Mega-Salamence: considering a quick ban (Don't ask for the thread to be closed!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sorry, but how was that not a real game? You each had 6 Pokemon that were viable in OU, and you had mandibuzz to see how it fares vs mence. Your logic is so flawed it's not even funny, please stop getting so butthurt over this.
I'm not getting butthurt about anything. My logic was a simple mence and mandibuzz game where we
Oh my lord, can you please stop? She portrayed a generic M-Mence team you'd see on the ladder, you have to take it seriously. You should've assumed it to be a real game from team preview. Of course he wouldn't challenge you 1v1, real games are played 6v6 and not 1v1.
That's why I asked for a rematch at the start. Seriously I didn't ask for a bunch of trolls to come at me with stupid irrelevant insults. All I wanted was a mandibuzzxsalamence battle xD.

Josh Morales Come on mate, no need for such harsh insults. I know he's wrong and he won't listen, but just dismiss it. Calling someone despicable names isn't going to benefit or enlighten anyone.

Anyway, 6v6 battle with mandibuzz and mence, mence wins. Enough about mandibuzz vs mence because this debate is getting unnecessarily viscous.

I'm not getting butthurt about anything. My logic was a simple mence and mandibuzz game where we

That's why I asked for a rematch at the start. Seriously I didn't ask for a bunch of trolls to come at me with stupid irrelevant insults. All I wanted was a mandibuzzxsalamence battle xD.
WHO CARES
On the ladder, you are NOT going to get a battle where it's one vs. one. My lord, just stop posting. You're just as bad as 56k.
Not to mention, that even if it WAS a counter, it wouldn't matter. Mandibuzz is bad and I wouldn't want to use it on an actual OU team.

Oh my lord, can you please stop? She portrayed a generic M-Mence team you'd see on the ladder, you have to take it seriously. You should've assumed it to be a real game from team preview. Of course he wouldn't challenge you 1v1, real games are played 6v6 and not 1v1.
hi Fooki
WHO CARES
On the ladder, you are NOT going to get a battle where it's one vs. one. My lord, just stop posting. You're just as bad as 56k.
Umm I don't know who that is. I can admit mega mence is overpowered though, set up rocks it's clearly unstoppable. There are you happy?

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Umm I don't know who that is. I can admit mega mence is overpowered though, set up rocks it's clearly unstoppable. There are you happy?
You are supposed to assume stealth rocks are up in every single situation when considering what checks or counters a Pokemon.
Yeah, please just stop posting and get some better reasoning to your arguments.

Punchshroom

FISHIOUS REND MEGA SHARPEDO
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
All I wanted was a mandibuzzxsalamence battle xD.
That alone is fine and all, but should you win, would you say that Mandibuzz makes a good MegaMence counter in general? Because the fact that it is incorrect and the implication that you would've totally said it was are why this argument is happening right now, because Mandibuzz cannot handle MegaMence should it switch into MegaMence to try to counter it.

I mean I can suggest things that can handle MegaMence 1v1 too, like physically defensive Hyper Voice Sylveon / Aurorus, which also get slaughtered by MegaMence as they cannot switch into it directly. I'm just saying ¯\_(:/)_/¯

I agree that Mandibuzz isn't a reliable check for Mence, but I don't think that attitude is winning any points with your opponent. It just makes people feel inclined to defend themselves.
Finally people who aren't so freaking rude. Yeah mandibuzz isn't a counter with all the rocks and other poke in play

Even if Mandibuzz is a full stop to Megamence, which its not at all, thats only one Pokemon. One Pokemon will not save this monster from a ban. Mawile, Aegislash, Lucario and Kangaskhan each had a stop/counter or two and they still got the boot. Mandibuzz alone will not save Mence.

Even if Mandibuzz is a full stop to Megamence, which its not at all, thats only one Pokemon. One Pokemon will not save this monster from a ban. Mawile, Aegislash, Lucario and Kangaskhan each had a stop/counter or two and they still got the boot. Mandibuzz alone will not save Mence.
I'm for banning mega mence, it's too overpowered and fast. Even focus sashes don't work when your opponent scatters rocks, which he/she will 90% of the time

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
There are other Pokemon besides Mandibuzz that can put a stop to Mega Mence such as Mega Manectric using HP Ice giving it a about...32.3% chance to OHKO it and SURPRISINGLY Choice Specs Aurorus with Refridgerate that apparently takes out Mega Mence with no problem while it takes Mega Mence 3 hits to kill it or even 2 Hits at a plus 1 DD boost
Manetric can't switch into Mega Mence though, and is OHKOd unless it didn't get a DD up earlier, and Aurorus isn't even an answer

+1 252 Atk Salamence Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Aurorus: 464-548 (119.5 - 141.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Salamence Earthquake vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Aurorus: 310-366 (79.8 - 94.3%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
252 Atk Salamence Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Manectric: 356-420 (126.6 - 149.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
252 Atk Salamence Earthquake vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Mega Manectric: 282-334 (100.3 - 118.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

It's also in the assumption that Manectric has mega evolved beforehand, somehow managed to stay at full health, switched out, and only LATER in the battle does the opponent bring out megamence, to which you bring out Megaman, who somehow is at full health because somehow stealth rocks are up, takes the Return, ASSUMING no dragon dance, and THEN uses HP Ice.

It seems the general problem with anti ban people is they don't understand what a counter is. We know there are plenty of pokes that can revenge kill it, or even check one of its more common sets, that's obvious otherwise everyone (without any exception) would use it and there wouldn't even be a discussion, but there are no pokemon that can reliably switch in on all sets and win. Rocks are too easy to set up, DD and Sub are too easy to use, its mixed and special sets can beat almost all of its physical checks, and in general there are just too many ways for it to hurt you to prepare for them all and not leave yourself with a severely weakened team.

May as well talk about my experiences against MegaSal

Personally, I have never had trouble with MegaSal. I have either lost the battle before it came in or have just about one. I have never lost a game where MegaSal is the last Pokemon on my opponents team and it swept more than 2 non already nearly KO'd Pokemon.

That being said, I have only ever beaten MegaSal once after it has gotten a DD up. Involved privious SR damage, Rocky Head+Rough Skin Defensive Garchomp and Sucker Punch. The thing when it has set up is extremely tough to kill.

I do think we should quick ban it. Despite the fact I have never seen it as a game breaker yet, doesn't mean the potential for that happening isn't there.

I wouldn't even say that. It's the fastest dragon dancer there is. It's much harder to revenge kill then most sweepers.
yeah, but the impression I got from reading the anti ban posts is that because they were able to beat an unboosted one with their scarf garchomp or Greninja or whatever that it must not be broken. They neglected to take into account that they had to sacrifice a mon to get the safe switch in, which is why we want it banned ASAP.

Like Punchshroom said, there's plenty that can beat Salamence 1v1, we need to acknowledge that if we don't want to keep arguing the same points, but it's the distinct lack of counters and the ease with which it can sweep entire teams that make us hate it

This reminds me way too much of the Mega Kangaskhan discussion. Way back when, there were people actually arguing to leave it, and their ideas pretty much revolved around "I'm able to beat it using X, Y, and Z." We'd keep responding with "good for you, but you lost half your team in the process."

People seem to think you need to lose to something to make it broken, and we did a pretty poor job explaining why that's not always true.

Then again, we do lose to Salamence all the time, so I guess we didn't really have to.

Last edited:
I don't have anything to say that already hasn't been said dozens of times before, but when people consider things like Regirock a "counter", you know that this thing is simply too much for a healthy meta to reasonably handle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)