Pet Mod Megas for All v7 - Kalos concluded! | Please read the first post! | Fully playable through Kalos Slate 10!

KeroseneZanchu

Banned deucer.
Oh damn, I totally didn't notice I forgot to add the +100 when making the Melting Melty Boi's stats xD. Yeah, 46/25/25/24/25/255 would be the spread.

That being said:

Spiky-Eared Pichu: BlueRay, abismal, KeroseneZanchu, jazzmat

Eternal Floette: Rosiario, KeroseneZanchu, Exilas, Ninjacid

Meltan: BitBitio, KeroseneZanchu, jazzmat, ChoiceScarfed

Last edited:
1619640001235.png

1. okispokis
2. KeroseneZanchu
3. Gekokeso
4. jazzmat
5. Wheevelution
6. abismal
7. b-torterra

1619640008720.png

1. okispokis
2. jazzmat
3. EeveeGirl1380
4. kingbaruk
5. Rosario
6. ry42
7. Exilas
8. abismal
9. stinky potato

1619640019029.png

1. DrPumpkinz
2. abismal
3. okispokis
4. The Main Mon
5. I-Deepblue-I
6. Hematemesis

Rosiario

Banned deucer.
Oh, sorry! Yup, you can dump the rest into attack, Hemmy <3

Also, I'm making an effort to vote for more than one person from now on, but I still want to give explanations/feedback on them so the 2nd place and lower will have shorter blurbs.

For Spiky-Eared Pichu I'm voting Jazzmat! I really love this idea - in fact, I was going to sub this myself before someone told me it had already been done! So it only makes sense to vote for your version <3
- Second place goes to KeroseneZanchu. It's a very different but similar attempt to get around the stat issue by giving it "fake stats" to work with, and besides that it just has really nice flavor.
- Third place goes to Tarionate. The Burger King is just a;lkdlaksjdsaoij

For Eternal Floette, Rosiario! I won't actually describe very much because it's obvious, I just really like my idea xP
- Second place goes to Okispokis. I think the flavor is really nice (I especially love the ability name), and considering the nature of this slate I think that's the most important part of the sub!
- Third place is Ninjacid. I always thought Sacred Ash was a strangely neat and obscure item and the callback is fun. Plus what could go wrong?

For Meltan, I gotta give it to BitBitio. SOS Meltan sounds like such fun, and it's a really cool way to get around the stat deficit. The assembly form is such a cute and funny mental image, I really want to see it in action.
- Second place goes to Deepblue! I always wanted more Stockpile gimmicks, it's such a weird and quirky move along with Spit Up/Swallow and I want more things that interact with it.
- Third place goes to KeroseneZanchu because Melty Melting Meltan is adorable <3

My favourite part about M4A is the lack of restrictions on voting

Pichu: Gekokeso, Abismal, SimpyShrimp, b-torterra, kingbaruk (simply because 255 Speed is funny), BlueRay, VoolPool, jazzmat, ChoiceScarfed, PalpitoadChamp, Loukarya, Tarionate
Floette: EeveeGirl1380, SimpyShrimp, Abismal, okispokis, ry42, JosJet, The Main Mon, ChoiceScarfed, Wheeveelution, I-Deepblue-I
Meltan: DrPumpkinz, SimpyShrimp, okispokis, The Main Mon, ChoiceScarfed, Hematemesis, I-Deepblue-I, Bitbitio & Exilas

You know, how would Mega Meltan use Double Iron Bash?

If you want explanations for why I chose or didn’t choose your sub just PM me, but basically I love creative abilities.

ItzaDelta

formerly I-Deepblue-I
Spiky-Eared Pichu:
Blueray
Gekokeso
ChoiceScarfed
Exilas
Loukarya
JosJet
Wheeveelution
Ninjacid
abismal
Hematemesis
BitBitio and Exilas
Loukarya

Last edited:
Well, it's finally time to be back.

Let's vote!

1. VoolPool (7.8/10 too much cuteness)
2. Abismal
3. SimpyShrimp
4. BlueRay
5. okispokis

1. Dr. Pumpikinz (get those steels away from my face)
2. SimpyShrimp (yeah I like the same concept done in a complete different way)
3. Hematemesis
4. ChoiceScarfed
5. Gekokeso

1. Ninjacid (this... this is not a throw away, it's THE throw away)
2. okispokis
3. VoolPool
4. abismal
5. Jazzmat

KakkarrotCake

Banned deucer.
I'm not very creative, so I probably won't sub for these but I know quality when I see it, so y'all should pay attention to what I'm voting for.

Jazzmat's Pichu is super fucking great and is a great concept for even real subs.
Also, Gekokeso
and Tarionate's subs both sound like tons of fun and a great fit for the slate.

Ninjacid's Floette is the perfect mix of fun and competitive wackiness that makes it perfect for this slate.
Abismal's sub is a good followup and
JosJet's is really cool too.

