LN Draws For A Year

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I was at a baseball game yesterday, so I wasn't available to post my drawing, but here's yesterday / today! We're back to drawing simple household objects.

Reactions: dom

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Nice to see you experimenting with shading and reflections in your recent piece. Those are wonderful tools to make your drawings look more striking and for you to get a better feel for the subject's form, and you certainly seem ready for this next step. Just be sure not to let them distract from a clean and accurate linework (which is oftentimes very tempting in sketches) in order to keep improving even more, so sticking to the ballpen for the base is definitely a good idea.

I must say I'm really impressed by your dedication to this practice, and your improvements over the past month are astounding! If I had to make a suggestion, I'd recommend placing a particular focus in perspective and forms, since especially cylindrical objects (such as the wheels of the chair, or the slices of bread in the toaster) can sometimes still be a bit inconsistent in your sketches. Something worth considering would be sketching from real life objects, which might be a bit more challenging but really helps you get a feel for their 3-dimensional forms, since you can't simply replicate them line for line as opposed to photos.

Really good job on your sketches so far, if you keep that up for a couple more months I'm sure drawing will quickly become a second nature to you. ^^

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I had a busy night yesterday so I didn't get a chance to upload, but here's the last two days of drawings. The leaf was an interesting exercise in symmetry if nothing else, even though i wasn't a fan of the end result.

And the bicycle was the single most complicated drawing i have ever fucking done. Even the eyeball was less work in making sure everything looked "right". I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, though.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
Ok so the 365 day prompt list that I have has been un-doable for the last few days (monday was "draw at a museum", tuesday was "draw in public", today was "draw a key"... which I've already done), but i HAVE been working on a pretty involved Earthbound picture...

I'm thinking of coloring it tomorrow.

Your more detailed pieces such as the eye and the bike are very well done! Your drawings of people on the other hand could use some work. The kids in the earthbound drawing look really awkward, being in positions that don't make sense, positions that would be really uncomfortable. For example, Ness is holding up is right arm for no reason, and Paula isn't facing, or even looking at Porky. You should work on proportions and anatomy too, as Paula's arms are way too short, and Poo's legs are coming straight down, even though his feet land outside of his hips. I would look at references on the internet, and if push comes to shove, look at yourself doing things in the mirror.
Anyways, keep it up! I'm looking forward to seeing your progress over the year.

LonelyNess

Makin' PK Love
Ness' right arm is held up because his right index finger is held up to his temple, as is common for people using attacks. You cant see it obv because its covered by his head. Poos legs are also slightly outside his waist because his knees are bent cause hes in a meditative stance, something that i couldnt show because his pants are puffy.

Just some clarifications, not saying the criticisms arent valid. Thanks! :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)