Pet Mod Megamax (Quick Update @ Post #432)

What should the format for Megamax be?

• Stay National Dex

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • Regional Dex OU with all Megas of available Pokemon being around

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Regional Dex OU with only converted Gigantamaxes existing

Votes: 13 54.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Given these specific circumstances, I think it might actually make sense to allow that - since both of the ones Tapler submitted are only in competition with one other submission, there are effectively only two possible votes to cast, so eliminating one of those possibilities basically just means not letting Tapler vote on those Pokémon (since it's between only two things, putting one of them in second is sort of just like "downvoting"/giving a negative vote, not promoting it but slightly less than something else - in this case, that would just make it more beneficial for them not to cast a vote at all).
But... that said, there have only been three votes anyway and all of them are the same, so I guess it doesn't make a difference either way! XP You can just use your discretion, haha.
also saving you from having to double-post in case that's a concern!

Last edited:
Given that my only possible vote can be for Tapler, then, there doesn't seem much point in arguing it, as it's not going to change the scores.

Rillaboom - Tapler, Hematite
Cinderace - Tmi489, Stitch98

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Voting ends now! Decided to take Hematite's advice and temporarily repeal the "No voting for yourself in first place" rule

Pokemon Name: Rillaboom
Mega Stone Name: Rillaboominite
Stats: 100 / 135 / 160 / 70 / 110 / 55
Typing: Grass/Rock
Ability: Rock Head
New Moves: Stealth Rock, Head Smash
Competitive Description: Your typical juggernaut-type Mega, balanced out by a lack of reliable recovery. Grass/Rock is a criminally underrated typing offensively, and also helps to offset Grass’ plethora of weaknesses, though it leaves you being hit hard by popular mons like Mega Metagross, Aegislash, and Darmanitan-Galar, despite the high defenses. Rock Head allows Rillaboom to spam two very powerful STAB moves in Wood Hammer and Head Smash, though its relatively low attack stat leaves its coverage moves a bit weak for a mega, especially when compared to the only-slightly-slower Mega Mawile. It can still make good use of moves like Earthquake, Body Press, Knock Off, and even High Horsepower (avoids the Grassy Terrain drop on EQ once HAs come out) for coverage, but with other valuable utility moves like Stealth Rock, U-Turn, and Leech Seed in its arsenal, you really need to pick and choose what you want to hit.

Also Hematite, I realized while working on this one that it’s somewhat similar to yours, so if you feel like you’re being ripped off and want me to delete this, let me know.
Pokemon Name: Inteleon
Mega Stone Name: Inteleonite
Stats: 70 / 115 / 85 / 130 / 85 / 145
Typing: Water/Dark
Ability: Deep Focus (This Pokemon gains Focus Energy each time it switches in, but loses it when hit by an attack)
New Moves: Night Slash, Psycho Cut, Cross Poison
Competitive Description: With 145 speed, Inteleon would outspeed most of the unboosted metagame, allowing it to revenge kill other fast threats and scout with U-Turn. Water/Dark typing provides STAB on Dark Pulse, Sucker Punch, and Night Slash, but leaves Inteleon with a weakness to both Volt Switch and U-Turn, which makes it very easy for scarfers to capitalize on it. Deep Focus would grant high-critical-hit-ratio moves a 100% crit rate, leading to interesting risk vs reward situations in teambuilding, such as deciding between Snipe Shot and Hydro Pump. However, it leaves Inteleon with a weakness to priority and makes it difficult to switch in. Psycho Cut and Cross Poison make use of that weird water bayonet on the end of its gun to provide some much-needed coverage, at the cost of being weakened after taking a hit. Night Slash is mostly just for flavour, but it has a niche, and Inteleon doesn’t need any more utility at this point.
Pokemon Name: Cinderace
Mega Stone Name: Cinderite
Stats: 80 / 131 / 120 / 90 / 115 / 109 (BST: 630, +15 Atk / +45 Def / +10 SpA / +40 SpD / -10 Spe)
Typing: Fire
Ability: Magic Guard
New Moves: Wil-o-Wisp
Competitive Description: Bulky Cinderace! Its pretty obvious what its role is - a bulky balance pivot able to Court Change hazards away. With moves like Taunt, U-Turn, and the ability to outspeed Pokemon like Mew. Cinderace has speed over everything else. While Magic Guard lets it switch freely, it needs to be in its base form first, and loss of speed tier / Libero makes it harder to check pokemon like Mega Metagross in the important 110 speed tier. There is also no recovery for Cinderace which further accentuates the balancy feel.
Rillaboom
Tapler 12
Hematite 8
PikaXreme 1

Cinderace
Tmi489 12
Stitch98 8

Inteleon
Tapler 9
CharSiuEmboar 6

And now for the moment you've all been waiting for!

Slate #10: The Last Of Us
Toxtricity Sprite
Hatterene Sprite
Copperajah Sprite

This is it, the final slate before the DLCs drop, so let's end it with a bang! Maximum of 3 new moves for Copperajah and 2 new moves for Toxtricity and Hatterene. For Copperajah in particular I will be making a special exception to the current rules, for you may make a custom element for it which carries over the special hazard set by G-Max Steelsurge, whether that be a Mega ability or signature move.

Oh, awesome!! I'm glad you agreed!
Would you like me to update the spreadsheet with these, or do you have it already? C:

Also...
I was ready this time!!
These were the only three G-Maxes left, so I kinda figured they'd have to be the slate, haha.

Pokémon name:
Mega Toxtricity
Mega Stone name: Toxtricitite this is so fun to say
Stats: 75 HP / 111 Attack (+13) / 100 Defense (+30) / 129 Special Attack (+15) / 100 Special Defense (+30) / 87 Speed (+12)
Typing: Electric/Poison
Ability: Contaminate (Intimidate variant: lowers opponents' Special Defense by one stage on entering battle)
New moves: None for now but see the end of the post for one consideration

Alright, this one's Ability is going to sound very strong at first, but hear me out...
Okay, so this is designed to play to Toxtricity's existing role: not as a sweeper but as a wallbreaker.
On the very first turn that it Mega Evolves, it effectively has a single guaranteed maximum-power hit (Mega Evolution takes place after switching on a given turn, so the opponent can't switch out in between the immediate Special Defense drop and Toxtricity's first move), but in general, it's more oriented towards pressuring switches than attacking at full power - if Mega Toxtricity tries to stay in and sweep, lowering Special Defense on entry doesn't really help it against any opponent except its first, and the opponent can nullify even that debuff just by switching out before it attacks. Ideally, then, you'll be playing it in a way that takes advantage of those forced switches rather than expecting to hit every opponent incredibly hard.

In terms of damage output, after accounting for Contaminate, all of Mega Toxtricity's main attacks are very similar to Mega Sceptile's Leaf Storm - a similar example of a Mega Evolution that does most of its damage with a powerful but pretty much non-spammable move. Without the benefit of Contaminate, the same attacks end up more or less in line with Mega Sceptile's Dragon Pulse instead. With this in mind, I definitely think it's an appropriate power level for a Mega Evolution.

Perhaps more helpfully, it's also worth comparing the Mega to Toxtricity's current sets. First of all, Toxtricity's base form has Punk Rock - which is already a free 30% boost to Boomburst and Overdrive, compared to the 50% of a Special Defense drop, meaning the actual increase in potential damage output from Contaminate alone is more like 15% than 50% (~26% thanks to the Special Attack boost).
That said, base Toxtricity also always runs Choice Specs, which is a 50% boost in itself - combining that with Overdrive is already more than it's gaining from its Mega Stone, and Contaminate actually comes with some similar drawbacks to Choice Specs anyway: both of them frequently require Toxtricity to switch out after it manages a KO, Choice Specs by locking it into an undesirable move and Contaminate by no longer affecting its damage against the new opponent, and Toxtricity's opponent actually has the potential to reduce Contaminate damage much more than they can reduce Choice Specs damage if they choose to switch out. However, the flexibility of being able to change moves afterwards - including making use of options like Volt Switch rather than being forced to hard switch and lose momentum if it does face an unfavorable matchup - should more than make up for the loss of its initial power boost.

