Megas For All (Read the whole 1st post and check current slate)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Approved by Hollywood
Megas For All

For the love of all that is holy don't post anything without first reading the post in the title and finding out the current slate of mons submissions are open for!!!!
Current Google Doc (Updated!)
One of the largest changes to the Metagame in Generation 6 was the introduction of Mega Evolutions. Some of these Mega Evolutions served to make less used pokemon more viable such as Mawile and Manectric but most of these Mega Evolutions were given to already OU viable fan favorites such as Tyranitar, Scizor and Garchomp. I feel this is unfair and have decided for the sake of equality to create a metagame in which by holding a mcguffin-like item (probably Abomasite since its easiest to get to on the items list) every fully evolved pokemon gets a Mega Evolution. Since I'm not as creative as I would like to think I am I asking you to help me by submitting your own suggestions for new Mega Evolutions.

My favorite part of this pet mod is that its effect on the OU metagame is two-fold in that it gives new roles to already viable mons and makes unviable ones more viable in the OU metagame but it will not shift the meta to an extreme degree because a player can only use one mega evolution at a time.

1. Each Mega Evolution gets 100 extra base stat points to use no more and no less even Mega Farfetch'd only gets 100 base stat points to work with.

2. You can only take points out of speed upon Mega Evolution as there is no precedent for any Mega to lose points in anything other than speed. You may take some points out of defense but very sparingly.

3. The Pokemon's Base HP must stay the same upon Mega Evolution as there is no precedent for a Mega Form with more HP than its base form.

4. Mega Evolved Pokemon can only gain/lose/change one type upon Mega Evolving as again there is no precedent for complete typing changes upon Mega Evolution.

5. Custom Abilities are allowed as some Mega Evolutions do have new, exclusive abilities such as Aerilate upon Mega Evolution.

6. Pokemon may get a maximum of 3 new moves for their new Mega Evolution but if this Pokemon is already OU viable then exercise caution as the base form also gets these moves, but no boosting moves as there is no precedent for new boosting moves on an new Mega and if your mon isn't a sweeper it isn't a sweeper try to find another role it could fulfill.

7. In regards to already OU viable Mega Evolutions try not to overshadow the base form of the Pokemon (an example of this would be Mega Scizor overshadowing Normal Scizor) try to give this Mega Form a different role from its already viable normal form.

8. Try not to completely ignore flavor in your suggestion and please try to make your Mega Evolution balanced in the OU Metagame, I don't want to see Huge Power Haxorus with 157 speed and 197 attack

The mega forms will most likely use the same sprite as their normal forms so you don't need to have a pokemon design for your mega evolution submission.

Please use this format for your submission as it will make it way easier for me to read the details.
Name of Pokemon (a picture would be nice too)

Normal Typing ----> Mega Typing (If it gets a new typing)
Normal Abilities ----> Mega Ability
Original Base Stat Total (in the format HP/Attack/Defense/Special Attack/Special Defense/Speed) ---> Mega Base Stat Total
New Moves

Concept: This should be an explanation of why this Mega Evolution fits this pokemon and the role it would play it in the Metagame.

Here is are some examples one with an unviable mon getting a new typing and additional moves upon mega evolving and another of an already OU viable mon's mega.

Butterfree

Typing: Bug / Flying -----> Bug / Psychic
Abilities: Compoundeyes / Tinted Lens -----> Multiscale
BST: 60/45/50/90/80/70 -----> 60/55/80/130/90/80
New Moves: Psyshock

Concept: Mega Butterfree's role is as a Quiver Dance sweeper that is guaranteed to get up at least on Quiver Dance thanks to Multiscale. Multiscale in conjuction with roost and defense investment makes Mega Butterfree a difficult sweeper to break down. STAB Psyshock allows Mega Butterfree to perform a different role than Volcarona as it can break through special walls but Butterfree's new Psychic typing leaves it prone to being Revenge Killed by sucker punch users. The large buff Mega Butterfree recieves to its physical defense allows it to better deal with revenge killers such as Talonflame and Bisharp that can stop its sweep.

