ORAS OU Mega Camerupt Anyone?

How do you think of this team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
With ORAS bringing in new megas and moves to old pokemon, I decided that I should revamp my previous team omnigen, which had issues with chansey, Mvenasaur, and Heatran. I've went through many changes, but this is what has been the most successful so far. Because this team seriously needs some constructive feedback, I will rush ahead...

Tentacruel Black Sludge
Bold Nature
Liquid Ooze
252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spdef
-Scald
-Sludge Bomb
-Haze
-Rapid Spin

Tentacruel has been really reliable for me. His 30% of a disruptive side affect almost always helps me when I need it most, and he has haze to prevent him from being setup bait. Rapid Spin is his purpose in the team, but he also is a great check to azumarill, keldeo, volcorona, scizor, Baton Pass, clefable, and Curse Sweepers. He weakens greninja efficiently, and liquid Ooze racks up good damage on venasaur, and if I switch into drain punches. Def EVs give him a good chance at avoiding some 2HKOes/OHKOes when black sludge is factored.

Celebi Leftovers
Modest Nature
Natural Cure
100 HP / 252 Spatk / 156 Spe
-Recover
-Heal Bell
-Energy Ball
-Future Sight

My answer to status and bulky waters such as Rotom-W. Celebi also does a great job at threatening pokemon with future sight. This will cause them to bring out a dark type, or get dented pretty hard (provided they dont resist). Celebi also resists some important types for my team, as it is the only pokemon that can sponge a ground move easily. Celebi's utility is what kept it its spot. I like energy ball's 20% stronger BP, but I might do Giga Drain > Energy Ball, I still need to test that.

Camerupt @Cameruptite
Quiet Nature
Anger Point -> Sheer Force
252 HP / 4 Att / 252 Spatk
-Rock Slide
-Flamethrower
-Earth Power
-Stealth Rock

Many people had the mega slot before this guy. I had aggron who performed pretty phenomenal, except he made me have issues with fire. Mega Sharpedo was working pretty well, but he needs a lot of pokemon removed and he made my team completely mvenasaur weak. Anyway he just powers through the oppostion with his base 120(thanks to sheer force) stab moves. Camerupt also gives me a FWG core which my omnigen team never had. Rock Slide is for floating fire types, such as Char-Y or talonflame, though it can also abuse anger point if I switch regular camerupt into a not very effective crit (cmon scizor!). Stealth rock is filler, but my team really needs it as future sight, yawn, and mamoswine force a lot of switches. Its just hard finding an opportunity to use it when I can just launch a deadly special move. Mega camerupt helps me immensely against Steels, MManetric, Thunderus, and MChar-Y. The underlined part is what I really appreciate about it. EVs can be argued...

Mamoswine Life Orb
Naive Nature
Thick Fat
244 Att / 12 Spatk / 252 Spe
-Freeze Dry
-Icicle Spear
-Ice Shard
-Earthquake

Even though I've tried other pokes, Mamoswine still comes out as my epic cleaner/wallbreaker. I've tried toxicroak, but a naive mamoswine has overall better stats than an adamant toxicroak. I've tried magnezone because of my immense steel problem, but that gave me an immense chansey/Venasaur problem. So mamoswine is here breaking through subs and providing a fast yet powerful ground move. He can 2HKO 252/252 MVenasaur with Earthquake after rocks. With Ice shard, and some prior damage (12.5-40%) he slaps down Garchomp, Latios, Latias, Dragonite, MPidgeot, MBeedrill, MPinser, and Landorus-I. The last 4 are serious thorns to the team. Freeze dry gives him a fighting chance against physically defensive rotom, especially if rocks are up. It also purifies Gyarados, Quagsire and Swampert. Im starting to think of giving him a Naughty Nature- I really feel like I'm missing out on his real power (Icicle spear leaves gliscor and lati@s barely alive if it hits only twice), but then I can't outspeed adamant Exca, Lucario, and gyarados, jolly smeargle and absol, and I can't speed tie opposing positive base 80s (Gardevoir). What do you think?