With this in mind, Mega Toxtricity has the potential to be very good at two things: wallbreaking and creating momentum. Its main job is to switch in, force a switch or break a wall with Contaminate, Volt Switch out and repeat.
It also has a decent Speed buff, which helps it beat a small number of prominent threats more easily - notably outspeeding Manaphy and Mega Charizard Y - but leaves it slower than unboosted Excadrill and also, like, a lot of other things that are faster than Excadrill, but Excadrill is the main one that I thought should be the cutoff: an already-powerful and relatively common Pokémon that completely shuts it down with super effective STAB.
In general... I think this will probably be a fun Pokémon to use, and Contaminate + Volt Switch definitely opens up a really unique niche in supporting other offensive Pokémon as well as its own wallbreaking potential, but it also won't be broken, and there's more than enough viable counterplay that it won't carry games all by itself.

Lastly, to touch on its defenses a bit - I know that looks like a pretty big boost (especially since its Special Attack and Speed can't really get any higher, I did have a lot of leftover points to distribute), and I'm totally open to moving more of it to Attack if you think that's necessary!
That said, as it stands, basically every Ground-type move in OU is still a straight one-hit KO against it except ones from the defensive Pokémon it's supposed to threaten like Tangrowth and Latias, but they still do a lot, and even plenty of strong neutral hits are 2HKOs; that includes many from Pokémon that are faster, preventing it from switching in against them. On the other hand, it crosses into a relatively safe/3HKO-or-less range against most of the walls it's meant to break and a handful of other Pokémon with obvious type disadvantages, which is important for a Pokémon that's so dependent on being able to switch in.
With that in mind, I think this is about the right amount of bulk to facilitate its role - it pretty much just makes for relatively intuitive matchups, in that it can reliably handle the Pokémon it should but is fairly easy to damage and won't last long against anything else.

Pokémon name:
Mega Hatterene
Mega Stone name: Hatterenite
Stats: 57 HP / 90 Attack / 95 Defense / 146 Special Attack (+10) / 133 Special Defense (+30) / 89 Speed (+60)
Typing: Psychic/Fairy
Ability: Smite (Merciless variant: always lands a critical hit against a paralyzed foe)
New moves: Moonblast

Alright, so about that crazy boost to Speed - G-Max Hatterene is established in its flavor text as having a fair bit more... initiative than you would expect of such a static-looking Pokémon... Let's just say it has a hair-trigger temper. While it only stands still and towers over its opponents, it's said to attack the minute it senses hostility, and its moves offer a great deal of range, so having higher Speed makes a fair bit of sense in this case.
Gigantamax Hatterene also has a clear association with lightning in its Pokédex entries, and that's how it uses G-Max Smite, so centering its battle role on paralysis also seems to make a fair bit of sense.
So that's the flavor reason. The competitive reason is that it outspeeds the entire unboosted metagame after a Nuzzle and then proceeds to blow things up. The specific benchmark this reaches is positive-natured base 142s, aka Dragapult. There's not much above that that's actually relevant and can be paralyzed by Nuzzle, but you can also add the last few - Accelgor, Mega Aerodactyl and Alakazam - with very little extra investment if you want.

I initially found myself struggling to think of what a Mega Hatterene could offer over the base form. It already has one of the best utility Abilities in the game; it would be unreasonable (and boring) to try to outdamage the standard Life Orb set just by boosting Special Attack (for reference, it takes base 192); and if it's just sticking to the role it already has, it would arguably even benefit from lowering both its Attack and its Speed (for Foul Play and Trick Room, respectively). Without some kind of role switch, there wasn't much to do except increase its Special Attack and its bulk way beyond reason, and even that might struggle to compete if it didn't keep its base form's incredible Ability.
However, its access to Nuzzle caught my eye when I was looking over its moveset for inspiration. It's an amazing utility move, and it's very flavorfully relevant to G-Max Hatterene, but it's not really that useful on Hatterene because it absolutely needs four specific other moves.
When I was thinking about how to highlight Nuzzle, I realized that if it was going to be competing with Hatterene's usual four moves, I might as well just make it a working replacement for one of them. Trick Room and Nuzzle are basically just two different forms of Speed control, so I chose to raise its Speed just enough that Nuzzle would usurp it as the preferred version, and then I made its Ability one that could capitalize on paralyzing its opponents before it attacked so it was incentivized to do it (otherwise, who's going to waste a turn on just speed control if they have to repeat it for every individual opponent? at that point, it would just be better to attack).

Confession: I gave it Moonblast because I did all of my preparatory calcs under the misguided belief that it already had it. It did not.

In terms of power level, I decided to make it equate to Mega Camerupt to clarify, this is with Hatterene assuming a crit and Camerupt assuming a normal hit - I know it looks like they ended up with roughly the same Special Attack, but be aware that a Sheer Force-boosted Fire Blast is actually slightly stronger than a critical Moonblast on its own. Both are terrifying offensively, but they're too slow to sweep an opposing team; if you can manage to get them onto the field and in a good position to attack, they're extremely threatening, but in return, you can only really attack for "free" if you manage to force a switch, because everything that stays in is all but guaranteed a free hit against them before they can hit as hard as you expect. In Mega Camerupt's case, that's just because it's slower than everything; in Mega Hatterene's, it's because it relies on crippling its opponents before it attacks them.

Still, though - if you can get Hatterene in on a favorable matchup (made easier by Magic Bounce, which allows its base form to switch in on a wider range of targets), you can pretty much guarantee that something is taking heavy damage no matter what, and it's pretty fun to be able to punish even unfavorable switches with paralysis! In short, as with Mega Camerupt, it's pretty easy to check Mega Hatterene, but it's very dangerous to hard switch into it, so if you're able to get it onto the field safely against an opponent it threatens, it can promise some extremely valuable contributions to the battle.

Anddd... last one! This might be a slightly strange direction to take it, but here's what I have in mind:

Pokémon name:
Mega Copperajah
Mega Stone name: Copperajanite
Stats: 122 HP / 135 Attack (+5) / 114 Defense (+45) / 80 Special Attack / 114 Special Defense (+45) / 35 Speed (+5); also, weight is 850kg (+200)
Typing: Steel/Electric
Ability: Electric Surge
New moves: Gyro Ball, Magnet Rise, Spark

What I decided to pursue for this one is an almost-Regigigas-esque route (without being quite so terribly crippled outside of its five turns, though, haha) - an extremely powerful Pokémon, but one that's held back by its need to last five turns in battle before it can use the best options available to it.

Mega Copperajah is alarmingly hard-hitting with its main STAB of Gyro Ball alone, even while barely boosting its Attack, particularly in conjunction with the Speed-lowering effect of Curse. Particularly now that its weight has gone up to make it hit maximum power reliably, it can also make effective use of Heat Crash as a similarly high-powered coverage move.
so the crazy thing is that Mega Copperajah hitting itemless with +5 Attack is already hitting as hard as Mega Camerupt - the same thing that took guaranteed crits to achieve for Mega Hatterene? and this thing is normally allowed to hold a Choice Band?? I know it's slow and not as bulky as it wants to be but what the heck

Obviously, though, that part is already true of Copperajah. The main improvement of Mega Copperajah is its wildly increased bulk - its Defense and Special Defense both go up by 45 points, and it has one of the best defensive typings in the game, with eleven resistances and an immunity.
For reference, assuming the two invest their EVs the same way I specifically checked for three options: maxed HP, maxed Defense or Special Defense but not the other, and both of those together, it seems like it's consistently about 25% bulkier than a Mew invested in the same stats, and it also has a much better defensive typing and hits much harder.
It may also be worth comparing it to Mega Audino, which basically had its extreme bulk as its only strong suit and suffered from a base 80 Special Attack - Mega Copperajah is bulkier.
Mega Audino does have one notable advantage over Mega Copperajah, which is that it doesn't bother investing in Special Attack and therefore has more room for defensive EV investment, but... well, actually, Mega Copperajah without offensive investment is still hitting at around the level of Mega Sharpedo, and barely under Mega Gardevoir also about what Mega Aggron would be if it could afford to run Attack EVs (totally didn't calc for this and then realize it wasn't a thing), so some players may well find it viable to make the same trade. This thing is a tank.

