Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we already have 4 regenerater megas. Not totally a crime I guess, it's pretty early on so we can always just cut back on those abilities later (plus it's pretty well justified on Vaporeon.)

But we already have 4 regenerater megas. Not totally a crime I guess, it's pretty early on so we can always just cut back on those abilities later (plus it's pretty well justified on Vaporeon.)
I don't think any of the megas that have been voted on since the cancelling of reservations have Regenerator. I'll sift through them and we can sort those out later.

Def keeping Regenerator on Vaporeon though.

Valmanway

My jimmies remain unrustled
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Mega Vaporeon

Water ----> Water
Water Absorb / Hydration ----> Storm Drain
130 / 65 / 60 / 110 / 95 / 65 (525) ----> 130 / 80 / 70 / 120 / 130 / 95 (625)
New Moves: none

Mega Vaporeon takes the role of a special tank with new meaning, and is really there to be a very good counter to Water-types. With insane 130 / 70 / 130 defenses, there are very few Water-types if any that can boast the rights to 2HKO Mega Vaporeon, and most Pokemon in general will have a very hard time scoring KOes against her without boosting. Mega Vaporeon's offensive presence has also been improved some, and gaining extra Speed lets her get the jump on some opposing walls such as Skarmory and Mandibuzz, which can aid in stall wars. Combined with Scald, Heal Bell, and Wish, she'll be one helluva wall to break down.

Sure, but Regenerator Vaporeon is so natural and competitively valuable. Makes it a better cleric than ever, probably the best around.

Mega Tauros
Typing
: Normal --> Normal
Abilities: Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force --> Reckless
Stats: 75/100/95/40/70/110 --> 75/140/100/40/90/135
New Moves: Head Smash, Flare Blitz, Horn Leech

Mega Tauros is a whole new bull with this concept. The typing stays the same, for my own reasons. I gave it Reckless because that's what I picture when I see a bull blindly charging at whatever antagonizes it. The stat spread is more or less a buff to regular Tauros' stats, with slightly more emphasis on Attack.
I gave it Head Smash so it now has a more powerful pseudo-EdgeQuake, Flare Blitz due to the fact that it can shoot fire out of its mouth already (so why not charge with it?) and Horn Leech for some way to recover off the recoil.

Mega Vaporeon
Typing
: Water --> Water
Abilities: Water Absorb/Hydration --> Serene Grace
Stats: 130/65/60/110/95/65 --> 130/65/95/135/115/85
New Moves: Freeze Dry

I decided, because my ideas generally don't win, that I was going to make a nightmarish tank- so here is Mega-Vaporeon. Typing remains, but its ability becomes something dangerous- Serene Grace (60% burn chance with Scald? 20% chance to freeze with Freeze Dry? Yes please.). Its stats remain fairly proportionate to its base form, but I needed to be able to have it be a threat, so it can tank hits as well as scare with its excellent base 135 SpA. I gave it Freeze Dry because it doesn't like opposing bulky Waters too much, and also because Water-types generally have access to Ice-type moves anyway.

Mega Jolteon
Typing
: Electric --> Electric
Abilities: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet --> Lightningrod
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130 --> 65/75/85/135/115/150
New Moves: Energy Ball, Calm Mind

This entry is sure to be shocking to some people (lol). Jolteon stays Electric type (for obvious reasons). It was given Lightningrod because I didn't want to make a new ability up, and second, I didn't think of much else that fits flavour-wise. Its stats reflect its hit hard and fast, don't last long sort of battle style, albeit with more bulk. Energy Ball and Calm Mind help it get past bulky Rock and Ground types that a Hidden Power couldn't help it do.

This is my favorite ditto idea so far. It might not be balanced, but I don't care. Not all megas have to be confined to OU, if this goes to Ubers I'd be happy with that.
Glad some people liked it. I was hoping to be able to create an alternative to that other one. (For some reason, everyone seems resigned to it winning.)

Ditto's been fairly well covered by earlier suggestions IMHO.

I have two ideas for Mega Jolteon, both doing a fairly different job from what it normally does.

Mega Jolteon
Typing
Abilities: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet --> Fur Coat
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130 --> 65/75/85/130/125/145(+15 atk, +25 def, +20 satk, +30 sdef, +15 spd)

The idea for this is to let Jolteon come in on pretty much any hit that it resists - i.e., flying, steel and electric, on both sides of the spectrum, and force a switch-out: to then hit the switch-in with status or a thunderbolt or whatever. With access to Volt Switch, Toxic and Thunder Wave, but no reliable recovery, Jolteon could become a nice, blisteringly fast, non-traditional pivot. Just needs to watch out for Mold Breaker. (and its terrible coverage)

Some calcs:
Code:
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 208+ Def Fur Coat Jolteon: 98-116 (29.3 - 34.7%) -- 8.6% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 208+ Def Fur Coat Jolteon: 49-58 (14.6 - 17.3%) -- possible 6HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 208+ Def Fur Coat Jolteon: 111-132 (33.2 - 39.5%) -- 100% chance to 3HKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 208+ Def Fur Coat Jolteon: 99-117 (29.6 - 35%) -- 17.8% chance to 3HKO

252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 208+ Def Fur Coat Jolteon: 136-162 (40.7 - 48.5%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Jolteon in Sun: 252-297 (75.4 - 88.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252+ Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 208+ Def Fur Coat Jolteon: 162-192 (48.5 - 57.4%) -- 94.1% chance to 2HKO

252+ Atk Tough Claws Mega Charizard X Flare Blitz vs. 252 HP / 208+ Def Fur Coat Jolteon: 129-153 (38.6 - 45.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

just for shits + giggles:
252+ Atk Choice Band Slaking Giga Impact vs. 252 HP / 208+ Def Fur Coat Jolteon: 196-231 (58.6 - 69.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
However, Jolteon's SATK is still not that amazing, given its bad coverage - limiting its offensive presence.

== update ==

Mega Vaporeon
Typing: Water --> Water/Ghost
Abilities
: Water Absorb/Hydration --> Water Absorb
Stats: 130/65/60/110/95/65 --> 130/65/75/115/125/115 (+15 def, +5 spatk +30 spdef, +50 spd)
New Moves: Will-o-wisp

Here we have a MUCH faster, slightly bulkier, UNDEAD, Vaporeon, with an all-new and improved typing and ability that gives it immunity to three types, and it's coming to ruin your day!

Example set:
Jellicent v2.0
EVs: bulky
- Scald/wow/toxic
- Wow/toxic/sub/protect
- Wish
- Shadow Ball

Come in on something that can't touch vaporeon, like a choice-locked scizor, azu, heatran and begin being annoying.

Offensive
EVs: 252 Spatk + Speed, 4 HP
- Substitute/Baton Pass (to get out of pursuit traps)
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam

Definitely the wrong mon to try sweeping with, but probably worth it to catch someone unaware.

[removed another jolteon set as we're only allowed to do 1 per mon]

Last edited:
Mega Jolteon
Typing
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130 --> 65/65/100(+40)/140(+30)/105(+10)/150(+20)
New Moves: Calm Mind

So I was looking through the RU sub-forum where someone posted a wish passing Jolteon set. This got me thinking that maybe jolteon could be a quick cleric/ a baton passer.
I know it has small wishes, but I few them more to minimize the incoming damage the baton pass receiver would get from SR/Spikes/Attacks. I increase the defenses to make the subs/Jolteon last a little longer. I choose lightningrod because of the +2 Special Attack it gives which can be used to baton Pass off.

From it's movepool it's got cool things likes wish, heal bell, baton pass, volt-turn, Agility. All of these make it an interesting variation of pivot.

