ORAS OU Mega Manectric and Relatives

Team Intro : Hey guys, my first RMT on smogon and my first team that i actually got some success with but still this team can have some good improvements. I wanted to build something around volcanion and mega manectric and ended up with this. Lets get into it :)

The team and choices in detail :

Manectric-Mega @ Manectite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Mega Manectric is one of my favorite mega (don't judge me), it's fantastic speed after mega-evolving, intimidate annoying physical threats and it's the real momentum gainer for my team.
The EV spread is standard, volt switch helps in chipping damage and switching out of certain situations,
flamethrower hits bulky grass types and steels harder than hp ice. Thunderbolt hits hard and is the preferred move to seriously dent something and hp ice helps deal with lando-t switch-ins, dragons and other grounds in general.

Heatran @ Power Herb
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power

Heatran acts as the stall-breaker for the team while also providing a way to deal with grass and steel types. Magma storm hits hard and inflicts chip damage. Taunt for status control, power herb + solar beam deals with bulky water types and earth power for other heatrans. Heatran can also put in work and pressure bisharp and trap and eliminate clefable one on one with smooth functioning.

Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 80 HP / 196 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Next i wanted something to complete the volt-turn sets and check physical threats and have some defensive measures in my team. Intimidate + physical bulk + choice scarf help accumulate chip damage and check physical presence in opponent team. Maximum hp and defense for bulk. Earthquake hits what it's supposed to hit and helps making aggressive plays. U-turn for chip damage and slow u-turn helps me bring in something safely. Knock Off has amazing utility and getting rid of items of switch-ins helps and getting rid of choice items is definitely a plus. Finally superpower for additional offense and scarf gives speed control.

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 72 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA / 180 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Finally my best friend and one of the coolest looking pokemon, i love the choice specs set and it's just raw destruction. Specs is the best item atm. Water Absorb is amazing as i can predict scald/aqua jet in advance and volc checks azumarill to death. 72 Hp to tank some hits. max special atk to hit hard with modest and 180 speed creep to outspeed defensive lando-t which switches in a lot. Steam Eruption is scald on steroids and hits very hard, Flamethrower over f blast to hit accurate every time. Sludge bomb also hits altaria and does more damage than sludge wave over time with poison hax and finally hp grass to destroy rotom-wash and other water types who think they can switch around freely. The volt-turn core make full use of volcanion.

Ferrothorn @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave

Next, i wanted some spikes and utility and the search for bulky grass types starts and ends at ferrothorn. Chople berry allows me to withstand a focus blast and check some things that i normally cant. Stealth rock help increase hazard damage, leech seed helps in sacking and recovery, iron head for hitting fairies and hitting hard in general and finally thunder wave for hax and spreading that annoying yellow magic.

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
- Defog

Initially i had weavile in this last spot but after a few matches i realised how ridiculously weak to stealth rock i was, so i decided to go with offensive defog latios to have some offensive presence and remove hazards. Good speed, attacking hard. Draco Meteor hits hard and is the best stab to have, hp fire to deal with grass/steels and scizor, psyshock deals with special walls like chansey and various assault vest users like raikou, torn-t and conkeldurr. Finally defog clears hazards.

So, that was the team i managed to craft and suggestions and improvements are highly appreciated.

Importable :

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Defog

Heatran @ Power Herb
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Solar Beam
- Earth Power

Last edited:
hey Aman Indra, this team has some nice voltturn action to bring in LO tornt and specs volcanion, both of which can put in tons of work in the current meta. however, you are fairly weak to some common balance threats such as clefable if they manage to set up, and you struggle p heavily to pressure bisharp as ferrothorn lets it come in for free and landorus + manectric give it intimidate boosts if they come in on it. also, opposing manectric are a real nuisance to beat. let's get right into the rate.

+ -> i was noticing when i looked at your team that you had a fair bit of trouble w/ coming in on fast threats like mega alakazam and ice punch lop, as well as gengar and char-y. to help address the mega alakazam weakness, i'd recommend running chople ferrothorn to check it once or come in if they don't fb straight up and connect two of them. scarf landorus w/ some hp investment > defensive landorus would also be ideal because it can outspeed mega lop while doing a much better job of checking opposing mega manectric, as well as another means of checking opposing tornt. w/ about 80 HP evs, landorus can come in on life orb excadrill's iron head safely and check it.