So BitBitio and Exilas's Meltan is clearly the best, but
Jazzmat's sub and
Hematemesis' is pretty cool too.

:pichu:Marty McFly
zxgzxg
abismal
BlueRay
EeveeGirl1380
jazzmat
SimpyShrimp

Are negative votes allowed? If they are,
Tarionate
Like seriously what the fuck is this
I'd be fine with none of my actual votes for Pichu counting if it meant this one negative vote would count
It's immune to basically everything, y'all

:Floette-eternal:Blossom
kingbaruk
abismal
Loukarya
okispokis
EeveeGirl1380
exilas

:Meltan:4d 45 4c 54 41 4e
Loukarya
KeroseneZanchu
DrPumpkinz
I-Deepblue-I

Last edited:
me? procrastinate? never
the time is 23:54 GMT on the 29th of April, 2021
:pichu: Mega Pichu (Spiky-eared)
1) abismal​
2) BlueRay​
3) zxgzxg​
4) SimpyShrimp​
5) b-torterra​
6) jazzmat​
7) kingbaruk​
8) okispokis​
9) Loukarya​
10) The Main Mon​
11) VoolPool​
12) KeroseneZanchu​
13) PalpitoadChamp​

:floette-eternal: Mega Floette (Eternal Flower)
1) okispokis​
2) Rosiario​
3) SimpyShrimp​
4) KeroseneZanchu​
5) abismal​
6) ry​
7) kingbaruk​
8) JosJet​
9) Wheeveelution​
10) ChoiceScarfed​
11) jazzmat​
12) stinky potato​
13) EeveeGirl​
14) I-Deepblue-I​

:meltan: Mega Meltan
1) abismal​
2) DrPumpkinz​
3) KeroseneZanchu​
4) jazzmat​
5) ChoiceScarfed​
6) BitBitio and Exilas​
7) Hematemesis​
8) Wheeveelution​
9) stinky potato​
There are actually a ton of really fun ones here!! I'm excited to see what wins and look forward to seeing it in random battles!

okay super last minute votes (sorry ink)

1. jazzmat
2. Exilas
3. PalpitoadChamp
4. Gekokeso
5. ChoiceScarfed
6. SimpyShrimp
7. abismal
8. N1ghtShade
9. The Main Mon
10. Wheeveelution
11. KeroseneZanchu
12. okispokis

1. jazzmat
2. Exilas
3. Rosario
4. ry24
5. SimpyShrimp
6. Wheeveelution
7. abismal
8. KeroseneZanchu
9. I-Deepblue-I

1. jazzmat
2. DrPunpkinz
3. The Main Mon
4. Wheeveelution
5. I-Deepblue-I
6. BitBitio & Exilas
7. okispokis
8. abismal

inkbug

Maybe the real mega pokemon were the friends we ma
is a Community Contributor
Welcome back, everyone! It's good to be back. even if I'm still stepping away from the Discord. I'm not dead or anything!

Before I get started, a quick run-down of how this works:
  • Each vote contributes one point to its first-place choice
  • The candidates are ordered based on both the number of first-place votes and the number of total votes, and eliminated from the bottom
  • Any vote whose first choice has been eliminated instead gives its point to its second choice, or whatever its next ranking is. (On the sheet, points that have moved in this manner are highlighted in yellow.)
  • The elimination and re-ranking process continues until there are two remaining, upon which the one with more points is the winner.
  • You can view the whole thing on this spreadsheet.
So, without further ado:

:pichu: Mega Spiky-Eared Pichu: Gekokeso !
Gekokeso said:
:Pichu: (idk how to get the spiky ear sprite)
Mega Spiky-Eared Pichu
Type: Electric Normal
Ability: Gamble (
If this Mon utilises metronome, it performs the move 4 additional times)
Stats:
HP:
Attack: 120 (+80)
Defense:
Special Attack: 20 (-15)
Special Defense:
20 (-15)
Speed:
110 (+50)
BST: 205 → 305
Moves: +Volt tackle (
it is in the same family as Pikachu so in theory this should be allowed?)
1619742763828.png

:floette-eternal: Mega Eternal Floette: Ninjacid !
Ninjacid said:
:xy/floette-eternal:
Mega Floette-Eternal
Ability: Secret Weapon: (When this Pokémon faints, all team members are healed of all status conditions, have all their HP and PP restored. Kinda like Sacred Ash but as an ability.(Does not revive fainted allies.))