The catch - the part that I'm hoping will keep it in check and give it a unique playing style - is its Ability, Electric Surge.
While Mega Copperajah is incredibly good at taking hits, its only form of reliable recovery is in Rest - and rather than helping Copperajah, Electric Surge serves to impose a five-turn timer before it's allowed to use that move. This stops it from directly outclassing similar bulky offensive and defensive Mega Evolutions: despite its superior bulk, it takes much more confidence and skillful maneuvering to count on it to wall its opponents, and it can easily be worn down over time if used recklessly.
Magnet Rise is an interesting tech option that both temporarily gets rid of its double Ground weakness and lets it ignore all five turns of its Electric Terrain, letting it use Rest as soon as it needs, but as useful as this sounds, it comes at the surprisingly major cost of a single moveslot - what would probably be Mega Copperajah's single best set is a CRO set, which it can't use without all four of Heavy Slam, Curse, Rest and Sleep Talk.
Because it can't run that set and Magnet Rise at the same time, Electric Surge still uniquely influences the way a set like that is pressured to play. With that in mind, Magnet Rise doesn't undermine the use of Electric Surge as a hindering Ability - it opens up an interesting and unique alternative, but it doesn't let it become as strong as it might have been without its Ability.

Flavorfully, Electric Surge reflects its partnership with Chairman Rose, who does not have the patience to wait for it to Rest runs an energy company, as well as the conductive properties of copper.

I'm honestly pretty happy with all of these - I think they should all have unique and fun playing styles (we've never had an offensive user of an Ability like Merciless, never had Electric Surge used as a hindering Ability and never had anything quite like Contaminate), and I would be super excited to see any of them playable!
Definitely open to feedback on them if there's anything people think should be changed!!

One small question I have: how acceptable would it be to include Draco Meteor as a new move for Toxtricity? Obviously, as a non-Dragon-type, it wouldn't be able to get it by tutor, but Draco Meteor has been an event move for Jirachi in the past, so it's still possible for Toxtricity to learn it that way.
Competitively speaking, it wouldn't affect its damage output very much - without STAB, it does slightly less than all three of the other main offensive moves it would run 130 power vs effective 135 Thunderbolt and Sludge Bomb, 137.5 Sludge Wave and 140 Boomburst, it only hits one type super effectively, and it's also less accurate and comes at a drawback - but it might have some value in being a type that's harder to resist than its other three moves, and it's well established that Dragon pairs well offensively with Poison.
This is admittedly less a major competitive thing and more just a flavor thing; Toxtricity is found in what's implied to be the site where Eternatus's meteor landed, and it generally has a stronger connection to Eternatus and the Darkest Day than other Gigantamaxes, so I thought it might be a fun addition without being too impactful on its viability. And hey, getting it as an event move isn't even that strange in itself - it's already one of the few event-only Gigantamaxes, so it makes a bit of sense to imply an event distribution of some kind to go with its Mega Stone!
Regardless, it's not important enough to include it in the submission from the start - particularly since it's normally such an exclusive move, I'll wait for confirmation before I add it, haha.

Edit: Aaaah, thanks, DrPumpkinz!! That means a lot!!
And yeah, that's a good point - on a flavor level, it doesn't make a ton of sense for it to have absolutely no Electric-type moves. For the moment, I'll go ahead and add Spark, mainly because I anticipate that that will be more or less consistently inferior to Heavy Slam and it felt like the smallest possible change for the moment, but I'm not sure if it's better to have a flavor-only move or if giving it a viable Electric STAB would be a good thing after all. I do sort of like the idea that stalling out its Electric Surge/fighting outside of Electric Terrain would consistently be a good thing, so I'm leaning away from incentivizing any moves that would prefer to be under its effects, but I could go either way on this!
(For comparison, a Zing Zap coming off of this Attack stat in Electric Terrain is about as strong as Mega Latios's Psychic or Mega Ampharos's Thunderbolt, which feels a little too good for something meant to be discouraged. Meanwhile, Spark is technically still strong enough to be usable as coverage - if it's super effective or Steel is resisted, it does outdamage max power Heavy Slam - but it feels like it would have a smaller impact on the kind of move it prefers to run in general!)
In exchange, I think it's best to drop Steelsurge, since that was already a last-minute addition and relatively tangential to its role, but I'm also open to trading that for Anchor Shot if people think it's more interesting (or less of a stretch in flavor)! I definitely agree that having at least some Electric-type STAB is important for flavor, though, and it was remiss of me not to have something there in the first place - good call on that!

Edit 2: haha right so this is embarrassing-- you know how Heavy Slam caps out at 120 power, but Gyro Ball goes up to 150? I may or may not have had those ranges flipped in my head, so I was overestimating Copperajah's damage output by no less than 25% this entire time. No wonder everyone else was giving it higher Attack...
Anyway, I think this is much more important to fulfilling the concept than Anchor Shot was (if it only had Heavy Slam, there would hardly be grounds for Electric Surge in the first place, which I think is the most interesting thing about it), so I've made another replacement to fit that in instead. Now it should work as intended! Sorry about this, haha.

Last edited:
Oh, awesome!! I'm glad you agreed!
Would you like me to update the spreadsheet with these, or do you have it already? C:

Also...
I was ready this time!!
These were the only three G-Maxes left, so I kinda figured they'd have to be the slate, haha.

Pokémon name:
Mega Toxtricity
Mega Stone name: Toxtricitite this is so fun to say
Stats: 75 HP / 111 Attack (+13) / 100 Defense (+30) / 129 Special Attack (+15) / 100 Special Defense (+30) / 87 Speed (+12)
Typing: Electric/Poison
Ability: Contaminate (Intimidate variant: lowers opponents' Special Defense by one stage on entering battle)
New moves: None for now but see the end of the post for one consideration

Alright, this one's Ability is going to sound very strong at first, but hear me out...
Okay, so this is designed to play to Toxtricity's existing role: not as a sweeper but as a wallbreaker.
On the very first turn that it Mega Evolves, it effectively has a single guaranteed maximum-power hit (Mega Evolution takes place after switching on a given turn, so the opponent can't switch out in between the immediate Special Defense drop and Toxtricity's first move), but in general, it's more oriented towards pressuring switches than attacking at full power - if Mega Toxtricity tries to stay in and sweep, lowering Special Defense on entry doesn't really help it against any opponent except its first, and the opponent can nullify even that debuff just by switching out before it attacks. Ideally, then, you'll be playing it in a way that takes advantage of those forced switches rather than expecting to hit every opponent incredibly hard.

In terms of damage output, after accounting for Contaminate, all of Mega Toxtricity's main attacks are very similar to Mega Sceptile's Leaf Storm - a similar example of a Mega Evolution that does most of its damage with a powerful but pretty much non-spammable move. Without the benefit of Contaminate, the same attacks end up more or less in line with Mega Sceptile's Dragon Pulse instead. With this in mind, I definitely think it's an appropriate power level for a Mega Evolution.

Perhaps more helpfully, it's also worth comparing the Mega to Toxtricity's current sets. First of all, Toxtricity's base form has Punk Rock - which is already a free 30% boost to Boomburst and Overdrive, compared to the 50% of a Special Defense drop, meaning the actual increase in potential damage output from Contaminate alone is more like 15% than 50% (~26% thanks to the Special Attack boost).
That said, base Toxtricity also always runs Choice Specs, which is a 50% boost in itself - combining that with Overdrive is already more than it's gaining from its Mega Stone, and Contaminate actually comes with some similar drawbacks to Choice Specs anyway: both of them frequently require Toxtricity to switch out after it manages a KO, Choice Specs by locking it into an undesirable move and Contaminate by no longer affecting its damage against the new opponent, and Toxtricity's opponent actually has the potential to reduce Contaminate damage much more than they can reduce Choice Specs damage if they choose to switch out. However, the flexibility of being able to change moves afterwards - including making use of options like Volt Switch rather than being forced to hard switch and lose momentum if it does face an unfavorable matchup - should more than make up for the loss of its initial power boost.