Sample Set:
HP: 218 252 Sp.Attk, 50 Speed (Timid).
Item: Jolteonite
Moves:
1-ThunderBolt/Volt Switch/Discharge
2- Wish
3- Baton Pass
4- Substitute/Agility/Hidden Power Ice/Heal Bell.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
None of the Eeveelutions should get a secondary typing. They should all stay with their respective pure type.

That being said, here's my entry:

Vaporeon

Water ----> Water
Water Absorb / Hydration ----> Water Absorb
130/65/60/110/95/65 (525) ----> 130/65/100/130/135/65 (625)
...............................................--/--/+40/+20/+40/--

Nothing original here, just buffed what we had. More defense, special attack and special defense.

None of the Eeveelutions should get a secondary typing. They should all stay with their respective pure type.
Agreed.

There is really no fitting typing that can be added to any of them. I get that we're supposed to focus on the meta first, but that doesn't require you to throw flavour to the side or ignore it completely. Don't just slap Steel on something and say "it turns into a robot".

I also see a lot of Calm Mind on Jolteon... what sense does that make? It's known for getting angry/agitated and causing it hair to stand on end as a defense, that's practically the opposite of being calm.

Last edited:
Current Slate

Tauros:
Type: Normal/Water
Ability: Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force > Sheer Force
New Moves: Play Rough, Waterfall, Jump Kick
Stats: 75/100/95/40/70/110 > 75/120 (+20)/95/100 (+60)/70/130 (+20)

Mega-Bull is meant to be a mixed wallbreaker. I gave him a massive increase in his Special Attack stat to at least make his Special moves usable as coverage. I gave minor increases to his attack and speed too. The Water typing was given due to the design of my Mega-Tauros (Which at the moment I can't describe). Play Rough gives him a bit more useful coverage against Fighting-types, Waterfall gives him new STAB, and Jump Kick gives him a wall to break through Steels if you decide to opt for Ice Beam.

These aren't the greatest, and I understand that, and if they are OP, I will nerf accordingly. (Maybe get rid of Freeze-Dry on Vaporeon?)
Tauros

Typing: Normal -----> Normal
Abilities: Intimidate / Anger Point / Sheer Force ------> Sheer Force
75/100/95/40/70/110 -----> 75/150/105/60/85/115
New Moves: Head Charge

Tauros was king back in RBY. Back when there was no Steel-type, the only Ghost-type was Gengar, and all Normal-type moves were physical. However, with each passing generation, it appears to only be falling deeper and deeper into obscurity. Though it now resides in NU, however, it by no means is a poor Pokemon. Passable Attack, good Speed, and a strong ability all make Tauros a force to be reckoned with in the lower tiers; however, it simply doesn't have the strength to make its mark in OU, especially as the threats around it keep getting stronger while it remains mostly the same as it did over a decade ago. Mega Tauros brings Tauros back into the limelight as a powerful Normal-type physical sweeper.

Tauros keeps Sheer Force because it's a great ability that Tauros can abuse well. Rock Climb is its primary STAB move of choice; with Sheer Force, it has a BP of 117 that makes it stronger than Return. Head Charge is basically the same in power, but has recoil, and thus is more of a flavor addition than anything. It also remains Normal-type because I felt like a type change was unecessary, both competitively and flavorwise, for Tauros.

Tauros's Speed only increases 5 points, but that small increase puts it above the likes of the Latis, Tornadus and Thundurus-I, Gengar, and Mega Lucario. The main boost it gets goes to Attack. While 50 points may sounds like a lot, Sheer Force gave standard Tauros the ability to hold a Life Orb with no recoil damage; this meant that a Tauros with a Life Orb effectively had 130 Attack. Mega Tauros has more than this to definitively justify its use over standard Tauros, as the bulk increase isn't large enough to justify using one's Mega slot on Tauros alone. Speaking of bulk increases, Tauros's average Defense gets pushed just over the 100-mark, while its middling Special Defense is boosted up to a slightly better 85.

Make no mistake, Tauros is meant to be a physical attacker, and a strong one at that. Some damage calcs:

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 252 HP / 184+ Def Gliscor: 196-231 (55.3 - 65.2%) -- 98% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal

252+ Atk Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros Rock Climb vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Rotom-W: 230-270 (75.6 - 88.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Sheer Force Rock Climb off of a base 150 Attack stat hurts, to say the least. But really, Mega Tauros is only a bit stronger than standard Tauros with a Life Orb. If it can hit so hard, what's holding standard Tauros back from the higher tiers? Ghosts. Defensive Rocks and Steels. Anything that can outspeed or has moderately strong priority. In fact, it's these same things that keep Mega Tauros in check as well. Both Skarmory and Mega Tyranitar, for example, put a stop to Tauros, while Gengar can murder it with a Focus Blast since its immune to its strongest attack (it has to watch out for Zen Headbutt, but it can manage, particuarly if it has a Speed-boosting nature). Azumarill can take a healthy Mega Tauros out with Superpower, or a weakened one with Aqua Jet. While Mega Tauros may be fast and strong, it certainly isn't unstoppable when compared to other threats in OU.

Mega Tauros is a fast physical attacker, the same role that he's fulfilled for over 15 years. However, thanks to his new stat increases, he can now fulfill this role even in the higher tiers, just as he had back in RBY. In 1998, Tauros was a powerful threat in the metagame, and now Mega Tauros can be the same.
Mega-Tauros
Type - Normal
Ability - Guts
Stats - 75/125/115/50/95/130 - BST: 590
New moves - Head Charge, Megahorn, Horn Leech

Play style
Whenever I've seen Tauros in action, it's brought down by either burns or paralysis. Whenever burned, Tauros generally does nothing; when paralyzed, offensive Pokemon have a steak sandwich. Guts not only relives Tauros of these issues, but turns them into an advantage. Between a solid boost in its attack and the Guts boost Tauros hits like a truck, and with access to Head Charge and Megahorn, it hurts your opponent all the more so. Horn Leech gives Tauros a form of recovery, which once boosted by Guts is a pain to stop.

Steak Sandwich
Without a means of boosting aside from guts, Tauros can still be handled by bulky Pokemon before status is induced. Average defences leave it vulnerable to attack, and while 130 speed is impressive, there are still quite a few Pokemon which can get around it, especially scarfers.
Mega Tauros

Normal ----> Normal / Psychic
Intimidate / Anger Point / Sheer Force ----> Muscle Mind, Attack and Special Attack are swapped
75 / 100 / 95 / 45 / 70 / 110 (490) ----> 75 / 140 / 105 / 45 / 90 / 140 (590)
New Moves: Hyper Voice and Psyshock

This is probably the most anti-flavorful Mega Tauros submission to ever exist, but I'm still doing this thing. Mega Tauros' special movepool is wasted on 45 Special Attack, and raising it wouldn't help very much without putting excessive focus on it, so I thought I'd make an ability that swaps his Attack with his Special Attack. This greatly changes how players should approach him, since, like Mega Charizard X and Y, mispredicting which stat he attacks with can potentially cost a Pokemon.
Tauros
Typing: Normal ===> Normal
Ability: Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force ===> Brute Force (All moves used by this pokemon are physical)
Stats: 75/100/95/40/70/110 ===> 75/145(+45)/115(+20)/50(+10)/85(+15)/120(+10)

Brute Force allows Tauros to take advantage of its weirdly diverse special movepool, giving it great coverage, although lacking STAB power. The stats are self explanatory. There's really no need or justification for a type change, so I stuck with normal.
Mega Tauros
Normal > Normal/Ground
Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force > Sap Sipper
75/100/95/40/70/110 > 75/140/135/40/80/120 (+ 40 Atk/40 Def/10 SpD/10 Spe)
New moves: Horn Leech, Megahorn, Head Smash

New ground typing gives it a stab on Earthquake, which is its most common coverage move, although it adds a weakness to Water and Ice. Sap Sipper affords it many opportunities to switch in, and with a resistance to Stealth Rock, it isn't worn down too much by the switching. Horn Leech gives it a bit of recovery, especially if you predict a Water-type switch in, Megahorn is a powerful move to hit the Grass types it now walls, and Head Smash is more of a flavor move, although it does get good coverage with STAB EQ.

