Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mega Ditto
Normal
Ability: Improvisation (Explained below)
48/48/48/48/48/48 -> 48/148 (just to troll)/48/48/48/48
New Moves: None

Basically, this is how the new ditto works. You switch in and imposter something. On that turn, you have the option to mega evolve. So if you do mega evolve, your form will stay, but you will have the 1.3X the stats of the pokemon you just impostered (besides HP). Say you impostered a pokemon with 120 attack, 120 defense, 240 special attack, 240 special defense, and 360 speed. Then, if you mega evolved, your stat spread would become 156 Att, 156 Def, 312 SpA, 312 SpD, and 468 spd.

Vaporeon
Water type
Ability: Adaptability
130/65/60/110/95/65 -> 130/65/100/150/115/65

I, for one, think we should give eeveelutions a theme, ability-wise. Since they all seem to be able to adapt to their respective environments extremely well, the ability adaptability seems like a very good choice flavourwise. The spread allows vaporeon to become both a powerful attacker AND a bulky wall.

Jolteon
Electric Type
Ability: Adaptability
65/65/60/110/95/130 -> 65/65/80/140/115/160

New Moves: Extremespeed

What made jolteon so bad in the first place? The answer is that Jolteon is completely outclassed by Raikou and Mega Manectric. So what do you do to give Jolteon an advantage over those two things? Give it some much needed power and bulk, of course! The idea is to just non stop hit hard until you somehow die. I like the electric terrain jolteons, but adaptability is for the sake of sticking with the theme. (and because they don't have 7 terrain moves, and it would be too much of a hassle to make 7)

Ah fuck it I'll do another

Tauros
Typing: Normal ===> Normal
Ability: Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force ===> Brute Force (All moves used by this pokemon are physical)
Stats: 75/100/95/40/70/110 ===> 75/145(+45)/115(+20)/55(+15)/80(+10)/120(+10)

Brute Force allows Tauros to take advantage of its weirdly diverse special movepool, giving it great coverage, although lacking STAB power. The stats are self explanatory. There's really no need or justification for a type change, so I stuck with normal.
For some reason this one hasn't been getting much attention, but I think it's one of the most solid submission for Tauros so far. The Brute Force (tm) ability was clever to begin with (gj original creator) and it fits really well on Tauros. The typing didn't change (and doesn't need to), and the stats have been distributed well.

My only recommendation is the +15 buff to SAtk. Useless stat buffs are almost always necessary, but this one is a bit to unnecessarily high. I'd only make it +10, as I think Tauros would really appreciate having 5 more points put in SDef. Besides that, very nicely done.

I think that all Eeveelutions should stay pure typings, without any secondary ones, for flavour's sake. We either make them all pure types or all secondary types, and I support the former option.

Anyway, Mega Tauros:

Tauros -> Mega Tauros
Typing: Normal -> Normal
Abilities: Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force > Moxie

75/100/95/40/70/110 (490) > 75/140/95/80/80/120 (590)
.........................................--/+40/--/+40/+10/+10
New Moves: does the bull really need any more than being able to breath ice and fire, summon blizzards and thunderstorms, AND SURF? AND CAUSE EARTHQUAKES?AND HEADBUTT?

Boosted attacks, special defense, and speed a bit. Gave it Moxie (thanks Rosenfeldius for the idea bro sorry if i stole) because its pretty good flavour-wise and competitively, especially with that high speed, new decent 80 SpA that it can break some walls like Gliscor, Lando-T and Ferrothorn/Skarm with, and 140 attack. It's a perfect mixture of wallbreaker and sweeper in one.

edit: I'm kinda tempted by the idea of Protean Tauros..
Nah man don't worry bout it, I post things like that intending to hopefully provide some inspiration for others. Using my ideas is always appreciated.

Here's mine. Ditto to come, maybe.