HP: 74 (+0)
ATK: 76 (+11)
DEF: 128 (+61)
SPA: 143 (+18)
SPD: 128 (+0)
SPE: 102 (+10)

New Type: Fairy

Description: Floette is burdened by the lives of the Pokémon that died for its revival, upon fainting, it releases the energy back to its allies.
Just having fun with this one, (also my first one) but can you imagine facing your opponent and losing and suddenly you realize that you have this monstrosity on your team and heal all your Pokémon. It’s also for random battles so unless people get really competitive about it, it should be fine. Open to any feedback!
1619742775405.png

:meltan: Mega Meltan: DrPumpkinz !
DrPumpkinz said:

Mega Meltan
Type:
Steel
Ability: Amalgam (if the user is ever in the presence of a Steel-type Pokemon, the Steel-type loses its Steel typing and the user is healed 1/3)
Stats:
HP: 46Att: 55 (-10)Def: 115 (+50)SpA: 55SpD: 95 (+60)Spe: 34
An amalgam is an alloy that involves mercury, a liquid metal known for its ability to react with and dissolve most metals.

I would have went with 50% healing, but I wanted to future proof it in case someone wants to use this ability on something stronger. In any case, by sucking away the opponent's Steel typing, it allows Meltan to badly poison them with Toxic (which it learns through Let's Go) and it can help its allies break through tough opposition, as Steel is arguably the most important defensive type. The healing helps Meltan stick around and continue to do its job throughout a game, and even though the opponent will get their Steel type back when they switch, that just means Meltan can suck it back up for even more healing.
1619742786211.png

Before we move on to the rest of the post, we do have the
:mismagius::sawsbuck-winter::reuniclus:Results of our recent Balance Changes Poll!:samurott::tyrantrum::vikavolt:

:mismagius: Mega Mismagius will be having adjusted stats (lower Attack to distribute into other stats) :mismagius:
:mismagius: Mismagius will be gaining access to Poison Gas :mismagius:

:samurott: The move Cross Poison will be considered a "blade move" for the purposes of Heavenly Techniques :samurott:
:samurott: The move False Swipe will be considered a "blade move" for the purposes of Heavenly Techniques :samurott:

:reuniclus: Mega Reuniclus will be having adjusted stats (namely SpA and Speed) :reuniclus:

:sawsbuck-winter: Sawsbuck-Winter will be gaining access to High Horsepower :sawsbuck-winter:
:sawsbuck-winter: Sawsbuck-Winter will be gaining access to Triple Axel :sawsbuck-winter:

:tyrantrum: Mega Tyrantrum will be having the effect of its Ability revised, making its Dragon moves SE against Fairy :tyrantrum:

:vikavolt: Mega Vikavolt will be having adjusted stats (lower Attack to distribute into other stats) :vikavolt:

One more note before I continue to the next slate announcement: We have a new addition to our submission handbook that's relevant to some of the next Pokemon we're going to cover!

Here are some incredibly helpful words from the inimitable Magmajudis on forme changing Mega Evolutions:
Those Megas are brought up (specifically in #future-submissions) quite a bit, and i am going to say from the start that while they can be incredibly cool, it's generally a bad idea.
First of all, form changing is one of the Megas categories where i personally consider the amount of flavor needed is the highest. If you look at canon Pokemon with form changing abilities, almost all their flavor is based around it (except Darmanitan but that one is made to be a funny contrast of having half the flavor be "angry" and the other be "calm").
Secondly, having a form change be mechanically interesting can be a challenge, and a form change for the sake of it will just feel forced. Let's take a look at some examples to see what i mean:

-First of all, inkbug's SOS :wishiwashi-school: Wishiwashi. The ability gives it more stats as time passes on. From the mechanic that triggers the form change alone, this one encourages a stally playstyle with moves like Protect to gain turns. The stats follow the same logic: It may hit hard in School form, but it's also extremely bulky and has the right tools to work defensively (including a powerful STAB Scald, even uninvested). Finally the new moves, specifically Wish, further enforce that playstyle by giving it good tools for the longevity that ability requires to work to it's fullest.
That Mega (which has a really solid flavor especially since Wishiwashi already has multiple forms before Mega-Evolving) takes a new way to change form and by thinking about what it does and what using such an ability requires, create a unique playstyle that merges perfectly into it's stats and move additions as well. (And if you're still not convinced, Wishiwashi's pure Water typing by itself already encourages defense more than offense.)

-Secondly, ausma's Stance Change :falinks: Falinks. Here, the trigger is completely different: Instead of activating as time passes, it activates when using one specific move for one form and attacking moves for the other: Already, this has a totally different implication from Ink's Wishiwashi. While the latter was a one-time change which in return made the Mega stronger as time went on to make it worth it, this one can change between the two freely to take advantage of their unique properties. Ausma took a very interesting approach here, which all comes back to the trigger: One form is entered when using an offensive move, the other when using King's Shield, a priority move with a Protect effect. Here, the one that needs the more power is clearly the one that will actually attack, but there's one big problem with just making "slow defensive form, fast offensive form" here: Stance Change activates when you move and not at the start of the turn. While that mean that the defensive form is very easy to access, it also means that if the defensive form is too slow, the higher speed of the offensive one won't matter as much because there will be a turn in which you will still be slow and take a hit. Ausma did exactly the opposite to counteract this, by makig the defensive form fast, and making the offensive form much slower: While this would also come with the problem of having to take a hit in the frailer, offensive one, ausma gave it incredible offenses, which often makes it unnecessary because you will most likely KO the opponent. Then, once you are in offensive form, you can get back to defensive freely by using King's Shield, and be fast again. Having a defensive form also allows for a great ease of set-up, so the offensive form being slow helps keeping that in check.
Overall, it's a great example of a Mega that takes advantage of actually changing form by thinking deeply about what triggers the change and what that implies.

