Megas For All: V3! (Slate #4 VOTING; Check Post #170)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like Mega Flareon's Solrock a lot. It's especially great as a Talonflame check. However, I don't think Rock Head is quite enough for it. If it got Magic Guard instead, it would probably actually see a little bit of niche use in OU.

As for the Lunatone options, I don't think any of them would be game-breakingly powerful, but Jaguar's is the only one that looks viable. Additionally, I'm very against primary type changes, so my order would be

Mega Lunatone
Jaguar360
Aubisio
Rennyjesus

Last edited:
Yay I'm up for lunatictone

Gratz megaflareon on solrock

Seems like a pretty cool offensive mon, maybe UU or RU

Vote:
(me ofc)
Rennyjesus
Sorry but Jaguar360 is last

canno

formerly The Reptile
I think that the current Solrock-Mega is pretty alright, if a little bit on the underpowered side. Rock Head Head Smash and Flare Blitz are cool options, and I like how it can switch into Talonflame and Flamethrower CM Clef, two great mons in the meta. It also does ok against Mega Sableye as long as it doesn't have Foul Play (so the Koff variant) - Head Smash 2HKOs M-Sable but Foul Play OHKOs back. It's speed is just good enough to be useful as an offensive threat, although it is definitely still lacking - Rock Polish definitely helps, however. Head Smash is really hard to switch into - even Lando-T doesn't really appreciate it (although it can definitely still switch in)

-1 252+ Atk Solrock Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 240+ Def Landorus-T: 153-180 (40 - 47.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

Its biggest enemy is TankChomp, as it can take multiple Head Smashes (4HKO - not that bad for a resist, but its still a 4HKO) and can threaten to OHKO back with STAB EQ. For this reason, I feel like Wisp is a great 4th moveslot option, letting you cripple Garchomps and things like Hippowdons.

The set I would run is

Solrock @ Solrockite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Head Smash
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake / Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp / Morning Sun

Vote:

Rennyjesus
Aubisio
Jaguar360

Yes! I'm very glad my submission won. Since The Reptile already posted an All-Out-Attacker/Wallbreaker set, I'd like to post my personal favorite, the Rock Polish set.

Solrock @ Solrockite
Ability: Levitate
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Flare Blitz
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake / Substitute

Work as a late-game cleaner which works best against offensive teams especially when opposing bulky Pokémon are gone or weakend. Substitute can be used against things like Talonflame to ensure Solrock's safety. Earthquake provides nice coverage to things like Tyranitar. As for the nature, I prefer Adamant for optimum power though Jolly can be used to outspeed some faster threats after Rock Polish (I'm not sure if there are crucial ones).

Really excited for the Lunatone results. All of them are really good so any result will be fine to me. :)

As for my votes:
Mega Lunatone:
Aubisio
Jaguar360
Rennyjesus

Tiebreaker:
Jaguar360

...I don't like the other two at all. As for our very first mega, Solrock, I can't say I'm a fan of it either. It seems to me that it won't be able to compete effectively in OU; half the meta can beat it without much problem (Slowbro, Azumarill, Garchomp, Mega Sableye, Landorus-T, Gliscor, Rotom-Wash, Tyranitar, Starmie, Mega Venusaur, Zygarde, Terrakion). Even though it is probably one of the best checks to Talonflame, it doesn't do much better than Diancie and Tyranitar, and Heatran is actually a little better at switching in. Frankly, it's not worth wasting the mega slot on something that's outclassed by multiple other non megas, and you lose the advantage of your opponent being unsure of which Pokemon is your mega: it's the Solrock, no question. I will say that the only Pokemon in UU that resists both of its STABs is Swampert, and looking further down the tiers reveals very few reliable counters to Mega Solrock. Thus, it may very well end up in BL, but it won't get any higher than that.

Edit: CroCune 2hkos with an uninvested, unboosted Scald, and Mega Solrock needs max attack to guarantee the 2hko with Head Smash after Stealth Rocks and leftovers, but it still needs some investment to outspeed Suicune. Since UU is filled with bulky waters like CroCune, I don't expect Mega Solrock to make it to BL, if it makes UU at all.

