Pet Mod Mega Revolution

:mawile-mega:
Stats: 105/55/85/85/50/50
Typing:

Abilities: Intimidate/Sheer Force/Huge Power
Movepool Additions: Bullet Punch, Curse, Jaw Lock, Lick
Niche:Take Azumarill, give it an (arguably) better type, better coverage and stealth rock, you remove belly drum, tweak the stats to get better substitutes, slightly more physical bulk and more atk in exchange for less special bulk, and you get this. The spa is at the same level as nidoking, so a special set is actually usable.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Doing a review

:swsh/gardevoir-mega:
Mega being Revolved: Gardevoir
New Pokémon Name: Gardengel
Stats: 88/45/85/125/115/100 BST: 55
Typing: Fairy/Fighting
Abilities: Serene Grace/Pixilate HA: Levitate
Movepool Additions: Gardevoir + Aura Sphere, Hurricane, Inferno, Recycle
Niche:

:swsh/altaria-mega:
Mega being Revolved: Altaria
New Pokémon Name: Peniotaria
Stats: 80/90/110/90/110/50 BST: 530
Typing: Fairy/Flying
Abilities: Pixilate HA: Sturdy
Movepool Additions: Altaria + Recover, Detect, Solar Blade, Hypnosis, Simple Beam
Niche:

:swsh/mawile-mega:
Mega being Revolved: Mawile
New Pokémon Name: Mawinity
Stats: 80/105/95/35/75/70 BST: 460
Typing: Steel/Fairy
Abilities: Huge Power/Intimidate HA: Strong Jaw
Movepool Additions: None
Niche:
Mawile is WAYYYY to strong, sorry. Look at Azumarill and Diggersby's attack stat. Even Medicham Mega who has 75 and has no form of boosting hits harder than Kartana. This Pokemon has Swords Dance and items. It's WAYYYY too strong. Heavily nerf it's Attack please.

:ss/gardevoir-mega:
New Pokemon Name: Gardiennesis (Gardienne + Kinesis)
Stats: 78/75/75/125/115/90 [BST:558]
Typing: Psychic / Fairy
Abilities: Trace / Forewarn | Pixilate
Movepool Addition: -
Niche: So I think you can run something like Choice Scarf with it. Dancer can be used to copy Quiver Dance to boost up its special and speed stat. Trace can be used to check the ability opposing pokemon has. Forewarn can be used to check a move. Pixilate is obviously pair with the already existed Hyper Voice/Beam.

:ss/altaria-mega:
Mega being Revolved: Altaria
New Pokemon Name: Cloufoul (Cloud + Foul)
Stats: 85/70/110/80/105/90 [BST:540]
Typing: Dragon / Fairy
Abilities: Pixilate | Cloud Nine
Movepool Additions: Dark Pulse, False Surrender, Foul Play, Nasty Plot
Niche: Able to run Nasty Plot sweeper set. Able to run Dragon Dance sweeper set too. Any of its abilities can make usage even if they are unnecessary, they aren't completely useless. Pixilate can be used to turn Giga Impact/Hyper Beam to fairy type and boost them even more. Cloud Nine already have obvious reason for them.

:ss/mawile-mega:
Pokemon being Revolve: Mawile
New Pokemon Name: Jawallow (Jaw + Swallow)
Stats: 85/45/85/115/80/50 [BST:460]
Typing: Steel / Fairy
Abilities: Huge Power / Intimidate | Steelworker
Movepool Additions: Moonblast, Nasty Plot, Power Gem
Niche: Physical is still usable. Special is now usable too. Buy physical is only viable due to Huge Power, while special is always viable with any ability. can even run mixed. Steelworker for more STAB steel type damage which is always good to have. Intimidate is here because it is always good to just check any physical attacker.

And since I am not good at writing niche at all, I'm sorry for that. And if you have any suggestion, you can tell me about them.

