Mega Mania (Playable on Aqua)

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Mega Mania
This generation Gamefreak added a new feature to Pokemon: Mega Evolution. In this Metagame everything gets a Mega Evolution! Though we're unable to give every Pokemon a custom Mega evolution to give different changes.

Because of this, we have a static Stat increase for every Pokemon.
For Normal Pokemon: +0 | +30 | +20 | +10 | +20 | +20
100 | 80 | 100 | 70 | 100 | 70
110 | 165 | 80 | 60 | 85 | 108
91 | 159 | 110 | 82 | 110 | 128
For Shiny Pokemon: +0 | +10 | +20 | +30 | +20 | +20
95 | 80 | 93 | 125 | 110 | 80
72 | 105 | 87 | 133 | 91 | 142
91 | 100 | 116 | 160 | 116 | 97

Now we've only talked about the stats.. Another important change with Mega Evolutions are the abilities. They can make, or break a 'mon. In this Metagame, you'll put another ability under your normal ability in the Import/Export window. This ability will be the ability of your mega.* (Note: I'm fine with you selecting the Mega's ability while teambuilding as well with it reverting to the standard ability when the battle begins, but it limits which abilities the base form can use. Which might matter at times)

Finally you need a way to mega evolve! There will be one new item in the game. The Mega Stone. This Mega Stone will work on all Pokemon and apply these changes during Mega Evolution.

Banlist:
- Currently OU Clauses.
- Arena Trap**
- Huge Power**
- Imposter**
- Moody**
- Parental Bond**
- Pure Power**
- Shadow Tag**
- Wonder Guard**
- Regigigas
- Slaking

FAQ:
- What about old Mega Evolutions?
Old Mega Evolutions will still be able to mega evolve with their old Mega Stone.

- Can old Mega Evolutions get a new Mega Evolution?
Yes, they can just get their new one using the new item: "Mega Stone".

- How many Mega Evolutions are allowed on a team?
Still only one. The new Mega Evolutions appear to be extremely powerful, so they better be limited.

- How can I select the Mega Evolutions ability
It has not been coded yet. So there's no final answer. Read the abilities section for my ideas.

I'm open for suggestions, but this is the idea!

*If you don't include a new ability, you'll inherit the old one. Some abilities might be banned.
**These abilities are banned from giving them to your new Mega Evolution. They can be given to Mega Evolutions of Pokemon who have these abilities already.

Approved by Eevee General on PS!

Could be mixed with Stats Switch or something like that, I mean e.g. the player chooses how the 100 bonus points given by the mega-evolution are given to the mega-evolved Pokémon (as an example the mega would be named +0/+50/-10/+60/0 or... you know)

All hail the ability to put any -ate Ability on any Pokemon I want!

(And then they were all banned because No Fun Allowed)

But seriously, great meta.

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
hm...what about typing? certain pokemon are capable of changing type upon mega evolution, possibly make it so it can change typing to any type of move it currently has thats over 65 base power on its better attack stat maybe?

it would also be really nice if we could kinda "fix up" past megas so we can give audino regen, slowbro (allthough shell armor is amazing)regenerator, etc. without having to give it that god awful spread to it.

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Really good metagame Snaq.

Just some things I can think of:
Another metagame where Noivern gets STAB Boomburst. Also Mamoswine Refrigerate Double-Edge from a 155 Atk stat and Aerilate Extremespeed Dragonite *flees*
Blissey with 30 Def is as bulky as Chansey and doesn't even need Eviolite. Fur Coat, Magic Bounce, Regenerator, Unaware (especially Fur Coat) *flees again*
Adaptability Bisharp (abusing Defiant pre-evo) and Gale Wings Braviary both have an amazing ability just like in AAA but get a base atk over 150

Looks very cool to play although there are many broken mons in the tier at the moment

This is a really cool idea. Like AAA, except way less broken things (I hope) because you can't hold an item. The lack of an item does mean no poison heal, but oh well. Fur Coat should be banned ASAP, its like a defensive version of huge power. For some cool sets, look to AAA. Gale wings pokemon, tough claws, adaptability, and sheer force on everything... should be fun. Also, something I noticed:
Mega Lucario: 70/145/88/140/70/112
Lucario: 70/120/90/145/90/110 or 70/140/90/125/90/110
And you can run any ability, so this is basically mega lucario with slightly better defenses.

