SM OU Meloetta Team (HELP!!!)

This team centres around Meloetta as it is a Pokémon I absolutely adore. Please help me develop it. Thanks in advance :D

Meloetta @ Normalium Z
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Celebrate
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Shadow Ball

This is the lead z-celebrate set. I wanted this Pokémon to be one of the offensive members and z-celebrate allows it to get the necessary boosts to be that. Without it, Meloetta is useless. Hyper Voice and Psyshock are good STAB moves and Shadow Ball allows it to deal with threats such as Gengar.

Tyranitar @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch

Mega Tyranitar is going to act as the Rock setter of the team with the possibility of it wall-ing some Pokémon with its bulk. Pursuit is a great stab move dealing with the ghost types that switch in on Meloetta and the psychic mons that try to take down Keldeo. Stone Edge is the best STAB move I could think of. Fire Punch is good coverage for Grass types that try to switch in.

Keldeo @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Taunt

Keldeo provides good coverage for the teams weaknesses as it provides good special attack damage and covers the dark weakness of Meloetta and the Fire + Steel of Tapi Bulu. Taunt is a good move to stop Pokémon setting up like bulky Heatran with Rocks, Zapdos with Tailwind + Roost, Volcarona with Tailwind etc. Scald is a good STAB move and with the Calm Mind SpA boost can deal with even the bulkiest of Pokémon like Heatran. Plus, the chance to burn can help with Offensive Physical Attackers like Mega-Scizor or Garchomp. Calm Mind is just to add some bulk and more offence to Keldeo. Finally, Secret Sword is an amazing STAB move, acting like a fighting type Psyshock. It can easily deal with Special Walls such as Blissey or Chansey.

Tapu Bulu @ Leftovers
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Synthesis

I chose Tapu Bulu to add physical aggression to the team as it can provide Keldeo, Heatran and Tyranitar with some help if someone tries to counter them. Horn Leech is a great STAB move as it heals Bulu and can deal with the Water Types that try to take out Heatran and Tyranitar. Swords Dance for some Attack boost. Superpower can provide some coverage for threats such as a defensive Tyranitar, Magearna, Excadrill etc. Synthesis gives the opportunity for Bulu to heal whilst gaining a constant source of healing from grassy terrain (<does Bulu heal from G-Terrain?).

Heatran @ Aguav Berry
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Toxic

This set is a mix of offence and defence. Toxic is a good move for breaking down and damaging those specially defensive walls such as Chansey, Blissey etc. Plus it can help deal with Landorus-Therian as it is very threatening to this team, especially Heatran. Taunt is good for stopping Pokémon like Heatran, Landorus-Therian and Charizard X from setting up. Earth Power is good coverage, dealing with threats such as Excadrill and Mega-Manetric. Magma Storm is the Bread and Butter of this set as it is very powerful. It can absolutely tear down annoying OU Pokémon such as Contrary Serperior and can deal additional chip damage to them. This, combined with Toxic makes it extremely threatening.

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stomping Tantrum
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

Garchomp is the final Pokémon of the team adding physical offence to the team. This set is more of a sweeper set as it has high attack and speed. Swords Dance can set Garchomp up for a sweep raising it's Attack by 2 stages. Stomping Tantrum (might change to Earthquake) can really tear down threats like Magearna, Mawile and can even tackle more bulky Pokémon like Registered, Regirock, Heatran etc. Dragon Claw is a great STAB move. Finally, Fire Fang allows it to deal with Ice Types such as Frosslass.

Again, thank you so much for reading and your feedback. I'm new to competitive Pokémon and would love some advice on how to build teams and how to improve this one. :D

Howdy! I'm here to help you with your team. TL;DR will be listed in bold text.

First off, let's look at your team.

View attachment 168002View attachment 168005
View attachment 168011

Your team is alright. I can see that you wanted a more defensive team. But there are a few things I'd change.

Stomping Tantrum --> Earthquake
You definitely should change Stomping Tantrum to Earthquake. Earthquake has more power, unless a previous move misses. (But this Garchomp doesn't have any low-accuracy moves.)

