SM OU Mega Scizor Offense

How good is this team unedited?

• Pretty good, however it could use a few changes to make it even better.

Votes: 12 70.6%
  • Bad, it is not good at all

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Undecided

Votes: 1 5.9%

• Total voters
Hello guys, this is my main mega scizor team. This team is a team i have been working on for quite a while and i have hammered out many flaws with it the first few times I tested it in showdown. Please critique it as much as possible to make this team better thanks!

1513737040744.png

(Scizor) (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Atk / 120 Def / 16 SpD / 60 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost

Mega Scizor is my main mega and the star of my team. It is incredibly versatile being able to pull off defensive and offensive roles when needed. The set seen here is offensive swords dance. Swords Dance is for boosting mega scizor's already high attack to insane levels. Bullet is ridiculously powerful and OHKOs most things after 1 or two swords dances. The reason why I chose U-turn over knock off is because one of my other teammates already have knock off and to provide momentum and pivoting for my team. Roost is recovery and enables scizor to stay in and plow teams apart as long as possible.

1513737315627.png

(Tapu Koko) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Electric Surge
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Dazzling Gleam

Second pokemon is tapu koko. It is one of the main pokemon in my VoltTurn core and its role is to provide an offensive pivot enabling me to switch in mega scizor on a predicted earthquake or a poison move. Thunderbolt with electric terrain and specs hits stupidly hard denting most things that don't resist it and being lethal to water types. Volt Switch is to safely switch out to something that can deal with the threat that koko can't deal with. HP Ice is for things like landorus or zygarde which both are prevalent in OU. Dazzling Gleam is Its main and only fairy move which decimates dragon types and fighting types. Specs is needed to hit as hard as possible.

1513737613278.png

(Zygarde) @ Iapapa Berry
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 160 HP / 216 Atk / 28 SpD / 104 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Coil

Zygarde is the main bulky sweeper on my team. I usually bring it in on a move that it resists. Thousand Arrows is an extremely useful move, destroying things like zapdos, thunderus, or skarmory which are things ground type move usually don't touch. Extreme Speed is to provide priority and enable zygarde to destroy things that dont resist normal type moves. Dragon Dance is to enable zygarde to set up and sweep, boosting it's attack and speed to insane levels. Lastly Coil is to boost it's defenses to allow it to tank physical hits. Iapapa Berry is for recovering health if it gets too low.

1513737885468.png

(Kartana) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Smart Strike
- Knock Off

Kartana is my main speed control and scarfer on my team. Its main use is to revenge kill pokemon and punish things that cannot withstand its high powered STAB moves. All in all it makes a good revenge killer and late-game sweeper. Leaf Blade severely puts a dent in pokemon that dont resist it. Sacred Sword is for punishing steels like heatran, thinking they can switch in on Kartana.. Smart Strike punishes the likes of fairies. Knock Off is used on this pokemon because it is fast and enables it to get rid of most valuable items that the opponent's pokemon might have ( Specs lele, leftovers Lando etc.)

1513738330683.png

(Hoopa-Unbound) @ Darkinium Z
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Psychic
- Focus Blast

My favorite pokemon of all time, Hoopa-Unboound. Hoopa is a stupidly powerful wallbreaker, destroying things with ease that don't resist it. Darkinium-Z is for using Black Hole Eclipse and OHKOing pokemon that dare switch in on this thing. Nasty Plot is to boost its already high SP. atk to insane levels. Dark Pulse and Psychic demolish anything that it does not resist and ( from my experience) OHKOing neutral targets after a boost. Focus blast is for steels that give this team trouble.

1513738684594.png

(Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

My last pokemon is my main lead, Landorus. It truly is a versatile pokemon, capable of pulling off many roles. But i chose it to be my stealth rocker. This EV set is capable of tanking my potentially OHKO hits leaving it usually around 2-4 HP left. Stealth Rock is obvious, for well, setting up hazards. Earthquake is to give maximum pain to the other team and to any mon that doesnt resist it. HP ice is for other landos and for the occasional garchomp. U-turn is for providing, yet another pivot on my team. Left overs is for recovery purposes

Well guys, that is my team and please give constructive criticism and feedback and feel free to reccommend any changes/switching pokemon as you like.
Note: If you want to change a pokemon, please give a descriptive reason of why that pokemon should be swapped/ changed.

Thanks!
Cisco

Attachments

Felixx

I'm back.
I think the team looks overall very solid, but I have a few minor suggestions for it:

Kartana - Defog > Smart Strike, this team isn't hazard stack hyper offense so I'd recommend defog support on kart so that scizor and zygarde don't get chipped by stealth + spikes switching in, allowing more breathing room for set-up

Hoopa U - Psyshock > Psychic, psyshock lets you more easily break past chansey, the downside is that it leaves you helpless against unaware clef (boosted focus blasts break past chansey but it's inaccurate)

Fightinium Z > Darkinium Z, another option is keeping your set the same but utilizing fightinium instead for chansey, while still having psychic for unaware clef

T Koko - HP Fire > HP Ice, might be nice since the team struggles with switching into ferro, especially since it's scarf kart which can't punish ferro effectively as SD kart could

I liked the look of this team and decided to take it for a spin.

The user above me gave an in-depth analysis on the team, but I’d also like to point out that it is somewhat lacking in general weakness coverage.

Scizor (4x weak to fire)
Landorus (4x weak to ice)
Zygarde (4x weak to ice)
Kartana (4x weak to fire)
>enter mega manectric

Your other two mons are Tapu Koko and Hoopa, neither of which really want to take a hit (koko dies to basically everything and Hoopa is pretty slow so can get 2HKOd easily). I ended up in a game against a mega manectric and found it extremely hard to work around, mainly because it carried hp ice, overheat and STAB in the form of thunderbolt, which was strong enough to take out Koko. Scarfed Kartana is pretty much the only check this team has to mega M in the form of its scarf, but otherwise Mega M is a huge issue for this team. There’s probably more huge threats facing this team due to the huge shared weaknesses too, with mega M just being an example which you won’t run into frequently as it’s usually seen in UU. Anything with access to a single fire and ice move will shred your team, or at least hit it heavily a lot of the time before going down and allowing its teammates to pick up the scraps/beast boost.

It’s a pretty good team, but requires a lot of manual circumstantial editing during games in order to deal with these glaring weaknesses. Landorus can just about survive a HP ice and fire back, but that means you have to go the game without rocks which isn’t ideal either. Zygarde also takes a heavy beating and did drop to a single HP ice. However, the team is generally solid apart from this typing issue and works great if the opponent doesn’t possess mons with heavy hitting access to those types.

Nice team.

Last edited:
Hello!

U can consider running a yache berry to help with the likes of tapu koko. Your team isnt super weak to it compared to others with 2 ground types but then again a wrong prediction against koko will be costly so yache helps to kill specs koko turn 1 so u dnt need to worry about it later.

Your teams really weak to av magearna btw cuz hoopa sorta invites it in and its again another prediction game as to what its gna go for so a misprediction is gna cost you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)