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
Tiebreaker:
Jaguar360

...I don't like the other two at all. As for our very first mega, Solrock, I can't say I'm a fan of it either. It seems to me that it won't be able to compete effectively in OU; half the meta can beat it without any problem (Slowbro, Azumarill, Garchomp, Mega Sableye, Landorus-T, Gliscor, Rotom-Wash, Tyranitar, Starmie, Mega Venusaur, Zygarde, Terrakion). Even though it is probably one of the best checks to Talonflame, it doesn't do much better than Diancie and Tyranitar, and Heatran is actually a little better at switching in. Frankly, it's not worth wasting the mega slot on something that's outclassed by multiple other non megas, and you lose the advantage of your opponent being unsure of which Pokemon is your mega: it's the Solrock, no question. I will say that the only Pokemon in UU that resists both of its STABs is Swampert, and looking further down the tiers reveals very few reliable counters to Mega Solrock. Thus, it may very well end up in BL, but it won't get any higher than that.
I wouldn't say that half the meta beats it "without a problem", especially when most of those things get 2HKOd / 2HKO'd with SR on the field by Head Smash. The only exception to this rule on your list is M-Slowbro (normal gets 2HKO'd by Head Smash with SR and has a high chance to be 2HKO'd without it - 252+ Atk Solrock Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 199-235 (50.5 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery), Garchomp, Defensive Lando-T, and Zygarde. The thing is, even these things aren't safe - Mega Solrock can pull a Talonflame and Wisp all of those counters, leaving them crippled as it switches out. Dunno why Starmie is listed there when it gets OHKO'd by Head Smash no questions asked. Do these things check M-Solrock? Absolutely. Do they beat it "without a problem"? Absolutely not.

Mega Solrock is the best Talonflame counter in the game - M-Diancie dies to the uncommon Steel Wing on Banded sets, TTar hates taking a wisp, and Heatran can't do much without Stone Edge / Ancient Power once it gets Taunted by Bulk Up Talon except for playing the "predict the roost game" with Earth Power if its running that. Sure, it's not as splashable as the others, but it is definitely a better check to Talonflame then all of those.

While I definitely agree that Mega Solrock is more of a BL level Mega (not because of its lack of power, mind you), we can't really expect all of these megas to be top of the line OU (we should definitely aim for them to all be OU viable, but with ~500 new megas we're adding its simply not possible), especially since all megas have an inherit opportunity cost to them and especially one that comes from a completely unviable Pokemon like Solrock. Considering what Pokemon we did, I think the outcome is really nice and I do think its OU viable.

Also why wouldn't Solrock run Max Speed / Max Attack Adamant? Your post about CroCune makes it sound like that's a bad spread when that's 100% going to be the standard spread on it. If anything that shows how Suicune is not a counter to Mega Solrock and is more of a flimsy check to it.

tl;dr don't underestimate how strong Head Smash is.

Damn, foiled by the other Flareon by 1 point!

Nah congrats though :D

As for the MegaLunatone, voting for Jaguar360

Last edited:
I wouldn't say that half the meta beats it "without a problem", especially when most of those things get 2HKOd / 2HKO'd with SR on the field by Head Smash. The only exception to this rule on your list is M-Slowbro (normal gets 2HKO'd by Head Smash with SR and has a high chance to be 2HKO'd without it - 252+ Atk Solrock Head Smash vs. 252 HP / 232+ Def Slowbro: 199-235 (50.5 - 59.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery), Garchomp, Defensive Lando-T, and Zygarde. The thing is, even these things aren't safe - Mega Solrock can pull a Talonflame and Wisp all of those counters, leaving them crippled as it switches out. Dunno why Starmie is listed there when it gets OHKO'd by Head Smash no questions asked. Do these things check M-Solrock? Absolutely. Do they beat it "without a problem"? Absolutely not.

Mega Solrock is the best Talonflame counter in the game - M-Diancie dies to the uncommon Steel Wing on Banded sets, TTar hates taking a wisp, and Heatran can't do much without Stone Edge / Ancient Power once it gets Taunted by Bulk Up Talon except for playing the "predict the roost game" with Earth Power if its running that. Sure, it's not as splashable as the others, but it is definitely a better check to Talonflame then all of those.