Edit1: Delete Natural Cure from Cloufoul because it could have only 2 abilities and I just remember about it.
Edit2: Gardiennix > Gardiennesis. Nothing connected to Fire type and moves anymore, so turn back to Psychic / Fairy type and remove all movepool additions.
Soulwallow > Jawallow. Nothing connected to Ghost type anymore, so turn back to Steel / Fairy type and remove Psyshock and Shadow Sneak from movepool additions.
Should let you know for Maw, I'd bump the attack stat a small bit. 45 even with HP is kinda on the low end.

First time trying this out, let's go
:xy/gardevoir-mega:
New Pokémon Name: Auriess (Aura + Princess)
Stats: 98 (+30) / 50 (-15) / 110 (+45) / 110 (-15) / 130 (+15) / 60 (-20) (558 BST)
Typing: Psychic / Fairy
Abilities: Pixilate / Trace / Analytic
Movepool Additions: Recover
Niche: An attempt at a mon that fulfills a role in between "bulky and slow" and "fast and frail".
I personally think the previous iteration of the stat spread you posted in discord makes more sense. That spread was distinctly that of an attacker with extra bulk, but this one seems like it's trying to directly compete as a defensive Fairy, and we have ALOT of those already.

:ss/Gardevoir-Mega:
New Pokémon Name: Emodide
Stats: 68/65/135/125/100
Typing: Psychic/Fairy
Abilities: Psychic Surge/Trace/Pixilate
Movepool Additions: None
Niche: Just Gardevoir but stronger. Nothing else. Gardevoir is boring.

:ss/Mawile-Mega:
Mega being Revolved: Mega Mawile
New Pokémon Name: Trajaw
Stats: 90/90/115/55/60/50
Typing: Steel/Dark
Abilities: Huge Power/Intimidate/Strong Jaw
Movepool Additions: Poison Fang
Niche: Slow Kartana that prefers immediate power over snowballing.
Just like what I told Main Mon. This thing is much too strong. Remember the power level of existing non mega Huge Power mons, especially ones with boosting. Please implement a nerd quickly.

Emodide has 5 stats btw. Pokemon traditionally have 6.

Mega being Revolved: Mega Gardevoir
New Pokémon Name: Gardame (Garde + Madame)
Stats: 88 | 95 | 95 | 115 | 115 | 50 (558)
Typing:

Abilities: Synchronize | Pixilate | Trace (HA)
Movepool Additions: Bulk Up, Play Rough, Moonlight
Niche: Gardame serves as a bit of a versatile mon. It has good bulk and good coverage with decent set-up options. Psychic/Fairy is a great typing defensively and offensively since it doesn't need many coverage moves to hit everything super effectively.

Mega being Revolved: Mega Altaria
New Pokémon Name: Altixi (Altus + Pixi)
Stats: 90 | 90 | 90 | 90 | 105 | 65 (530)
Typing:

Abilities: Pixilate | Natural Cure (HA)
Movepool Additions: Brave Bird, Dual Wingbeat, Hurricane
Niche: This one is a bit boring, but like Gardame it has good bulk and good typing. With Natural Cure it has a good defensive role and with Pixilate it has good offensive potential.

Mega being Revolved: Mega Mawile
New Pokémon Name: Mawricious (Maw - Ferocious)
Stats: 65 | 100 | 100 | 65 | 65 | 65 (460)
Typing:

Abilities: Strong Jaw | Intimidate | Huge Power (HA)
Movepool Additions: Bullet Punch
Niche: Imagine Scizor with better typing and Huge Power. Alongside Sucker Punch it can really screw up many faster Pokémon with Bullet Punch and Sucker Punch and with its raw power it can murder slower walls.
See above in regards to Mawile.
My thoughts on Gardevoir is that it seems to be trying to do several things without really commiting to a particular role. I get it's hard differentiating, but a jack of all trades approach probably won't be viable long term.
:mawile-mega:
Stats: 105/55/85/85/50/50
Typing:

Abilities: Intimidate/Sheer Force/Huge Power
Movepool Additions: Curse, Destiny Bond, Grudge, Hex, Lick, Phantom Force, Poltergeist, Shadow Punch, Shadow Sneak, Spite, Will-o-Wisp
Niche:Take Azumarill, give it an (arguably) better type, better coverage and stealth rock/will-o-wisp, you remove belly drum, tweak the stats to get better substitutes, slightly more physical bulk and more atk in exchange for less special bulk, and you get this. The spa is at the same level as nidoking, so a special set is actually usable.
Fairy typing is Mandatory this slate.