Conkeldurr

Typing: Fighting (No Change)
Abilities: Guts/Sheer Force/Iron Fist ------> Iron Fist
BST: 105/140/95/55/65/45 ------> 105/180/115/70/95/40

Concept: Conkeldurr's Mega attempts to use Conkeldurr in a very different role than usual. While regular Conkeldurr always uses assualt vest and is more specially bulky, Mega Conkeldurr with Iron Fist and the attack boost can perform the role of a Revenge Killer with STAB Mach Punch and can also actually use Bulk Up effectively thanks to the 30 point buff to its special defense and stronger priority. The small drop in speed allows 0 speed Conkeldurr to outslow 0 speed Aegislash. (Notice how for an already OU viable mon I threw 25 points into special attack knowing nobody would ever use special conkeldurr)

There are going to be no more reservations or Submissions except for the Slated Pokemon please check the first post in the title to see the current pokemon.

Here is the schedule of slated pokemon
NEW SLATE COMING THROUGH

Since ORAS seems to be releasing new Megas for Hoenn Pokemon, we're going to take a break from the Hoenn region until the dust settles and we know which Megas we still need to fill. In the meanwhile, we're going to be taking a crack at Sinnoh and Unova.

7/15 - 7/17
Emboar
Watchog
Stoutland
Liepard

7/17 - 7/19
Simisear
Simipour
Musharna
Unfezant

7/19 - 7/21
Zebstrika
Gigalith
Excadrill
Audino

7/21 - 7/23
Throh
Sawk
Leavanny
Scolipede

7/23 - 7/25
Basculin
Krookodile
Darmanitan
Maractus

7/25 - 7/27
Crustle
Scrafty
Sigilyph
Cofagrigus

7/27 - 7/29
Carracosta
Garbodor
Cinccino
Gothitelle

7/29 - 7/31
Emolga
Escavalier
Amoonguss
Jellicent

7/31 - 8/2
Alomomola
Ferrothorn
Klinklang
Eelektross

8/2 - 8/4
Beheeyem
Chandelure
Haxorus
Beartic

8/4 - 8/6
Cryogonal
Accelgor
Stunfisk
Mienshao

8/6 - 8/8
Druddigon
Golurk
Bisharp
Bouffalant

8/8 - 8/10
Braviary
Mandibuzz
Heatmor
Cobalion

8/10 - 8/12
Terrakion
Virizion
Tornadus-I
Tornadus-T

8/12 - 8/14
Thundurus-I
Thundurus-T
Landorus-I
Landorus-T

8/14 - 8/16
Kyurem
Kyurem-B
(maybe bonus Kyurem-W?)
Keldeo

Current version so far up to Gen 6.

Amplifier: Sound moves hit for 1.3x normal damage. Users: Audino, Noivern

Awareness: Immunity to Entry Hazard Damage. Users: Arcanine Y (note: does this include Toxic Spikes? I dunno, Magic Guard seems like it'd do the trick here).

Brute Force: All attacking moves are Physical. Users: Mamoswine, Ninjask, Tauros.

Bug Juice: Water Absorb for Bug moves. Users: Victreebel.

Capacitance: User's contact moves have a 30% chance to paralyze the target. Users: Zebstrika.
Combo Artist:
Grants 50% damage bonus against opponents with lowered Speed. Users: Sawk.
Corrosion: Ignores Steel's immunity to Poison. Users: Muk.

Dimensional Warp: Sets up Trick Room upon Mega Evolution and switch-in. Users: Reuniclus (this means that Trick Room is reversed if this mon switches in/sets up while Trick Room is already in place).

Doppler: Adds a 50% boost to moves by weather: Fire for Sun, Water for Rain, Ice for Hail, and Rock for Sandstorm Users: Heliolisk

Dream Fulfillment: Boosts Special Attack by 50% while asleep; user can choose from moves while asleep. Users: Musharna.

Energy Crystal: User takes 75% damage from special moves; boosts Special Attack by one stage upon being hit by special moves. Users: Gigalith X.

Field Warp: Moves that effect the entire field or your side are boosted to 8 turns. The moves affected are: Electric Terrain, Grassy Terrain, Misty Terrain, Hail, Rain Dance, Sandstorm, Sunny Day, Light Screen, Reflect, Mud Sport, Water Sport, Tailwind, Magic Room, Trick Room, Wonder Room, Gravity, and Lucky Chant. Users: Xatu, Gliscor Y (who has a clone called Landscaper, which does the same thing, so I'm gonna leave it out of this list).

Fire Absorb: Water Absorb for Fire moves. Users: Entei.