While I definitely agree that Mega Solrock is more of a BL level Mega (not because of its lack of power, mind you), we can't really expect all of these megas to be top of the line OU (we should definitely aim for them to all be OU viable, but with ~500 new megas we're adding its simply not possible), especially since all megas have an inherit opportunity cost to them and especially one that comes from a completely unviable Pokemon like Solrock. Considering what Pokemon we did, I think the outcome is really nice and I do think its OU viable.

Also why wouldn't Solrock run Max Speed / Max Attack Adamant? Your post about CroCune makes it sound like that's a bad spread when that's 100% going to be the standard spread on it. If anything that shows how Suicune is not a counter to Mega Solrock and is more of a flimsy check to it.

tl;dr don't underestimate how strong Head Smash is.
Mega Solrock's speed is so low it can't help but run jolly. Meanwhile, I can't believe I forgot to add Keldeo to that list: it resists both of Mega Solrock's STABs and has no problem dispatching a scarf Hydro Pump directly into its face. But why rely on Hydro Pump? Timid Specs Keldeo outspeeds jolly Mega Solrock and only needs one Scald to put out the sun. Solrock needs Rock Polish to reliably sweep, but it also needs Will-O-Wisp to avoid getting checked by every Pokemon with Earthquake. This means it can't run Morning Sun, which is a problem because with such a poor defensive typing, Solrock needs the recovery to reliably get around its checks, even with Will-O-Wisp. Losing Earthquake's coverage isn't much of a problem though; it doesn't really hit anything except Heatran, Terrakion, and other Solrocks.

You're right though, I totally underestimated Head Smash. I'm really not used to that kind of damage. It hits about as hard as Choice Band Landorus-T does with Earthquake.

Votes:
1.- Mine...
2.- Mine...
3.- Mine..
4.- Mine...
7786445.- Aubisio
7786446.- Jaguar

I'll discuss Mega Solrock later! :3
Congrats Mega Flareon BTW! :3

Edit: RP Is faster but weaker than DD Tyrantrum... And it will need Jolly to get over Scarf Keldeo... 92 HP/ 252 Atk/ 164 Spe will make it get 260 speed which is enough to get over that Scarf Keldeo and after SR you will have 82% chance of 2HKOing it with Head Smash...

I don't think that it would be strong enough to make a huge impact in OU but it can nab a few KO's in UU for sure and will be too much for RU to take...

Yep for sure Head Smash hits for a ton of damage but it will need to setup the RP to sweep because is pretty slow and you can't slap a Scarf in it like Landorus T...

Last edited:
Results time again! This time, for realsies!

Note:
My current system makes single votes kinda weird, I'd prefer it if you voted for all three in order for cases like this in the future please.

Jaguar360: 26
Aubisio: 11
Rennyjesus: 14

Somehow, runbabyrun got two votes despite not being eligible

The final winner of Lunatone in a somewhat wonky but existant due to my current system landslide is Jaguar360 and his Lunatone submission! I'll post the next slate in a new post shortly!

Slate #2: Easter Time

Easter is right around the corner! Time for some eggs and bunnies to celebrate!

Limitations:
Ability level:

Diggersby: We're to allow any ability level, as Diggersby is currently made viable by a level 5 Ability. However: please limit the attack base stat to under 100 if you continue to use the ability Huge Power please!
Blissey: We've made the max ability level 3.5, as to avoid inevitable Fur Coat submissions. I'll go ahead and add a clause I thought of while writing this: No fighting absorb ability. It has to be beatable!
Move Restrictions: This round, we're limiting the movepool additions to one per Pokemon, and the movepool addition has to have a fairly good reason, without breaking the pokemon. For example, if you wanna give Diggersby some form of reliable recovery to be able to go defensive thats fine, but don't give it something that would break it like Espeed!

Also a consistency sidenote: Dont change primary types from here on out! It goes against precedent.

Submissions will close (give or take, I gauge based on thread activity) a week from today!

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Reserving this with the sample submission post and will edit in my submission later :)

Diggersby-Mega
Ability: Pickup/Cheek Pouch/Huge Power ----> Huge Power
Typing: Normal / Ground -> Normal / Fighting
Item: Diggersnite

Stats:

HP: 85 ----> 85
Attack: 56 ----> 76 (+20)
Defense: 77 ----> 102 (+25)
Special Attack: 50 ----> 60 (+10)
Special Defense: 77 ----> 102 (+25)
Speed: 78 ----> 98 (+20)
Base Stat Total: 423 ----> 523
Movepool Additions: Close Combat
Description: Diggersby's ears grow to become massive fists and its legs' muscles become flexed, allowing it to hop around fairly quickly. The dirt around its belly dissipates and its arms become roughly the same size as its legs.