With this in mind, Mega Toxtricity has the potential to be very good at two things: wallbreaking and creating momentum. Its main job is to switch in, force a switch or break a wall with Contaminate, Volt Switch out and repeat.
It also has a decent Speed buff, which helps it beat a small number of prominent threats more easily - notably outspeeding Manaphy and Mega Charizard Y - but leaves it slower than unboosted Excadrill and also, like, a lot of other things that are faster than Excadrill, but Excadrill is the main one that I thought should be the cutoff: an already-powerful and relatively common Pokémon that completely shuts it down with super effective STAB.
In general... I think this will probably be a fun Pokémon to use, and Contaminate + Volt Switch definitely opens up a really unique niche in supporting other offensive Pokémon as well as its own wallbreaking potential, but it also won't be broken, and there's more than enough viable counterplay that it won't carry games all by itself.

Lastly, to touch on its defenses a bit - I know that looks like a pretty big boost (especially since its Special Attack and Speed can't really get any higher, I did have a lot of leftover points to distribute), and I'm totally open to moving more of it to Attack if you think that's necessary!
That said, as it stands, basically every Ground-type move in OU is still a straight one-hit KO against it except ones from the defensive Pokémon it's supposed to threaten like Tangrowth and Latias, but they still do a lot, and even plenty of strong neutral hits are 2HKOs; that includes many from Pokémon that are faster, preventing it from switching in against them. On the other hand, it crosses into a relatively safe/3HKO-or-less range against most of the walls it's meant to break and a handful of other Pokémon with obvious type disadvantages, which is important for a Pokémon that's so dependent on being able to switch in.
With that in mind, I think this is about the right amount of bulk to facilitate its role - it pretty much just makes for relatively intuitive matchups, in that it can reliably handle the Pokémon it should but is fairly easy to damage and won't last long against anything else.

Pokémon name:
Mega Hatterene
Mega Stone name: Hatterenite
Stats: 57 HP / 90 Attack / 95 Defense / 146 Special Attack (+10) / 133 Special Defense (+30) / 89 Speed (+60)
Ability: Smite (Merciless variant: always lands a critical hit against a paralyzed foe)
New moves: Moonblast

Alright, so about that crazy boost to Speed - G-Max Hatterene is established in its flavor text as having a fair bit more... initiative than you would expect of such a static-looking Pokémon... Let's just say it has a hair-trigger temper. While it only stands still and towers over its opponents, it's said to attack the minute it senses hostility, and its moves offer a great deal of range, so having higher Speed makes a fair bit of sense in this case.
Gigantamax Hatterene also has a clear association with lightning in its Pokédex entries, and that's how it uses G-Max Smite, so centering its battle role on paralysis also seems to make a fair bit of sense.
So that's the flavor reason. The competitive reason is that it outspeeds the entire unboosted metagame after a Nuzzle and then proceeds to blow things up. The specific benchmark this reaches is positive-natured base 142s, aka Dragapult. There's not much above that that's actually relevant and can be paralyzed by Nuzzle, but you can also add the last few - Accelgor, Mega Aerodactyl and Alakazam - with very little extra investment if you want.

I initially found myself struggling to think of what a Mega Hatterene could offer over the base form. It already has one of the best utility Abilities in the game; it would be unreasonable (and boring) to try to outdamage the standard Life Orb set just by boosting Special Attack (for reference, it takes base 192); and if it's just sticking to the role it already has, it would arguably even benefit from lowering both its Attack and its Speed (for Foul Play and Trick Room, respectively). Without some kind of role switch, there wasn't much to do except increase its Special Attack and its bulk way beyond reason, and even that might struggle to compete if it didn't keep its base form's incredible Ability.
However, its access to Nuzzle caught my eye when I was looking over its moveset for inspiration. It's an amazing utility move, and it's very flavorfully relevant to G-Max Hatterene, but it's not really that useful on Hatterene because it absolutely needs four specific other moves.
When I was thinking about how to highlight Nuzzle, I realized that if it was going to be competing with Hatterene's usual four moves, I might as well just make it a working replacement for one of them. Trick Room and Nuzzle are basically just two different forms of Speed control, so I chose to raise its Speed just enough that Nuzzle would usurp it as the preferred version, and then I made its Ability one that could capitalize on paralyzing its opponents before it attacked so it was incentivized to do it (otherwise, who's going to waste a turn on just speed control if they have to repeat it for every individual opponent? at that point, it would just be better to attack).

Confession: I gave it Moonblast because I did all of my preparatory calcs under the misguided belief that it already had it. It did not.

In terms of power level, I decided to make it equate to Mega Camerupt to clarify, this is with Hatterene assuming a crit and Camerupt assuming a normal hit - I know it looks like they ended up with roughly the same Special Attack, but be aware that a Sheer Force-boosted Fire Blast is actually slightly stronger than a critical Moonblast on its own. Both are terrifying offensively, but they're too slow to sweep an opposing team; if you can manage to get them onto the field and in a good position to attack, they're extremely threatening, but in return, you can only really attack for "free" if you manage to force a switch, because everything that stays in is all but guaranteed a free hit against them before they can hit as hard as you expect. In Mega Camerupt's case, that's just because it's slower than everything; in Mega Hatterene's, it's because it relies on crippling its opponents before it attacks them.

Still, though - if you can get Hatterene in on a favorable matchup (made easier by Magic Bounce, which allows its base form to switch in on a wider range of targets), you can pretty much guarantee that something is taking heavy damage no matter what, and it's pretty fun to be able to punish even unfavorable switches with paralysis! In short, as with Mega Camerupt, it's pretty easy to check Mega Hatterene, but it's very dangerous to hard switch into it, so if you're able to get it onto the field safely against an opponent it threatens, it can promise some extremely valuable contributions to the battle.

Anddd... last one! This might be a slightly strange direction to take it, but here's what I have in mind:

Pokémon name:
Mega Copperajah
Mega Stone name: Copperajanite
Stats: 122 HP / 135 Attack (+5) / 114 Defense (+45) / 80 Special Attack / 114 Special Defense (+45) / 35 Speed (+5); also, weight is 850kg (+200)
Typing: Steel/Electric
Ability: Electric Surge
New moves: Anchor Shot, Magnet Rise, Steelsurge (sets the hazard from G-Max Steelsurge)
Might as well, since I only had two moves down and you said it was allowed! It's not super important to this particular concept - I'm not actually sure if the set I expect this to run will even use it - but more options are always good!

What I decided to pursue for this one is an almost-Regigigas-esque route (without being quite so terribly crippled outside of its five turns, though, haha) - an extremely powerful Pokémon, but one that's held back by its need to last five turns in battle before it can use the best options available to it.

Mega Copperajah is alarmingly hard-hitting with its main STAB of Heavy Slam alone, even while barely boosting its Attack, particularly now that its weight has gone up to make it hit maximum power reliably; it also already has (and often uses) Heat Crash as a similarly high-powered coverage move.
so the crazy thing is that Mega Copperajah hitting itemless with +5 Attack is already hitting as hard as Mega Camerupt - the same thing that took guaranteed crits to achieve for Mega Hatterene? and this thing is normally allowed to hold a Choice Band?? I know it's slow and not as bulky as it wants to be but what the heck

Obviously, though, that part is already true of Copperajah. The main improvement of Mega Copperajah is its wildly increased bulk - its Defense and Special Defense both go up by 45 points, and it has one of the best defensive typings in the game, with eleven resistances and an immunity.
For reference, assuming the two invest their EVs the same way I specifically checked for three options: maxed HP, maxed Defense or Special Defense but not the other, and both of those together, it seems like it's consistently about 25% bulkier than a Mew invested in the same stats, and it also has a much better defensive typing and hits much harder.
It may also be worth comparing it to Mega Audino, which basically had its extreme bulk as its only strong suit and suffered from a base 80 Special Attack - Mega Copperajah is bulkier.
Mega Audino does have one notable advantage over Mega Copperajah, which is that it doesn't bother investing in Special Attack and therefore has more room for defensive EV investment, but... well, actually, Mega Copperajah without offensive investment is still hitting at around the level of Mega Sharpedo, and barely under Mega Gardevoir also about what Mega Aggron would be if it could afford to run Attack EVs (totally didn't calc for this and then realize it wasn't a thing), so some players may well find it viable to make the same trade. This thing is a tank.