-Finally for good examples, my own Sundown Switch :cacturne: Cacturne (while it didn't win, it's still a good example and is still widely liked today). Sundown Switch was a totally new ability, based on Cacturne's well-known flavor of finishing of travelers exhausted by the desert's heat during the night. It played out like this: "When using a Grass type move, changes to Day form. When using a Dark type move, changes to Night form.". Here, what needed to be thought about isn't the trigger itself but what kind of moves it entails: For Grass moves, it includes moves such as Spiky Shield, Synthesis or Leech Seed, while Dark moves included Sucker Punch or Pursuit (it didn't already have Sucker Punch but i gave it). Thus, i made the Grass form be defensive and the Dark one be offensive with the defined role of the Grass one chipping down the opponent with Spiky Shield, Leech Seed and the likes while the faster and stronger Dark one could finish them with it's high Attack stat and STAB Sucker Punch and Pursuit. While i could've stopped here, as it already was interesting, i decided to make one last step in order to make the Grass form better while giving it new tools for both forms: Instead of keeping the defensive form Grass/Dark type, i changed it to Grass/Ground (let's face it, Grass/Dark is a really bad typing). While this did fit on Cacturne because of it's relation to deserts, i also used this as a justification to give it two new options: Earthquake and Scorching Sands. The former gave Night form a strong coverage option, while the latter allowed Day form to further be annoying to the opponent and chip it. Oh and it also stayed in Day form when under Sun, mostly for flavor but also because it plays well with Synthesis, and because Grass types are strongly connected to Sun already

This one was an interesting one due to having a new trigger and making both forms fit the kind of moves that included to strongly fit both of Cacturne's types and it's flavor. .

TL;DR on those three: They were interesting due to fitting the flavor of their respective mon, as well as thinking deeply into what activated the changes to create a unique playstyle and take advantage of the form change.

To show how a Mega like this can be done wrong i'm going to make up a few examples:
-Let's imagine Mega whose ability would change it's form depending on it's highest stat, considering the raw stat. That would mean that there's absolutely no way to change it after the battle starts, and thus that it's not functionally not different from having to choose between 6 Megas in the teambuilder. That is a very important distinction to make: If your Mega cannot change form after the battle actually started, it's not a form changing Mega. It's multiple Megas for the same mon. Now, let's say that we take that ability again, but change it to take stats changes into account. That would make it mechanically interesting depending on it's stats, right? Well yes, but here, there are still two problems here: For one, this is a very versatile Mega, which would probably be very awkward and hard to play against if you don't know it's set. That is a mistake that can happen very easily: Your Mega may change form, but it shouldn't have wildly varying counterplay between forms (or at least, not if it can change between them easily). For example, Mega-Wishiwashi may have varying stats between it's different stages, but it keeps the same counterplay. Falinks, while still being very threatening, has some counterplay for it's two forms: Pokemon that are faster than it's defensive form and can OHKO, or Pokemon that can take a hit and KO back. That is a problem that will appear if you give too many forms to a Pokemon that can change between them as it wants. Something like Wishiwashi can get away because the forms always appear in the same order, and because counterplay to it's School form also will always work for the ones before it. Secondly, having too much forms like that will also make your Mega very unfocused and unclear, which will also probably make it very weird to build with, especially for the investments.

Now, for the final point i'd like to bring up, let's imagine you got an extremely interesting ability, that is well thought out and has stats that work with ow the form change works, encourages a unique playstyle that gives a reason to why it would have multiple forms. This final step should be the first one you think about before even starting the stats or the ability: Why would the Pokemon you're giving this form change to have this ability? What part of it's flavor shows that it would get a form change? I know i already talked about that, but flavor is really important for this kind of Mega. Wishiwashi already has all the necessary flavor since it's base form already has one, Fallinks is based on a military group, so it makes sense that it would be able to change formation, Cacturne has the flavor of taking advantage of the day exhausting travelers to finish them off at night, Ice Face Vanniluxe makes sense for reasons i don't even have to explain... If you look at all previous popular M4A subs that included a form change, you'll notice they all are stongly connected to their respective Pokemon's flavor, much more so than any other kind of abilities (even field effects).

This concludes what i wanted to say about form changing Megas.

And, last but obviously not least:
Submissions for Slate 33 are now finally open!
:ss/electrode: :ss/golurk: :ss/silvally:
Submissions for Mega Electrode, Mega Golurk and Mega Silvally will be open until midnight GMT on Thursday, May 6th.
Since midnight GMT is a bit of a weird time to keep in mind, an example: midnight GMT on the 6th is, for me at GMT-7, 17:00/5 PM on May 5th.

