that you get battle points after literally every battle in the battle maison. Like sure this helps with getting some useful TM moves and items but I kind of see battle points as those rare things you only get after hard working. In XY battle points is no longer really hard working but more like hey you won 6 battles good here that must be really tough here is your Choice Band. Kids have it easier these days lol.

One other thing that bugs me is the regional Pokedex in XY. Sure it is cool that the Pokedex is gigantic and most in game teams are different but it also has it's downsides. Most of the Pokemon are only shown once in the game and sometimes a whole evolution line is not even shown once unless you get lucky enough to find it in the wild. This makes filling up the Pokedex an annoying job as without the internet it will be hard to find out where you can exactly find certain Pokemon. It is also pretty stupid that we had to battle stupid Team Flare's 80+ Swalot's while the likes of Escavelier and Barboach were nowhere to be seen.
Is this any better:

"Here child-have 3 BP after half an hour of hell. In ten years, you'll get enough for an Ability Capsule"

But I do agree with you a little bit, I do have more BP than I know what to do with. But that's because I just use PowerSaves to keep restoring the file that has 200 BP on it. :)

As for the Team Flare mons, Nintendo loves to really drive the point home. One grant has Scraggy? Let's make them all have that abomination- so the kids figure out which the 'bad' mons are.
(Also, it must cost a lot to supply all your grunts will awesome pokemon- Lysandre probably decided to save money by breeding a couple of com mons to death)

Reduce your WT pains to a minimum:

BriarRose's AMAZING medicine

1. Pick one semi-decent spitback
2. WT it.
3. Get crap in exchange
4. WT the crap
5. Repeat step 4 until you get something (kinda) good
6. STOP
7. WT your next spitback
8. Umm, enjoy life?
Nononono, you have misunderstood the pain. The pain comes from only being able to WT one mon at a time. It takes forever!
Hclegend already said this but I want to repeat it. Battle Spot NEEDS to have 6v6 in ORAS. I hate 3v3 and looking for a 6v6 battle takes too long.
hey! I said that first!

But can you imagine getting a whole box of Route 2 mons each time?
<shudder, one Fletchling is bad enough>
I take your point, but at the end, I was only WT to get a lot of trainer numbers for the lottery. So I didn't care what they were, only that they had different trainer numbers.

I take your point, but at the end, I was only WT to get a lot of trainer numbers for the lottery. So I didn't care what they were, only that they had different trainer numbers.
That's another point right there.

Do you like the lottery or wish you could just buy that second/fifty-second Master Ball that everyone and their weird Aunt is trying to win?

(Never won that damn ball, been playing since Gen 2 came out...)

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
I don't like how you have to stop every single battle to get BP in the Battle Maison.
I prefer how in PWT, you stop every 3 battles.
Stopping every single battle is just annoying.

Codraroll

Cod Mod
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Well, a big annoyance of mine... the auto-popup messages on the PSS screen.

I mean, what could conceivably be the reasoning behind coding in those? Do anybody, anywhere, ever stumble around in their game with nothing to do, then suddenly see the message "Do you want to Wonder Trade?" and think "Yes, that's a good idea! Let's do that!"?

They are flat-out annoying, and they can't be disabled. It's undeniably one of the most moronic decisions GF has ever done on the UI front.

Mew2

Sex is overrated
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Well, a big annoyance of mine... the auto-popup messages on the PSS screen.

I mean, what could conceivably be the reasoning behind coding in those? Do anybody, anywhere, ever stumble around in their game with nothing to do, then suddenly see the message "Do you want to Wonder Trade?" and think "Yes, that's a good idea! Let's do that!"?

They are flat-out annoying, and they can't be disabled. It's undeniably one of the most moronic decisions GF has ever done on the UI front.
And don't even get me started on the "Your battery is low" message; I KNOW it's low you don't have to remind me every 10 seconds godamit

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 12)