Map integration

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Don't know if many people know about this, but AccidentalGreed started a map where smogon users can register their location.

It's a pretty interesting thing for people to see who's around them, but it suffered a lack of interest pretty quickly. However, upon switching to these new forums with a nifty location function that, when clicked upon, gives you a location in google maps, I started thinking...

Would it be possible to combine the two? The map website and google probably are very similar, so I don't know if this would be that difficult to do. It would be interesting to see smogon's location demographics without resorting to an a forum thread (which is kind of a lesser-seen forum to people that just aren't that social).

Or is this just a bad idea and in violation of people's privacy? I don't really see so, considering they put their location on their info in the first place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)