Generator: Sets Electric Terrain for five turns upon Mega Evolution or switch-in. Users: Electrode X, Jolteon.

Grit Power: Boosts Special Attack by 50% if user is inflicted with a negative status. Users: Azelf.

Grounded: All immunities to Ground are ignored when user is on the field. Users: Gliscor X, Zygarde

Heat Seek: User's Fire moves cannot miss. Users: Heatran.

Ice Age: All non-SE moves against user become Ice-type. Users: Aurorus.

Ignate: All Normal-type moves become Fire-type, with a 1.3 bonus. Users: Sandslash

Judoka: Grants 50% damage bonus against opponents weighing above 60 kg (132.3 lbs.). Users: Throh.

Mega Transform: Automatically transforms into the Mega version of the opponent. Users: Ditto

Overwhelm: Uses Taunt on Mega Evolution and switch-in. Users: Mesprit.

Paint Shield: Fur Coat but for Special Defense. Users: Smeargle

Petrified: All Grass-type moves become Rock-type, with a 1.3 bonus. Also blocks passive damage Users: Sudowoodo.

Pollen Shield:
Boosts Defense and Special Defense by 50% in the Sun. Users: Bellossom X.

Pollinate:
Gives priority to Powder-type moves Users: Vileplume.

Propagate: Uses Leech Seed on switch-in Users: Parasect.

Purify: Absorbs Poison moves (including Toxic Spikes) to give a 50% boost to user's Grass moves. Users: Shaymin.

Quick-Witted: Gives priority to Psychic-type moves. Users: Noctowl X.

Road Block: Traps all grounded foes Users: Snorlax.

Scarecrow: User is immune to Flying moves. Users: Maractus.

Shiver: Lowers Special Attack of opponent by one stage upon Mega Evolving or switch-in. Users: Noctowl Y.
Sneaky: Gives priority to Dark-type moves. Users: Liepard.

Soothing Pulse: Uses Aromatherapy on switch-in (and also Mega Evolution, I'd assume). Users: Meganium

Storm Force: Boost Flying, Electric, and Dragon moves by 30% in the rain Users: Dragonite.

Sweet Dreams: User heals 1/8 of its health every turn when asleep. Users: Cresselia.
Swordsman: Boosts Blade, Cut, Slash, and Sword moves by 50%. Users: Samurott, Gallade X

Trickster: Stat-lowering debuff moves have their effect doubled. Users: Whimsicott

Unadaptable: Non-STAB moves hit for 66%. Users: Archeops, Regigigas

Winter Shield: User is immune to increased-priority moves Users: Glaceon.

Vampiric Blade: 1/6 recover on contact moves (1/6 of damage, Liquid Ooze affects this). Users: Aegislash.

Vanguard: On Mega Evolution and switch-in, raises user's Defense one stage if opponent's Attack is higher, or raises user's Special Defense one stage if opponent's Special Attack is higher. Users: Gallade Y.

Victory SuperStar: Boosts party accuracy by 20%. Users: Victini.

While I would love for this meta to be implemented on a Server it will probably take tons of busy work (and lots of mega submissions) and I would have to have someone willing to host this metagame as well. If you are willing to host please let me know I can probably code the meta though it will take lots of busy work.

Feel free to also give constructive criticism on any Mega-Evolutions submitted here or discuss this pet mod as whole.

Last edited:
Reserving Greninja and Serperior! This looks great! :D
Greninja
Ability: Protean --> Infiltrator
Stats: 72/95/67/103/71/122 --> 72/125/72/138/71/162
Movepool: +Swords Dance (makes physical Greninja viable and has flavor as seen since katanas are seen in Smash Bros.) +Sucker Punch (makes Greninja an even better revenge killer and is helpful with infiltrator) +Brick Break (Greninja should be able to Brick Break too like every other Pokemon with arms/strong hands)

Pictures may come later. I'm kinda busy-ish.

Last edited:
Reserving Farfetch'd and Cloyster. Really cool idea.

EDIT: Reserving Spinda as well before it's taken

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
This is pretty interesting. I'd like to reserve Victini, Feraligatr, and Galvantula.

Qwilphish

when everything you touch turns to gold
I don't normally participate in Pet Mods but its a really fun concept that everyone has probably thought of :]

Reserving Qwilfish, Pangoro, Vanilluxe.