-> -> the bisharp weakness is a major nuisance in terms of solutions. tornt provides a lot of stallbreaking utility which the team needs, but i think fast wisp heatran w/ magma storm is an appropriate replacement for this team. you have scarf landorus now for speed control, and with the speed you can will-o-wisp bisharp before they knock you off and then force 50/50s. plus, w/ magma storm + taunt + willo + earth power it can put in work against some stall builds while checking non-eq charx.

-> keldeo is a pretty massive nuisance to be blunt, you have hella checks but late game there's not much stopping a scarf keld sweep given that your lati doesn't have recover. recover > hp fire on latios would be a good change to make to ensure you don't get swept by scarf keld as easily, and it helps check char-y more than once. hp fire is also not a total necessity given that you have manectric and volcanion to pressure ferrothorn, as well as heatran that comes in and puts in work on ferro switchins. also as a last note overheat volcanion is really not too ideal, it doesn't get any notable kos that flamethrower / fire blast don't and gives stuff like band ttar more opportunities to come in which is already not a good thing for the team. i'd recommend switching to flamethrower for reliable stab but up to you of course.

i think that's about all, gl broski

Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earth Power

also ps that you can hide things by using hard brackers like so: [ , then putting hide=x, where x=whatever you want it to be like "importable", then ending the bracket with ]. at the bottom do the same but w/ /hide in the brackets instead

E: i should mention that max speed volcanion is also a viable option to speed tie w/ jolly bisharp

Last edited:
hey Aman Indra, this team has some nice voltturn action to bring in LO tornt and specs volcanion, both of which can put in tons of work in the current meta. however, you are fairly weak to some common balance threats such as clefable if they manage to set up, and you struggle p heavily to pressure bisharp as ferrothorn lets it come in for free and landorus + manectric give it intimidate boosts if they come in on it. also, opposing manectric are a real nuisance to beat. let's get right into the rate.

+ -> i was noticing when i looked at your team that you had a fair bit of trouble w/ coming in on fast threats like mega alakazam and ice punch lop, as well as gengar and char-y. to help address the mega alakazam weakness, i'd recommend running chople ferrothorn to check it once or come in if they don't fb straight up and connect two of them. scarf landorus w/ some hp investment > defensive landorus would also be ideal because it can outspeed mega lop while doing a much better job of checking opposing mega manectric, as well as another means of checking opposing tornt. w/ about 80 HP evs, landorus can come in on life orb excadrill's iron head safely and check it.

-> -> the bisharp weakness is a major nuisance in terms of solutions. tornt provides a lot of stallbreaking utility which the team needs, but i think fast wisp heatran w/ magma storm is an appropriate replacement for this team. you have scarf landorus now for speed control, and with the speed you can will-o-wisp bisharp before they knock you off and then force 50/50s. plus, w/ magma storm + taunt + willo + earth power it can put in work against some stall builds while checking non-eq charx.

-> keldeo is a pretty massive nuisance to be blunt, you have hella checks but late game there's not much stopping a scarf keld sweep given that your lati doesn't have recover. recover > hp fire on latios would be a good change to make to ensure you don't get swept by scarf keld as easily, and it helps check char-y more than once. hp fire is also not a total necessity given that you have manectric and volcanion to pressure ferrothorn, as well as heatran that comes in and puts in work on ferro switchins. also as a last note overheat volcanion is really not too ideal, it doesn't get any notable kos that flamethrower / fire blast don't and gives stuff like band ttar more opportunities to come in which is already not a good thing for the team. i'd recommend switching to flamethrower for reliable stab but up to you of course.

i think that's about all, gl broski

Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Flamethrower
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch

Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Superpower

Volcanion @ Choice Specs
Modest Nature
- Steam Eruption
- Flamethrower
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Iron Head
- Thunder Wave

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Recover
- Defog

Heatran @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Earth Power

also ps that you can hide things by using hard brackers like so: [ , then putting hide=x, where x=whatever you want it to be like "importable", then ending the bracket with ]. at the bottom do the same but w/ /hide in the brackets instead