I decided to take a sort of unique route with the Mega as I feel like it was nice to "upgrade" to a different typing. While it is seemingly walled by Ghost-types due to its lack of Scrappy, unlike Mega Lopunny, Diggersby has access to Knock Off giving it impeccable coverage while having a big power boost. I decided to make it a bit bulkier and faster to potentially give it more setup opportunities plus the type change can help fake out some potential checks and counters. Close Combat was given as a more reliable Fighting-type STAB move than Superpower.

Blissey-Mega
Ability: Serene Grace/Natural Cure/Healer ----> Glowing Skin - Boosts resistance to Dark- and Fighting-type moves. (Copycat of Thick Fat)
Typing: Normal/Fairy

Stats:

HP: 255 ----> 255
Attack: 10 ----> 10 (+0)
Defense: 10 ----> 40 (+30)
Special Attack: 75 ----> 105 (+30)
Special Defense: 135 ----> 145 (+10)
Speed: 55 ----> 85 (+30)
Base Stat Total: 540 ----> 640
Movepool Additions: Moonblast
Description: Blissey's skin becomes even brighter, being able to act like a light to guide the wounded Pokemon to the Center in the midst of darkness.

Basically, I wanted to figure out how to change Blissey's weaknesses with its Megas. It now becomes a great Knock Off absorber, being 4x resistant to it, while also now having an actual Fighting resist. The typing still leaves it weak to Scizor and the Defense buff isn't enough to avoid strong physical hits like it wants. That being said, Blissey has more switchin opportunities with a Dragon immunity as well as being able to actually threaten opposing Pokemon with base 105 SpA and 85 Spe.

Last edited:
Mega Diggersby
Normal/Ground -> Normal/Ground
Pickup/Cheek Pouch/Huge Power -> Huge Power
85 -> 85
56 -> 76 (+20)
77 -> 127 (+50)
50 -> 50 (+0)
77 -> 107 (+30)
78 -> 78 (+0)
New Moves: Slack Off

Ok, I came up with the idea of a more defensive Diggersby so I decided to monopolize it. This Diggersby is meant to be a bit more defensive than the original. It is like the Mega Scizor version of Diggersby. I gave it very generous boosts to its defenses and a modest boost to its offenses. Now, it might be able to actually use Swords Dance to boost. Slack Off is given to give it instant recovery. Maybe something like Return/Earthquake/Slack Off/Swords Dance might see use with this. That way it can boost while healing to keep itself healthy while fighting.

This space may be edited for a Mega Blissey in the future.

660.gif

Diggersby-Mega
Ability: Pickup/Cheek Pouch/Huge Power----> Simple
Typing: Normal/Ground

Stats:
Attack: 56 ----> 116 (+60)
Defense: 77 ----> 97 (+20)
Special Attack: 50 ----> 50
Special Defense: 77 ----> 97 (+20)
Speed: 78 ----> 78
Movepool Additions: None :)
Description: As a Normal type, Diggersby is a simple mon. It continues is duty as a digger of tunnels with no intentions of being powerful. But being Simple is actually what makes it powerful.

Competitive: Diggersby is a powerful set-up sweeper. One Swords Dance triples its already good Attack stat and Agility let's it out speed almost the whole metagame. Access to those humongous boosts gives Diggersby the luxury to invest on bulk. A tripled Attack boost lets even its puny Quick Attack sting! Normal/Ground STABs provide good coverage with Wild Charge to hit Skamory. That being said, this Mega is by no means perfect. It needs to boost to be powerful and fast meaning the opponent can take advantage on turn one. If Diggersby want to be fast and powerful at the same time then it has to give up a STAB or coverage move, leading it to a slight 4MSS.