In addition to Magmajudis' helpful words about forme changes earlier in the post, I also have some more technical notes from Hematite on Silvally in specific:​
Unlike Pokémon we've done in the past that normally come with multiple forms, :silvally: Silvally conventionally requires a held item to change form, so there is not as much leeway to make multiple Mega Evolutions as there has been in the past.
It is up to each submitter to decide the extent to which their Mega Silvally will reflect its base form's type-changing theme; however, it is worth clarifying the following important distinctions:
- Mega Silvally is not allowed to use Silvally's existing set of 17 Memories as Mega Stones, nor to get around the need for a held Mega Stone the way Rayquaza does.
- Any submission that requires more than one discrete Mega Stone for Silvally may be vetoed at council discretion, regardless of whether there are balance concerns with the idea proposed, the same way it would be if a submitter tried to give multiple Mega Evolutions to any other Pokémon without forms. There may be slightly more leeway because of Silvally's unique circumstances, but if you want more than one, be prepared to justify each of them very well. Also: if you think you need 18, I would invite you to reevaluate your idea entirely.
- However, if your Mega Silvally can change type any other way, the move Multi-Attack can be adjusted to accommodate for its Mega Stone if you would like! Just make sure to say so in your post if this is something you want. C:

It is entirely probable that a majority of submissions will not have multiple forms - we encourage you to be creative about how to represent Silvally's unique characteristics in ways that don't require this!
Aaaaaand lastly:
>>> make sure to vote in the Poll for Slate 34! <<<

Okay, I think that's all from me! Take care everyone, and as always, I look forward to seeing your submissions!
happywott.png

KeroseneZanchu

Banned deucer.
Mega :swsh/electrode: Electrode
Type: Electric
Mega Stone: Thermite

Ability: Implode - If this Pokemon's self-damaging or self-destructing moves faint an opposing Pokemon, this Pokemon does not take damage or self-destruct.

Stats:
HP - 60 (+0)
ATK - 150 (+100)
DEF - 70 (+0)
SPA - 80 (+0)
SPD - 80 (+0)
SPE - 150 (+0)

New Moves: Mind Blown

Description:
Dex Entry: Electrode's destructive capabilities have grown to the extent that it actually implodes upon detonation, creating an equal and opposite force to the explosion it produces and keeps its body intact. However, if the explosion fails to properly obliterate the target and instead meets resistance, the rebounding force will be enough to upset this equilibrium and cause its body to collapse completely.

So, Electrode has always been the Pokemon most directly tied to Self-Destruct and Explosion. Even if it hasn't always been the most prominent user mechanically, via frequency or viability (those two seats go to Graveller and Lickilicky/Alolan Golem/Mega Glalie, respectively), almost all of Electrode's Pokedex descriptions explain its self-destructive tendencies, and it is commonly featured in both the main series games, side games, and anime with the sole gimmick of being a bomb. I wanted to create a mega for it that fully embraced this and ran with it, making Explosion not just a viable option, but one that didn't undercut the very risky and potentially self-destructive nature of the move in doing so.
Get ready to meet Settle on fucking crack. If you thought Mega Bastiodon rewarded sick reads and outplays, you ain't seen nothing yet. I don't think I need to explain to you exactly what this sub offers, it's pretty straightforward, so instead, for all of you out there who doubt or fail to understand, let me offer you this:

Here's the scene - you've got your Corviknight in play, sitting at half HP. The enemy's Mega Electrode is staring you down, waiting to see what you're gonna do. It doesn't matter that you're max physical defense invested, the 150 ATK STAB Wild Charge is more than enough to finish you off, and the Electrode knows it. In a panic, you switch out to your Therian Landorous to nullify the attack - before groaning at your own mistake. The enemy saw this coming from a mile away, and you can only watch in dread as the opposing Mega Electrode uses Explosion - obliterating your Lando-T in a single strike. Implode activates, and it's gotten off completely scot-free, with that stupid, smug smile on its face. Your opponent sends you a link in chat. It's this.

Mega :swsh/silvally: Silvally
Type: Normal

Mega Stone: RKS Megamemory - If held by a Silvally or any of its forms, this item allows it to Mega Evolve into its corresponding Mega Silvally form in battle. This item also functions as a memory with the same type as the holder's Hidden Power type.
(ie. Silvally holds an RKS Megamemory and its Hidden Power type is Fire. Silvally enters the battle as Silvally-Fire and has a Fire-type Multi-Attack. When it Mega Evolves, it becomes Mega-Silvally-Fire.)