Mawile is WAYYYY to strong, sorry. Look at Azumarill and Diggersby's attack stat. Even Medicham Mega who has 75 and has no form of boosting hits harder than Kartana. This Pokemon has Swords Dance and items. It's WAYYYY too strong. Heavily nerf it's Attack please.
Just a quick post to emphasize on what G-Luke said, to show just how strong Huge Power is, and why an attacking stat around 90 and above is absurdly overpowered.
Just some numbers for comparison: fully invested in Atk, 90 Atk Huge Power Mawile reaches a whopping 612, approx. the power of a 252+ Atk Choice Band Pheromosa. Already pretty powerful; but MMawile is supposed to hit like a truck.
However, when you start taking into account the fact that it can itself hold a Choice Band, you reach the terrifying number of 918 Atk. For reference: that is somewhere between a +2 252+ Atk Kyurem-Black (896) and a +2 252 Atk Kartana (922).
Now keeping in mind that Mawile also has Swords Dance AND priority in the form of Sucker Punch, and can run anything from Choice Band to Life Orb and things like Pixie Plate to bait a choice item, I think it's pretty clear that its attacking stat should not be above Mediscend's, who has high raw power but no utility or set-up option, and no better priority than Bullet Punch and/or Fake Out.

TL;DR: Huge Power is crazy good, and no Attacking stat that would be good on a regular mon should be given to a Huge Power mon.

shadowpea

everyone is lonely sometimes
is a Tiering Contributor
Just to clarify, Mega Medicham has base 100 Atk, not 75 or something like that. But its balanced because its forced into a megastone (so no Choice Band or LO) and as other people said it can't boost its Attack outside of Meditate.
Yes I've been following this thread for like a month ever since I last posted here :P

G-Luke

Just to clarify, Mega Medicham has base 100 Atk, not 75 or something like that. But its balanced because its forced into a megastone (so no Choice Band or LO) and as other people said it can't boost its Attack outside of Meditate.
Yes I've been following this thread for like a month ever since I last posted here :P
Sorry for the confusion, when I said Medicham Mega I was referring to the Revolved beast now known as Mediscend

G-Luke

:ss/Gardevoir-Mega:
Mega being Revolved: Mega Gardevoir
New Pokémon Name: Gardellina (Garde + Ballerina)
Stats: 73 HP / 65 Atk / 65 Def / 135 SpA / 120 SpD / 100 SpD | BST: 558
Typing:

Abilities: Trace / Pixilate | Telepathy (HA)
Movepool Additions: Recover
Niche: Gardellina is a strong special attacker, hitting that funky 100 base speed tier and it's powerful Fairy STAB.

:ss/Altaria-Mega:
New Pokémon Name: Faeronimbo (Fae + Aero + Nimbus)
Stats: 85 HP / 80 Atk / 100 Def / 90 SpA / 115 SpD / 70 Spe | BST: 540
Typing:

Abilities: Pixilate | Cloud Nine (HA)
Movepool Additions: Play Rough, Bulk Up, Hurricane, Draining Kiss
Niche: A defensive Fairy type that can serve as a check to various Dark type in the tier.

Voting has now commenced. ChoiceScarfed and MainMon's Mawiles are disqualified, as they are still deemed too powerful.

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

1. The Damned - Gracefuld
  2. G-Luke - Gardellina
  3. Revenge of Depressed Gay - Widowoir

1. Gyltia - Baritaria
  2. G-Luke - Faeronimbo
  3. ViZar - Altixi

1. kakaks - Mawtaley
  2. El Cadaver - Malickey
  3. The Damned - Halonosis

Last edited:
These should be my final votes unlike last time since I'm rather sure I'd prefer whatever version of Altaria-Mega that wins to keep Cloud Nine at this point. Apologies, Gyltia, especially since you rightfully pointed out the Fluffy thing with regards to Ramjestic.