242.gif

Blissey-Mega
Ability: Serene Grace/Natural Cure/Healer ----> Thick Fat
Typing: Normal/Fairy

Stats:
HP: 255 ----> 255
Attack: 10 ----> 20 (+10)
Defense: 10 ----> 20 (+10)
Special Attack: 75 ----> 115 (+40)
Special Defense: 135 ----> 175 (+40)
Speed: 55 ----> 55
Base Stat Total: 540 ----> 640
Movepool Additions: Moonblast
Description: Blissey is now fluffier and cuter than ever. Its fat layers are so thick that it can no longer feel the pain of extreme heat and cold. Scientists have also discovered that Chansey and Blissey's egg have a connection to the moon. The moon sends signals to the egg to give it more nutrition.

Competitively, Blissey is now bulkier and has more resistances. Previously it had zero, but now it has four! That is all thanks to its new typing and ability. Also, it gets a new dragon immunity in addition to its existing Ghost immunity. Its Special Attack also gets a significant buff, meaning it can also work excellently as a bulky attacker thanks to its wide offensive movepool. Despite all its buffs, I still don't like overpowered Pokémon so I didn't raise its defense that much. Any moderately powerful physical attack will still dent it. As with any other defensive Mega, it also loses its Leftovers recovery so it will be more pressured to heal itself. It also loses Natural Cure, though it can still Heal Bell. Overall, it's a Blissey with beefier special stats and a lot more resistances.

Last edited:
Mega Diggersby
Normal/Ground -> Fighting/Ground
Pickup/Cheek Pouch/Huge Power -> Pure Power
85 -> 85
56 -> 81 (+25)
77 -> 87 (+10)
50 -> 65 (+15)
77 -> 97 (+20)
78 -> 108 (+30)
New Moves: Close Combat

Flavor: Diggersby wants to use his power for justice and wants desperately to be like the musketeers (Keldeo, Terrakion, Virizion and Cobalion) which gets him to train in martial arts... While his training wasn't exactly what he was expecting in the beginning, he managed to understand that even without being a musketeer, he can fight for justice! The training changed Diggersby Huge Power into Pure Power, and his body become muscular instead of being chubby, changing his stance to a fighting pose and fighting with the fists on his arms and ears. (Yep... My imagination is a little bit crazy sometimes xD)

This mega Diggersby is the epithome of offense, because now it has even more power (not as much as Medicham though) and the delicious speed tier of the musketeers. With that speed tier, we can have a pretty nice combo for Fighting Spam with Keldeo+Mega Digg that will wreck havok between scald burns, Knocking off items and a few powerful physical and special secondary STABs in Hydro Pump and Earthquake. The slightly higher bulk put Mega Digg also in Keldeo's range making it surprisingly bulky for a huge offensive pokemon. Oh... and the extra special attack is just for not making it too broken xD more attack, speed or bulk will make it too much for sure...

Why is good but not broken?
Well, while is faster than Medicham it's also weaker than it. However its bulk can also help it to get a Swords Dance and be devastating and that will make it competitive against some other fighting megas.

Also, while they can't switch in because of the fear of getting a Super Effective Knock Off from a disgustingly high 522 attack, many top OU pokes like Starmie, Alakazam, Talonflame and Tornadus-T and Latios will still outspeed and get the revenge kill on the bunny.

Another huge issue is that Fighting + Ground is far from perfect as a STAB combo, because they pretty much overlap against Ice, Rock and Steel types, being pretty weak against Flying types and Gengar and only making a difference against Electric and Normal types.

However, because of that, Diggers can also forget about one STAB and go with coverage from Knock Off and Stone Edge, while keeping one moveslot for Swords Dance, Agility of even Quick Attack in case you wanna use non STABed priority.

Possible Sets:
Diggersby @ Diggersbynite
Ability: Pure Power
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance / Agility / Quick Attack / Earthquake

This will be the principal set for this Mega Diggersby. Close Combat + Knock Off has excellent neutral coverage excepting Fairy Types and those will still be hit pretty hard by Stone Edge (Only defensive ones will like Sylveon can avoid the 2HKO against non boosted Diggs. Offensive Mega Alt gets 2HKOed by Stone Edge and Mega Diancie will get OHKOed by Close Combat after megaevolving). The last moveslot can helo you to use Diggs in different roles, with Swords Dance destroying Stall and Balance and Agility making it a living hell for offense. If you feel like needing priority, there is Quick Attack for that last 25% on offensive Latios and Tornadus T, or you can just use Earthquake for a second reliable STAB that doesn't makes Diggs defenses absolutely paper thin.