Qwilfish
Original Base Stat Total: 65 / 95 / 75 / 55 / 55 / 85 ---> 65 / 105 / 115 / 55 / 95 / 95

Concept: Qwilfish has all the tools it needs to be successful in OU; Intimidate, Good Support Movepool, Good Typing. It just lacks the defensive stats to compliment its role. Since I can't change HP I pumped the majority of its boosts into its Defenses with a + 40 boost in Defense and +40 boost in SpD. The extra Speed outspeeds Landog and the extra attack puts it above average.

Pangoro
Dark / Fighting ----> Poison / Fighting
Scrappy / Mold Breaker / Iron Fist ----> Regenerator
Original Base Stat Total: 95 / 124 / 78 / 69 / 71 / 58 ---> 95 / 125 / 108 / 69 / 110 / 78

Concept: Only Abuser of Parting Shot so obviously this is what comes up. Greatly Improved Bulk + Regenerator + Parting Shot = Profit. The new typing grants it a way to beat fairies as they shit on Pangoro. The loss in overall coverage doesn't really matter because Pangoro should be Parting Shotting most of the time anyways.

Vanilluxe
Ice ----> Ice / Steel
Weak Armor / Ice Body ----> Adaptability
Original Base Stat Total: 71 / 95 / 85 / 110 / 95 / 79 ---> 71 / 85 / 105 / 150 / 115 / 109
New Moves: + Earth Power

Concept: Vanilluxe's has crap movepool. However, what it does have, is Ice and Steel, as well as Autotomize. I'm not a fan of giving moves, but... it really needs it. Ice / Steel compliments its Offensive movepool as well as a neutrality to SR. I took away 10 from attack because it honestly is way too much. Increased bulk b/c no recovery and High SpA and Spe are given.

Last edited:

Iminyourcloset

OBJECTION! What do you mean I have a weakness now?!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am very interested in this, and while I'm not an OU player, I am interested in getting into the new OU. But even then, I lovelovelove this concept, and as said, you can only have 1 megaevo, so it isn't just a flat out bulldoze on the metagame. I'd like to reserve Sableye firstly (sorry guys, but it's mine) and it'd be nice if I could have Glalie and Vespiquen.

I am very interested in this, and while I'm not an OU player, I am interested in getting into the new OU. But even then, I lovelovelove this concept, and as said, you can only have 1 megaevo, so it isn't just a flat out bulldoze on the metagame. I'd like to reserve Sableye firstly (sorry guys, but it's mine) and it'd be nice if I could have Glalie and Vespiquen.
Of course you can have Glalie and Vespiquen :].

Glad to see all the interest in this :]. I should have everyone's reservations listed let me know if I missed one. Oh also I'm gonna reserve Porygon-Z and Castform.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
#kissmyGRASS

Mega Tropius
Grass/Dragon
Chlorophyll
99/108/103/92/97/61
--/+40/+20/+20/+10/+10

+1 252 Atk Tropius Leaf Blade vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 356-422 (88.1 - 104.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock
we bulky Dragon Dancer now

Mega Simisage
Grass/Fighting
Limber
75/128/63/138/63/131
--/+30/--/+40/--/+30

I basically went for broke in making Simisage offensive. It actually has a really nifty movepool with stuff like Superpower, Knock Off, Nasty Plot, and Focus Blast. I was going to make it Grass/Dark with Defiant then remembered the whole thing about the monkeys being based on the whole "see/hear/speak no evil" thing and was like FUCK
Simisear should get Soundproof though, for real

Mega Lilligant
Grass/Fairy
Pixilate
70/80/75/120/125/110
--/+20/--/+10/+50/+20

Pointless attack boost! The original idea I had was "give Lilligant more coverage, it needs it" but then felt that something bulkier might compliment its movepool a bit better. It gets cool stuff like Sleep Powder and Healing Wish to support its team with. Also Swords Dance if you're weird.

I'll probably do more later because this is kind of fun but let's not go too far

Last edited:

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
Reserving Quagsire, Donphan, and Vivillon

Also this is just my opinion but the meowstic genders should get different megas, like one for male and one for female

Finished with my first reservation already. I've thought about this one for a while, so...