:Gardevoir-Mega: Gardevoir-Mega: Gyltia, ViZar, War Incarnate

:Altaria-Mega: Altaria-Mega: G-Luke, kakaks, Lapzaplerq

:Mawile-Mega: Mawile-Mega: The Damned, Ema Skye, kakaks

Have a good weekend everyone. Stay safe. (Your Mawile-Mega entry still technically needs a name though, Ema Skye.)

G-Luke

Winners
Congrats to the winners!

New Pokémon Name: Baritaria (Baritone + Aria)
Stats: 75 / 100 / 95 / 60 / 130 / 80 (540 BST)
Typing:

Abilities: Natural Cure / Pixilate
Movepool Additions: N/A
Niche: I opted against giving this Fluffy despite the obvious flavor argument, because it would simply outclass Ramjestic in every way. Instead, I tried to make this into a bulky Dragon Dancer, much like Zygarde, who probably only uses one attack (pixilate Body Slam or Double-Edge, your call). I replicated Zygarde’s bulk but made it SpDef instead, while not moving the HP, because Altaria has naturally high SpDef. Doesn't have Glare or a STAB as spammable as Tarrows, but makes up for it thanks to its access to recovery, defog, and overall good utility.

Mega being Revolved: Gardevoir-Mega
New Pokémon Name: Gracefuld ("graceful" + "fold")
Stats: 70 HP / 55 Atk / 78 Def / 130 SpA / 125 SpD / 100 Spe
Typing:
/

Abilities: Pixilate / Trace / Queenly Majesty (hidden ability)
Movepool Additions: Burning Jealousy, Rapid Spin, U-Turn
Niche: I've made it well known how much I despise pivoting moves in most circumstances, but I figure that here it would make sense to give it more here while also making Revolved Gardevoir-Mega significantly faster. After all, it would need something to else to separate it from not only Tapu Lele, but also the fact that we still have at least three Mega pokemon to revolve that will definitely end up being Psychic. So U-Turn and Rapid Spin should be fine off of Gracefuld's even lower Attack stat I hope.
Mega being Revolved: :mawile-mega:
New Pokémon Name: Mawtale
Stats: 70, 60, 125, 110, 70, 25
Typing: Fairy, Dark
Abilities: Sheer Force, Intimidate, Huge Power
Movepool Additions: Dazzling Gleam
Niche:

Congratz to all the participants!

Next Slate is one that is pretty wild and varied based on how you want to go with it

Slate 10: Them Kanto Bois
:ss/beedrill-mega: :ss/pidgeot-mega: :ss/alakazam-mega: :ss/aerodactyl-mega:

Last Four Megas left from the Kanto Region!

Requirements

- All Megas are treated as regular evolutions. Alakazam-Mega and Aerodactyl-Mega both have up to +30 bst to distribute. Pidgeot-Mega has up to +60 bst to distribute, and Beedrill-Mega has a beefy maximum of +70 BST to distribute.
- Alakazam-Mega must keep its Psychic typing; Beedrill-Mega must have at least one of its typings (whether primary or secondary.); Aerodactyl-Mega must remain Rock / Flying; Pidgeot-Mega must keep its Flying typing.
- Three abilities max for every Pokémon.

Last edited:
:ss/beedrill-mega:
Mega being Revolved: Mega Beedrill
New Pokémon Name: Horneedle (Hornet + Needle)
Stats: 75/125/60/15/80/110 [BST 465]
Typing: Bug/Poison
Abilities: Swarm/Adaptability
Movepool Additions: N/A
Niche: Having base 15 special attack ... also being a sweeper who pretty much needs boots to avoid getting cocked by rocks.