Then we have Mega Blissey!!!
Mega Blissey
Normal -> Normal/Fairy
Natural Cure/Serene Grace/Healer -> Serene Grace
255 -> 255
10 -> 30 (+20)
10 -> 30 (+20)
75 -> 105 (+30)
135 -> 155 (+20)
55 -> 65 (+10)
New Moves: Moonblast

Flavor: C'mon... We all were expecting a fairy type on this disgusting Pink Blob... So... It will get it now... Like Audino becoming something like a doctor, now Blissey becomes a full fledged nurse... Even having a little resemblance from Nurse Joy.

Increased defenses for a better walling process now also boosted by Serene Grace STAB Moonblast cutting the power from special moves even further... This thing WILL need you to have a physical poke in your team to beat it or you will just be simply destroyed... Some cute calcs:

252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 4 HP / 252+ Def Mega Blissey: 231-273 (35.4 - 41.8%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock

252+ SpA Primal Kyogre Water Spout (150 BP) vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Mega Blissey in Heavy Rain: 298-352 (45.7 - 53.9%) -- 46.9% chance to 2HKO

Not bad huh?

Also, 105 base SpA will make Blissey less passive than before and preventing a few disgusting pokes from coming in... Of course, that will be mostly uninvested...

See ya!

Edit: I guess I have to do a new Digg proposal...

Mega Diggersby
Normal/Ground -> Normal/Steel
85 -> 85
56 -> 81 (+25)
77 -> 87 (+10)
50 -> 65 (+15)
77 -> 97 (+20)
78 -> 108 (+30)
New Moves: Shift Gear

Flavor: Diggersby ground body gets pressured by its competition and becomes a steel muscle body! I dunno... my imagination isn't flying today... Then, now Diggs isn't chubby but a muscle bunny with a steel vest and steel gloves instead of just dirty hands...

This Diggs has the same things that my last proposal have, but with a worst offensive typing and a best defensive one... Now getting a Swords Dance shouldn't be a problem... unless your opponent is a Fighting type... those will utterly destroy your mega bunny...

Also Mega Bunny has the option of going absolutely murder using Shift Gear... since it's now a steel type, it can perfectly learn that and after a few boosts it's only gonna be fearing Vacuum Wave or Mach Punch... Shift Gear can even give you the chance of investing in your bulk or going Adamant for increased damage...

Possible Set:
Diggersby @ Diggersbynite
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe or 124 HP / 252 Atk / 132 Spe
Adamant/Jolly Nature
- Shift Gear/Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Return/Iron Head

Well, Shift Gear for setup, Knock Off and EQ for Coverage and only one STAB since those aren't exactly the best ones... Return for power and better neutral damage - Iron Head for Flinching Chance and a few SE Hits...

The second spread makes Mega Diggs fast enough to outpace positive natured base 80 before setup and faster than Scarfers with less than 123 Base Speed after a Shift Gear while adding a little bit to its natural bulk...

See ya...

Edit 2: Then, let's try another thing... U_U
Mega Diggersby
Normal/Ground -> Normal/Steel
85 -> 85
56 -> 81 (+25)
77 -> 87 (+10)
50 -> 65 (+15)
77 -> 97 (+20)
78 -> 108 (+30)
New Moves: Bullet Punch

Flavor: Diggersby ground body gets pressured by its competition and becomes a steel muscle body! I dunno... my imagination isn't flying today... Then, now Diggs isn't chubby but a muscle bunny with a steel vest and steel gloves instead of just dirty hands...

Again a similar Mega Diggs... Without a Speed+Attack Setup move, Diggs will not be that threatening to both offense and Stall at the same time... Also Bullet Punch is a nice option because it can deal more damage than Quick Attack on a few disgusting things like Mega Diancie, Mega Aero, +1 Mega Alt, etc.

Mega Blissey
Normal -> Normal
Natural Cure/Serene Grace/Healer -> Regenerator
255 -> 255
10 -> 40 (+30)
10 -> 20 (+10)
75 -> 105 (+30)
135 -> 155 (+20)
55 -> 65 (+10)
New Moves: Moonblast

Flavor: Well, now Bliss get the ability to not only heal her allies but also herself... she now carries a small maletin with medicines for everyone and uses a cape that looks like a laboratory attire.

