Overture, curtains, lights.
This is it, the night of nights!
No more rehearsing or nursing a part.
We know every part by heart!

Overture, curtains, lights.
This is it, you'll hit the heights!
And oh what heights we'll hit.
On with the show, this is it!

This is a team I've been using to reach the rating requirement (and #40) on the UU ladder. It may not be the best team, but that's why I'm having it rated. It certainly is very fun, though, and the resulting battles were often as wacky and unpredictable as their namesakes.

Tweety Bird (Mesprit) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/200 Def/58 SDef
Sassy nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Trick Room
- U-turn
- Zen Headbutt
- Stealth Rock

Tweety here leads off to try to get the advantage going quickly. SR is used first if I suspect my opponent will, too. U-turn if I expect Taunt. Otherwise, it's Trick Room straight off to get momentum going. Lum Berry prevents Sleep leads like Roserade and Jumpluff from ruining my fun. Zen Headbutt is for reliable damage and taking out pesky poison and fighting types which can give the team trouble. It also OHKOs any Roserade that don't invest in defense. Zen Headbutting a Scarf Roserade after Lum cancels the sleep is always hilarious.

I used to have Uxie in this spot, but Mesprit's lower speed and higher attack power made it a better choice. Its somewhat lower defenses are sometimes a let down, but it seems to do its job better. Incidentally, these EVs were actually made for Uxie, so if you can suggest better ones, please do so.
---

Daffy Duck (Porygon2) @ Leftovers
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP/120 Def/136 SAtk
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- Thunderbolt
- Trick Room
- Ice Beam
- Recover

This strange duck is my backup trick roomer. It's taken directly from the Smogon analysis, so the EVs aren't tailor-made to the team, but they work well all the same. With Trick Room to mess with Speed and Download to boost one of its attacks, this Daffy Duck adds more unpredictability to the team.
---

Bugs Bunny (Azumarill) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 SDef
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Waterfall
- Superpower
- Ice Punch
- Aqua Jet

After making a wrong turn at Albequerque (which personal experience tells me is no laughing matter), Bugs came here to be one of the stars of the show. His large HP makes him quite durable, and with Huge Power, he can do a lot of damage. Aqua Jet is there for when Trick Room isn't in play, and a powerful priority attack is never a bad idea

Unfortunately, he does get walled by many bulky waters. Which is why I have my next pokemon, as that situation makes him very angry...
---

Marvin Martian (Torterra) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/6 SDef
Brave nature (+Atk, -Spd)
- Wood Hammer
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Marvin is here for the Earth-Shattering Kaboom, and he delivers nicely, destroying teams that don't have an answer to his awesome might. With 105 speed, little outspeeds him during Trick Room, and he nicely combines durability and power. While he does get walled by Tangrowth, Blaziken outspeeds Tangrowth that don't invest in speed (outside of TR), giving me a nice answer to that.

Synthesis is a reliable recovery move in UU, making Torterra all the more durable and nicely offsets the recoil of Life Orb and Wood Hammer.
---

Road Runner (Swellow) (M) @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Jolly nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Facade
- U-turn
- Brave Bird
- Quick Attack

Swellow? On a Trick Room Team? Preposterous, you say. Well, to that I say, meep meep! Anyways, I can't always have Trick Room up, and I find that, for some reason, people are more willing to give up their steel and rock types during Trick Room. And once they're gone, what better way to clean house than with Road Runner here, the fastest Pokemon in the tier (well, except trode, but who cares about him?). Quick Attack gives me a priority attack that will work even in Trick Room, and I've found through experience that Quick Attack is extremely useful on Swellow.
---

Foghorn Leghorn (Blaziken) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 SAtk
Quiet nature (+SAtk, -Spd)
- HP Grass
- Superpower
- Fire Blast
- Stone Edge
---

I say, I say, what we have here is the most potent mixed sweeper in the tier. Since he has no worries about speed, Foghorn here can max out both attacking stats, giving him massive power. He's also quite useful as a stall breaker, as he outspeeds min speed base 55s in normal conditions, which are often found on Stall teams. Vacuum Wave gives me a third priority attack, which is highly useful if TR is not in play.

Blaziken's set may need tweaking. For starters, increasing its speed so it outspeeds min speed Milotic outside of Trick Room would help in breaking stall, as currently I have to choose between outspeeding it and outspeeding slow walls like Steelix. It may seem odd to run speed EVs on a Trick Room sweeper, but Blaziken will still be slower than most relevant offensive Pokemon. Additionally, Stone Edge and Vacuum Wave don't offer the best coverage. Taking out Moltres, and Altaria to a lesser extent, is still important, but I'd like to be able to threaten bulky waters like Milotic and Slowbro more than I currently do.

Vacuum Wave was changed to HP Grass, but I still find myself missing the priority. Perhaps I just need to accept the 4MS limitations, but I'd still like to know if there's a way to satisfy all my needs

That's All, Folks!

As you can see, with slow power, lightning speed, priority attacks, and Trick Room, this team almost completely throws out the more conventional notions of how speed should work, and keeps things interesting throughout the entire battle.

The biggest threat to the team is fighting types, who I don't have a great answer to after Mesprit is gone, and Mesprit isn't the most durable of pokemon. I also lack Normal and Poison resists, so a Steel or Ghost-type would probably help. Slowbro

I'm open to all comments and suggestions for improvements. And don't worry if they don't fit the theme.

I hate to bump my own topic, but I'm fairly certain that my team is not so perfect that none of you can suggest improvements.

Also, to slightly justify this post, I went ahead and changed Torterra's set to Synthesis+LO, as Swords Dance was dead weight. Blaziken now has HP Grass, although I do miss Vacuum Wave at times. Also added a section at the end about this team's concerns.

haha, this was one of my only losses on shoddy UU later earlier :p i remember that swellow. I'd watch out for electrode because some people do use him ;)

oh and sorry i don't rate teams it takes too much time >.>

Ugh, can't I get at least one meaningful rate? or at least a meaningful explanation for why I'm not getting a meaningful rate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)