Ability: Adaptability

Stats:
HP - 95(+0)
ATK - 100 (+5)
DEF - 120 (+25)
SPA - 140 (+45)
SPD - 120 (+25)
SPE - 95 (+0)

New Moves: Fire Pledge, Water Pledge, Taunt

Description:
Dex Entry: With the help of a new memory created by Type: Null's original creators at Gladion's insistence, Silvally has unlocked the capability of Mega Evolution. Coincidentally, this lets it break the chains of the technology that formed it, casting aside its reliance on artificial augments and instead uses the bond it has with its trainer, brought to the surface by Mega Evolution, to utilize its own innate power and heighten it to its fullest potential.

Both mechanically and flavorfully, I have always liked Silvally as an imitation Arceus (RKS). I've seen many people trying to make use of form-changing abilities to solve the "18 mega stone" issue, but these, I feel, defeat the purpose of Silvally as a whole and undermine its gimmick. Silvally is supposed to only "change form" out of combat, because it's not really supposed to change form so much as it is just changing what type it is based on what it holds. This is what differentiates Silvally from a teambuilding standpoint when compared to something like a Protean/Libero user. This is what I'd imagine a Mega Arceus would look like (though if we wanted to just go full send down the "I'm literally god" route for Arceus I'd totally be down for that as well xP).
Silvally is a really solid and versatile Pokemon - jack of all trades, master of some. I wanted to encapsulate this fluid potential with my mega design for it, and, in my honest opinion, think I've accomplished it. Silvally is made to be a teambuilding choice - its powerful versatile STAB in Multi-Attack and wide movepool for both offensive and defensive options allow it to fill most any role you need it to, and being able to form change on the fly undermines that position by turning the intentional decision-making behind its inclusion into an afterthought.

As it stands, Silvally is already extremely customizable through its even statline and Arceus-like "choose a type" gimmick. While its strongest move is almost always the 120 physical STAB it gets in Multi-Attack, Silvally has a strong special movepool that's even, in a lot of cases, better than its physical movepool outside of Multi-Attack specifically, so Silvally has potential both as a hard-hitting physical menace when going full attack and a great offensive typing, or it can choose a solid defensive typing and go full special for amazing coverage in its movepool. My Mega Silvally capitalizes on this with Adaptability - solidifying both gameplans beautifully by causing physically offensive Silvally to hit that much harder with Multi-Attack, while it also shores up specially offensive Silvally's coverage by covering up Multi-Attack's complete lack of physical investment with the Adaptability power boost and/or boosting the coverage moves of its special movepool with a heightened special attacking stat.

Adaptability also enables defensive Mega Silvally by allowing it to still hit hard and apply pressure in ways that a regular Silvally without offensive investment simply can't - all while maintaining the same surprising levels of tankiness that Silvally can reach with Iron Defense and Confide. This enables its extensive supportive movepool in Parting Shot, weathers, Defog, Toxic, Tailwind, and more. Going a defensive typing and/or build can also supports its potential as a scary setup sweeper with Substitute and Swords Dance - which combined with the power boost of Adaptability and a 120 BP STAB physical attack can give it incredibly good damage without any offensive investment at all.

Silvally - and Mega Silvally - may not always be the Pokemon you want to build your team around, but it has a build for it for every team around. If you're making a solid team and you don't have a mega yet, Silvally has got you more than covered. Do you need a Defogger? Mega Silvally-Ground to resist SR and kill the users or Mega Silvally-Poison to be immune to toxic spikes. Do you need to deal with enemy Defoggers? Mega Silvally-Electric with Stone Edge to deal with Zapdos or Mega Silvally-Rock with Thunder Fang to deal with Corviknight. Do you need a tank? Try something spicy like special Mega Silvally-Steel with Surf and Air Slash, or something classic like Tailwind/Parting Shot.

It should be noted that due to Game Freak's quirks with Hidden Power, Mega Silvally-Fairy is unavailable due to Hidden Power being made before the calculations were made and them deciding (for some reason?) not to update them. Additionally, Mega Silvally-Fighting is technically unavailable as well due to needing four even IVs and all Gen 6+ legendaries having three guaranteed perfect IVs. Incidentally, these two are some of the most widely used Silvally types.

However, and this may be a hot take, this is kind of a blessing in disguise. While some people may not like it, mono-Fairy and mono-Fighting Silvally, with the coverage it has, are very potent Pokemon and Adaptability + the stat boosts may very possibly make them oppressive. Even if they aren't in relation to the rest of the meta, they always have been in relation to other Silvally types, with only Ghost and Steel ever really managing to compare. (Fairy is pretty obvious, and no drawback Close Combat + Shadow Claw coverage go brrrr). This is completely unintentional, and I never would have intentionally left these two types out if they hadn't been already - and if there was an easy way to include them into this concept, I would. However, with the way things stand, I'm perfectly okay with their exclusion (a sentiment that I've seen shared by others) and I think it's healthy for Silvally as a whole, as this promotes great diversity among Mega Silvally's uses by giving a great power boost to the rest of its types to let it compete while still letting base Silvally-Fairy and Silvally-Fighting shine at the same power level they always have.
Sandbox code is *xx100120140120095 (Remember to choose the right Silvally form! It also has to hold the right memory if you want to use Multi-Attack)

Mega :swsh/golurk: Golurk
Type: Ground/Ghost
Mega Stone: Golurkite

Ability: Buildup - If this Pokemon has used an attacking move, but has not been attacked, at the end of turn, it recovers 1/8th of its HP.

