(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

I don't think you understood what I said. I didn't say it was the reason it wasn't put in base game, I'm saying it was a possible extra reason it wasn't added back into the base game areas post-DLC.
Well the wording could have been better :P

If what you meant is "they didn't try to put it back in the base game after DLC launched because it would have been either impossible or a unreasonable development cost", that'd be something I can agree with.

Might be misremembering things, but the "following Pokémon" feature gives me the feeling that is more of an afterthought for Game Freak, rather than something they deem important.

Let's Go being the only exception as it replaces the Bike.
While debatable, I suppose, for SWSH I'll be pedantica nd say I wouldn't consider HGSS' following pokemon an afterthought. They really had to implement a lot of things for that to work and judging by the GS proto leaks it was something they wanted since the original games. It's also all over the marketing for it.

I used pelago a bunch, it was a cute way to "use" boxed pokemon and you got pretty good rewards. Best berry farm around, if nothing else. The EV, Hot Springs and Mining werent the most optimal around, but they were still nice to make use of if I wasnt play all day.

Kind of feel like Home should have had that stuff baked in. A lot more reasonable to use the big box there and the mobile app could be used to check in on it if yo udidnt want to boot the game up.

I certainly liked & used them more than the pokejobs, at least

I used pelago a bunch, it was a cute way to "use" boxed pokemon and you got pretty good rewards. Best berry farm around, if nothing else. The EV, Hot Springs and Mining werent the most optimal around, but they were still nice to make use of if I wasnt play all day.

Kind of feel like Home should have had that stuff baked in. A lot more reasonable to use the big box there and the mobile app could be used to check in on it if yo udidnt want to boot the game up.

I certainly liked & used them more than the pokejobs, at least
Pokepelago was IMO one of the best new interface features in Gen VII. Getting berries easily, mining various otherwise rare items, some EV/EXP/Happiness grinding when you're not playing, and a small chance to catch new Pokemon was quite nice. Even though some of those things could mechanically work without the Pokemon in your PC running around, it gives the illusion that they're doing something besides just sitting there.

Pokepelago was IMO one of the best new interface features in Gen VII. Getting berries easily, mining various otherwise rare items, some EV/EXP/Happiness grinding when you're not playing, and a small chance to catch new Pokemon was quite nice. Even though some of those things could mechanically work without the Pokemon in your PC running around, it gives the illusion that they're doing something besides just sitting there.
also it's very cute to see pokemon like xuriktree tending to berries

I'm somebody who likes to catch things--for example, in my current LP I'm doing for OI, I have almost four boxes full of mons even though I've used about a dozen of them in total for any purpose. I very much appreciate a mechanic that rewards people who take the time to catch stuff. Sure, Dex completion and the Diploma/Shiny Charm certainly does, but Pelago gives you that while also making the Dex grind actually worthwhile for something before that ultimate goal.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
In the Sinnoh games, each of the three lakes contains a TM: Lake Valor has Thunder, Lake Acuity has Blizzard, and Lake Verity has Fire Blast.

The lake trio are in raids in Pokemon Go atm: Mesprit's charge attack is Blizzard, Uxie's is Thunder, and Azelf's is Fire Blast.

This discrepancy irks me far, far more than it should.

In the Sinnoh games, each of the three lakes contains a TM: Lake Valor has Thunder, Lake Acuity has Blizzard, and Lake Verity has Fire Blast.

The lake trio are in raids in Pokemon Go atm: Mesprit's charge attack is Blizzard, Uxie's is Thunder, and Azelf's is Fire Blast.

This discrepancy irks me far, far more than it should.
This is because Mesprit cannot learn Fire Blast (which is unique to Azelf), and Uxie cannot learn Blizzard (which is unique to Mesprit), though all can learn Thunder. The issue has been present since the TMs were placed.