+40 Atk and Def emphasize Tauros' physical nature, while it gets a slight boost to its decent SpD, and a slight Speed boost, allowing it to outspeed a few more Pokemon that threaten normal Tauros.
Mega Tauros

Typing: Normal --> Normal
Mega Ability: Unaware

Updated Stats:
HP: 75
ATK: 100 --> 140 (+40)
DEF: 95 --> 115 (+20)
SP. ATK: 40
SP. DEF: 70 --> 80 (+10)
SPD: 110 --> 140 (+30)

Movepool Additions: +Flame Charge, +Punishment

Unlike some of the other suggestions that I really like, I wanted to try a suggestion with Unaware. Unaware has always been a more defensive-oriented ability, but I thought it might be interesting to see on an offensive threat that would be too enraged by seeing red to care about stat changes.

By using its offensive capabilities with Unaware, Tauros is happy to ignore attempts to boost Defense through moves such as Bulk Up, Cosmic Power, or Coil. This forces the opponent to need to switch to a capable defensive wall, in which case you can predict the switch and take advantage as necessary. Unaware also has a hidden blessing in negating an opponent's stat boosts, which can allow him to switch into a boosted attacker and revenge kill with a powerful attack.

A common set with this Mega Tauros could be something like the following:

Tauros @ Taurosite
Ability: Intimidate Sheer Force --> Unaware
EVs: 4 HP / 252 ATK / 252 SPD
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Return
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Wild Charge / Pursuit / Flame Charge / Substitute

Going onto issues and counters, I can see this Mega Tauros having most of its problems from status effects; Toxic decreases Tauros' survivability, causing its rampaging turns to become even more numbered, Burn cripples Tauros' high ATK and makes it significantly less threatening, and Paralysis stops Tauros from being able to hit quickly and allows it to be defeated easier. Physically defensive Pokémon that can cripple Mega Tauros with any of these will quickly become foes.
Tauros -> Mega Tauros

Typing: Normal -> Normal
Abilities: Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force > Sap Sipper

75/100/95/40/70/110 > 75/130/115/50/90/130 [+30 Atk; +20 Def; +10 Sp.Atk, +20 Sp.Def, +20 Spd]
New Moves: None

What do cows do most of the day?

Eat grass.

So Sap Sipper gives Tauros the ability to switch in on an immunity that makes sense, while also gaining an attack boost. I don't think Tauros needs much more with both Speed and Attack bumped up to Base 130. Tauros hits like... a bull, even without the Sap Sipper boost.

Not much more to say. Still probobly weaker than Gen 1 Tauros.
Mega Tauros
Typing: Normal ----> Normal/Ground
Abilities: Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force ----> Hustle
BST: 75/100/95/40/70/110 ----> 75/120/130/60/120/85
New Moves: Slack Off

Absolutely nothing special with this one. Think of it as a bulky Diggersby with slightly less power and recovery.
Tauros -> Mega Tauros
Abilities: Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force > Moxie

75/100/95/40/70/110 (490) > 75/140/95/80/80/120 (590)
.........................................--/+40/--/+40/+10/+10
New Moves: does the bull really need any more than being able to breath ice and fire, summon blizzards and thunderstorms, AND SURF? AND CAUSE EARTHQUAKES?AND HEADBUTT?

Boosted attacks, special defense, and speed a bit. Gave it Moxie (thanks Rosenfeldius for the idea bro sorry if i stole) because its pretty good flavour-wise and competitively, especially with that high speed, new decent 80 SpA that it can break some walls like Gliscor, Lando-T and Ferrothorn/Skarm with, and 140 attack. It's a perfect mixture of wallbreaker and sweeper in one.

edit: I'm kinda tempted by the idea of Protean Tauros..
Tauros
Normal
Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force --> Brute/Brute Force (All special moves become physical)
75/100/95/40/70/110 --> 75/140/115/60/80/120
This allows Tauros to abuse its wide special movepool consisting of SURF, Fire Blast, Thunderbolt, Ice Beam and more while
not having to put up with its naturally low special stats. Tauros forces switches with Intimidate and then hits fast and
hard. Not much to say here.
Tauros (Taurosite)
Type: Normal -> Normal/Ground
Abilities: Intimidate, Anger Point (Sheer Force) -> Serene Grace

HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 100 -> 135 (+35)
Def: 95 -> 95
SpA: 40 -> 70 (+30)
SpD: 70 -> 70
Spe: 110 -> 145 (+35)
BST: 490 -> 590

Remember RBY, when Tauros was basically the fastest thing around besides like Starmie, Alakazam, and Jolteon? When it had a crazy crit rate and ran Blizzard?
Mega Tauros is a callback to that. Its increased Special Attack allows it to use Fire Blast to get around Steel types making it the modern equivalent to its Blizzard shenanigans. I would mention Ice Beam but it really won't do much to Garchomp or Dragonite off 70 base SpA.
Serene Grace is a callback to all the hax in RBY, and Tauros's job then was to paralyze everything and/or clean up.
Ground is kinda a fitting type for Tauros, can't really explain but T-Wave immunity and STAB Earthquake is cool.
Type: Normal -> Normal
Abilities: Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force > Defiant

75/100/95/40/70/110=490 > 75/140/115/60/80/120=590
.........................................--/+40/+20/+20/+10/+10
New Moves: Superpower

We now have a Bisharp with different typing and no STAB Knock Off or Iron Head or Swords Dance. So what's the point? Speed. This outspeeds all relevant Defoggers and has the strength to OHKO them (except Skarm, who Bisharp doesn't beat anyway) even before a boost without forcing a Sucker Punch/Pursuit/Knock Off risk. It also gets the benefit of an Intimidate drop before mega evolving just like Gyarados.
Tauros
Ability: Anger Point/Intimidate/Sheer Force -> Moxie
Stats: 75/100/95/40/70/110 -> 75/130 (+30)/105 (+10)/70 (+30)/80 (+10)/130 (+20)

I wanted to give tauros the ability to sweep easily, while still being countered by some things, so this is what I went with. With moxie, tauros becomes a deadly sweeper that can smash thru things with stab return and the steel or ghost types that he has problems hitting with that, he can just use earthquake and stone edge for that amazing edgequake coverage. He is definitely a force to be reckoned with if he can get up a boost. He can also outspeed a great portion of the metagame with a great 130 speed. That puts him on-par with jolteon. You know that you have something going for you if you have more speed than a weavile. Even then, the problem isn't sweeping after you get a boost, it's getting the boost that is a problem. With only 130 attack and no choice band or life orb to boost it, you won't be taking out many things that have decent bulk. But, overall, the ability to smash talonflame with a stone edge after surviving a choice band brave bird feels good, especially when the +1 boost you get from it allows you to do the same with everything else.
Tauros
Ability: Anger Point/Intimidate/Sheer Force -> Brute Force (User's damage all stems from Atk. SpAtks will still strike SpDef so don't Surf Blissey)
Stats: 75/100/95/40/70/110 -> 75/145/110/40/95/125
New Moves: Play Rough, Overheat, Sword Dance

Concept: A wall breaker with one stat. Always, ALWAYS use a SpAtk dropping nature. ALWAYS! Feel free to [ab]use Overheat without risking the drop since reduced SpA is the name of the game here. This thing is held back by still having a slowish speed compared to mons that are faster... or something smart sounding like that.
Mega Tauros
Typing: Normal --> Normal
Abilities: Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force --> Reckless
Stats: 75/100/95/40/70/110 --> 75/140/100/40/90/135
New Moves: Head Smash, Flare Blitz, Horn Leech

Mega Tauros is a whole new bull with this concept. The typing stays the same, for my own reasons. I gave it Reckless because that's what I picture when I see a bull blindly charging at whatever antagonizes it. The stat spread is more or less a buff to regular Tauros' stats, with slightly more emphasis on Attack.
I gave it Head Smash so it now has a more powerful pseudo-EdgeQuake, Flare Blitz due to the fact that it can shoot fire out of its mouth already (so why not charge with it?) and Horn Leech for some way to recover off the recoil.