The catch - the part that I'm hoping will keep it in check give it a unique playing style - is its Ability, Electric Surge.
While Mega Copperajah is incredibly good at taking hits, its only form of reliable recovery is in Rest - and rather than helping Copperajah, Electric Surge serves to impose a five-turn timer before it's allowed to use that move. This stops it from directly outclassing similar bulky offensive and defensive Mega Evolutions: despite its superior bulk, it takes much more confidence and skillful maneuvering to count on it to wall its opponents, and it can easily be worn down over time if used recklessly.
The reason I gave it Anchor Shot is to give it a fair shot at dealing with that: if it can manage to trap an opponent that it knows it can handle for five turns, it can stall out its own Electric Terrain and become a much more threatening wall, which theoretically means getting much more out of its excellent stats than it otherwise would. Magnet Rise is a more direct option that both temporarily gets rid of its double Ground weakness and lets it ignore all five turns of its Electric Terrain, letting it use Rest as soon as it needs. But both of these options come at the surprisingly major cost of a single moveslot - what would probably be Mega Copperajah's single best set is a CRO set, which it can't use without Heavy Slam, Curse, Rest and Sleep Talk, so Electric Surge still uniquely influences the way a set like that is pressured to play.
With that in mind, these two niche options don't undermine the use of Electric Surge as a hindering Ability - they open up some interesting and unique alternatives, but they don't let it become as strong as it might have been without its Ability.

Flavorfully, Electric Surge reflects its partnership with Chairman Rose, who does not allow Rest before the world is saved runs an energy company, as well as the conductive properties of copper.

I'm honestly pretty happy with all of these - I think they should all have unique and fun playing styles (we've never an offensive user of an Ability like Merciless, never seen Electric Surge used as a hindering Ability and never had anything quite like Contaminate), and I would be super excited to see any of them playable!
Definitely open to feedback on them if there's anything people think should be changed!!

One small question I have: how acceptable would it be to include Draco Meteor as a new move for Toxtricity? Obviously, as a non-Dragon-type, it wouldn't be able to get it by tutor, but Draco Meteor has been an event move for Jirachi in the past, so it's still possible for Toxtricity to learn it that way.
Competitively speaking, it wouldn't affect its damage output very much - without STAB, it does slightly less than all three of the other main offensive moves it would run 130 power vs effective 135 Thunderbolt and Sludge Bomb, 137.5 Sludge Wave and 140 Boomburst, it only hits one type super effectively, and it's also less accurate and comes at a drawback - but it might have some value in being a type that's harder to resist than its other three moves, and it's well established that Dragon pairs well offensively with Poison.
This is admittedly less a major competitive thing and more just a flavor thing; Toxtricity is found in what's implied to be the site where Eternatus's meteor landed, and it generally has a stronger connection to Eternatus and the Darkest Day than other Gigantamaxes, so I thought it might be a fun addition without being too impactful on its viability. And hey, getting it as an event move isn't even that strange in itself - it's already one of the few event-only Gigantamaxes, so it makes a bit of sense to imply an event distribution of some kind to go with its Mega Stone!
Regardless, it's not important enough to include it in the submission from the start - particularly since it's normally such an exclusive move, I'll wait for confirmation before I add it, haha.
These are amazing! One gripe: it bothers me that Copperajah is Electric despite not having any Electric STAB. Give it Wild Charge, Volt Switch, Thunder Fang, anything. I know you wanted the terrain to be a hindering force, but still.

Pokemon Name: Toxtricity-Mega
Mega Stone: Toxtricitite
Stats: 75/150(+52)/79(+9)/90(-24)/100(+30)/108(+33) (Amped),
75/90(-8)/98(+28)/134(+20)/110(+40)/95(+20) (Low Key) (BST: 602)
Type: Electric/Poison
Ability: Corrosion (Low Key Form), Merciless (Amped Form)
New Moves: Cosmic Power, Magnet Rise
Description: I gave toxtricity physical power while reducing its special power. It had some bulk it needed badly and its moveset is already good enough. However it have a heavy 4MSS as it gets a whole lot of good moves. P.S. I'm copying the different form different stats Idea
Amped Form:
Drain Punch
Facade
Fire Punch
Gunk Shot
Poison Jab
Power-up Punch
Shift Gear
Throat Chop
Thunder Punch
Wild Charge

Low Key Form:
Acid Spray
Boomburst
Hex
Sludge Bomb
Sludge Wave
Snarl
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch

Both:
Cosmic Power
Encore
Magnet Rise
Nuzzle
Protect
Substitute
Taunt
Toxic

Pokemon: Hatterene-Mega
Mega Stone: Hatterenite
Stats: 57/80(-10)/118(+23)/176(+40)/145(+42)/34(+5) (BST: 610)
Type: Psychic/Fairy
Ability: Magic Guard
New Moves: Moonblast, Cosmic Power
Description: Far more bulkier, hits almost like a meteor (Deoxys-A), slow enough that TR is still good, minor 4MSS, and Magic Guard being a viable stall ability perhaps better than Magic Bounce. Though it seems a bit too OP. Tell me if I need to change anything.

Pokemon: Copperajah-Mega
Mega Stone: Copperajite
Stats: 122/200(+70)/110(+41)/60(-20)/70(+1)/38(+8) (BST: 600)
Type: Steel/Fighting
Ability: Slow Start
New Moves: Stealth Metal (Steel-type SR), Swords Dance, Skill Swap
Description: It's Psuedo-Regigigas, except much better. It has Skill Swap to cripple / force a switch from the opponent, allowing it to set up SD. It's a monster if you have TR assist. Overall this would most likely dominate the metagame, especially with TR support. Stealth Metal is good and it might be too OP so I'm considering to replace Swords Dance with Dragon Dance.

Last edited:

(+300 kg / 661.39 lbs)
Pokemon Name: Copperajah
Mega Stone Name: Copperajite
Stats: 122 / 165 (+35) / 119 (+50) / 80 / 84 (+15) / 30
Typing:

Ability:
Defiant
New Moves: Copper Mines*, Gyro Ball, Liquidation.
*Copper Mines: Steel-type Stealth Rock Clone.
Competitive Description: Entry hazard setter that threatens defoggers such as Corviknight or Defog Rotom-Heat.​

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
Ooh is it Copperajah time?

Fun Fact: The hazards set by Gmax Steelsurge are called “sharp spikes” according to the move description, and are described as sharp-pointed pieces of steel that float in the air when the move is used in battle. Sharp Spikes is a boring name though, so I’m curious to see what kinds of other names people come up with for them.

Pokemon: Copperajah-Mega
Stats: 122/210(+80)/100(+31)/60(-20)/70(+1)/38(+8) (BST: 600)
Type: Steel/Fighting
Ability: Slow Start
New Moves: Stealth Metal (Steel-type SR), Swords Dance, Entrainment
Description: It's Psuedo-Regigigas, except much better. It never needs the speed and SD will fix the attack drop. It's a monster if you have TR assist. Overall this would dominate UU and fit in OU as a setup sweeper. Stealth Metal is good and it might be too OP so I'm considering to replace SD with Dragon Dance or change Entrainment to Cosmic Power.
Huh, that's a really original role for a Mega Copperajah!
Jokes aside, I do think you might be... overestimating this stat spread's viability a little bit?
I thought I should point out that - despite its seemingly impressive base 210 Attack - for the five turns of Slow Start, that amounts to... about base 80 with full investment, or base 96 with no investment. For reference, that's less than a non-Mega Mawile that's also not holding an item. Non-Mega Mawile also gets Swords Dance, and it's also faster than this (okay, not saying much) and has priority (that's a little more important), and it's allowed to hold an item, and it comes with the utility of Intimidate... but it's still a lower tier than Copperajah itself.
To be honest, I think it's quite likely that regular Copperajah would see an increase in viability thanks to the additions of Swords Dance and Stealth Metal, but it would almost never use its Mega Stone in favor of other items that don't make it weaker than it already is. Plenty of faster, harder-hitting Mega Evolutions already have access to Swords Dance, so I don't think that alone is enough to compensate for Slow Start, and this is too slow (and honestly too frail... base 122 HP gets you pretty far, but with Special Defense like that and how long it's going to take to hurt anything back with Attack that low, you're gonna get worn down very quickly by whatever outspeeds you, which is everything) to get much done after it wastes a turn on that, let alone enough to last five turns first, even with the benefits of Protect and Rest.
For reference, do note that Regigigas is untiered, and having a few advantages relative to that is almost definitely not enough to make this dominant in UU like you say, let alone viable in OU - I'm not sure if a Slow Start attacker is really a direction that works for a Pokémon like this, especially for a Mega Evolution that can't use another item to bounce back.
There's a reason I used the concept of "pseudo-Regigigas" more loosely than actually giving it Slow Start when I proposed it in my own submission, haha.