Stats:
HP - 89 (+0)
ATK - 150 (+26)
DEF - 122 (+42)
SPA - 55 (+0)
SPD - 122 (+42)
SPE - 45 (-10)

New Moves: None

Description:
Dex Entry: In Mega Evolution, Golurk has achieved a heightened sense of strength and versatility, able to repair its body using materials around it if given even a moment of respite. This gives it the ability to come back and better than ever, ready to drop in on an unsuspecting and unprepared opponent out of the sky, out of the earth, or from the shadows.
Golurk is one of the few Pokemon that has three of the semi-invulnerable moves. It has STAB on two of them, one of the two STABs also being one of the least common of the semi-invulns, and Ground/Ghost/Flying has perfect neutral or better coverage across all Pokemon. I really wanted to use this, especially because Golurk already has good attack (with all of the semi-invulns being physical) and is plenty bulky already to make use of the ability I decided to give it to synergize with these moves. This is why I also focused on building up its attack and defenses even more with its mega stats.

This is a pretty straightforward concept as well - if you're using a semi-invuln every turn, this is essentially free Leftovers on a Pokemon with 89/122/122 bulk and decent attack. This punishes opponents who choose to switch on the second turn of your semi-invuln by giving you a second proc of your ability, which is effectively double leftovers. It also punishes the use of status moves by the opponent (unless it's toxic) by also giving you double leftovers on those turns. This has good synergy with Curse - the ability itself helps recover the health lost by using the move, and pressures switches, which in turn creates another turn for Golurk to regen on whenever they do switch. It also make the curse itself more effective whenever the enemy chooses to stay in, as the enemy can only retaliate once every two turns - meaning twice the curse pings and a leftovers ping for Golurk. Overall this is a bulky, hard-hitting bruiser with great sustain that can be the core of any team who needs damage or walls, and can benefit from team support via hazards/screens effectively or do just fine without them.

Last edited:
Mega Electrode

Type:

-------------------------------------
Ability: Defibrillator
(When this pokemon uses an electric type move, if any members of its party have status conditions they are cured and affected teammates restore 1/6th of their maximum HP.)

Stats:
HP: 60 -> 60 (+0)
Attack: 50 -> 50 (+0)
Defense: 70 -> 110 (+40)
SpAtk: 80 -> 90 (+10)
SpDef: 80 -> 130 (+50)
Speed: 150 -> 150 (+0)
New Moves: Parabolic Charge, Rapid Spin.
Description:
Electrode is a very fast pokemon that is quite frail. I've used electrode as a stall pokemon in the past using Z-Flash and Sub/Toxic. It's speed is great, and its not weak to many moves. Unlike other stall pokemon electrode is frail, and doesn't hit hard enough to truly accomplish anything without the help of this Z-Move. While it can be used, its not ideal.

The Concept:
(1/3) This fixes electrode's biggest problems, its bulk. Electric types being very defensive is almost as good as why water types being defensive is important, lack of weaknesses. It's only weak to ground, which it can attempt to kill on the switch-in with HP Ice, and its speed is always going to be good even without boosting it. Mega electrode's ability makes it a very good cleric. It is fast enough to pivot away, and after doing so It cures its teammates from status. Getting rid of a Burn on Landorus for example. You can switch out, and keep the momentum going by going straight into them.

(2/3) Mega Electrode needs to stay healthy to keep its other teammates healthy, and to keep them healthy it clears hazards quickly then books it. Parabolic charge is a neat way to recover some health in the process. Feeling bold? Run it with rest + sleep talk.

(3/3) I've been wondering about how to improve this ability a bit and I recently thought, why not have it recover a bit of health? It's simple really, if a teammate has a status condition they'll have it cured but they'll only restore HP if they had one. So it brings up some interesting strategies, like putting Toxic Orb or Flame Orb on Magic Guard users and have them psycho shift a status condition to the target. If you want them to recover HP idly this is a more interesting way of doing so, and it can't be abused too easily without sending them back in every turn. The amount of health they recover is low, but fair.

The flavor:
Now my electrode isn't destructive explosions. I know, boo me all you want but a Heal Ball is very unique because most people don't choose that design option for mega electrode. Defibrillators are devices used to shock patience back to life basically, think if your pokemon being put to sleep, and electrode sends out a little zap that boosts them awake. It's still quite the troublemaker, using its newfound power to prank people with little jolts of electricity. Though if its feeling agitated, it'll just explode again.