Mega Ditto

New Ability: Doppleganger, Copies the opponent upon switching in, but the highest stat gets increased by 1 stage.

Let's be honest, if we can't raise Ditto's HP, then giving him an ability is the absolutely only way to change him. Doppleganger works pretty much like Imposter, but with a twist: the highest stat will be increased by 1 stage, which is somewhat like Download, but can be any stat aside from HP. Let's say the enemy sends out Latios, then you Mega Evolve. Now you become Latios, but now have +1 Special Attack, essentially becoming a Choice Specs set without being locked into a move. This will prove to be a devastating anti-sweeper, taking out the opponent with powered up versions of their own teammates. But defensive Pokemon are also on Ditto's hit-list, as Ferrothorn at +1 Defense is really hard to crack, and don't even get me STARTED with +1 Special Defense Chansey.
Ditto-Mega
Type: Normal
Stats: 48/48/48/48/48/48>>>48/68/68/68/68/68
Ability: Limber/Imposter>>>Outdo(copies the opponent with 1.5x defenses and 1/16 passive HP recovery per turn
Movepool: same
Ditto

Typing: Normal -----> Normal
Abilities: Limber / Imposter -----> Imposter
48/48/48/48/48/48 -----> 48/68/68/68/68/68

Don't vote for this one. FYI, I'm 100% in support of Arikado's proposal where Ditto transforms into the foe's Mega Evolution, so go vote for that one instead.
Mega Ditto
Type: Normal --> Normal
Ability: Limber/Imposter --> Hyper Beemz (uses hyper beam upon mega evolution or switch-in)
Stats: 48/48/48/48/48/48-->48/58/68/88/68/58

This is kinda useful for revenge killing also hyper beam please don't actually vote for this.
Ditto
Normal > Normal
Limber / Imposter > Mega Imposter (tranforms into the target's mega evolution rather than base form; keeps same EV spread/moveset but with the mega's stats.)
48/48/48/48/48/48 > 48/68/68/68/68/68 (+20 to everything but HP)
New moves: -

Self-explanatory.
Ditto -> Mega Ditto

Abilities: Limber/Imposter -> Regenerator

48/48/48/48/48/48 -> 48/68/68/68/68/68

Doppleganger looks good, until you realize it doesn't work because you actually have to Mega-Evolve, and then you're still manually transforming on your first switch.

Regenerator might work. I don't even know the mechanics concerning Ditto in switching out. But it *might* be better than Imposter?
Mega Ditto
Typing: Normal ----> Normal
Abilities: Limber/Imposter ----> Displacer (Swap itself with the pokemon currently on opponent's side; when the opponent receive the Ditto, it will not possess any items, and cannot transform into the pokemon Mega Ditto became.)
BST: 48/48/48/48/48/48 ----> 48/53/53/53/53/88

Best way to mess with people. See a Talonflame in a team weak to both of its STAB? Mega Evolve Ditto and steal that! Not only that, your opponent now got a useless Ditto which can't even transform (unless you switch out, that is).
Ditto
Normal
Limber/Imposter (Dittonite is incompatible with Imposter) --> Download
48/48/48/48/48/48 --> 48/48/68/48/68/108
New moves: none
This allows Ditto to use Transform better, though it it won't be able to revenge kill or anything since it lacks speed
boosts. Unfortunately, Download relies a bit on luck, but that's what Ditto is all about. Ditto can also transform faster
if it has already Mega Evolved and has a bit more bulk.
Mega Ditto
Normal
Ability: Improvisation (Explained below)
48/48/48/48/48/48 -> 48/148 (just to troll)/48/48/48/48

Basically, this is how the new ditto works. You switch in and imposter something. On that turn, you have the option to mega evolve. So if you do mega evolve, your form will stay, but you will have the 1.3X the stats of the pokemon you just impostered (besides HP). Say you impostered a pokemon with 120 attack, 120 defense, 240 special attack, 240 special defense, and 360 speed. Then, if you mega evolved, your stat spread would become 156 Att, 156 Def, 312 SpA, 312 SpD, and 468 spd.
Ditto (holding Metal Dittonite or Quick Dittonite)
Normal -> Normal
Limber/Imposter -> Imposter

48/48/48/48/48/48 -> 48/68/68/68/68/68

The idea is that in this case, there are two mega stones. The Metal Dittonite has the effect of Metal Powder, except it carries over while transformed. This would be useful for a sort of "bulky Ditto." The Quick Dittonite allows Mega Ditto to run a better version of the usual Choice Scarf Ditto.

Is this too overpowered? You decide. (The boosts could always be changed to 1.5x instead of 2x.)
Ditto
Ability: Limber/Imposter -> Super Clone (Ditto automatically transforms into the opponent and gains +2 in the opponent's highest stat. In case of a tie (eg. a mew with no evs) it will chose a random stat out of the highest ones.)
Stats: 48/48/48/48/48/48 -> 48/68 (+20)/68 (+20)/68 (+20)/68 (+20)/68 (+20)

With mega-ditto, you can transform into the opponent and have their highest stat boosted. That way, if you are having trouble with an especially fast pokemon, you can transform into it upon mega-evolving at +2 speed. This allows you to easily revenge kill whatever was giving you a lot of trouble and have that pokemon for yourself at twice the speed to wreck havoc. But, like almost all megas, this too has a few flaws. Even tho you transform upon mega evolving, you still can't act that turn because you don't have the right moves yet. And on top of that, if you don't transform upon switch in people will know that you are a mega ditto and go for a pokemon that can counter itself. Such as a malamar with topsy-turvy (that gains prankster upon mega evolving). So it isn't very useful if the opponent knows what it's doing.
Ditto
Normal
Limber/Imposter -->> Better Than You (The same as Imposter, but it will also mimic the user's health when it transforms and the user heals 1/8 health over time and moves 50% faster)
Stats:48/48/48/48/48/48-->>48/48/94/48/94/50
New Moves: LOL!

Concept: There's not much to it. It's pretty much Ditto with a reason to pretend to be Chansey or Blissey if it switches in on them.)