Tauros (Taurosite)
Type: Normal -> Normal/Ground
Abilities: Intimidate, Anger Point (Sheer Force) -> Serene Grace

HP: 75 -> 75
Atk: 100 -> 135 (+35)
Def: 95 -> 95
SpA: 40 -> 70 (+30)
SpD: 70 -> 70
Spe: 110 -> 145 (+35)
BST: 490 -> 590

Remember RBY, when Tauros was basically the fastest thing around besides like Starmie, Alakazam, and Jolteon? When it had a crazy crit rate and ran Blizzard?
Mega Tauros is a callback to that. Its increased Special Attack allows it to use Fire Blast to get around Steel types making it the modern equivalent to its Blizzard shenanigans. I would mention Ice Beam but it really won't do much to Garchomp or Dragonite off 70 base SpA.
Serene Grace is a callback to all the hax in RBY, and Tauros's job then was to paralyze everything and/or clean up.
Ground is kinda a fitting type for Tauros, can't really explain but T-Wave immunity and STAB Earthquake is cool.

Vaporeon (Vaporeonite)
Type: Water -> Water
Abilities: Water Absorb (Hydration) -> Regenerator

HP: 130 -> 130
Atk: 65 -> 65
Def: 60 -> 100 (+40)
SpA: 110 -> 120 (+10)
SpD: 95 -> 115 (+20)
Spe: 65 -> 95 (+30)
BST: 525 -> 625

A pretty standard upgrade to Vaporeon, increased defenses help it support the team while increased Special Attack allows it to do more damage to opponents.
A boosted Speed makes it an even better cleric, faster Wishes/Heal Bells are cool.
Regenerator is a cool ability, really valuable for a defensive mon. Everything considered, Mega Vaporeon makes a prefect offensive cleric, filling a very rare role of being able to heal itself and it's teammates and actually do something about the metagame's top threats. In such an overwhelmingly physical meta, 130/95 defenses and Scald allow it to shut down and wall any physical attacker, and Wish passing with Regenerator allows it to freely assist its teammates.

Jolteon (Jolteonite)
Type: Electric -> Electric
Abilities: Volt Absorb (Quick Feet) -> Electric Current (All Electric-type moves get +1 priority) {Dammit someone already beat me to it...}

New Moves: Flamethrower, Spikes

HP: 65 -> 65
Atk: 65 -> 65
Def: 60 -> 100 (+40)
SpA: 110 -> 120 (+10)
SpD: 95 -> 125 (+30)
Spe: 130 -> 150 (+20)
BST: 525 -> 625

Electric Current makes Jolteon an invaluable revenge killer and a counter to most forms of priority. It can spread paralysis like nothing else, which makes it a great way to stop any DD or QD users, Speed Boost, or just generally causing problems for opponents. It gets Flamethrower for a strong coverage option outside Shadow Ball (or lol HP) which will help both normal and Mega, giving it a chance at beating Excadrill or just Steel types not named Skarmory (oh and Grass types). Another cool thing is +1 priority Volt Switch.

Another thing it can do is serve as an offensive Spike user. It's the fastest around and it can either beat or Volt Switch all spinners and Defoggers.

Last edited:
Hey, why not?

Type: Normal -> Normal
Abilities: Intimidate/Anger Point/Sheer Force > Defiant

75/100/95/40/70/110=490 > 75/140/115/60/80/120=590
.........................................--/+40/+20/+20/+10/+10
New Moves: Superpower

We now have a Bisharp with different typing and no STAB Knock Off or Iron Head or Swords Dance. So what's the point? Speed. This outspeeds all relevant Defoggers and has the strength to OHKO them (except Skarm, who Bisharp doesn't beat anyway) even before a boost without forcing a Sucker Punch/Pursuit/Knock Off risk. It also gets the benefit of an Intimidate drop before mega evolving just like Gyarados.

I know this has been brought up, but taking ideas that people put forth during the discussion period is disappointing. It makes me not want to bother during the discussion period for fear of people taking my idea and posting their submission before mine, making mine appear to be unoriginal.

Not addressed to anyone in particular but I'm pretty sure I was the first one to bring up a priority ability for Jolteon. (It's at the bottom of page 62). At least give credit to people. Be honest on whether or not it's totally your idea or if you just renamed it.

I know this has been brought up, but taking ideas that people put forth during the discussion period is disappointing. It makes me not want to bother during the discussion period for fear of people taking my idea and posting their submission before mine, making mine appear to be unoriginal.

Not addressed to anyone in particular but I'm pretty sure I was the first one to bring up a priority ability for Jolteon. (It's at the bottom of page 62). At least give credit to people. Be honest on whether or not it's totally your idea or if you just renamed it.
The way go about it is discuss what'd be good, pick the best idea, and make it better than everyone else's.