QuentinQuonce

formerly green_typhlosion
This is because Mesprit cannot learn Fire Blast (which is unique to Azelf), and Uxie cannot learn Blizzard (which is unique to Mesprit), though all can learn Thunder. The issue has been present since the TMs were placed.
Wish they'd switched the TMs to match. But obviously Blizzard has to be in Lake Acuity because it's snowy. My brain just appreciates symmetry I guess.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
I find it a bit disappointing that Fantina's ace Pokemon isn't Drifblim when her design obviously takes inspiration from Drifblims design. That little clip thing in her dress is litterally Driflblims mouth. Missed opportunity imo.
She uses Drifblim in Pokemon Super Contests.

Otherwise most of the time it sort of shares "signature mon" with Mismagius. This is probably due to Drifblim being a completely Gen IV Pokemon while Mismagius is an evolution of a Gen II Pokemon.

The only two times she didn't have a Drifblim was her initial Gym Battle in Platinum (likely because Drifloon doesn't evolve until Level 28 and she was moved to third Gym Leader with her highest being Level 26; guessing they didn't want to give her a Drifloon as they maybe felt it wasn't strong enough to provide a Gym Leader level challenge) and in Pokemon Masters. Though it should be noted in rematches Fantina's strongest Pokemon, and the one to get the Sitrus Berry, is her Gengar. Though it is disappointing they decided to make Mismagius her partner in Pokemon Masters, I would have made it Drifblim and then made her Sygna Suit based on Mismagius and given her Mismagius then (I guess for an ironic twist they could still do that, give her a Mismagius-based Sygna but have her Pokemon be Drifblim).

I find it a bit disappointing that Fantina's ace Pokemon isn't Drifblim when her design obviously takes inspiration from Drifblims design. That little clip thing in her dress is litterally Driflblims mouth. Missed opportunity imo.
Not to mention it would be a lot more fitting Pokemon Masters. Fantina could use Drifblim as her ace, while Morty could use Mismagius, which is more fitting since Misdreavus is found in Johto. Due to Gengar and Mismagius being used by Agatha and Fantina, Morty is stuck with Drifbliim, a Pokemon not related to Johto at all.

Pikachu315111

Ranting & Raving!
is a Community Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributor
Not to mention it would be a lot more fitting Pokemon Masters. Fantina could use Drifblim as her ace, while Morty could use Mismagius, which is more fitting since Misdreavus is found in Johto. Due to Gengar and Mismagius being used by Agatha and Fantina, Morty is stuck with Drifbliim, a Pokemon not related to Johto at all.
In HGSS, Morty's Rematch has him using a Dusknoir.
In BW2's World Tournament, he has also used a Banette, Sableye, and Froslass (and a Chandelure, but that's Shauntal's ace).

They'll probably go with Dusknoir since HGSS was a Gen IV game.

In HGSS, Morty's Rematch has him using a Dusknoir.
In BW2's World Tournament, he has also used a Banette, Sableye, and Froslass (and a Chandelure, but that's Shauntal's ace).

They'll probably go with Dusknoir since HGSS was a Gen IV game.
Morty is already in the game, with Drifblim.

Phoebe uses Dusknoir

So I'm not saying this to say they're bad but

These route are nice, yes! I like it. But I don't think anything about them is discernibly better (outside of different tastes, obviously) than

or

nice routes!
Gotta love that cherry picking. :psysly:

Ironically though, that Gen 4 example is an excellent example of optimization without sacrificing good design. It's small, linear, compact and yet it still has quite a bit of stuff to do with different items in different paths, trainers all over the place and yet many of these trainers can be avoided by using the pathways to your advantage.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

... Alright, Dusknoir makes sense for Phoebe.

But they actually did do this switcheroo giving Morty Drifblim and Fantina Mismagius. I'm honestly perplexed. Well, you do you, Pokemon Masters.
What do you mean, giving Morty Drifblim is perfectly in-character for Gen 2. Nobody major from that region is actually allowed to use Gen 2 Pokemon, hell at this point I'm convinced Morty never having Misdreavus outside of postgame activities is some kind of inside joke

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 6)