SM OU Magearna Double Dance Offense

Meet The Team

Introduction

This is a Team around Magearna, which is my Late-Game Set-Up Sweeper. I really like it and one time I got sweeped by a Double Dance Magearna, so I've decided to create an own Team around Magearna.

Teambuilding

Of couse my first Pokemon is Magearna. Its typing is really good and itd my Z user. Almost nobody can tank a +2 Z-Fleur Cannon

Then I chose Landorus-T. Its my favourite Pokemon. Its good against fire and ground types and Magearna can check ice-types. So they have a good synergy. And its my scarfer and my rocks setter

My next Pokemon is Tapu Fini. Fini can switch into fire, ice and water types, which are dangerous for Magearna and Lando. And Lando can switch into Poison and Electric types which are dangerous for fini.

Then I chose Tapu Lele. Its another Sweeper in my Team and can do very much damage with specs. Yeah I know, three Fairy types, but there are only two poison weaknesses and one steel weakness, so I think its ok.

Then I chose Landos brother Tornadus. I know, 2 Ice weaknesses,but its ok so far. First I played it with Lo but now I use Zoom Lens.

My last Pokemon is Tangrowth. With Tornadus it has a really good Regenerator core and it has a really good coverage. With Av it also has a good Special defense and can tank a lot of moves.

Team In Detail

Magearna @ Fairium Z
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Fleur Cannon
- Aura Sphere
- Calm Mind
- Shift Gear

It can set up against defensive pokemons like Ferro or Chansy. First I use Shift gear and when my Opponent doesnt switch out, I can use CM. Then I can usually kill with Z-Fleur cannon or Aura sphere and oftrn sweep with Soul heart.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Specs
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Specs Psychic or Psyshok in Psychic Terrain is super strong and sometimes I can win only with Tapu Lele. Moonblast is against Dark types. Hp fire against steel types like ferro or mega scizor. I chose psychic AND psyshok for mons like chansey, who have a very good spd but not a good defense. Otherwise chansey can completely wall lele.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock
- U-turn

Eq and Uturn are standart moves for scarf Lando and rocks are almost a must have. Stone edge is for flying types and bug types. With Scarf I can outspeed most pokemon, so I can easily use uturn. And its my koko switch in. Its also a good volt switch absorb and good against charx and chary

Tapu Fini @ Leftovers
Ability: Misty Surge
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Moonblast
- Defog
- Taunt

Fini is my Defogger and can burn physical threats with scald. Moonblast is for dragon dark and fighting types. Taunt is good, when my opponent tries to use rocks. Its good against offensive pokemon like m-gyarados, ttar, garchomp and ash-greninja.

Tornadus-Therian @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hurricane
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Heat Wave

Tornadus is my last Sweeper. Hurricane and heatwave are standart attack moves on it. Knock Off is for walls and scarfer and its also good when my opponent switches out. With uturn I can regenerate while damaging my opponent. Its good against steel and grass types like ferrothorn, celesteela and tapu bulu.

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Tangrowth is my wall and can tank many hits. Giga drain is to heal and knock off is for switch ins. Earthquake is good against steel, electro and fire types. Hidden power fire is for mega scizor and ferrothorn. Its good against magnezone, ash greninja, tapu koko and others.

Team (Importable)

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this.

Edit: Unlocked!

Last edited:
Zoom Lens only works if the holder moves after the target, which is a rare occurrence given Torn's fast speed tier. Replace it with Wide Lens, or more preferably Life Orb.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)