I think it's good that we discuss these things, this isn't about winning a contest, it's about making the best megas for every pokemon. Provide excellent ideas, and vote for the most excellent one. And if that one isn't yours, don't worry about it. If it's your idea, why complain? Someone thought your idea was good enough to use it themselves. I've provided quite a few ideas that other people used and won with, and I'm fine with that. Whatever makes the best mega, I'm happy with.

Oh, why not. I'll try making a Ditto (a really strange one, at that).

Ditto (holding Metal Dittonite or Quick Dittonite)
Normal -> Normal
Limber/Imposter -> Imposter

48/48/48/48/48/48 -> 48/68/68/68/68/68

The idea is that in this case, there are two mega stones. The Metal Dittonite has the effect of Metal Powder, except it carries over while transformed. This would be useful for a sort of "bulky Ditto." The Quick Dittonite allows Mega Ditto to run a better version of the usual Choice Scarf Ditto.

Is this too overpowered? You decide. (The boosts could always be changed to 1.5x instead of 2x.)

Last edited:
Oh, why not. I'll try making a Ditto (a really strange one, at that.)

Normal -> Normal

The idea is that in this case, there are two mega stones. The Metal Dittonite has the effect of Metal Powder, except it carries over while transformed. This would be useful for a sort of "bulky Ditto." The Quick Dittonite allows Mega Ditto to run a better version of the usual Choice Scarf Ditto.

Is this too overpowered? You decide. (The boosts could always be changed to 1.5x instead of 2x.)
Metal should be upgraded to increase both defenses instead of just Defense. Maybe grant Leftovers recovery because it's Ditto of all things.

Oh, why not. I'll try making a Ditto (a really strange one, at that).

Normal -> Normal

This is my favorite ditto idea so far. It might not be balanced, but I don't care. Not all megas have to be confined to OU, if this goes to Ubers I'd be happy with that.

The way go about it is discuss what'd be good, pick the best idea, and make it better than everyone else's.

I think it's good that we discuss these things, this isn't about winning a contest, it's about making the best megas for every pokemon. Provide excellent ideas, and vote for the most excellent one. And if that one isn't yours, don't worry about it. If it's your idea, why complain? Someone thought your idea was good enough to use it themselves. I've provided quite a few ideas that other people used and won with, and I'm fine with that. Whatever makes the best mega, I'm happy with.
At least they could give credit. They never do. And for all the talk about being a community, and this being a community project, plagiarism is not the way to go about.

At least they could give credit. They never do. And for all the talk about being a community, and this being a community project, plagiarism is not the way to go about.
The instant you share your idea, it no longer belongs to you. If being acknowledged makes you feel good about yourself, fine, but I'm not going to demand it of anyone personally.

Giving credit where credit is due is the way to go, in my opinion. We can't, however, go and chastise people over having a similar or even the same ideas. I myself try to generate a few ideas when I'm working on a design, and when it comes time for submissions I see that many of them have been covered by other people. It's not that they have mind probes (I hope), it's just that they think along the same lines.

Also, as Rosenfeldius has said, this is about creating the best Mega-Evolutions we can. By contributing to the discussion you're giving your ideas to others, which is good. It allows for people to pick and choose what they like and bring it together to make something wonderful.

Tauros
Ability: Anger Point/Intimidate/Sheer Force -> Moxie
Stats: 75/100/95/40/70/110 -> 75/130 (+30)/105 (+10)/70 (+30)/80 (+10)/130 (+20)

I wanted to give tauros the ability to sweep easily, while still being countered by some things, so this is what I went with. With moxie, tauros becomes a deadly sweeper that can smash thru things with stab return and the steel or ghost types that he has problems hitting with that, he can just use earthquake and stone edge for that amazing edgequake coverage. He is definitely a force to be reckoned with if he can get up a boost. He can also outspeed a great portion of the metagame with a great 130 speed. That puts him on-par with jolteon. You know that you have something going for you if you have more speed than a weavile. Even then, the problem isn't sweeping after you get a boost, it's getting the boost that is a problem. With only 130 attack and no choice band or life orb to boost it, you won't be taking out many things that have decent bulk. But, overall, the ability to smash talonflame with a stone edge after surviving a choice band brave bird feels good, especially when the +1 boost you get from it allows you to do the same with everything else.

