Magic: The Gathering

Fig

Needs to stop disappearing.
is a Contributor Alumnus
#mtg is an IRC channel.

I already have the deck I'd like to use built on Cockatrice, but an opportunity to playtest it a bit would be awesome. I've jumped feet-first into tourneys without testing decks and I have learned from my mistakes and don't wish to repeat them, ha.

I am tech savvy, but I have brain farts all the time. If you want to play test against me, I'll be more than happy to (I'm bored at the moment) but you'd have to explain to me exactly how to find you >.>

EDIT: Yeah, I'd like to test a couple of my decks too.

EDIT AGAIN: Nevermind, I think I figured the stuff out.

matty

I did stuff a long time ago for the site
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
So just an update. I'm gone with weekend doing some stuff for Labor day weekend. I'll post signups once I get back on Monday and we can kick this tourney off. Thanks for being patient

Agreed. Nice spot removal, nice token creation (weaker than his other incarnations' tokens though, unless flipped), cool tutoring, interesting overrun. Not a fan of double-sided cards, but I feel as if Relentless/Veil-Cursed Garruk was balanced fairly.

Disclaimer: The following rant is directed at Magic formats as a whole, NOT Standard.

In other news, WTF INNISTRAD. I know it's early, but so far Zombies seem to be in the lead for kickassery. Rooftop Storm is so cruel once you think about the fact that it'd be in at least BU Zombie tribal, and B has tutor while U has draw. And B also happens to have fairly good mana accel, lagging behind only G, I'd say. And then, of course, there's that Endless Swarm enchantment, or whatever it's called. Uh, how difficult is it to make Zombies, seriously. So now I can just drop a relatively cheap enchantment to multiply my horde by 1.5?! Madness, utter madness. It might not be OP, but in formats where games don't end within the first couple of turns, this will lead to some crazy shenanigans.

Honestly, with Moonmist, Endless Swarm, and Olivia being spoiled, I am anxiously awaiting the craziness that white will get to fight off these monstrosities (besides for draw power and Human tribal boost, which is insane anyway).

Also, completely off topic, but is there some rule somewhere in the canon that prevents us from having an undead PW? Because idk, every time I think of Innistrad, I can't help but feel like a BW zombie-spirit-human hybrid thing would be so flavourful here.

Agreed. Nice spot removal, nice token creation (weaker than his other incarnations' tokens though, unless flipped), cool tutoring, interesting overrun. Not a fan of double-sided cards, but I feel as if Relentless/Veil-Cursed Garruk was balanced fairly.

Disclaimer: The following rant is directed at Magic formats as a whole, NOT Standard.

In other news, WTF INNISTRAD. I know it's early, but so far Zombies seem to be in the lead for kickassery. Rooftop Storm is so cruel once you think about the fact that it'd be in at least BU Zombie tribal, and B has tutor while U has draw. And B also happens to have fairly good mana accel, lagging behind only G, I'd say. And then, of course, there's that Endless Swarm enchantment, or whatever it's called. Uh, how difficult is it to make Zombies, seriously. So now I can just drop a relatively cheap enchantment to multiply my horde by 1.5?! Madness, utter madness. It might not be OP, but in formats where games don't end within the first couple of turns, this will lead to some crazy shenanigans.

Honestly, with Moonmist, Endless Swarm, and Olivia being spoiled, I am anxiously awaiting the craziness that white will get to fight off these monstrosities (besides for draw power and Human tribal boost, which is insane anyway).

Also, completely off topic, but is there some rule somewhere in the canon that prevents us from having an undead PW? Because idk, every time I think of Innistrad, I can't help but feel like a BW zombie-spirit-human hybrid thing would be so flavourful here.
It's Endless Ranks of the Dead, not Endless Swarm. Endless Swarm was a sorcery in Saviors of Kamigawa that summoned a lot of snakes.
I don't really understand why zombies are black/blue in Innistrad; blue is the colour of knowledge, something zombies are probably incapable of using. With Humans being white/green, werewolves being red/green, spirits being blue/white, and vampires being red/black, Wizards probably just wanted something to fill the last allied colour combination.

it's not the first time zombies have been blue; there were quite a few of them in shards block. just look at a bunch of grixis cards.

but yeah zombies are looking insane.

Whoops, yeah, Endless Ranks. My bad, I didn't remember the name at the time, and Internet navigation on this phone cane be a pain at times.

Anyway, the only reason I can see zombies being blue here is because of that Stitcher fellow, and the theme of blue. In a world of horror, abominations and undead hordes are most likely going to be created by mad scientists, aka smart people, aka blue. So it's more a matter of taking blue to make them, not that they themselves are inherently blue.

I mean, if the moster of Frankenstein was a Magic card, and it had to be dual colored, wouldn't BU make sense?

matty

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi, I'm back. Gonna post signups today. Let them run through Friday

He's actually pretty weak compared to his first form.

All of the Innistrad Zombie cards are too expensive to make Zombie tribal a thing, but the Army of 13 2/2s is quite good as a win card in B/x Control.

Sorin is an undead Planeswalker; in general you just need a soul to be capable of having a spark.

Can anyone tell me how I'm supposed to connect to irc.synirc.net in Cocktrice? I can't figure it out. I left the port number at 4747 (default, I think) and I used my Cocktrice login and password. Am I doing something wrong? It keeps saying "Socket Error: Connection refused"

matty

Or try Mibbit.com

Instructions
1) Connect to mibbit.com in your internet browser
2) Scroll to the bottom of the page and find and then click on 'Chat Now!'
3) Under the 'Connect' scroll down window, find 'SynIrc [webirc]' and select that
4) Enter in your desired nick in the 'Nick' box (in your case Loos)
5) Enter in the channel name: #mtg
(Note make sure that you use the # sign, otherwise it won't work)
6) Hit connect
7) Profit and join the MTG community in live chat

Hope that helps

Oh, so we use that one to talk to each other, but the default cockatrice connection to play the rounds?

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
To connect to Cockatrice, you input this:
server: play.cockatrice.de
port: 4747
And then your username and password. Everybody should register so that you can rejoin your game if you time out. Registration is done on cockatrice.de.

i personally love magic, but are you guys playing it online or something? or are you going to a tournament

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Ok so yesterday "Past in Flames" was spoiled:

Past in Flames 3R
(M) Sorcery
Each instant or sorcery in your graveyard gains flashback until end of turn. The flashback cost is equal to its mana cost.
Flashback 4R
So it's pretty much a yawgmoth's will for instants and sorceries. That can be cast twice. There has to be a way to break this.

Ok so yesterday "Past in Flames" was spoiled:

So it's pretty much a yawgmoth's will for instants and sorceries. That can be cast twice. There has to be a way to break this.
The only difference is that there aren't rituals/retarded mana producers to go with like there were when yawg will was good >_>

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)