Other Looking Ahead to Gen VI Mark II (SEE POSTS #818 & #858)

Status
Not open for further replies.
People weren't saying that anybody was crazy, they were saying that it's wrong to assume that base stats would be changed just because a lot of moves got changed, which is true. It's normal for moves to get their base power, accuracy, effects, PP, etc. changed, it happens every generation, so it was a bit of a strange thought process.

I somehow hope Chansey gets base 105 Special Attack again like she had in Gen I. Or at least some sort of buff so it doesn't have to rely on Seismic Toss.
I highly doubt they'll change the base stats of NFE Pokemon. Blissey, however, could potentially get a SpAtk boost. Hopefully they'll do something to help the really bad Pokemon like Farfetch'd and Luvdisc.

Agiligross seems to do really well against most of the new Pokemon. Even with the Steel nerf, it can still set up on most Fairy-types and then hit them with Meteor Mash. Aegislash also can't lower its Atk with King's Shield thanks to Clear Body.

Agiligross seems to do really well against most of the new Pokemon. Even with the Steel nerf, it can still set up on most Fairy-types and then hit them with Meteor Mash. Aegislash also can't lower its Atk with King's Shield thanks to Clear Body.
Tis a good point. What he lost in terms of his new Ghost and Dark weaknesses, he gains in terms of metagame shifts. Metagross remains solid.

I have a feeling they boosted Farfetch'd some how, I was fighting my sister's boyfriend and my Azumarrill barely did half damage with Double Edge on his Farfetch'd
Your Azumarill did have Huge Power, right? Its Atk is pretty terrible without it.

Though this plus the fact that Stick+Slash on Farfetch'd always crits could actually make it useful.

Your Azumarill did have Huge Power, right? Its Atk is pretty terrible without it.

Though this plus the fact that Stick+Slash on Farfetch'd always crits could actually make it useful.
No. With new crit mechanics, Slash+Stick is only 3 bp stronger than return. Return critting half the time though... That is worth something

Though it's too early in X/Y's lifespan to say how the metagame will stabilize in the future, it looks like Game Freak made a very good conscious effort to balance out the extremely offensive and heavily centralized playstyles of Generation V.
And then they give us sticky web Galvantula =D

No. With new crit mechanics, Slash+Stick is only 3 bp stronger than return. Return critting half the time though... That is worth something
Ah good point. But yeah, having effectively a Choice Band 50% of the time while being able to switch moves would be good if it has the stats to work outside of the NU of NU.

Anyone thinking about Expert Belt Greninja? With its ability, it will just turn whatever move it's using into STAB. In our terms PURE PAIN

Anyone thinking about Expert Belt Greninja? With its ability, it will just turn whatever move it's using into STAB. In our terms PURE PAIN
Does its Ability activate before or after it uses the move? Like does it get STAB the first time it uses the move? I'm thinking Choice Band/Specs would be better if it only gets STAB on the second attack.

Gary

Can be abrasive at times (no joke)
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus

This picture confirms that Blastoise gets Dragon Pulse AND Aura Sphere! That's huugggee for Mega Blastoise's seemingly useless ability. Although Mega Blastoise will most likely have no place in OU, in the lower tiers, Aura Sphere will allow Mega Blastoise to hit Steel-types very hard. Dragon Pulse is cool too, as it has nice nuetral coverage and can hit Dragon-types harder than Ice Beam. These moves will make Mega Blastoise's job as an offensive spinner in the lower tiers that much more effective.

Actually, now that I think about it, Mega Blastoise might be a great addition to OU stall teams, as it can not only provide Rapid Spin support, but it is also very bulky and can deal solid damage to Ferrothorn with Aura Sphere. Besides, most stall teams may have a pretty hard time choosing what to use for their Mega slot anyway. Most Megas as of now don't fit very well on stall teams due to their massive offensive presence, but Mega Blastoise is a very nice medium between power, bulk and support.

Last edited:
Sticky Web seems very intriguing. Can anyone verify if it last the whole battle or just for 5 turns? From what it seems, Smeargle and Shuckle will be the only viable users. Galvantula and Airados are too frail in my opinion.

So Serebii says some Pokémon's base stats where changed?

THEY BETTER RAISE SERPERIOR's OFFENSIVE STATS SINCE THEY NERFED ALL HIS OFFENSIVE MOVES (Leaf Storm, Hidden Power, Dragon Pulse)

They better release Contrary too instead of changing it.

With Zygarde's insane bulk and beautiful typing, as well as access to Dragon Dance, it will most likely replace Chomp in numerous occasions. It is true that Chomp will have more wall breaking potential, but Zygarde will be a much better sweeper. It's ability leaves much to be desired though, since it has no use in OU.

Gengar gets dream blast.... this thing can single handedly take down the whole tier with shadow ball, focus blast, dream blast and sludge bomb.
I really hope it doesn't get banned to ubers its always been my favourite poke :(

Can anyone confirm if Megagar can ohko tyranitar with dream blast under sand? If If yes, no reliance on focus miss and really only can be beaten by faster megas as far as I can tell

If you mean "Dazzling Gleam," I calculate a 4HKO on specially bulky Tyranitar in sand. If you mean "Moonblast," which I don't think Gengar can get, it's a 3HKO.

If you mean "Dazzling Gleam," I calculate a 4HKO on specially bulky Tyranitar in sand. If you mean "Moonblast," which I don't think Gengar can get, it's a 3HKO.
Yeah sorry meant dazzling gleam, dont know where I got dream blast from :/
what about on 252/0 tar (band) and 4/0 tar (scarf)?

Modest MegaGar has a 53.91% chance to 2HKO ScarfTar with Dazzling Gleam. Timid MegaGar guarantees a 3HKO on ScarfTar, and BandTar is 3HKOed by either one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)