Ditto
Ability: Limber/Imposter -> Super Clone (Ditto automatically transforms into the opponent and gains +2 in the opponent's highest stat. In case of a tie (eg. a mew with no evs) it will chose a random stat out of the highest ones.)
Stats: 48/48/48/48/48/48 -> 48/68 (+20)/68 (+20)/68 (+20)/68 (+20)/68 (+20)

With mega-ditto, you can transform into the opponent and have their highest stat boosted. That way, if you are having trouble with an especially fast pokemon, you can transform into it upon mega-evolving at +2 speed. This allows you to easily revenge kill whatever was giving you a lot of trouble and have that pokemon for yourself at twice the speed to wreck havoc. But, like almost all megas, this too has a few flaws. Even tho you transform upon mega evolving, you still can't act that turn because you don't have the right moves yet. And on top of that, if you don't transform upon switch in people will know that you are a mega ditto and go for a pokemon that can counter itself. Such as a malamar with topsy-turvy (that gains prankster upon mega evolving). So it isn't very useful if the opponent knows what it's doing.

Vaporeon
Type: Water -> Water
Ability: Water Absorb/Hydration -> Hydration
Stats: 130/65/60/110/95/65 -> 130/65/100 (+40)/150 (+40)/115 (+20)/65

This is pretty much normal vaporeon, but better. It has increased defenses and special attack, allowing it to serve as a better tank. This also allows you to take some hits that would have otherwise destroyed you. You can also now ohko many sweepers that get in your way with your great special attack.

Jolteon
Ability: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet -> Technician
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130 -> 65/75 (+10)/80 (+20)/140 (+30)/105 (+10)/160 (+30)

With technician, jolteon has dome something amazing. It now has a competitively viable charge beam and it has gotten some great coverage in a 90 base power hidden power of the type you chose. That and it's increased special attack and speed make this thing a force to be reckoned with. Technician allows you to use a move with 75 bp that has a 70% chance to raise your special attack. This allows you to "set up" on many walls that don't have a very good answer too it. After a +1 you can start to wreck house with your hidden power, shadow ball, and thunderbolt or you could continue to use charge beam on more frail pokemon (such as talonflame) and get even higher boosts from it as you go. However, one problem is it's defense. 65/80 is not going to save you from many attacks, so many pokemon that can survive the initial charge beam can kill it before it even gets started.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How many Defiant megas do we have up until now? I've noticed a lack of variety when it comes to abilities for megas :/ I've seen Analytic and Defiant being used a lot.

List of abilities of all currently approved Megas
Snow Warning
Magic Bounce
Vampiric Blade
Tough Claws x3
Filter x2
Trace x2
Mold Breaker x3
Intimidate x3
Awareness
Unadaptable x2
Ice Age
Sturdy
Prankster x3
Mega Launcher
Speed Boost
Reckless x2
Multiscale
Drought
Rattled
Levitate x6
Serene Grace x2
Bulletproof x2
Iron Fist
Analytic
Scrappy
Hustle x3
Generator
Competitive
Strong Jaw x3
Technician x3
Compound Eyes x3
Pixilate
Shadow Tag
Skill Link
Sand Force
Moxie
Solar Power
No Guard
Parental Bond
Sap Sipper x2
Chlorophyll
Huge Power x3
Aroma Veil
Adaptability x3
Brute Force x2
Water Veil
Marvel Scale
Pure Power
Soothing Pulse
Natural Cure
Imposter
Steadfast
Insomnia
Corrosion
Sheer Force x2
Protean
Regenerator x4
Super Luck
Aerilate
Volt Absorb
Flame Body
Soundproof
Dimensional Warp
Guts
Gooey
Unaware
Swift Swim
Solid Rock
Sand Stream
Tinted Lens
Thick Fat
Pollinate
Fur Coat
Magic Bounce
Battle Armor

List of recurring abilities in approved Megas
x2
Filter
Trace
Unadaptable
Reckless
Serene Grace
Bulletproof
Sap Sipper
Brute Force
Sheer Force

x3
Tough Claws
Mold Breaker
Intimidate
Prankster
Hustle
Strong Jaw
Technician
Compound Eyes
Huge Power
Adaptability

x4
Regenerator

x6
Levitate

As of yet, we have 0 Defiant Megas. Go figure.

