MenceDance

Hey guys, after playing a lot of UU and NU I decided to make a decent OU team.
I have been playing some battles and I made some changes to my team, and I think it´s pretty decent right now.

Rotom-w @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hydro Pump

Well, this is my lead. I´ll trick any pokemon that can setup hazards, thunderbolt/hydro pump any pokemon that I can OHKO, or just volt swtich. I love how I can cripple walls with this, or prevent something to setup. I have volt switch and Tbolt because sometimes I need the power of the tbolt, and sometimes I need the switch advantage.

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 252 HP / 180 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Toxic

The classic Gliscor. It´s my defensive wall, It can take almost any physical attack pretty easily. Also it´s useful against walls, just toxic them and taunt.
There´s not much to say about this guy, I just hate it terrible weakness to ice.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Trait: Flash fire
EVs: 252 HP / 128 SpD / 124 Spe
Calm Nature
- Protect
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

This is my special wall. A free switch into any fire move. It steel type helps with dragon moves. Also is who set up my rocks. Lava plume is for the burns, while toxic is used to stall with protect. If I predict an earthquake I just go for gliscor.

Salamence @ Expert Belt
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Att / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire blast
- Earthquake

My sweeper. It´s a pure offensive dancemence. Fire blast is there to take care of forretres, ferrothorn and scizor taking them with 1 hit. Then dragon claw as my main stab move, and earthquake for more coverage. I have been thinking in changing it to a dragonite, but I think ill stick with this one.

Starmie @ Life orb
Trait: Natural cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Rapid spin
- Surf
- Ice beam
- HP grass

My offensive rapid spinner. Ice beam for flying/dragons, surf as my main stab. I have HP grass because I was very weak to water/ground pokemon´s like Quag or Pert, so I needed an attack to hit them. Also works on water pokemon´s as well.

Magnezone @ Leftovers
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 52 HP / 252 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Thunderbolt
- Charge beam
- HP fire

My SubCharge Magnezone. I just hide behind a sub and I charge beam, there´s not much to say about this guy.

So, what do you think about my team? I´ll appreciate any comments.

For your Gliscor set I don't think that set is particular when it comes to running taunt and protect. you already run trick and rapid spin for Rotom and Starmie so its unnecessary coverage. Recommend an offensive move like Facade or Ice Fang in case you run into the ever so frequent Air Balloon or a Sword Dance at the least to set up for a sweep

^^ yes, Swords Dance and Ice fang are better than toxic and taunt, it allows gliscor to not only check physical attackers, but to set up on them and use excellent attacking moves to deal with tons of pokemon, especially since you are already investing in speed. This helps you beat other gliscor and many others, plus heatran already has toxic for you.

any blissey + bulky water really dominates you, as they can completely wall opposite sides of the team and if they can lure out rotom-w's trick, then you are in some serious trouble

so, in order to keep up the offense and deal that offensive damage, why not try this:

Virizion @ Life Orb
Jolly / Naive
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Stone Edge / Hidden Power Ice

this over gliscor really helps step up the offensive edge (and you have magnezone as a solid scizor and skarm answer) - this really just gives you some solid answers to those bulky waters and blissey, while keeping the offensive presence of mence up.

you also seem to be missing evs, you can give every pokemon on your team 4 extra evs into a stat (510 max, not 506) - normally just put these into HP for most of them. just a small little fix ;)

hope this helps

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)