Yup, the defensive upgrades are pretty low to avoid this from being broken... the same with the typing... at least base 105 SpA will make it a little bit less passive and capable of using its new Moonblast to deal some nice damage to those Fighting types that usually wants to switch in on the fat blob.

So... this is like a little bit less bulky Chansey with Regenerator and Moonblast... not a huge deal but nice enough to be OU I think...

I hope those are better than the last ones!

See ya!

Last edited:

canno

formerly The Reptile
I'll describe / change things later, but here's a rough draft

Diggersby Mega
Ability: Huge Power
Typing:

Stats: 85 / 86 (+30) / 117 (+40) / 60 (+10) / 117 (+40) / 58 (-20) [BST 523 (+100)]
Movepool Additions: None
Description (Flavor): --
Description (Competitive): --

Blissey Mega
Ability: Friend Guard
Typing:

Stats: 255 / 20 (+10) / 20 (+10) / 115 (+40) / 175 (+40) / 55 [BST 640 (+100)]
Movepool Additions: None
Description (Flavor): --
Description (Competitive): --

OM

It's a starstruck world
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Mega Diggersby
Mega Evolution's Ability: Huge Power
Mega Evolution's Typing: Normal / Ground

Mega evolution's Stats:

Attack: 56 ----> 86 (+30)
Defense: 77 ----> 137 (+60)
Special Attack: 50 ----> 50
Special Defense: 77 ----> 77 (0)
Speed: 78 ----> 88 (+10)
Movepool Additions: Storm Throw
WIP

Blissey coming soontm

Diggersby-Mega
Type
:

Ability: Pickup/Cheek Pouch/Huge Power → Huge Power
Move Additions: Drain Punch

Stats:
Attack: 56 ----> 86 (+30)
Defense: 77 ----> 122 (+45)
Special Attack: 50 ----> 30 (-20)
Special Defense: 77 ----> 92 (+15)
Speed: 78 ----> 108 (+30)

Description:
After mega-evolving, Diggersby increases in size and muscular density. The end of its fist-like ears now sport boxing gloves. Their power, previously used mostly for digging, now prove their worth in protecting its comrades and battling for its trainer.

Diggersby-Mega becomes a balance of bulk, speed and power. Now sporting a 4x resistance to Stealth Rock and still being immune to Thunder Wave, it becomes a great pivot with U-turn, while STAB Drain Punch gives it even more longevity. It reaches a speed tie with Keldeo and the other musketeers. It can use a hit-and-run set with Superpower and U-turn, or a wallbreaker with Swords Dance.
While powerful, Diggersby-Mega is weak to an astounding 6 types. It struggles against Flying-types, and variants without Ice Punch gets totally walled by Gliscor and Lando-T. Without Knock Off, it gets stopped by Gengar. Also, while it gained Speed, it lost STAB on its only priority move. Overall, I think this Diggersby-Mega would fit snugly into the current OU metagame.

--------------
It's my first time here in the Pet Mods forum. Have mercy! :P​

Last edited:
Reminder to keep any move additions so that they don't affect the base form too much. These are OU threats this time.

Editing this post later with my submissions. Too tired atm.

Mega Solrock
Ability
: Natural Cure/Serene Grace/Healer -> Oblivious
Typing: Normal
Stats:
HP: 255 -> 255
Atk: 10 -> 10
Def: 10 -> 40 (+30)
SpA: 75 -> 75
SpD: 135 -> 175 (+40)
Speed: 55 -> 85 (+30)
Total: 540 -> 640 (+100)
Added Moves: Wonder Room
Descriptions: You know, I don't think I've ever seen Wonder Room being used in competitive battling; This mega is designed to do exactly that. Different from its cousin Trick Room, Wonder Room does not have negative priority, which means Blissey can use it against slower physical threats and start walling them like how it walled special attackers. That, or you can predict one switching in and set up Wonder Room. With a buffed Def, it's certainly easier for Blissey to take a physical hit first, too. Although losing Leftovers hurts, M-Blissey still has Soft-Boiled for recovery, and Oblivious means it can't get Taunted. That said, statuses now hurt it a lot more without Natural Cure, and Fighting-type moves are still the bane of its existence.​

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)