Thanks Obama.

Seriously though, great job on the list clapyourhands , let's stay away from those abilities.
I think telling people to stay away from abilities the eeveelutions already has is a bit rediculous.

If we're really going to go there, I'm the one that made the list of suggested abilities with these on them prior to anyone posting a set during the discussion period. If someone has a reason for wanting to use those abilities, I say let them.

I misunderstood, carry on.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I think telling people to stay away from abilities the eeveelutions already has is a bit rediculous.
?

What I meant is let's stay away from those (x4, x3 and x2) recurring abilities in megas, like Tough Claws, Adaptability, Technician etc. In no way did I mention or mean eeveelutions. ._.

?

What I meant is let's stay away from those (x4, x3 and x2) recurring abilities in megas, like Tough Claws, Adaptability, Technician etc. In no way did I mention or mean eeveelutions. ._.
My bad, I thought you were referring to clapyourhands' submissions for some unknown reason. Sorry bout that

Sorry to intrude but here's my submission for M-Jolteon lol

Mega Jolteon
Typing
: Electric --> Electric
Abilities: Volt Absorb --> Adrenaline Charge (Boosts Special Attack to 2 stages and Speed to 1 stage when stats get lowered)
New Moves: Energy Ball, Focus Blast, Spikes
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130 BST: 525 --> 65/70(+5)/85(+25)/130(+20)/120(+25)/155(25) BST: 625

The addition of Energy Ball and Focus Blast is quite a big boon for Jolteon's offensive sets. These are welcomed additions to Jolteon's arsenal of moves helping it break through defensive threats like Hippowdown, Ferrothorn, and Chansey more effectively. Now, Spikes seems like an oddball there, being taken mostly for flavor, but it is put in good use nonetheless. The initial bulk though lacking, is offset by increased switch-in opportunities granted by Volt Absorb. This coupled with its naturally high speed and above average special prowess, makes for a good offensive Spiker. Looking into things, normal Jolteon with Life Orb and Choiced Specs outhits its Mega counterpart, so why should one opt to use the latter instead?

Better survivability and flexibility are factors respectively. However, more so can be said by its newfound ability Competitive. Plays much the same as the base form would but when opportunity calls for it, it can wreak havoc. In essence, M-Jolteon's main task is to punish Defoggers; come in on a predicted Defog, net a +2 in Special Attack and a +1 in Speed, and work from there. Jolteon also has a favorable match-up against most Defoggers to boot. To make things better, it can even break through some of the sturdiest of walls as of now at +2 Special Attack.

+2 252 SpA M-Jolteon Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 334-394 (47.4 - 55.9%) -- 82.4% chance to 2HKO

+2 252 SpA M-Jolteon Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 208 SpD Ferrothorn: 386-456 (109.6 - 129.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA M-Jolteon Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 362-426 (93.7 - 110.3%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

+2 252 SpA M-Jolteon Energy Ball vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Hippowdon: 514-606 (122.3 - 144.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

+2 252 SpA M-Jolteon Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Porygon2: 260-308 (69.5 - 82.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

And how does it fare against Defoggers?

+2 252 SpA Jolteon Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latias: 280-330 (92.7 - 109.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO [OHKO after SR; Defensive variants are 2HKO'd]

+2 252 SpA M-Jolteon Shadow Ball vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Latios: 322-380 (106.6 - 125.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO [Never seen Defensive Latios before lol]

+2 252 SpA Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mandibuzz: 614-726 (144.8 - 171.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO [Nope, still dead]

+2 252 SpA Jolteon Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 322-379 (83.8 - 98.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery [OHKO after SR; SpDef Variants are 2HKO'd with or without SR]

However, M-Jolteon still have problems with the likes of Sylveon and Aegislash, but who said you can't BP that to another team member. (teehee)

All of these considered, I think with the proposed Mega structure, it did a good job on widening Jolteon's options; versatility is heightened to an extent. And at that, it made it arguably more effective than it was without bordering too much towards OP status. (Reliance on Focus Miss to get through certain counters, quite a prediction heavy and situational ability, suffers Four Moveslot Syndrome, etc.)