Last edited:
Since refrigerate/pixilate/aerilate mons will be everywhere, I expect Heatran to do well. Levitate would be cool and also unexpected to troll Aerilate Landorus-T and Refridgerate Mamoswine, but more 'standard' abilities such as Fur Coat, Regenerator, Magic Bounce etc would also be great.

In general its hard to predict what the metagame is gonna look like since megas are going to be so OP. It'll be hard to prepare for everything, so being creative will be key. Most good teams will need to have answers to the standard OP mons such as FC Blissey, Aerilate Dragonite and Refrigerate Mamoswine/Weavile, but you just can't prepare yourself for everything.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Hello talonflame

Mega Talon (not shiny ofc eww)

78/111/91/84/89/146

Bye Mega Beedrill :D

Last edited:
Tinted Lens Mega Azumarill with base 80 attack/70 spa means not even mega saur is safe from this monster's waterfalls/play roughs

Oh God, they forgot to ban Archeops. It even gets aerilate for powerful flying stabs.
75/170/85/122/85/130 with a fairly good movepool and nice abilities. Also, Kyub, 'Nuff said.

Contrary Virizion with Superpower or Close Combat.
Sap Sipper Swampert.
Storm Drain or Water Absorb Camerupt.
Simple Volcarona.

This meta seems like fun. Is it already implemented on Showdown?

All hail the ability to put any -ate Ability on any Pokemon I want!

(And then they were all banned because No Fun Allowed)

But seriously, great meta.
Better get to submitting your idea quick then I think. Snaquaza here has almost done it himself!

On another note, Sheer Force Mega Celebi? Tough Claws Mega Victini? Yes plz!

Also lol Mega Ditto.

Hmm... how to make my main bro Flygon good?

Adaptability with a magnezone? That could be cool I suppose.
Shiny with "ilate" abilty and boomburst for epic mixed set? Interesting to say the least, but it lacks power overall. (110,110 offenses)
Tough claws. Well, it's better than life orb.
Intimdate's nice. Maybe he'd be a good offensive hazard remover.
Protean:... We know how that dance goes. Even better for the mixed set.
Speed Boost:and no swords dance... dammit.
Mold Breaker:Ok that make sense.

GOT IT: Contrary, Earthquake, Superpower, Outrage, Roost

There, that ought'a do it.

And by that ought'a do it, I mean watch out for freak'n contrary. It will probably break everything that learns superpower and draco meteor.
Protean too
And speed boost
and maybe Serene Grace?

Is there any possibility of adding in analogous defensive Mega spreads (perhaps by keying them to the Pokemon's name or certain happiness values)?

It makes sense (for me at least) to compare this to AAA to start out -- at least on the level of individual sets for the new megas. On the level of the meta, obviously, things will be different -- namely, these busted megas will largely need to be handled by standard OU mons. Clefable will probably be a staple.

Off the top of my head, some things you can do here but not in AAA provided no further bans:
- Simple: Could be instrumental in handling fur coat users, and boost Ditto's vability. QD Volcarona, DD Tyranitar/Dragonite, CM Lati@s/Suicune, SD Bisharp, and TG Manaphy all come to mind.
- Contrary: Self-explanatory. Leaf Storm / Overheat / Draco Meteor users, V-Create Victini, Superpower / Close Combat Terrakion, the list goes on.
- Speed Boost: Crap. Scizor looks like a great speed passer (or just using the boosts itself), as does Mienshao (Fake Out + Regenerator). +3/+N Manaphy should be a terror. In my experience, Speed boost + V-Create is a great combo. Possibilities are endless; look into bulky users.
- Protean: I only started playing AAA after Protean was b&, but I'm sure other people remember a few good abusers. Same goes with Aerilate.
- Fur Coat: Covered by other people in this thread (mfw Blissey with effective 255/109/139 bulk), but also a good ability on Calm Mind users.
- Archeops: Adaptability, Magic Guard, Tough Claws. Its item slot is used up, which makes me more okay with it being used here, but it's still very much on track to be a top-tier Mega Evolver.
- Kyurem-B: Who was it that said that the cube will eat you if you let it? Yeah.
- Weavile: Its Refrigerate set got banned from AAA, back with better stats here.

In terms of things that really appreciate the stat boosts in particular, well, everything. I dunno, the only stuff that REALLY appreciates modest increases to certain stats are things sitting at a weird speed tier (base-100s?) and things with really high HP but low defenses (pink blobs, Alomomola).

Other than the above, you're probably just going to be seeing the same sets from AAA but with better stats. Adaptability, Prankster, Magic Bounce, Mold Breaker, stuff like that.