Fire Punch --> Ice Punch
You have no Ice-type moves on your team whatsoever. Besides, you already have Heatran and Fire Fang on Garchomp. Ice Punch will help you deal with the likes of Toxic + Poison Heal Gliscor, which this team seems to struggle against.

And my most major change would be optional.
-->
Meloetta --> Mew
No offense, but Meloetta isn't really that good of a Pokemon. According to the SM Smogon Strategy Pokedex for UU (Meloetta is RUBL)
"Meloetta simply has no place in the UU metagame. Despite its great Special Attack and natural bulk, its mediocre typing leaves with only two resistances and a common weakness in Dark, it lacks recovery, and it has an average Speed tier that puts it behind most Choice Scarf users even with a boost."

I'm not so sure about changing this one, as it is your star Pokemon. But it looks like you need a more viable Psychic-type.

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Aura Sphere
-Psychic
-Dark Pulse

I'm just going to say one thing: NEVER use your Z-move unless all dark-types are eliminated. It would be a waste if they switched it in, as dark-type Pokemon are immune to psychic-type moves.

Of course, it's your team, so these changes are completely optional. Happy battling!

View attachment 168015Stomping Tantrum --> Earthquake
You definitely should change Stomping Tantrum to Earthquake. Earthquake has more power, unless a previous move misses. (But this Garchomp doesn't have any low-accuracy moves.)
The reason to use Stomping Tantrum over Earthquake is that Stomping Tantrum isn't weakened by Grassy Terrain, something that will potentially be an issue seeing as how there's a Bulu on the team.

View attachment 168018--> View attachment 168020Meloetta --> Mew
No offense, but Meloetta isn't really that good of a Pokemon. According to the SM Smogon Strategy Pokedex for UU (Meloetta is RUBL)
"Meloetta simply has no place in the UU metagame. Despite its great Special Attack and natural bulk, its mediocre typing leaves with only two resistances and a common weakness in Dark, it lacks recovery, and it has an average Speed tier that puts it behind most Choice Scarf users even with a boost."
A Pokemon's viability in one tier says little about its viability in another tier.

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Timid Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Aura Sphere
-Psychic
-Dark Pulse
Dark Pulse isn't very useful on this set, because Tyranitar already exists to trap Psychic types. I would replace it with either Rock Polish to better deal with offensive teams, or Fire Blast to roast Scizor.

Howdy! I'm here to help you with your team. TL;DR will be listed in bold text.

First off, let's look at your team.

View attachment 168002View attachment 168005View attachment 168008View attachment 168010View attachment 168011View attachment 168013

Your team is alright. I can see that you wanted a more defensive team. But there are a few things I'd change.

View attachment 168015Stomping Tantrum --> Earthquake

View attachment 168016Fire Punch --> Ice Punch
You have no Ice-type moves on your team whatsoever. Besides, you already have Heatran and Fire Fang on Garchomp. Ice Punch will help you deal with the likes of Toxic + Poison Heal Gliscor, which this team seems to struggle against.

And my most major change would be optional.
View attachment 168018--> View attachment 168020Meloetta --> Mew

I'm not so sure about changing this one, as it is your star Pokemon. But it looks like you need a more viable Psychic-type.

Mew @ Mewnium Z
Timid Nature
-Nasty Plot
-Aura Sphere
-Psychic
-Dark Pulse

I'm just going to say one thing: NEVER use your Z-move unless all dark-types are eliminated. It would be a waste if they switched it in, as dark-type Pokemon are immune to psychic-type moves.

Of course, it's your team, so these changes are completely optional. Happy battling!
View attachment 168028View attachment 168029View attachment 168031View attachment 168032View attachment 168033View attachment 168035
Thank you so much. I'll definitely try it out :D

The reason to use Stomping Tantrum over Earthquake is that Stomping Tantrum isn't weakened by Grassy Terrain, something that will potentially be an issue seeing as how there's a Bulu on the team.
Adding on to this, it also hits some Fairies harder if they switch into a Dragon Claw, which eases prediction a bit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)