Summing up of what M-Jolteon can do:
  • Defog Punishing (Lati@s are b*tches, need to do something to deal with 'em better Shadow Ball may be used but be wary of Dracos!); also takes advantage of Intimidate and Sticky Web (teehee)
  • Offensive Spiking
  • Momentum-Grabbing
  • Late-game Cleaning
  • Revenge-killing
Flavor section

Adrenaline Charge: Basically an improved and flavorful counterpart of Competitive. Got the idea from select Pokedex entries. In Platinum, it says that when it is agitated Jolteon's fur straightens up by electricity and is then capable of turning them into projectiles. This relates to SoulSilver in which it was said that every hair of the Pokemon stands up if it is electrically charged. Relating it with the ability, the stat reductions aggravates Jolteon and charges up greater amount of electricity than usual. Basically, it enters "Berserk mode" by then.

Spikes: The move translates well based on a previously mentioned entry wherein it can launch its missile-like fur.

Energy Ball and Focus Blast: Added for competitive reasons more than anything. Energy Ball to hit bulky grounds better and Focus Blast for Ferrothorn and the blobs.

Last edited:
I'm gonna go ahead and address this as I see several people saying the Eeveelutions should be similar:

Prioritize the metagame.

As great as having flavourful additions is, we need to prioritize making this into an interesting and diverse metagame. Just don't go against a poke's flavour (for example Flash Fire Forretress). And far as for the eeveelutions, make them however you think will be best and most interesting
I made Flash Fire Mega Forre. You... don't like it? I mean I give huge justifications, even if it seems out there.

Then again, I'm sure nobody was thinking "Pinsir is totally a flying type."

Then again, what do people WANT?! This is why I want to know vote tallies: To see if I'm doing it right.

In any case.... new stuff.

Jolteon
Ability: Volt Absorb/Quick Feet -> Spine Shed (Upon switching in, puts down a layer of spikes)
Stats: 65/65/60/110/95/130 -> 65/65/85/155/110/145
New Moves: Dark Pulse

Concept: There's not much to say here. Jolteon becomes an offensive spiker who doesn't even need to waste his movepool and makes a decent answer to most Defoggers with SE Thunderbolts or Dark Pulse for Lati@s. Do I need to delve further? Switch in to spike, Volt Turn or smack hard the correct switch in. Heck, provide wish support for all I care! It's so simple and it's a niche UNSHARED!!

Tauros
Ability: Anger Point/Intimidate/Sheer Force -> Brute Force (User's damage all stems from Atk. SpAtks will still strike SpDef so don't Surf Blissey)
Stats: 75/100/95/40/70/110 -> 75/145/110/40/95/125
New Moves: Play Rough, Overheat, Sword Dance

Concept: A wall breaker with one stat. Always, ALWAYS use a SpAtk dropping nature. ALWAYS! Feel free to [ab]use Overheat without risking the drop since reduced SpA is the name of the game here. This thing is held back by still having a slowish speed compared to mons that are faster... or something smart sounding like that.

Vaporeon
Water
Hydration/Water Absorb --> Volt Absorb
130/65/60/110/95/65 --> 130/65/105/140/145/40
New Moves: Slack Off

Concept: The Anti-Rotom-W. Once you're in and mega, the washer MUST LEAVE! Resisting his inaccurate coverage move and not being weak to his momentum is big. It can... burn you. Oh no! Not my 65 Atk tank! Anything but that! Yes Maga Vap only has a weakness to grass, so watch out for Venus.

Ditto
Normal
Limber/Imposter -->> Better Than You (The same as Imposter, but it will also mimic the user's health when it transforms and the user heals 1/8 health over time and moves 50% faster)
Stats:48/48/48/48/48/48-->>48/48/94/48/94/50
New Moves: LOL!

Concept: There's not much to it. It's pretty much Ditto with a reason to pretend to be Chansey or Blissey if it switches in on them.)

Anyway. I typically submit just one Mega Evolution per round, so I do try to make it a good one. This time around I bring you my submission for everyone's favorite water-fox/cat/dog-thing, Vaporeon!

Mega Vaporeon
Type: Water >>> Water
Ability: Water Absorb/Hydration >>> Regenerator
Stats: 130/65/60/110/95/65 >>> 130/75(+10)/70(+10)/145(+35)/130(+35)/75(+10)
New Moves: Soak, Sludge Wave

Vaporeon is weird. If you remove its head from the rest of its body, it could straight-up be a fish. It has the tail of a whale and front legs like a cat. It can also apparently melt.