:ss/pidgeot-mega:
Mega being Revolved: Mega Pidgeot
New Pokémon Name: Pidgeta (Pidgeot + Vegeta)
Stats: 88/80/75/110/75/111 [BST 539]
Typing: Fighting/Flying
Abilities: No Guard/Tangled Feet/Technician
Movepool Additions: Focus Blast, Vacuum Wave, Icy Wind
Niche: A special sweeper that can take advantage of its less than stellar special movepool thanks to No Guard and Technician as its abilities. It also went super saiyan despite it being a bird so uhh yeah it's a fighting type now.

:ss/aerodactyl-mega:
Mega being Revolved: Mega Aerodactyl
New Pokémon Name: Terrodactyl (Terror+ Aerodactyl)
Stats: 95/105/75/60/75/135 [BST 545]
Typing: Rock/Flying
Abilities: Rock Head/Pressure/Tough Claws
Movepool Additions: Brave Bird
Niche: A mon that is fuck you fast and can hit like a truck thanks to tough claws and its new STABs. Likewise you can go the rockhead route and exchange that power for added durability.

:ss/alakazam-mega:
Mega being Revolved: Mega Alakazam
New Pokémon Name: Hokuzpokas (Hocus Pocus)
Stats: 75/50/100/135/100/70 BST 530]
Typing: Psychic
Abilities: Trace/Inner Focus/Magic Guard
Movepool Additions: Mystical Fire, Scorching Sands
Niche: Fun fact I found it dumb that mega alakzam got a speed boost when it was just sitting down. Anyway Maz Koshia over here is now a special wallbreaker instead of a special sweeper with two new additions that allow it to give it a more varied movepool than before.

Last edited:

Ema Skye

Work!
Mega being Revolved: Beedrill
New Pokémon Name: Spurnet [spurn/spear + hornet]
Stats: 75 / 120 / 70 / 15 / 80 / 105 [465 bst]
Typing: Steel / Poison
Abilities: Adaptability / Sniper
Movepool Additions: Iron Head, Megahorn, Icicle Spear, Bullet Punch, Steel Beam, Superpower
Niche: Fairy slayer. Can come in on virtually every Fairy due to 4x resisting STAB and forces them out. U-Turn still pivots. Icicle Spear deters Grounds and fits with Beedrill's JPN name [Spear]. Bullet Punch gives it some priority to revenge. Steel Beam is lol but every Steel-type gets it. Megahorn and Superpower are coverage options, which were based on Escavalier who has the whole 'spear arms' thing.

Mega being Revolved: Alakazam
New Pokemon Name: Cauljuring [cauldron + conjuring]
Stats: 80 / 40 / 80 / 110 / 110 / 110
Type: Psychic/Steel
Abilities: Trace / Inner Focus | Magic Guard
Movepool Additions: Doom Desire, Wish, Steel Beam, Flash Cannon
Niche: Future Sight is highly useful in OU, and so Conjouring takes it up a level with Doom Desire. This lets it pressure Fairy types from coming in, letting it pair well with Dragons. Can still use Future Sight as well, so it can support a wide array of Pokemon.

Mega being Revolved: Pidgeot
New Pokemon Name: Pidgaeon [pidgeon + aegeon]
Stats: 68 / 100 / 65 / 100 / 65 / 141
Type: Dragon / Flying
Abilities: Keen Eye / No Guard | Competitive
Movepool Additions: Dual Wingbeat, Thunderbolt, Thunder, Focus Blast, Hydro Pump, Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Dragon Rush, Dragon Dance, Draco Meteor, Dragon Pulse
Niche: mini-Dragapult here gets an amazing speed tier for this meta and some interesting options. Dragon Dance sets gain Dragon Rush as a useful Dragon STAB, with No Guard guaranteeing it hits. Special sets get some great coverage options but must settle for Work Up to boost.

