Mean Look + U-Turn

Does this work? I never play WiFi, so it may just not be on Shoddy. I tried using it on Shoddy and the Pokemon was trapped and I used U-Turn and then it switched out the next turn.

So does this work?

I'm sorry, but I don't understand the question... but here's a stab at it anyway

IIRC, only baton pass can pass the trap status. Not U-Turn.

Also, if you are mean looked, the only way out is them switching, you having a shed shell, or you using baton pass, or you using u-turn

I was thrown off by this as well when I saw the trapping moveset for crobat in the analysis which had mean look and u-turn. Apparently it's only supposed to trap them until you u-turn to a counter so they can't outpredict you can switch the same turn you do. Which seems rather pointless to me because if you just u-turn you get to see what they do and switch accordingly anyway. Maybe I'm missing the point of that set though...

I was thrown off by this as well when I saw the trapping moveset for crobat in the analysis which had mean look and u-turn. Apparently it's only supposed to trap them until you u-turn to a counter so they can't outpredict you can switch the same turn you do. Which seems rather pointless to me because if you just u-turn you get to see what they do and switch accordingly anyway. Maybe I'm missing the point of that set though...

Yes, this is why I asked the question.

Thanks everyone.

Back