Vaporeon:
Type: Same
Ability: Water Absorb/Hydration > Storm Drain
Stats: 130/65/60/110/95/65 > 130/65/100 (+40)/150 (+40)/115 (+20)/65
New Moves: Recover, Freeze-Dry

Mega-Vapy I decided to give Storm Drain (Which I know will be popular), but I wanted Vap to at least do something with the boost. The answer? Freeze-Dry. While this may not make sense, it can make Vaporeon a decent check/counter to several Water-types in the potential metagame. I also gave it recovery in the form of Recover, which solves the biggest problem with Vap as a wall, no reliable recovery. I decided to give it boosts in defenses, to make it a bit more bulkier, and Special Attack boost to make it hit decently as a wall. (This one honestly may be a bit unfavorful, not exactly sure tho)
Vaporeon

Typing: Water -----> Water
Abilities: Water Absorb / Hydration -----> Hydration
130/65/60/110/95/65 -----> 130/80/80/140/115/80

Vaporeon's stat changes vary the most from its brethren, due to the fact that its highest stat is (or was) its HP. The fact that is gargantuan HP stays, however, means that it is just as good of a Wish passer as its standard form. A buff to its defenses help it tank hits better, in particular on the special side. In combination with its HP, typing, and Wish, Mega Vaporeon can act as a nice tank. Finally, its Special Attack gets the largest buff from the parameters since its HP can't be changed, making Vaporeon a strong Special Attacker as well. Under rain with Hydration and its Special Attack, Mega Vaporeon will be a strong threat indeed.
Mega-Vaporeon
Type - Water
Ability - Bubble Jet: Increases the priority of water type moves by one.
Stats - 130/75/95/130/120/75 - BST: 625
New moves - Aqua Jet

Play style
While Vaporeon is traditionally used as a defensive staller, it has always had the potential to be a potent special attacker. Vaporeon's new ability, Bubble Jet, offers it the option of bringing both its regular stall, thanks to improved bulk or bulky special offence with the assistance of reliable special priority. Losing water immunity (and the potential for additional healing) only hurts Vaporeon in a small way thanks to impressive special bulk and its preexisting water resistance. Its stalling capability is also built upon by the chance of getting a Scald burn before the foes can hit Vaporeon's lighter physical defence. This set brings in the possibility of stalling out foes with Toxic, healing with Wish and finishing off them off with a priority boosted water move before they can drop Vaporeon's health for their next Pokemon. Brine is a move I'm especially liking for this set.

Aqua Jet is mostly added for flavour, but it may have some small impact on regular Vaporeon. If you feel like messing with Sucker Punch users, priority boosted Aqua Jet is the way to go.

Wet water
With the improvements to Vaporeon's stats, it's hard to get around a dedicated wall set. However, Vaporeon has the burden of favouring either defence or offence. Favouring offence means that powerful attackers can break through Vaporeon's defences; defence, on the other hand can potentially allow for opponents to set up and is vulnerable to Taunt.
Mega Vaporeon
Typing: Water -----> Water
Abilities: Water Absorb / Hydration -----> Hydrate*
Stats: 130/65/60/110/95/65 -----> 130/95/75/130/130/65
*Water version of Pixelate

Unlike its normal form, mega vaporeon is a tank with godly offensive presence only neutered by his abysmal speed and average physical defense. If you want s more gimmicky option, vaporeon is bulky enough to spam trump card, which could net you a check mate 260 BP move (before stab!) late game. The biggest thing here is the stats, 130 SpA is plenty to hurt stuff without an item while the nicely buffed defenses makes Vaporeon very hard to take down.
Mega Vaporeon
Typing: Remains Pure Water
Ability: Water Absorb/Hydration > Filter
Stats: 130/65/60/110/95/65: BST 525 ---> 130/65/120/120/105/85: BST 625 (+60 def +10 SpD +10 SpA +20 Spe)
Moves gained: Bubble Beam, Mist, Recover

Same deal with Jolteon. Water types tend to be more balanced but specialize in bulk. Therefore, his stats basically even out, but he's still relatively slow. Filter works very well flavorwise, as most of Vaporeon's dex entries talk about melting into water, as such, he'd filter out damage to a point. The moves gained are two that he had before, and recover. Just about every bulky water has recover. Now Vaporeon is even more walltacular, at the cost of free switching into water attacks to gain heatlh.
Vaporeon
Water
Hydration/Water Absorb --> Splash Disc (auto-Aqua Ring)
130/65/60/110/95/65 --> 130/75/80/140/115/85
Splash Disc allows Vaporeon to pass Aqua Ring along with Acid Armor and Sub, and effectively gives it Leftovers as a
standalone Pokemon. It is also equipped with a great 140 Sp. Atk for good bulky offense and higher defenses and speed as
well.
Vaporeon
Water type
Ability: Adaptability
130/65/60/110/95/65 -> 130/65/100/150/115/65

I, for one, think we should give eeveelutions a theme, ability-wise. Since they all seem to be able to adapt to their respective environments extremely well, the ability adaptability seems like a very good choice flavourwise. The spread allows vaporeon to become both a powerful attacker AND a bulky wall.
Vaporeon (Vaporeonite)
Type: Water -> Water
Abilities: Water Absorb (Hydration) -> Regenerator

HP: 130 -> 130
Atk: 65 -> 65
Def: 60 -> 100 (+40)
SpA: 110 -> 120 (+10)
SpD: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Spe: 65 -> 95 (+30)
BST: 525 -> 625

A pretty standard upgrade to Vaporeon, increased defenses help it support the team while increased Special Attack allows it to do more damage to opponents.
A boosted Speed makes it an even better cleric, faster Wishes/Heal Bells are cool.
Regenerator is a cool ability, really valuable for a defensive mon. Everything considered, Mega Vaporeon makes a prefect offensive cleric, filling a very rare role of being able to heal itself and it's teammates and actually do something about the metagame's top threats. In such an overwhelmingly physical meta, 130/95 defenses and Scald allow it to shut down and wall any physical attacker, and Wish passing with Regenerator allows it to freely assist its teammates.
Vaporeon
Type: Water -> Water
Ability: Water Absorb/Hydration -> Hydration
Stats: 130/65/60/110/95/65 -> 130/65/100 (+40)/150 (+40)/115 (+20)/65

This is pretty much normal vaporeon, but better. It has increased defenses and special attack, allowing it to serve as a better tank. This also allows you to take some hits that would have otherwise destroyed you. You can also now ohko many sweepers that get in your way with your great special attack.
Vaporeon
Water
Hydration/Water Absorb --> Volt Absorb
130/65/60/110/95/65 --> 130/65/105/140/145/40
New Moves: Slack Off

Concept: The Anti-Rotom-W. Once you're in and mega, the washer MUST LEAVE! Resisting his inaccurate coverage move and not being weak to his momentum is big. It can... burn you. Oh no! Not my 65 Atk tank! Anything but that! Yes Maga Vap only has a weakness to grass, so watch out for Venus.
Mega Vaporeon
Type: Water >>> Water
Ability: Water Absorb/Hydration >>> Regenerator
Stats: 130/65/60/110/95/65 >>> 130/75(+10)/70(+10)/145(+35)/130(+35)/75(+10)
New Moves: Soak, Sludge Wave

Vaporeon is weird. If you remove its head from the rest of its body, it could straight-up be a fish. It has the tail of a whale and front legs like a cat. It can also apparently melt.

Vaporeon, you cray.

Looks aside, Vaporeon is a pretty neat pokemon. It is roughly a less shitty Milotic stat-wise, and has a marvelous movepool consisting of utility moves like Scald and Yawn while packing excellent cleric moves in Wish and Heal Bell. Its rather large HP makes it excellent at Wish-passing, and it takes most unboosted special hits in stride.

So, what does this mean for Vaporeon? What is his role, exactly?

Vaporeon's role is a very rare one, and not as highly sought after as it could be due to his base form being a little lacking. That role would be an the role of an Offensive Cleric.

In the upper tiers, the most popular special walls would be the Blobs, Chansey (OU) and Blissey (UU). And these two are some damn fine clerics. However, they are the two most passive pokemon to ever grace OU. They take hits and live them, and that about sums up all they can do. With Chansey backing no offensive presence whatsoever and Blissey packing a mighty base 75, the Blobs can't do shit outside of taking hits like a bitch. Vaporeon packs a solid base 110 SAtk, but as both a pure offensive mon and a cleric, this guy is just outclassed in both departments, sometimes even simultaneously (looking at you, Sylveon).

My goal here is to change that. Vaporeon now packs a solid 130 SDef mirroring his HP Stat, and he is now in possession of a stout 145 SAtk. This looks nice, but you may ask,

"How is this anything but a simple buffed Vaporeon?"