Last edited:

AquaticPanic

Intentional Femboy Penguin
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor
Community Leader
:swsh/beedrill-mega:
Mega being Revolved: :beedrill-mega:
New Pokémon Name: Abhornet
Stats: 65 / 120 / 50 / 15 / 80 / 135 [455]
Typing:

Abilities: Adaptability (Sniper)
Movepool Additions: First Impression
Niche: Abhornet is a fast revenge killer. It is intended to work as a Pokémon that comes in after a foe has beaten one of your mons and knock said foe down, by virtue of having a pretty high Speed tier for the meta, alongside hitting hard. Abhornet also takes advantage of the fact that by virtue of being a revenge killer, it will usually be switching in without risking taking damage from an attack, which mitigates its frailty somewhat. It is balanced by the fact that if it misses the kill, it has to take a hit, and its bulk is pretty awful for that. Its STABs, the main source of its power, are also easy to wall, namely with all the defensive Steel Types around (Given despite Abhornet's best efforts, Drill Run usually isn't enough), but also struggling against Poison and Ghost types, as well as OU Staple Landorus.

Mega being revolved: Mega Beedrill
Name: Waspar (Spar + Wasp) (generic, I know)

beedrill-mega.gif

Type: Steel/Poison
Abilities: Levitate | Sniper
HA: Adaptability

Stats: | 75 / 125 / 40 / 25 / 80 / 125 (BST: 465)

HP: 60 -> 75 (+15)
Attack: 90 -> 125 (+35)
Def: 40 -> 40 (+0)
SpAtk: 45 -> 25 (-20)
SpDef: 80 -> 80 (+0)
Speed: 75 -> 125 (+50)

New Moves: Iron Head, Smart Strike, Flash Cannon, Steel Beam, Icicle Spear? (lances are kind of like spears right?)

Niche: SD Sweeper? | Hazard Setter |

I have very little to say about it but, Poison/Steel is a type combination that doesn't seem to exist, and mega beedrill looks steel enough so I decided to go with. it I guess its main role would be a swords dance sweeper, hitting hard with iron head and poison jab, and it has Drill Run to deal with pokemon such as heatran. With Levitate it can safely switch in on ground types, though it doesn't have a lot to hit them with. You can also set it up to lay entry hazards such as Toxic Spikes, It can work as a defogger too.

New Pokemon Name: Beisaster (Bee + Disaster)
Stats: 70/100/40/100/40/115 [BST:465]
Typing: Bug / Ghost
Abilities: Sniper | Adaptability
Movepool Addition: Bug Buzz, Destiny Bond, Poltergeist, Shadow Ball, Tail Glow
Niche: I could say that Beisaster is a Bug / Ghost Sharpedo without Speed Boost but with higher speed and Adaptability. Both Attack and Special Attack is equal to each other, so both Swords Dance set and Tail Glow set are usable.

New Pokemon Name: Pidgecian (Pidge [Pidgeot's line] + Magician)
Stats: 88/70/75/105/75/126 [BST:539]
Typing: Psychic / Flying
Abilities: No Guard / Magic Guard | Big Pecks
Movepool Addition: Focus Blast, Psychic, Psyshock, Shadow Ball
Niche: Simple enough, faster and bulkier Flying Alakazam but have the obviously less power output. Other than that, No Guard with Focus Blast and Hurricane is usable too.

:ss/alakazam-mega:
Mega being Revolved: Alakazam
New Pokemon Name: Hocusire (Hocus-Pocus + Desire)
Stats: 75/50/85/110/85/125 [BST:530]
Typing: Psychic / Steel
Abilities: Trace / Forewarn | Magic Guard
Movepool Addition: Flash Cannon, Iron Defense
Niche: Bulkier and faster Alakazam with less damage output + Steel type for more resistance and Flash Cannon STAB. And damage output can be replaced by LO with Magic Guard.

Mega being Revolved: Aerodactyl
New Pokemon Name: Pterobsidian (Pterodactyl + Obsidian)
Stats: 80/110/95/70/95/105 [BST:545]
Typing: Rock / Flying
Abilities: Rock Head / Pressure | Tough Claws
Movepool Addition: Accelerock
Niche: Bulkier and hit harder than Aerodactyl but slow. Pterobsidian can be very dangerous with DD Head Smash without anything to counter it.