E: i should mention that max speed volcanion is also a viable option to speed tie w/ jolly bisharp
Well yeah most of the things you mentioned make sense and thanks for a serious rate btw, i will definitely test heatran instead of torn-t and see how it goes, hidden power fire on latios gives me something to hit scizor with since many times latios just gets u-turned to death, but recover does seem like a safer option, scarf landorus seems great since many opposing volcanion are now speed-creeping defensive lando-t (including mine). Also right now i am fiddling with expert belt volcanion to bluff the specs and net some surprise, so plenty to update from tests xd. Thanks again mate :D. also now no stealth rocker is there on my team ? and why iron head instead of gyro ball on ferrothorn ? lol so spikes got switched with rocks on ferro ?... ooh boy i learned that hard way sorry bro that costed me a game lol

Last edited:
Well yeah most of the things you mentioned make sense and thanks for a serious rate btw, i will definitely test heatran instead of torn-t and see how it goes, hidden power fire on latios gives me something to hit scizor with since many times latios just gets u-turned to death, but recover does seem like a safer option, scarf landorus seems great since many opposing volcanion are now speed-creeping defensive lando-t (including mine). Also right now i am fiddling with expert belt volcanion to bluff the specs and net some surprise, so plenty to update from tests xd. Thanks again mate :D. also now no stealth rocker is there on my team ? and why iron head instead of gyro ball on ferrothorn ? lol so spikes got switched with rocks on ferro ?... ooh boy i learned that hard way sorry bro that costed me a game lol
Uh on mobile rn but basically twave plus gyro is super counterproductive because if you twave a threat like gengar or mega zam gyro won't do anything to them once they're slowed down. Also clef commonly runs ivs to stall out ferro's gyro balls because of its limited pp, if clef has been twaved you can iron head flinch it if it's twave as well or wall it with heatran if it's flamethrower. Finally I went with rocks ferro over spikes because you still need a rocker and defog plus spikes isn't particularly effective on builds that don't have big defensive backbones, I suppose you could go with rocks tran and spikes ferro but it's fairly suboptimal here without changing a bunch more mons ie lati to starmie for spin and then it's messy

Uh on mobile rn but basically twave plus gyro is super counterproductive because if you twave a threat like gengar or mega zam gyro won't do anything to them once they're slowed down. Also clef commonly runs ivs to stall out ferro's gyro balls because of its limited pp, if clef has been twaved you can iron head flinch it if it's twave as well or wall it with heatran if it's flamethrower. Finally I went with rocks ferro over spikes because you still need a rocker and defog plus spikes isn't particularly effective on builds that don't have big defensive backbones, I suppose you could go with rocks tran and spikes ferro but it's fairly suboptimal here without changing a bunch more mons ie lati to starmie for spin and then it's messy
Damn, weavile really is a nuisance for this team in the tests so far, really had tough time with him, also scizor came in on latios quite often so i again switched to hp fire instead of recover. Also team updated with heatran and set changes, i will upload replays as i have more and more matches on the ladder.

Last edited:
The team looks pretty fresh.

The first change that I would suggest is Power Herb and Solarbeam>Lefties and Will-o-wisp. I'm actually not a super huge fan of solartran normally, but it's amazing in conjunction with volcanion. Many bulky waters, such as Slowbro, switch in on heatran only to be trapped by magma storm and removed by Solarbeam. Volcanion appreciates this immensely, as some bulky waters tend to switch in on it.

I don't really have anymore rates, just remember to play carefully around sand teams, as excadrill can quickly cut down this team in the sand besides Landorus.

The team looks pretty fresh.

The first change that I would suggest is Power Herb and Solarbeam>Lefties and Will-o-wisp. I'm actually not a super huge fan of solartran normally, but it's amazing in conjunction with volcanion. Many bulky waters, such as Slowbro, switch in on heatran only to be trapped by magma storm and removed by Solarbeam. Volcanion appreciates this immensely, as some bulky waters tend to switch in on it.

I don't really have anymore rates, just remember to play carefully around sand teams, as excadrill can quickly cut down this team in the sand besides Landorus.
Thanks for the rate mate :D, indeed right and i did nail that keldeo switch-in with solar beam, respectable change, team updated. Still sand offense is tearing my team apart, any suggestions to counter sand offense in a smooth way without changing the team around too much ?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)