On the other hand, Entrainment + Slow Start is definitely a neat combo and not one that you get to see often, so I think maybe leaning into that a little more and aiming for more of a crippler role than an offensive role might get you something worth using? The fact that it's cleared after switching out still makes me skeptical of its utility in comparison to something less volatile, like a burn, but it feels more unique and less detrimental to Copperajah's role, so if you're intent on sticking with Slow Start at all, that might be a direction worth taking!

That aside, I really love your Toxtricity submission!! It has a surprisingly good physical movepool, and honestly, the Gigantamax does look like it ought to be a physical attacker! (And Cosmic Power is always a fun utility option!)
And I also don't think you have to worry about your Hatterene being overpowered! It's a nice role shift - relative to its current sets, that has slightly less immediate offensive power in exchange for a good amount more bulk and no Life Orb recoil - and I think that pairs well with the moves you gave it! Magic Guard is also an interesting Ability here, because it can't abuse it offensively in conjunction with an item (Life Orb or Focus Sash) but it does get to reap all of its defensive benefits, which suits its new role super well and compensates effectively for the loss of Magic Bounce. That looks like a solid Mega to me. C:

Gojiratar, I'm not gonna say as much because you didn't ask for feedback, but since I'm making a post anyway: definitely an A+ Mega Copperajah! That has a clearly defined role and carries it out really well, and Defiant is such a perfect Ability to support that.

Edit: Demon Dragon
- I love the Copperajah
- I like the Hatterene
- I'm not sure if you were here for the Cinderace on the last page, but I feel like I should point out a similar problem on your Toxtricity, although it's much less extreme - that is harder-hitting, bulkier and three points faster than the currently-uber Mega Lucario (the current second-hardest-hitting unboosted Mega Evolution in the game), and like you pointed out, that's on top of a very auspicious offensive type for this meta.

In general (not just you), I feel like a concerning number of people this slate are lowering the less-used offensive stat to get more points to spend elsewhere, and I think I should point out that this is a very rare and generally kinda bad practice.
The only canon Mega Evolution that uses that trick to exploit the +100 BST is Mega Beedrill, and the only reason it does that is because its base form had a BST of 385 - even if it had a +130 boost from the start rather than lowering Special Attack, its raw BST would be only 515, which is still among the lowest of all Mega Evolutions. Its actual BST of 485 surpasses only Mawile and Sableye, both of which are even higher-tier than Beedrill anyway thanks to their Abilities, and is even lower than many of their non-Mega forms, including all three of the Pokémon in this slate.
Even then, Mega Beedrill is extremely average among Mega Evolutions in its damage output, has terrible bulk, has a terrible offensive typing and is a pivot with a Stealth Rock weakness, so it clearly needed it badly - consider just how unviable Mega Beedrill would have been without relying on this, and then consider whether anything on the current slate really needs the same help.
Other than that, not a single canon Mega Evolution lowers its unused attacking stat, and of the ones that lower Speed, all but Mega Heracross (which is still only getting an extra ten points) intentionally dump at least that many points into the unused offensive stat; lowering Speed is consistently used as a nerf, not, again, an exploit to bypass the +100 limit.
I'm not saying this is inherently bad or should be disallowed, but it feels like something to discourage and use more sparingly, so I'm just gonna put this here as advice and hope people notice, haha.
Worth noting: the only Mega Evolution that does this that's been accepted to Megamax so far is Mega Gengar X, which notably changes from special to physical so technically it does put all of the points into its lower attacking stat, and it can still only really hit as hard as it wants with its Psychic STAB because its other physical moves suffer from lower power. It definitely doesn't feel like a move to grab extra power - it was actually specifically made with the intention to be weaker than the existing Mega Gengar - and I think it's a good example of a "right" way to do something like this.

Corrected the Beedrill segment in a later edit. The previous edit was about two hours ago.

Last edited:
I'm back!

Stats: 122 / 160 (+30) / 99 (+30) / 50 (-30) / 109 (+40) / 60 (+30)
Typing:
/

Ability: Filter
New Moves: Iron Shards (Steel-type SR), Knock Off, Shore Up
Description: Yeah, yeah, this may seem like an inferior Excadrill at first, but Mega Copperajah still has a few advantages over the mole. For one, it has a good defensive typing aided further by its ability due to having no 4x weakness and better bulk than Excadrill. Second, it is the only Pokemon to get Steel-type Stealth Rock, which surprisingly cripples more than you'd think, including Darmanitan-Galar, Clefable, Tyranitar, Kyurem and Tapu Lele. Lastly, it has a reliable source of recovery, which combined with its bulk and Filter, can make it hard to take down. Unfortunately, its speed is still mediocre, meaning that offensive Pokemon will have no trouble outspeeding it. It is also weak to many prominent threats, including Mega Blastoise, Heatran (unless it uses EQ on the switch), Volcarona, and Mega Lopunny.

Pokemon Name: Hatterene
Mega Stone Name: Hatterite
Stats: 57 / 60 (-30) / 115 (+20) / 176 (+40) / 123 (+20) / 79 (+50)
Typing:
/

Ability: Motor Drive
New Moves: Thunderbolt, Volt Switch
Description: NatDex OU has a surprising lack of Electric-types for some reason. Well, Hatterene-Gmax is here to fix all that! Thanks to its great offensive typing and ridiculous Sp. Atk (only 4 points away from Deoxys-A's!), Hatterene-Gmax can easily nuke foes like Mega Blastoise, Tapu Fini, Toxapex, Corviknight, and Mega Slowbro. Motor Drive also helps alleviate its low Speed by being able to switch in on foes like Zapdos. However, despite its high offensive power, its defensive typing is not so great as it leaves itself open to foes like Landorus-T, Excadrill, Gastrodon, and Tyranitar. Its speed also lets many foes revenge kill it easily. It also can't break through certain defensive pokemon despite the high Special Attack, like Chansey, Mega Latias, and surprisingly, itself!

Pokemon Name: Toxtricity
Mega Stone Name: Toxtricite
Stats: 75 / 68 (-30) / 100 (+30) / 144 (+30) / 100 (+30) / 115 (+40)
Typing:
/

Ability: Levitate
New Moves: Energy Ball, Toxic Spikes
Description: Thanks to Levitate, Toxtricity's biggest fear is now gone, as it can now KO those pesky Ground-types with Energy Ball. It also gains some bulk and speed so that it has a greater chance of switching in on neutral hits and can outpace some wallbreakers and sweepers. Lastly, Toxic Spikes allows it to support its team by crippling walls like Chansey. However, it is still weak to Psychic types like Mega Alakazam and Tapu Lele, and Mold Breaker Excadrill smashes it easily.

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
I'm back!

Stats: 122 / 160 (+30) / 99 (+30) / 50 (-30) / 109 (+40) / 60 (+30)
Typing:
/

Ability: Filter
New Moves: Iron Shards (Steel-type SR), Knock Off, Shore Up
Description: Yeah, yeah, this may seem like an inferior Excadrill at first, but Mega Copperajah still has a few advantages over the mole. For one, it has a good defensive typing aided further by its ability due to having no 4x weakness and better bulk than Excadrill. Second, it is the only Pokemon to get Steel-type Stealth Rock, which surprisingly cripples more than you'd think, including Darmanitan-Galar, Clefable, Tyranitar, Kyurem and Tapu Lele. Lastly, it has a reliable source of recovery, which combined with its bulk and Filter, can make it hard to take down. Unfortunately, its speed is still mediocre, meaning that offensive Pokemon will have no trouble outspeeding it. It is also weak to many prominent threats, including Mega Blastoise, Heatran (unless it uses EQ on the switch), Volcarona, and Mega Lopunny.