Gothitelle @Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
Shadow Tag
80 HP / 176 Spatk / 252 Spe
-Trick
-Taunt
-Rest
-Psychic

I found this foolproof set on victory road. I did tweak the EVs and stab move of choice though. Before I had this there was zoroark, who did pretty decent in battering the opponents down. I also tried Alomomola who passed succulent wishes and was a decent wall to most OU pokemon. But after losing to a generic Chansey-Mew-Heatran-MVenasaur-Skarmory-Alomomola defensive team, I knew walls were effing my team up. Gothitelle plan is to trap, trick a wall into one move (Hopefully status) and either kill them with psychic, or taunt them to make em struggle. Rest is if they induce her with status. She solves my chansey problem immensely, as well as some uncautious mew, breloom, dragonite, and scizor. Usually a one time deal, but a defensive theat gone is a defensive threat gone. Gothitelle also helps me with other walls such as ferrothorn or cresselia if I have choice scarf still. Offensively, Gothitelle's psychic helps me against Conkeldurr, MVenasaur, and Landorus-I (with scarf). EVs are so that seismic toss is a 4HKO.

Shiny Sylveon Rocky Helmet
Bold Nature
Cute Charm
252 HP / 248 Def / 4 Spatk / 4 Spdef
-Moonblast
-Protect
-Wish
-Yawn

The 2nd XY poke I ever tested (same time as talonflame, so techically 1st...), this Sylveon goes into my team as a wish passer and to punish the U-turn spammers with Rocky Helmet. Moonblast offers dragon/dark/fighting type control, and yawn forces switches, or gives me free turns. Since XY/ORAS doesn't really ban some pokemon such as Mega Kanga, its very satisfying when you see cute charm and rocky helmet maul it. On a more serious note, I chose moonblast over pixilate hypervoice because the special attack drop is critical in getting off some wishes that actually heal. If tentacruel is not doing swell, Sylveon helps weaken greninja, especially the life orb+u-turn variants.

Conclusion
Honestly before this team, I had major issues with Landorus-I, Chansey/Blissey, Heatran, Skarmory, Charizard-X, MMetagross, MBeedrill, MVenasaur, and a little bit of Landorus-I, MPinser and MManetric. Now I haven't done enough tests to see if I'm clearly safe from these threats, but to most of them I definitely got more prepared. If there other relevant OU threats that would cause me mayhem, please let me know how I could fortify my team.

Hi there. Your movesets are very average at best. Gengar can sweep most of your team with little effort with just shadow ball and sludge bomb.

Mega camerupt is unfortunately too slow to run in a team without trick room. I suggest running slowbro/reuniclus over gothitelle as they can setup trick room rather well due to their bulk.

Sylveon does not need protect in singles as it is a waste of a moveslot. Sylveon's nature needs to be pixilate because the move hyper voice does more damage than moonblast.

I cannot give this team a serious rate as it is indeed a non competitive team build. Re-write your team and perhaps you can send me a message and I'll rate it.

Hi there. Your movesets are very average at best. Gengar can sweep most of your team with little effort with just shadow ball and sludge bomb.

Mega camerupt is unfortunately too slow to run in a team without trick room. I suggest running slowbro/reuniclus over gothitelle as they can setup trick room rather well due to their bulk.

Sylveon does not need protect in singles as it is a waste of a moveslot. Sylveon's nature needs to be pixilate because the move hyper voice does more damage than moonblast.

I cannot give this team a serious rate as it is indeed a non competitive team build. Re-write your team and perhaps you can send me a message and I'll rate it.
Gengar's Timid Life orb shadow ball does 38-45% to tentacruel, which means its a 3HKO. Mamoswine's Naive life orb Ice shard on the other hand does 56-67% to gengar. Gengar hasn't proved a problem to me, as the chip damage easily stacks up to the point where it can be revenged. I'm sure it would be a problem to celebi and sylveon, but the rest can handle if they are healthy. I have tried trick room before, and it works very well for my team. I should have explored with more users of it, because reuniclus looks like a great candidate, since it isn't rolled over by stall. Lastly, Protect is very useful on sylveon it stalls for wish, yawn, and the status that tentacruel spreads. I just need to play smart and not protect on a boosting move. I would love to try pixilate hyper voice but honestly, my eevee hatched with run away soo... the special attack drop is the main thing going for it, allowing it to pass some wishes against -1 gengars, heatrans and venasaurs.

I am being quite ridiculous so I will try pixilate hyper voice anyway.

Before mega camerupt and Gothitelle, there was mega aggron and zoroark. That team build had what was about a 7:1 win lose ratio I kid you not.

Thanks for helping improve this team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)