"He still isn't as good of a wall as the blobs or as good of a special attacker as most hard-hitters, how is he any less outclassed?"

"Why are you such a disgusting human being?"

Do not fret, as I have answers to 2 out of 3!

The key to Vaporeon's success will lie in his newfound ability, Regenerator. Regenerator is, as you all know, one of the best abilities for a defensive pivot to have, and with it, Vaporeon becomes very fearsome.

Currently, only two other pokemon in the game have access to both Wish and Regenerator, Audino and Alomomola. Audino is, as you know, a joke, and while Alomomola has a few great niches, it is for the most part a let down defensively and offensively. But they are only hindered by two things: Lack of specialised defenses, and zero offensive presence.

Mega Vaporeon has access to both. What's special about Wish + Regenerator is that you can pass massive Wishes to teammates while simultaneously healing yourself. This is one of the rarest combinations in the game, but also one of the best to have. While the other two users couldn't pull it off, Mega Vaporeon can.

So, obviously, Wish passing + Regenerator is the main draw here. The SECOND draw is the fantastic 145 SAtk. Vaporeon used to only pack Scald as an offensive move, and that was strictly for teh burns. And you can still go that route if you wish, as Vaporeon's Scald now hits harder than Keldeo's (non-specs/LO variants), and you get those tasty, tasty burns to patch up that much more modest Defense stat.

Or, if you're a rather aggressive individual, you can smash faces (gently) with Hydro Pump. It doesn't do much to those that resist it, and fails to scratch the blobs, but it gives Vaporeon a much-needed offensive presence that foes would now have to watch out for.

The new movepool? Soak is 100% fluff, serves no purpose on Vaporeon, but hey, it's flavorful. Sludge Wave gives it some nice coverage so it isn't walled to hell by Sylveon, and hey, WAVES!

To summarize, Mega Vaporeon is now the greatest offensive cleric in the game, with incredible longevity, suberb special defenses, and a stout special attack. While walled to hell by Chansey, and unable to touch the rare Gastrodon, Mega Vaporeon now has what it needs to secure a solid spot in OU.
Mega Vaporeon

Water ----> Water
Water Absorb / Hydration ----> Storm Drain
130 / 65 / 60 / 110 / 95 / 65 (525) ----> 130 / 80 / 70 / 120 / 130 / 95 (625)

Mega Vaporeon takes the role of a special tank with new meaning, and is really there to be a very good counter to Water-types. With insane 130 / 70 / 130 defenses, there are very few Water-types if any that can boast the rights to 2HKO Mega Vaporeon, and most Pokemon in general will have a very hard time scoring KOes against her without boosting. Mega Vaporeon's offensive presence has also been improved some, and gaining extra Speed lets her get the jump on some opposing walls such as Skarmory and Mandibuzz, which can aid in stall wars. Combined with Scald, Heal Bell, and Wish, she'll be one helluva wall to break down.
Mega Vaporeon
Typing: Water --> Water
Abilities: Water Absorb/Hydration --> Serene Grace
Stats: 130/65/60/110/95/65 --> 130/65/95/135/115/85
New Moves: Freeze Dry

I decided, because my ideas generally don't win, that I was going to make a nightmarish tank- so here is Mega-Vaporeon. Typing remains, but its ability becomes something dangerous- Serene Grace (60% burn chance with Scald? 20% chance to freeze with Freeze Dry? Yes please.). Its stats remain fairly proportionate to its base form, but I needed to be able to have it be a threat, so it can tank hits as well as scare with its excellent base 135 SpA. I gave it Freeze Dry because it doesn't like opposing bulky Waters too much, and also because Water-types generally have access to Ice-type moves anyway.
Mega Vaporeon
Typing: Water --> Water/Ghost
Abilities: Water Absorb/Hydration --> Water Absorb
Stats: 130/65/60/110/95/65 --> 130/65/75/115/125/115 (+15 def, +5 spatk +30 spdef, +50 spd)
New Moves: Will-o-wisp

Here we have a MUCH faster, slightly bulkier, UNDEAD, Vaporeon, with an all-new and improved typing and ability that gives it immunity to three types, and it's coming to ruin your day!

Example set:
Jellicent v2.0
EVs: bulky
- Scald/wow/toxic
- Wow/toxic/sub/protect
- Wish
- Shadow Ball

Come in on something that can't touch vaporeon, like a choice-locked scizor, azu, heatran and begin being annoying.

Offensive
EVs: 252 Spatk + Speed, 4 HP
- Substitute/Baton Pass (to get out of pursuit traps)
- Hydro Pump
- Shadow Ball
- Ice Beam

Definitely the wrong mon to try sweeping with, but probably worth it to catch someone unaware.
Vaporeon

Water ----> Water
Water Absorb / Hydration ----> Water Absorb
130/65/60/110/95/65 (525) ----> 130/65/100/130/135/65 (625)
...............................................--/--/+40/+20/+40/--

Nothing original here, just buffed what we had. More defense, special attack and special defense.

Jolteon:
Type: Same
Ability: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet > Infiltrator
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130 > 65/65/90 (+30)/135(+25)/125 (+30)/145(+15)
New Moves: Grass Knot, Encore, Overheat

With Mega-Jolt I decided to make him a fast, decently strong but not exactly frail either Special Attacker. Jolteon in the current OU metagame is outclassed by Thundurus (And Thundy-T to a lesser extent). Infiltrator I decided to give to Jolteon as a way for him to bypass Subs and Screens, which can worry teams which rely on both to work (Also Thunder Wave behind a Sub can be brutal). The boosts to defenses may seem unneeded, but it can allow Jolteon to survive random hits it previously could not. Encore is annoying, especially behind subs. Grass Knot is to fuck over Ground-types (Which are the majority of the time heavy enough to atleast be 2HKO'ed), and Overheat gives him a way to combat most Steels.
Jolteon

Typing: Electric -----> Electric
Abilities: Volt Absorb / Quick Feet -----> Quick Feet
65/65/60/110/95/130 -----> 65/80/75/130/115/160

Jolteon loses Volt Absorb upon evolution in exchange for Quick Feet; while the latter is arguably a worse ability for it (it doesn't need a Speed boost, anyways), both are rather situational in the first place, and Volt Absorb wasn't worth upsetting a pattern to keep. Jolteon's speed ties it with Ninjask for the fastest non-legendary Pokemon; considering it was already among the 5 fastest non-legendary, non-Megas in the game, its Mega would only fittingly put it over the top. It's Special Attack also receives a nice boost, helping it hit foes harder; it is a bit weaker than holding a Life Orb, but exchanges that for outspeeding even many Choice Scarf holders and improved bulk. Speaking of bulk, 115 Special Defense is suprisingly high for a Pokemon commonly thought of as squishy and frail. Though a bit weaker than standard Jolteon, Mega Jolteon with its higher Speed can take out some Scarf'd threats that regular Jolteon wouldn't be able to, and with its higher defenses survive stronger attacks than regular Jolteon as well.
Mega-Jolteon
Type - Electric
Ability - Lightning Rod
Stats - 65/80/80/135/110/155 - BST: 625
New moves - Volt Tackle, Extreme Speed

Play style
Mega-Jolteon play rather similarly to regular Jolteon; its fast and specially offensive. All of around average defences more or less enforce this play style. If given the opportunity to set up with Charge Beam, it will be hard to stop. Lightning Rod allows Jolteon to to have an immunity which is all around helpful, as even a resisted hit can hurt without defensive investment; throw in the fact that this gives Jolteon the chance to get one of those special attack boosts it desires so much.