Stats: 57 / 60 (-30) / 115 (+20) / 176 (+40) / 123 (+20) / 79 (+50)
Typing:
/

Ability: Motor Drive
New Moves: Thunderbolt, Volt Switch
Description: NatDex OU has a surprising lack of Electric-types for some reason. Well, Hatterene-Gmax is here to fix all that! Thanks to its great offensive typing and ridiculous Sp. Atk (only 4 points away from Deoxys-A's!), Hatterene-Gmax can easily nuke foes like Mega Blastoise, Tapu Fini, Toxapex, Corviknight, and Mega Slowbro. Motor Drive also helps alleviate its low Speed by being able to switch in on foes like Zapdos. However, despite its high offensive power, its defensive typing is not so great as it leaves itself open to foes like Landorus-T, Excadrill, Gastrodon, and Tyranitar. Its speed also lets many foes revenge kill it easily. It also can't break through certain defensive pokemon despite the high Special Attack, like Chansey, Mega Latias, and surprisingly, itself!

Pokemon Name: Toxtricity
Mega Stone Name: Toxtricite
Stats: 75 / 78 (-20) / 90 (+20) / 144 (+30) / 100 (+30) / 115 (+40)
Typing:
/

Ability: Adulterate (Poison-type Aerilate)
New Moves: Energy Ball, Toxic Spikes
Description: Three words: Poison. Type. Boomburst. Surprisingly, Toxtricity's typing is a remarkable offensive type in NatDex OU, hitting foes like Clefable, Tapu Fini, Corviknight, and Serperior super effectively. It also has a new tech in Energy Ball to dissuade Ground-types from entering, as well as Toxic Spikes to cripple walls like Chansey. It also gains a big speed boost so it doesn't have to waste a slot on Shift Gear to outspeed foes. Unforunately, it is helpless against foes like Ferrothorn, Magnezone and Dragapult due to none of its moves being able to hit them hard. Its typing also leaves it weak to Ground and Psychic types as well due to its subpar bulk.
I'm very skeptical as to how balanced your Mega Toxtricity is. 144 Special Attack with a 168 BP STAB seems like a very, VERY bad idea. To give you an idea, in AAA Noivern is high tier with 97 SpA and 123 Speed, along with less defensive utility. I'm vetoing this unless you can provide some calcs that prove it has sufficient defensive counterplay outside of a handful of Pokemon (like I'm pretty sure Dragapult gets 2HKOed).

This might be against the rules, but I think it's a really cool idea, so I don't care.

Mega Toxtricity

Mega Stone: Toxtricitite (this is indeed very fun to say)
Ability: Acid Rock
Like Intimidate, Acid Rock activates once upon field entry. In this case, it will poison all opponents, unless of course they already have a status condition or are otherwise immune to the poison status. I have a feeling that might be completely busted (apparently Gigazard's chip damage is ridiculously good in doubles) so for balancing, I'm open to also poisoning your ally or inflicting a special poison that starts out weak like bad poison but doesn't increase in power. Feedback would be appreciated.​

Anyway, what struck me about Toxtricity was its seemingly pointless form difference. Both Amped and Low Key have identical stats and identical abilities (Plus and Minus have been clones of each other since Gen 5), with the only non-cosmetic difference being two level-up moves: Amped gets Venoshock and Shift Gear, while Low Key gets Venom Drench and Magnetic Flux. It seems like Game Freak wanted to make Amped offensive and Low Key defensive, but all it amounted to was exclusively using Amped because it had the possibility to run Shift Gear (not sure how different the situation is in doubles, but I imagine it's similar).

With that in mind, we come to the thing that might not be allowed: giving the forms different mega stats.

Amped:
75 / 125 (+27) / 80 (+10) / 141 (+27) / 80 (+10) / 101 (+26)

Low Key:
75 / 98 / 115 (+45) / 108 (-6) / 115 (+45) / 91 (+16)

With their distinct stats and their ability to spread poison with ease, the Toxtricities are now able to utilize their unique moves to differentiate themselves. Amped can fire off powerful Venoshocks and pressure switches into unpoisoned foes, kind of like Hematite's version. Low Key will probably still be outclassed in singles, but it might have some use in doubles thanks to Venom Drench hitting both opponents.

I can't think of anything good for Copperajah, but I do have an idea for Hatterene. I can't think of a way to make it not seem super niche and gimmicky, but it's pretty neat and someone might want to refine it or use it as a starting point. The idea is to have a new ability called Silence or Smother or something like that. It would have one of two field-wide effects on sound moves (or "emotion" moves, if you can somehow quantify that). Either it would completely nullify them like how Damp nullifies explosive moves, or it would cause Hatterene to immediately take a free action after the move is used. Kinda like Dancer, but instead of copying the dance move, Hatterene just beats the shit out of whoever used the move, even if it's her ally.

Oh, it might not be necessary to point this out in its own post, but I have been doing a lot of edits to my others and was worried this would get lost in there speaking of that, please do read the end of my last one if you hadn't noticed it yet!, so I thought it would be best to do something slightly more noticeable for this - since I was looking at Mega Gengar X's stats for that discussion on stat drops, I just noticed that it only adds up to a +95 stat boost!
(I cross-referenced the original submission to make sure it wasn't a clerical error on my part when I was copying it over to the spreadsheet, but it was indeed like that from the start.)
Conveniently, Yung Dramps is in charge here and it was his own sub - it should probably be pretty easy for you to resolve this however you think is best (whether that's leaving it as is or adding +5 somewhere). C:

Oh my goodness, DrPumpkinz, that's a fantastic idea for Mega Toxtricity!! Venoshock and especially Venom Drench are such underutilized moves, so having something dedicated to making the most of each of them sounds like an awesome niche!!
I also love that Mega Hatterene concept - that's just so in-character, haha.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Oh, it might not be necessary to point this out in its own post, but I have been doing a lot of edits to my others and was worried this would get lost in there speaking of that, please do read the end of my last one if you hadn't noticed it yet!, so I thought it would be best to do something slightly more noticeable for this - since I was looking at Mega Gengar X's stats for that discussion on stat drops, I just noticed that it only adds up to a +95 stat boost!
(I cross-referenced the original submission to make sure it wasn't a clerical error on my part when I was copying it over to the spreadsheet, but it was indeed like that from the start.)
Conveniently, Yung Dramps is in charge here and it was his own sub - it should probably be pretty easy for you to resolve this however you think is best (whether that's leaving it as is or adding +5 somewhere). C:

Oh my goodness, DrPumpkinz, that's a fantastic idea for Mega Toxtricity!! Venoshock and especially Venom Drench are such underutilized moves, so having something dedicated to making the most of each of them sounds like an awesome niche!!
I also love that Mega Hatterene concept - that's just so in-character, haha.
I opt to put that extra +5 in Speed

This might be against the rules, but I think it's a really cool idea, so I don't care.

Mega Toxtricity

Mega Stone: Toxtricitite (this is indeed very fun to say)
Ability: Acid Rock
Like Intimidate, Acid Rock activates once upon field entry. In this case, it will poison all opponents, unless of course they already have a status condition or are otherwise immune to the poison status. I have a feeling that might be completely busted (apparently Gigazard's chip damage is ridiculously good in doubles) so for balancing, I'm open to also poisoning your ally or inflicting a special poison that starts out weak like bad poison but doesn't increase in power. Feedback would be appreciated.​

Anyway, what struck me about Toxtricity was its seemingly pointless form difference. Both Amped and Low Key have identical stats and identical abilities (Plus and Minus have been clones of each other since Gen 5), with the only non-cosmetic difference being two level-up moves: Amped gets Venoshock and Shift Gear, while Low Key gets Venom Drench and Magnetic Flux. It seems like Game Freak wanted to make Amped offensive and Low Key defensive, but all it amounted to was exclusively using Amped because it had the possibility to run Shift Gear (not sure how different the situation is in doubles, but I imagine it's similar).