Some of this stuff got said already because I was busy typing this post up but idc enough to go back and edit.

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Oh my I like Mega Crawdaunt

63/150/105/100/75/75
If people kept Adaptability on it, really nothing will even appreciate an Aqua Jet from it. I personally love this meta already.

EDIT: This seems like a pretty accurate check for Talonflame!

dhelmise

banend doosre
Social Media Head
Good (potential) sets for Mega Mania!

There can and most likely will be multiple sets for Pokemon.
If you have any sets, suggest them! They will be added here! Include them in the following format:
Pokemon-Mega

New BST: x/x/x/x/x/x

Name @ Mega Stone
Ability: x
Shiny: Yes (If wanted to be special)
EVs: x stat / x Stat / x Stat
x Nature
- x Move
- x Move
- x Move
- x Move
This is where the sets will be archived:

Crawdaunt-Mega
Submitted by Langur
New BST: 63/150/105/100/75/75

Crawdaunt @ Mega Stone
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Dragon Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off

Crawdaunt-Mega
Submitted by FlameUser64
New BST: 63/150/105/100/75/75

Crawdaunt @ Mega Stone
Ability: Technician
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Aqua Jet
- Swords Dance / Dragon Dance
- Rock Tomb
- Aerial Ace

Talonflame-Mega
Submitted by Langur
New BST: 78/111/91/84/89/146

Talonflame @ Mega Stone
Ability: Aerilate
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Quick Attack
- Brave Bird / Return

Ninjask-Mega
Submitted by Langur
New BST: 61/120/65/60/70/180

Ninjask @ Mega Stone
Abillity: Aerilate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Roost
- Return
- Swords Dance

Staraptor-Mega
Submitted by Chopin Alkaninoff
New BST: 85/150/90/60/80/120

Staraptor @ Mega Stone
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat
- U-turn
- Roost

Dragonite-Mega
New BST: 91/164/115/110/120/100

Dragonite @ Mega Stone
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly / Hasty Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Extremespeed
- Earthquake
- Roost / Fire Blast

Salamence-Mega
Submitted by Langur
New BST: 95/165/120/100/120/120

Salamence @ Mega Stone
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Return
- Dragon Dance
- Roost
- Dragon Claw

Hydreigon-Mega
Submitted by Pagoose
New BST: 95/115/110/155/110/118

Hydreigon @ Mega Stone
Ability: Mega Launcher
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Naive / Timid Nature
- Dragon Pulse
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon / Iron Tail
- Superpower / Focus Blast / Fire Blast

Victini-Mega
Submitted by FlameUser64
New BST: 100/110/120/130/120/120

Victini @ Mega Stone
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- V-create
- Overheat
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Dragalge-Mega
Submitted by Langur
New BST: 65/85/100/127/143/64

Dragalge @ Mega Stone
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 8 Def / 248 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave / Sludge Bomb
- Draco Meteor
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast

Dragalge-Mega
Submitted by FlameUser64
New BST: 65/85/100/127/143/64

Dragalge @ Mega Stone
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 8 Def / 248 SpA / 252 SpD
Modest Nature
- Sludge Wave
- Draco Meteor / Thunderbolt
- Scald
- Focus Blast

Goodra-Mega
Suggested by Langur
New BST: 90/110/90/140/170/100

Goodra @ Mega Stone
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 216 SpA / 40 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest / Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Thunderbolt
- Sludge Wave

Zapdos-Mega
Submitted by Official Fissure
New BST: 90/100/105/155/110/120

Zapdos @ Mega Stone
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 4 SpD / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Zap cannon
- Heat Wave
- Volt Switch
- Roost

None Yet

Blissey-Mega
New BST: 255/20/30/105/155/75

Blissey @ Mega Stone
Ability: Fur Coat
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Flamethrower
- Toxic

Approved by Snaquaza

Proof of approval
[16:57] Langur: hi
[16:57] +Snaquaza: hey n_n
[16:57] Langur: can i reserve a post in your new OM and list some good sets in it?
[16:58] +Snaquaza: sure!
[16:58] Langur: good potential sets
[16:58] Langur: that is
[16:58] Langur: thank you!

Last edited:
Oh my I like Mega Crawdaunt

63/150/105/100/75/75
If people kept Adaptability on it, really nothing will even appreciate an Aqua Jet from it. I personally love this meta already.

EDIT: This seems like a pretty accurate check for Talonflame!
Technician makes its Aqua Jet hit even harder, but I don't know what else it would abuse with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)