Edit 1: -20 Attack, +10 Defense, +10 Special Defense to Pterobsidian
Edit 2: Remove Head Smash from Pterobsidian

Last edited:
New Pokémon Name: Wrive (Wrath+Hive)
Stats: 65/105/60/25/80/130
Typing:
Throat Chop - Dark-type

Abilities: Anger Point, Sniper, Adaptability
Movepool Additions: Leech Life, Lash Out, Dual Wingbeat, Skitter Smack
Niche: This mon follows in MegaDrill's footsteps of being only a decent wallbreaker but a great sweeper. Also, you can hold an item. Works best with webs.

Mega being Revolved: Aerodactyl
New Pokémon Name: Pterorrer (Pterodactyl+Terror)
Stats: 90/115/65/60/75/140
Typing:
Max Rockfall - Rock-type
Max Airstream - Flying-type

Abilities: Tough Claws, Rock Head, Unnerve
Movepool Additions: Drill Peck, Accelerock
Niche: Revenge Killer, Sweeper, whatever you want to call it.

New Pokémon Name: Pidgeach (Pigeon+Mach)
Stats: 83/75/75/130/70/106
Typing:
Max Airstream - Flying-type
Thunderbolt - Electric-type

Abilities: No Guard, Galvanize, Big Pecks
Movepool Additions: Thunderbolt, Thunder, Dual Wingbeat, Rising Voltage
Niche: Being an offensive electric type in a meta where the only OU electric types are mostly defensive. Also a harder hitting version of Thunderous.

Last edited:

ViZar

your toast is burned
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnus

New Pokémon Name: Beetox (Bee + Toxic)
Stats: 65 | 115 | 45 | 45 | 80 | 115 (465)
Typing:

Abilities: Adaptability | Sniper | Poison Touch (HA)
Movepool Additions: Leech Life
Niche: Beetox is a status spreader with Poison Touch in combination with Toxic Spikes, Poison Jab or U-Turn or a fast physical sweeper, which can use Adaptability for a high damage output with SD.

Mega being Revolved: Mega Pidgeot
New Pokémon Name: Pideastroph (Pidgeot + Catastrophe)
Stats: 83 | 75 | 75 | 110 | 75 | 121 (539)
Typing:

Abilities: No Guard | Tangled Feet | Gale Wings (HA)
Movepool Additions: Dual Wingbeat, Terrain Pulse, Weather Ball, Fire Blast, Overheat, Will-O-Wisp, Scorching Sands
Niche: Pideastroph serves as a fast special attacker on Weather, Terrain and Offensive teams. With a 100% move like Will-O-Wisp and Gale Wings Hurricane or Air Slash, it can serve as a utility pivot.

Mega being Revolved: Mega Alakazam
New Pokémon Name: Wisdread (Wisdom + Dread)
Stats: 55 | 120 | 45 | 95 | 95 | 120 (530)
Typing:

Abilities: Trace | Magician | Magic Guard
Movepool Additions: Knock Off, Sucker Punch, Bulk Up, Dark Pulse
Niche: Wisdread has great physical power with high speed. Alongside Magic Guard, Life Orb, a secondary Stab and priority, it can blow past many offensive and defensive Pokémon. Its defenses are what hold it back here.

New Pokémon Name: Crystactyl (Crystal + Pterodactylus)
Stats: 90 | 110 | 75 | 60 | 75 | 135 (545)
Typing:

Abilities: Rock Head | Solid Rock | Tough Claws (HA)
Movepool Additions: Accelerock, U-Turn
Niche: Crystactyl has high speed with a decent damage output and some cool options like U-Turn, Accelerock and Stealth Rock. Tough Claws give it a needed damage boost while Solid Rock can make a set up easier.

Last edited:
i'll write down the thought process behind my mega revolution subs this slate, i think explaining what benchmarks i wanted to hit can go a long way in explaining them better than my previous attempts at writting a "niche".