Extreme Speed isn't the most fantastic move on Jolteon, with its at best average physical attack. It simply offers a decently powerful priority move for finishing off Sucker Punchers and the like. Volt Tackle once again is for pure flavour. Jolteon should have Volt Tackle. End of story.

Rubber insulation
Average defences and being more or less forced to play offensively are more or less fall down points when it comes to facing priority users. A shallow move pool that allows bulky ground types to more or less sit on it.
Mega Jolteon
Typing: Electric -----> Electric
Abilities: Volt Absorb / Quick Feet -----> Generate*
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130 -----> 65/95/85/150/95/150
*Electric version of Pixelate

If you thought Vaporeon was bad, meet this guy. While still much to frail to tank anything or setup, 150 speed coupled with 150 SpA boosting by a Pixelate clone makes Jolteon the scariest janitor to ever clean up your team. Unfortunately, outside of Hyper Voice, you actually hit weaker than your base form, so things that resist your stab are much more difficult to take down. You'll need to save this guy for late game, once priority and electric immunities are gone.
Jolteon
Typing: Electric ===> Electric
Ability: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet ===> Supercharged (Electric Gale Wings)
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130 ===> 65/90(+25)/70(+10)/140(+30)/100(+5)160(+30)
Movepool: +Energy Ball

Ok so Jolteon is an interesting one. I decided to go with the Gale Wings clone idea from earlier, and gave it an according stat spread. The typing stays because I see no reason for it not to. Energy Ball looks weird, but it's really quick and energetic and can now break Grounds and run a better Hidden Power.
Mega Jolteon
Typing: Remains Pure Electric
Ability: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet > Speed Boost
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130: BST 525 ---> 65/85/85/130/115/150: BST 625 (+20 to everything sans HP)
Moves gained: Electric terrain, Spiky Shield

The Eevees embody their type, and the electric type embodies speed, so Jolteon gets the ability that boosts what he's good at. He gets an even stat boost because I think that going above 150 on any stat is a bit too OP. The new moves gained are solely based on its Pokedex entries, which state that it will stick all its fur spikes on end (thus spiky shield) and how it's constantly generating energy (thus electric terrain)
Jolteon
Electric
Volt Absorb/Quick Feet --> Static Ground (sets Electric Terrain on switch-in for 5 turns)
65/65/60/110/95/130 --> 65/85/70/130/105/170
Yeah this thing is fast. It should be. Static Ground gives its Electric boost a x2.25 boost (higher than Adaptability) for 5 turns with the extra side effect of not letting anyone go to sleep, effectively giving it a Spore immunity and preventing stuff like Suicune and Milotic to try to RestTalk. SpeedyCat still has a shallow movepool, but Shadow Ball, Signal Beam and Hidden Power provide it with enough coverage to be useful. Just in case anyone is worried, Mega Manectric still has the niche of higher bulk with Intimidate, Flamethrower/Overheat coverage and slightly higher Special Attack.
Jolteon
Electric Type
Ability: Adaptability
65/65/60/110/95/130 -> 65/65/80/140/115/160

New Moves: Extremespeed

What made jolteon so bad in the first place? The answer is that Jolteon is completely outclassed by Raikou and Mega Manectric. So what do you do to give Jolteon an advantage over those two things? Give it some much needed power and bulk, of course! The idea is to just non stop hit hard until you somehow die. I like the electric terrain jolteons, but adaptability is for the sake of sticking with the theme. (and because they don't have 7 terrain moves, and it would be too much of a hassle to make 7)
Jolteon (Jolteonite)
Type: Electric -> Electric
Abilities: Volt Absorb (Quick Feet) -> Electric Current (All Electric-type moves get +1 priority) {Dammit someone already beat me to it...}

New Moves: Flamethrower, Spikes

HP: 65 -> 65
SpA: 110 -> 120 (+20)
SpD: 95 -> 105 (+20)
Spe: 130 -> 150 (+20)

Electric Current makes Jolteon an invaluable revenge killer and a counter to most forms of priority. It can spread paralysis like nothing else, which makes it a great way to stop any DD or QD users, Speed Boost, or just generally causing problems for opponents. It gets Flamethrower for a strong coverage option outside Shadow Ball (or lol HP) which will help both normal and Mega, giving it a chance at beating Excadrill or just Steel types not named Skarmory (oh and Grass types). Another cool thing is +1 priority Volt Switch.

Another thing it can do is serve as an offensive Spike user. It's the fastest around and it can either beat or Volt Switch all spinners and Defoggers.
Jolteon
Ability: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet -> Technician
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130 -> 65/75 (+10)/80 (+20)/140 (+30)/105 (+10)/160 (+30)

With technician, jolteon has dome something amazing. It now has a competitively viable charge beam and it has gotten some great coverage in a 90 base power hidden power of the type you chose. That and it's increased special attack and speed make this thing a force to be reckoned with. Technician allows you to use a move with 75 bp that has a 70% chance to raise your special attack. This allows you to "set up" on many walls that don't have a very good answer too it. After a +1 you can start to wreck house with your hidden power, shadow ball, and thunderbolt or you could continue to use charge beam on more frail pokemon (such as talonflame) and get even higher boosts from it as you go. However, one problem is it's defense. 65/80 is not going to save you from many attacks, so many pokemon that can survive the initial charge beam can kill it before it even gets started.
Mega Jolteon
Typing: Electric --> Electric
Abilities: Volt Absorb --> Adrenaline Charge (Boosts Special Attack to 2 stages and Speed to 1 stage when stats get lowered)
New Moves: Energy Ball, Focus Blast, Spikes
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130 BST: 525 --> 65/70(+5)/85(+25)/130(+20)/120(+25)/155(25) BST: 625

The addition of Energy Ball and Focus Blast is quite a big boon for Jolteon's offensive sets. These are welcomed additions to Jolteon's arsenal of moves helping it break through defensive threats like Hippowdown, Ferrothorn, and Chansey more effectively. Now, Spikes seems like an oddball there, being taken mostly for flavor, but it is put in good use nonetheless. The initial bulk though lacking, is offset by increased switch-in opportunities granted by Volt Absorb. This coupled with its naturally high speed and above average special prowess, makes for a good offensive Spiker. Looking into things, normal Jolteon with Life Orb and Choiced Specs outhits its Mega counterpart, so why should one opt to use the latter instead?

Better survivability and flexibility are factors respectively. However, more so can be said by its newfound ability Competitive. Plays much the same as the base form would but when opportunity calls for it, it can wreak havoc. In essence, M-Jolteon's main task is to punish Defoggers; come in on a predicted Defog, net a +2 in Special Attack and a +1 in Speed, and work from there. Jolteon also has a favorable match-up against most Defoggers to boot. To make things better, it can even break through some of the sturdiest of walls as of now at +2 Special Attack.

However, M-Jolteon still have problems with the likes of Sylveon and Aegislash, but who said you can't BP that to another team member. (teehee)

All of these considered, I think with the proposed Mega structure, it did a good job on widening Jolteon's options; versatility is heightened to an extent. And at that, it made it arguably more effective than it was without bordering too much towards OP status. (Reliance on Focus Miss to get through certain counters, quite a prediction heavy and situational ability, suffers Four Moveslot Syndrome, etc.)

Summing up of what M-Jolteon can do:

Defog Punishing (Lati@s are b*tches, need to do something to deal with 'em better Shadow Ball may be used but be wary of Dracos!); also takes advantage of Intimidate and Sticky Web (teehee)
Offensive Spiking
Momentum-Grabbing
Late-game Cleaning
Revenge-killing

Flavor Section:
Adrenaline Charge: Basically an improved and flavorful counterpart of Competitive. Got the idea from select Pokedex entries. In Platinum, it says that when it is agitated Jolteon's fur straightens up by electricity and is then capable of turning them into projectiles. This relates to SoulSilver in which it was said that every hair of the Pokemon stands up if it is electrically charged. Relating it with the ability, the stat reductions aggravates Jolteon and charges up greater amount of electricity than usual. Basically, it enters "Berserk mode" by then.