Vaporeon, you cray.

Looks aside, Vaporeon is a pretty neat pokemon. It is roughly a less shitty Milotic stat-wise, and has a marvelous movepool consisting of utility moves like Scald and Yawn while packing excellent cleric moves in Wish and Heal Bell. Its rather large HP makes it excellent at Wish-passing, and it takes most unboosted special hits in stride.

So, what does this mean for Vaporeon? What is his role, exactly?

Vaporeon's role is a very rare one, and not as highly sought after as it could be due to his base form being a little lacking. That role would be an the role of an Offensive Cleric.

In the upper tiers, the most popular special walls would be the Blobs, Chansey (OU) and Blissey (UU). And these two are some damn fine clerics. However, they are the two most passive pokemon to ever grace OU. They take hits and live them, and that about sums up all they can do. With Chansey backing no offensive presence whatsoever and Blissey packing a mighty base 75, the Blobs can't do shit outside of taking hits like a bitch. Vaporeon packs a solid base 110 SAtk, but as both a pure offensive mon and a cleric, this guy is just outclassed in both departments, sometimes even simultaneously (looking at you, Sylveon).

My goal here is to change that. Vaporeon now packs a solid 130 SDef mirroring his HP Stat, and he is now in possession of a stout 145 SAtk. This looks nice, but you may ask,

"How is this anything but a simple buffed Vaporeon?"

"He still isn't as good of a wall as the blobs or as good of a special attacker as most hard-hitters, how is he any less outclassed?"

"Why are you such a disgusting human being?"

Do not fret, as I have answers to 2 out of 3!

The key to Vaporeon's success will lie in his newfound ability, Regenerator. Regenerator is, as you all know, one of the best abilities for a defensive pivot to have, and with it, Vaporeon becomes very fearsome.

Currently, only two other pokemon in the game have access to both Wish and Regenerator, Audino and Alomomola. Audino is, as you know, a joke, and while Alomomola has a few great niches, it is for the most part a let down defensively and offensively. But they are only hindered by two things: Lack of specialised defenses, and zero offensive presence.

Mega Vaporeon has access to both. What's special about Wish + Regenerator is that you can pass massive Wishes to teammates while simultaneously healing yourself. This is one of the rarest combinations in the game, but also one of the best to have. While the other two users couldn't pull it off, Mega Vaporeon can.

So, obviously, Wish passing + Regenerator is the main draw here. The SECOND draw is the fantastic 145 SAtk. Vaporeon used to only pack Scald as an offensive move, and that was strictly for teh burns. And you can still go that route if you wish, as Vaporeon's Scald now hits harder than Keldeo's (non-specs/LO variants), and you get those tasty, tasty burns to patch up that much more modest Defense stat.

Or, if you're a rather aggressive individual, you can smash faces (gently) with Hydro Pump. It doesn't do much to those that resist it, and fails to scratch the blobs, but it gives Vaporeon a much-needed offensive presence that foes would now have to watch out for.

The new movepool? Soak is 100% fluff, serves no purpose on Vaporeon, but hey, it's flavorful. Sludge Wave gives it some nice coverage so it isn't walled to hell by Sylveon, and hey, WAVES!

To summarize, Mega Vaporeon is now the greatest offensive cleric in the game, with incredible longevity, suberb special defenses, and a stout special attack. While walled to hell by Chansey, and unable to touch the rare Gastrodon, Mega Vaporeon now has what it needs to secure a solid spot in OU.

Reserved for damage calcs (will be continuously updating):
Offensive:
4 SpA Mega Vaporeon Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 168-198 (43.5 - 51.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Mega Vaporeon Scald vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Heatran: 216-254 (55.9 - 65.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Vaporeon Scald vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Zapdos: 130-154 (40.3 - 47.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Defensive:
252+ Atk Conkeldurr Drain Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Mega Vaporeon: 129-153 (27.8 - 32.9%) -- 75.2% chance to 4HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Vaporeon: 299-354 (64.4 - 76.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vaporeon: 221-265 (47.6 - 57.1%) -- 86.7% chance to 2HKO
252+ SpA Zapdos Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Vaporeon: 188-224 (40.5 - 48.2%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)