:aerodactyl-mega:
Stats: 80/110/75/60/75/145
Typing:

Abilities: Rock Head/Unnerve/Tough Claws
Movepool Additions: Dragon Rush, Metal Claw, Outrage, Shadow Claw, Wild Charge
Niche: Physical Sweeper
Faster than Dragapult, added dragon rush, outrage and shadow claw as neutral coverage that can be used alongside tough claws and added wild charge as coverage for Rock Head sets, metal claw is more of a flavor addition. There really isn't much thought into this one.

:alakazam-mega:
Stats: 105/50/50/100/95/130
Typing:

Abilities: Synchronize/Magic Guard/Trace
Movepool Additions: Weather Ball
Niche: Special Sweeper
Base 130 speed outspeeds weavile and tornadus-t and ties with koko, only reason to go higher is dragapult something that it think should be capable of outspeeding this, then i lowered spa to base 100 out of the fact this pokemon learns nasty plot (like gengar) and expanding force (so paired with lele it can be pretty lethal being both one of the strongest attackers on the game and being hard to revenge kill under terrain), then dumped the rest on bulk allowing zam to hit the base 100+hp mark, letting it get 101hp substitutes this pokemon has potential for a sub cm or sub np set with recover or 2 attacks, this pokemon has a massive 4mms but its combination of raw speed and power is not to be underestimated. Added weather ball mostly as a niche coverage option.
:beedrill-mega:
Stats: 80/120/65/40/45/115
Typing:

Abilities: Sniper/Adaptability
Movepool Additions: Cross Poison, First Impression, Gunk Shot, Megahorn
Niche: Fast Sweeper, mainly spams u turn and knock off until the opponent's team is weak enough for a sweep with megahorn and drill run/poison jab/gunk shot
Aimed at base 115 speed to outspeed latwins, specs lele, gengar and the base 100 speed crowd, dumped the rest on atk, most priority is physical so i tried to reduce chances of being revenge killed by unboosted stray mach punchs or grassy glide by moving SpD to HP, HP to Def and SpA to SpD. Gave it First Impression to work as a decent revenge killer via priority and megahorn/gunk shot as decent dumb stabs to abuse adaptability with, the stab combination is easily walled by pokemon like toxapex and aegislash and a scarf landorus still forces this out so i don't think this pokemon can be problematic at all.

Last edited:

New Pokémon Name: Pteranite (pterosaur + granite)
Stats: 80 / 113 / 97 / 60 / 75 / 120 (545 BST)
Typing:

Abilities: Sturdy / Pressure / Tough Claws
Movepool Additions: Accelerock
Niche: This evo loses a little bit of Speed to gain more power and bulk, which seems to fit design-wise too. Aerodactyl doesn’t need much to be good given his access to Dual Wingbeat which finally gives it a flying stab. With Tough Claws, it makes a very potent dragon dancer that outspeeds everything in the meta and dishes out good damage with either Earthquake or the boosted elemental fangs for coverage. Outside of Tough Claws, Sturdy makes it a very good lead that can run boots to come in later in game, or just not be forced to play sash. It never made sense to me that Aerodactyl didn’t get Accelerock, so I gave it to him out of frustration.

New Pokémon Name: Bayhornet (Bayonet + Hornet)
Stats: 65 / 115 / 75 / 25 / 75 / 110 (BST 465)
Typing:

Abilities: Adaptability / Sniper
Movepool Additions: First Impression, Smart Strike, Steel Wing, Flash Cannon, Leech Life
Niche: I was thinking about the fact that some Bug / Dark sub for Beedrill seemed redundant when Scibrawl is around, when it hit me that we wouldn’t have a Bug / Steel mega revo. So I’m doing it here, because it’s a kick-ass typing. First Impression makes it a terrifying revenge killer coupled with Adaptability, and Stealth Rock neutrality makes it a much more durable offensive pivot than M-Beedrill could ever be. However, that is more or less offset by the fact that Bug / Steel isn’t exactly great offensively, and any bulky team should have a Corv / Pex / Ferro / Lando to deal with it; I also didn’t give it some of the more reliable Steel type stabs, similarly to Kartana.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)