With that in mind, we come to the thing that might not be allowed: giving the forms different mega stats.

Amped:
75 / 125 (+27) / 80 (+10) / 141 (+27) / 80 (+10) / 101 (+26)

Low Key:
75 / 98 / 115 (+45) / 108 (-6) / 115 (+45) / 91 (+16)

With their distinct stats and their ability to spread poison with ease, the Toxtricities are now able to utilize their unique moves to differentiate themselves. Amped can fire off powerful Venoshocks and pressure switches into unpoisoned foes, kind of like Hematite's version. Low Key will probably still be outclassed in singles, but it might have some use in doubles thanks to Venom Drench hitting both opponents.

I can't think of anything good for Copperajah, but I do have an idea for Hatterene. I can't think of a way to make it not seem super niche and gimmicky, but it's pretty neat and someone might want to refine it or use it as a starting point. The idea is to have a new ability called Silence or Smother or something like that. It would have one of two field-wide effects on sound moves (or "emotion" moves, if you can somehow quantify that). Either it would completely nullify them like how Damp nullifies explosive moves, or it would cause Hatterene to immediately take a free action after the move is used. Kinda like Dancer, but instead of copying the dance move, Hatterene just beats the shit out of whoever used the move, even if it's her ally.
This is way too cool and well thought out to pass up on, I'm allowing it. I also like the flavor on your Mega Hatterene idea, for now stick with just "Damp for Sound moves" unless you can provide code for one of the more complex effects.

I'm very skeptical as to how balanced your Mega Toxtricity is. 144 Special Attack with a 168 BP STAB seems like a very, VERY bad idea. To give you an idea, in AAA Noivern is high tier with 97 SpA and 123 Speed, along with less defensive utility. I'm vetoing this unless you can provide some calcs that prove it has sufficient defensive counterplay outside of a handful of Pokemon (like I'm pretty sure Dragapult gets 2HKOed).
Okay after doing the calcs I noticed that you're right and the things that can otherwise enter on its STABs get destroyed by Energy Ball or are much too passive to do any real damage to it. I have changed Toxtricity's ability to Levitate instead and buffed its bulk a little

Pokemon: Mega Copperajah
Type: Steel
Ability: Heatproof
Stats: 122 / 160 (+30) / 94 (+25) / 80 / 114 (+45) / 30 (600 BST)
New Moves: Copper Caltrops (Steel-type Stealth Rock clone)
Other Notes: Same weight as Heavy Metal Copperajah

Mega Copperajah still lacks recovery (a deliberate choice to avoid breaking my favourite Muth), but with its newfound bulk and useful neutrality to Fire, that doesn't matter so much. While most Steel-type Megas fit best on either full stall or hyper offense, Mega Rajah's designed to slot into standard Clef/Corvi/Pex balance teams - because I'm a bastard - providing either offensive pressure and hazards with its nuclear Base 160 Atk and Copper Caltrops or a thicc wall and wincon with a Snorlax-like SpDef CurseTalk set.

(Side note: It's not easy to make Mega Copperajah feel like Mega Copperajah and not Melmetal 2.0: This Time It Has Hazards. =P)

Copperajah @ Copperajite
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Heat Crash / Power Whip
- Earthquake / Power Whip
- Copper Caltrops / Stealth Rock

Yep, it's exactly the same as Rajah's pre-Home Dynamax OU tank set, but with enough natural bulk to do its job in post-Home no-Dynamax OU and Steelsurge Copper Caltrops. The Speed EVs creep Pex and 2HKO it back with EQ, but can be dropped if you're running Power Whip instead.

Copperajah @ Copperajite
Ability: Heavy Metal
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Curse
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

This is more of a theorymon set, but CurseTalk on something with 122/94/114 defenses and only two weaknesses seems pretty damn scary on paper, ironically abusing opposing Clef/Corvi/Pex cores (plus Dragapult and the Rotoms, thanks to Heatproof) to set up to +6/+6 for free.

Last edited:

Tapler

Coral Bitch
is a Top Social Media Contributor
guess I’ll throw my Hatt into the ring
55C053FC-DA3E-4A3D-9963-A17379F60FB0.gif

Mega Stone Name: Hatterenite
Stats: 57 / 110 / 110 / 151 / 153 / 29
Ability: Persistent (CAP ability that makes Trick Room, Wonder Room, Magic Room, Gravity, Safeguard, Tailwind, and Heal Block last 2 turns longer)
New Moves: Moonblast, Gravity
Competitive Description: The main challenge in coming up with a Mega Hatterene is that it not only has to compete with the plethora of other Psychic-type Megas, but also with its base form, given how powerful Magic Bounce is. Persistent is a very interesting ability, and works well with Hatt given how reliant it typically is on Trick Room, which would also make it the only Mega that can viably both set and make use of Trick Room. Hatterene also has access to both of the other Rooms, Safeguard, and now Gravity, which all have some niche and allow it to fill an interesting support role on teams, especially in combination with Healing Wish. The stat spread makes you bulky enough to take on most special attackers, allowing you to set a field condition or go for an attack, and also lets it hit a bit harder while still needing to run both Trick Room and Calm Mind in order to really sweep. It’s low speed leaves it vulnerable to Taunt, but when first sent out, you can still take advantage of Magic Bounce to deter this. Other than that, it’s biggest weakness is definitely its typing in a metagame so full of Ghost and Steel types.

Last edited:

G-Luke

Sugar, Spice and One For All
is a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus

Stats: 57 HP / 70 Atk (-20) / 105 Def (+10) / 176 SpA (+40) / 123 SpD (+20) / 79 Spe (+50)
Typing:

Ability: Sand Rush
New Moves: Earth Power, Focus Blast

Pokemon: Mega Copperajah
Stats: 122 HP / 165 Atk (+35) / 114 Def (+45) / 50 SpA (-30) / 94 SpD (+25) / 55 Spe (+25)
Typing:

Ability: Scrappy
New Moves: Close Combat, Bulk Up, Caltrops (Steel-type Stealth Rock clone)

Last edited:

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming

Stats: 57 HP / 70 Atk (-20) / 105 Def (+10) / 176 SpA (+40) / 123 SpD (+20) / 79 Spe (+50)
Typing:

Ability: Sand Rush
New Moves: Earth Power, Focus Blast
Alright I've been pretty liberal so far with type changes and the like. But how exactly does Hatterene become a Ground type with Sand Rush??

Voting will likely begin tomorrow.

Oh! If voting is to start soon and I won't be able to edit it any more, I thought I should ask for final confirmation - I was wondering if Draco Meteor would be an acceptable move to add to my Toxtricity submission even though it's not a Dragon-type.
Here's the explanation I had for that:
Since I presumably won't be able to change it after voting starts, is this something I should include, or should I leave it out? C:

Also, for potential voters, make sure you guys look back over all of the submissions even if you had already seen them and made up your mind! A handful of these have been changed a bit since they were originally posted!
Particular shoutouts to lolgod3 for turning their Mega Copperajah into something that looks WAY more interesting and fun to use than I thought their original did - and it seems genuinely well balanced, too! Its gimmick is a very unique and interesting way to shut down physical attackers, but it still has a clear vulnerability to special moves, it's not outspeeding much even after trading Slow Start, and while its base 200 Attack looks crazy, it hits about as hard after a Skill Swap as, say, Mega Altaria after a Dragon Dance - think of it like a boosting move, and it seems perfect!

Alright I've been pretty liberal so far with type changes and the like. But how exactly does Hatterene become a Ground type with Sand Rush??
I'm guessing they're going for the part of the story of Rapunzel where the witch exiles her to a desert. Admittedly it feels like sort of a stretch if so, especially since G-Max Hatterene has no more to do with that than base Hatterene, but it makes tangential flavor sense?

Edit: wait no. Sandwitch. I can get behind that explanation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)