Spikes: The move translates well based on a previously mentioned entry wherein it can launch its missile-like fur.

Energy Ball and Focus Blast: Added for competitive reasons more than anything. Energy Ball to hit bulky grounds better and Focus Blast for Ferrothorn and the blobs.
Jolteon
Ability: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet -> Spine Shed (Upon switching in, puts down a layer of spikes)
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130 -> 65/65/85/155/110/145
New Moves: Dark Pulse

Concept: There's not much to say here. Jolteon becomes an offensive spiker who doesn't even need to waste his movepool and makes a decent answer to most Defoggers with SE Thunderbolts or Dark Pulse for Lati@s. Do I need to delve further? Switch in to spike, Volt Turn or smack hard the correct switch in. Heck, provide wish support for all I care! It's so simple and it's a niche UNSHARED!!
Mega Jolteon
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130 --> 65/75/85/135/115/150
New Moves: Energy Ball, Calm Mind

This entry is sure to be shocking to some people (lol). Jolteon stays Electric type (for obvious reasons). It was given Lightningrod because I didn't want to make a new ability up, and second, I didn't think of much else that fits flavour-wise. Its stats reflect its hit hard and fast, don't last long sort of battle style, albeit with more bulk. Energy Ball and Calm Mind help it get past bulky Rock and Ground types that a Hidden Power couldn't help it do.
Mega Jolteon
Abilities: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet --> Fur Coat
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130 --> 65/75/85/130/125/145(+15 atk, +25 def, +20 satk, +30 sdef, +15 spd)

The idea for this is to let Jolteon come in on pretty much any hit that it resists - i.e., flying, steel and electric, on both sides of the spectrum, and force a switch-out: to then hit the switch-in with status or a thunderbolt or whatever. With access to Volt Switch, Toxic and Thunder Wave, but no reliable recovery, Jolteon could become a nice, blisteringly fast, non-traditional pivot. Just needs to watch out for Mold Breaker. (and its terrible coverage)
Mega Jolteon
Typing: Electric --> Electric/Steel
Abilities: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet --> Download
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130 --> 65/110/90/110/95/150 (+45 atk, +30 def, +5satk, +20 speed)
New Moves: Flash Cannon, Iron Tail

With Jolteon's new typing and moves, it finds itself with slightly less mediocre coverage, and crippling 2x weaknesses to Fighting, Fire and 4x to Ground. Download, however, gives it a niche: a weaker Genesect with a much shallower movepool. With physical options in Double Edge, Wild Charge and Iron Tail (and Bite lol), and special options in Flash Cannon, Thunder(bolt), and Volt Switch to get out, Mega Jolteon may forgo status moves - or it may not. Would be an excellent revenge killer - although not overpowered (imo) - it barely scratches some walls.
Mega Jolteon
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130 --> 65/65/100(+40)/140(+30)/105(+10)/150(+20)
New Moves: Calm Mind

So I was looking through the RU sub-forum where someone posted a wish passing Jolteon set. This got me thinking that maybe jolteon could be a quick cleric/ a baton passer.
I know it has small wishes, but I few them more to minimize the incoming damage the baton pass receiver would get from SR/Spikes/Attacks. I increase the defenses to make the subs/Jolteon last a little longer. I choose lightningrod because of the +2 Special Attack it gives which can be used to baton Pass off.

From it's movepool it's got cool things likes wish, heal bell, baton pass, volt-turn, Agility. All of these make it an interesting variation of pivot.

Sample Set:
HP: 218 252 Sp.Attk, 50 Speed (Timid).
Item: Jolteonite
Moves:
1-ThunderBolt/Volt Switch/Discharge
2- Wish
3- Baton Pass
4- Substitute/Agility/Hidden Power Ice/Heal Bell.

EDIT: Now it seems to work. Complain if you don't find your Mega here

It's there... There was a problem and stuff and I fixed it and now it appears to work

EDIT: Long story short, don't do stuff like make this after being up for now 16 and a half hours. It's a terrible idea
Sorry, I've made a mistake with my Mega Jolteon's stats, here's what they should be:

HP: 65 -> 65
SpA: 110 -> 120 (+10)
SpD: 95 -> 125 (+30)
Spe: 130 -> 150 (+20)

!Very Important Announcement please read!
Recently about a day after I posted the original Megas For All thread, I had an opportunity come up for me, an opportunity that will severely decrease my activity (probably to checking it for 15-20 minutes every day) on the forums for about 9 weeks starting on June 7. I wish, wish, wish there was a way for me to both manage this thread and be able to take this opportunity but there is not. Don't worry though this is not the end of Megas For All, I will have some great people managing this thread in my absence. Starting on June 7th, Peef Rimgar will be making a new, updated OP which the original OP will link to should anything change. clapyourhands will make a post with the slate schedule and will update it should anything change. Chesnaught will be announcing when voting and submission periods begin as well as gathering submissions. Mew King will make sure that all the winning megas get added to the final draft sheet. rachet67 and Peef Rimgar will still be taking turns counting votes.​

Now for an important point: What happens to balancing discussion for original reservations?
Unfortunately when I leave the balancing discussions will stop as I don't feel confident that the Megas that will come after my activity takes a harsh decline will be as good as I want them to be. Fortunately, the balancing council and I have been working really hard and almost have all previous reserved megas check and either reopened or added to the final draft meaning that I will be releasing the final draft sheet on the night of June 6th.

I want to take this time to thank every single person who has participated in this thread it has been a pleasure working on this and the positive response has been awesome, so thanks. So...
Voting is now open for...
Tauros
Ditto
Vaporeon
Jolteon

You have 24 hours to vote, please PM your votes to rachet67. You should list your top 3 submissions for each mon in your vote with the first getting 3 votes, second getting 2 votes and so on. Check this post for submissions.
Tauros
Ditto
Vaporeon
Jolteon

This is also the beginning of the Discussion (Not Submission) period for...
Flareon
Omastar
Snorlax
Articuno
Get Discussin' and get votin'

Last edited:
Hey everybody! Just popping in to say that I am now available to do my duty! I'm off of vacation! However, I will not be doing it tonight, I'll be beginning tomorrow just to get some rest! :) Hope you guys have been having fun!

Also, *inb4 Fur Coat Flareon*

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
acestriker19 good luck with whatever opportunity you got man. Thanks for making the thread, even if this never gets implemented (hopefully it will), theorymonning and making things up as a community is a blast. :)

I'll get on voting right away.

Also, Poison Heal Snorlax, make it happen. Either that, and/or give it Slack Off. :p

acestriker19 good luck with whatever opportunity you got man. Thanks for making the thread, even if this never gets implemented (hopefully it will), theorymonning and making things up as a community is a blast. :)

Also, Poison Heal Snorlax, make it happen. Either that, and/or give it Slack Off. :p
The theorymon flashbacks are real. Poison Heal Snorlax w/o stat buffs is too good, let alone with them

Well, Mega Evolutions would have to carry Mega Stones so...With Poison Orb incompatible, it wouldn't yield consistent results as you have to come in on a well-timed Toxic to work (or hope for toxic hax from moves and abilities that induce the condition). Just isn't as good without the item, but when situations open up for it (and that would be quite rare), it will work nicely nonetheless. Still, it would be better to explore other abilities.

aVocado

@ Everstone
Also, since Articuno was the most badass Pokemon ever to me as a kid (and still), I feel obliged to make the best possible mega for it. I'll make damn sure I do, and I'm not telling any of you what I'll give it, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)