Mega Silvally

--------------------------------------
Type:

Ability: Tetramorph
(After using a move, the user's type changes to the type of that move. Multi-Attack will change type as well.)
Stats:
HP: 95 -> 95 (+0)
Attack: 95 -> 100 (+5)
Defense: 95 -> 120 (+30)
SpAtk: 95 -> 110 (+15)
SpDef: 95 -> 120 (+30)
Speed: 95 -> 115 (+20)

New Moves: Moonlight, Encore, Taunt, Knock Off, Fire Pledge, Water Pledge, Bulldoze, Synthesis.
Description:
Silvally is a unique pokemon. Being a chimera, and being based off of arceus with 18 different forms makes it one of the weakest legendaries to exist. Why? It's just an odd pokemon. It's movepool is pretty weird, as It's missing a few coverage options but also has 1 move of every type scattered in different ways. It has an equal stat spread, which makes it harder to use not specializing in anything and also doesn't have a lot of setup options.

The Concept:
(1/2) This silvally brings Tetramorph, a delayed protean. Since silvally runs moves of multiple coverage types, it should be able to fully utilize them. A defensive protean is cool because you can think of defensive counterplays rather than going all out offensive. Predicting a switch-in and then changing your type to face off against them, only to force them back out gives you an opportunity for setup. Moves like Taunt, Knock Off, and Parting Shot work well together keeping silvally at 1 type while also preventing prankster from working. Moonlight grants it the fairy typing, which it can wall off attacks with as being pure fairy is pretty good, and lastly Defog is good utility as well, but be careful of electric typed pokemon.

(2/2) Because you're changing type a lot, you might want to keep a certain type. Multi Attack will now change type with you, giving you a second, stronger, physical stab option alongside the move you used to trigger the change. And what's more is even though you sacrifice a slot, with Swords Dance you can have 3 stab options with 1 being neutral, all at 120 BP. Combinations like Flame Charge and Multi Attack are good to snowball the target, maybe combining it with Status moves to gain access to typings such as Electric, Dark, Flying, Psychic, Etc. Moonlight is unique because Silvally doesn't attack to get the fairy type normally, it has to heal first, which can be pretty rewarding. You don't have to predict as much as you think you do but predicting well enough multiple times in a row can make a ton of progress. I wouldn't recommend u-turn unless you run it with X-Scissor or you just want the damage.

The Flavor:
Not any different from anyone else, its a Chimera, and the Type change gimmick is its entire thing. I understand that it gets boring when 5000 other submissions have the same reasoning for their ability but Silvally's also really tough to come up with a concept for, its just too abstract. You don't know what to draw inspiration from, so you just look at it's ability and take the definition of chimera and build it all together. Though I tried to make mine a bit more unique with the Multi-Attack interactions and defensive counter-play.

Attachments

Last edited:
Warning: Long Essay

:ss/golurk:

Golurk-Mega @ Golurkite (Me and Not Lord’s collab sub!)

Ability: Levitate

Stats:

Hp: 89

Atk: 134 (+10)

Def: 100 (+20)

Spa: 70 (+15)

Spd: 100 (+20)

Spe: 90 (+35)
New Moves: (Bold=Notable) Sucker Punch, Rapid Spin, Pain Split

Strategies and Sets: Our mega Golurk is extremely versatile, able to run many sets utilizing it’s expansive movepool, powerful stab attack and good offensive + defensive typing to great effect. I’m mostly talking about it’s 4 immunities, which provide many opportunities to switch in. Golurk has similar qualities to Landorus-Therian, Nidoking and Nidoqueen, both mega-and non-mega. On to sets, I’ll start with a hazard control set, as it can both set stealth and remove hazards. Here, golurk’s ghost typing can prevent other rapid spinners from removing hazards. It can use rapid spin as an offensive tool as well, with the speed boosts becoming an important factor. In that vein, the rock polish sweeper focuses more on the speed increase, maybe even letting Golurk run an adamant nature. The new addition to sucker punch has to be mentioned, able to be ran on almost every set and giving a great tool to regular Golurk. It also runs a good wallbreaker set, with it’s stabs being amazing neutral coverage and it’s great movepool giving it rock and fighting coverage (among others), it manages to hit everything decently hard. It can also fight back against bulky waters (specifically the slow twins and pex) with it’s stabs. Back to the defensive end, it’s tankier sets are also extremely good. It’s huge attack stat means it doesn’t have to invest much to hit hard, meaning it can invest the bulk of it’s evs into, well, bulk. It also gained a form of recovery, and the mega stone helps against knock off users, increasing it’s longevity. As it can hit poisons and steels, toxic is a viable option too. Heck, even body press can work, as it gets iron defense, and fighting synergizes well with ghost. As for checks and counters, Rillaboom and Greninja wreck it in both of their Formes (provided the latter is brought in safely). Tapu Fini, Ferrothorn and Corviknight work decently too. Moreover, other megas from this mod like araquanid, Staraptor, vaporeon, chandelure, Bibarel and Opposing Golurk are great counters as well.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)