Farfetch'd
(too lazy to insert picture of farfetch'd)

Typing: Normal/Flying -> Flying/Fighting
Abilities: Keen Eye/Inner Focus/Defiant -> Huge Power
Stats: 52/65/55/58/62/60 -> 52/95/55/58/80/102
Moves: + Close Combat

Concept: Alright, when we think of Farfetch'd, we think of a completely useless JOKE. Just bumping farfetch'd's BST up to 452 won't do it many favors; I had to take matters into my own hands.
1) Movepool
The thing fights with a stick. Hence close combat.
2) Ability change
Mega Mawile was given huge power because of its horrendous stats. Same applies here. Besides, dux is cool, so dux is powerful.
3) Stat Changes
The speed is for being able to outspeed greninja, keldeo, terrakion, thundy, lati@s, etc. Attack shouldn't be too broken because it's smaller than mega mawile's 105. Just slapped the last few remaining stats into spdef and that's mega farfetch'd for you.
4) Type change
Now that it gets CC, why not let it be Flying-Fighting as well? This helps mitigate stealth rock weakness while simultaneously giving Farfetch'd needed STAB.

Last edited:
Hang on, I just had a submission rejected the other day because it required adding new pokemon into the pokedex, and TheImmortal said that was impossible. What makes this different?
(BTW reserving Smeargle, Touros, and Snorlax)

Finished with my first reservation already. I've thought about this one for a while, so...

Farfetch'd
(too lazy to insert picture of farfetch'd)

Typing: Normal/Flying -> Flying/Fighting
Abilities: Keen Eye/Inner Focus/Defiant -> Huge Power
Stats: 55/65/55/68/62/60 -> 95/90/55/35/65/112
Moves: + Close Combat

Concept: Alright, when we think of Farfetch'd, we think of a completely useless JOKE. Just bumping farfetch'd's BST up to 452 won't do it many favors; I had to take matters into my own hands.
1) Movepool
The thing fights with a stick. Hence close combat.
2) Ability change
Mega Mawile was given huge power because of its horrendous stats. Same applies here. Besides, dux is cool, so dux is powerful.
3) Stat Changes
Basically the 2 points left over from 352 gave me an idea. Why not give it an awkward speed tier that allows it to kill Keldeo, Terrakion, and lati@s, and thundy? So here we go. As for the attack stat, Mega Mawile has 105 or something like that, so it shouldn't be too broken. Special attack was lowered in favor of other stats.
4) Type change
Now that it gets CC, why not let it be Flying-Fighting as well? This helps mitigate stealth rock weakness while simultaneously giving Farfetch'd needed STAB.
The typing and movepool change look great but remember you cannot add any points in HP as no megas have higher HP than their base forms and you cannot take points out of any stat besides speed so you're gonna have to edit that stat spread.

Da Pizza Man

Pizza Time
is a Pre-Contributor
The typing and movepool change look great but remember you cannot add any points in HP as no megas have higher HP than their base forms and you cannot take points out of any stat besides speed so you're gonna have to edit that stat spread.
You should also allow a defense drop, Mewtwo loses defense in its Mega Y form

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hang on, I just had a submission rejected the other day because it required adding new pokemon into the pokedex, and TheImmortal said that was impossible. What makes this different?
(BTW reserving Smeargle, Touros, and Snorlax)
Megas aren't new Pokemon with different dex #, they still have the same # as base form.
Also this is just my opinion but the meowstic genders should get different megas, like one for male and one for female
I dunno, I feel like they should both have one mega, but I'll let acestriker19 call this.

Here's a preliminary Zygarde. Working on the others

Zygarde
Typing: Same
Ability: Aura Break ===> Gravity (needs a new name but I can't think of anything) - Sets up the Gravity battle condition on switch in. Lasts for the usual amount of time.
Stats: 108 / 100 / 121 / 81 / 95 / 95 ===> 108 / 135 / 141 / 81 / 100 / 95

While at a glance the Stats don't change shit about Zygarde's role (and also only using 60 of the extra BST points due to balancing reasons), the ability is what makes this buff truly interesting. Gravity itself is a very good battle condition, with very few (if any) viable setters. With this ability, Zygarde can still take on his usual roles, but he can also go for a supporting set for a full gravity team.

*Note* I'm considering dropping speed because this seems pretty strong to me. Thoughts?

Mega mewtwo y loses some defense so there is no rule that only speed can decrease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)