Data Mentoring Program Signups [ZhengTann now in Charge!]

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Due to how many qualifiers we have in the future and considering that it is in the interest of the community that we have open qualified gyms, I am opening the Gym Mentorship also for Gym candidates (not only for gym challengers), on the grounds that it is the same proccess really, except with different conclusions.

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Trying out Gym Mentoring for Fairy Gym as a candidate n.n

Starting:

-

Reffing:
-

Gym:
acidphoenix(Poison Quals)
jayelt413 (Fairy Quals)

Battling 202:
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (Teambuilding)

"Trying out Gym Mentoring for Fairy Gym as a candidate n.n"
Eh, buying the whole package e.e

Starting:

-

Reffing:
-

Gym:
acidphoenix(Poison Quals)
jayelt413 (Fairy Quals)
Lucy (Fairy Quals)

Battling 202:
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (Teambuilding)

Frosty

=_=
Taking all three gym tutorings. PM me stating how you intend to tackle the qualifiers. Nothing too big, just something to get us started.

acidphoenix
jayelt413
Iggy Azalea

Do notice, though, that this tutoring aims for qualifiers but also for your general role as a gym leader. Which means I will treat you as one. So I won't outright give you the answer in any case and I will give pointers and ask questions regarding stuff not on the qualifiers.

On other news Toon passed Reffing 101 and is now a Registered Ref. Kudos to him.

Starting:
-

Reffing:
-

Gym:
-

Battling 202:
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (Teambuilding)

Program: Starting ASB
Timezone:
UTC-06:00
ASB Experience (if any): Uhhh, played for a little, left, came back now. I know how to play, I would like to get better.
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: It's fun.
Why do you want to be tutored: I would like to get better.
Any extra comments about yourself: No.

Starting:
Fluffiator

Reffing:
-

Gym:
-

Battling 202:
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (Teambuilding)

Program: Reffing 202
Timezone: GMT +10
Reffing Experience (if any): I've pretty much reffed anything and everything in ASB. Including raids, facilities, tournaments, gyms and even the occasional flash match
Why do you want to be tutored: I'm not so much interested in self reffing, I'd like to have a go at tutoring myself but mostly I like the challenge of this program
Any extra comments about yourself: I recently stepped down to a job with less hours, so might as well use this to take up my now additional free time

Starting:
Fluffiator

Reffing:
deadfox081 (202)

Gym:
-

Battling 202:
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (Teambuilding)

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Reffing 202s are my favourite. Welcome aboard, expect evil to be PMd shortly :D

Starting:
Fluffiator

Reffing:
-

Gym:
-

Battling 202:
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (Teambuilding)

Program: Reffing 202
Timezone:
PST, meaning 1:20 PM when this is posted. You can see time of posting in your own time so feel free to convert.
Reffing Experience (if any): flashes, gyms, flashes, tours, pikes, tower matches, more flashes
Why do you want to be tutored: I failed last time cos of DQ, I won't do that again. Self-reffing is the reason for 202, what else?
Any extra comments about yourself: Morning Star was an awesome ending to the Red Rising trilogy.

Starting:
Fluffiator

Reffing:
Fort (202)

Gym:
-

Battling 202:
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (Teambuilding)

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun
Timezone: UTC-08:00
ASB Experience (if any): I played a match and won, I know what I am doing for the most part but I am making quite a few mistakes along the way. \
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: I clicked the link of someone's profile, saw this, read up on it, lurked through a couple of battles and now I am here. It seems really fun and I would like to get into it.
Why do you want to be tutored: I would like to patch up and understand a bit more about the mistakes I am making.
Any extra comments about yourself: I learn quite fast, I learn best by actually doing it.

Birkal & Frosty

Am I allowed to take starting ASB sign ups or only the ones under the reffing program?

I faintly remember it being mentioned somewhere, but can't find it -_-'

Starting:
Fluffiator
SlaySlenderDragonXD

Reffing:
Fort (202)

Gym:
-

Battling 202:
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (Teambuilding)

Frosty

=_=
Rainman Legends
Dogfish44
ZhengTann
Birkal
Gale Wing Srock
S0L1D G0LD
Its_A_Random
Elevator Music
zarator
jayelt413
Iggy Azalea
Someoneelse

I will say this once and then start delivering warnings. If you are up on ANY kind of reffing (ready: beyond official DQ interval) and are self-reffing before dealing with said reffing I will be pretty mad. If you got time to self-ref, you get time to ref the things you are supposed to. Self-reffing was restricted because of the fear that it would be the focus of our manpower, instead of the battles that actually matter. Please don't make that fear founded, k?

I won't make self-reffing impossible in these situations (even though that was suggested to me) because I can't really enforce that. But if you do it constantly then you are probably not suited to have such privilegies...

Not all the above fall under that. Heck, the big majority are clean as a whistle. But some aren't and this works for everybody, so I figured it would be best to make it public.

Do it once or couple times and I will tag you. Get tagged too much and risk a suspension. Get tagged way too much and risk a removal of status, k?

Cooperate with me please.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Timezone: UTC -8:00
ASB Experience (if any): I played 1 game of ASB that never got concluded way back in Gen 5
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: A long time ago (Gen 5), I checked someone's ASB Profile and wanted to get into it but never really did. Years later, I remembered that this existed and wanted to actually get into it unlike last time.
Why do you want to be tutored: While I think I have a general idea of how things work, I think I might need help wrapping my head around everything. I also want to learn the techniques and strategies used in actual battles.
Any extra comments about yourself: I have a night-like schedule for classes, meaning that I won't be available from 5:15 to like 7ish (Tues), 8ish (Mon / Wes), and 11ish (Thurs). I also have class Monday / Wednesday from 12:00 AM to 1:20 PM. Friday is varied since I don't have class but I do have clubs. That said, I can usually get on before and after class (bar Thursday).

Just putting the updated queue up.

Starting:

Fluffiator
SlaySlenderDragonXD
The Reptile

Reffing:
Fort (202)

Gym:
-

Battling 202:
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (Teambuilding)

Program: Reffing
Course: 101
Timezone: GMT -7 Mountain (US)
Reffing Experience (if any): I started out in ASB a long time ago back in gen 5, so I've been reffing a decent amount of tower matches throughout my career here. I also lurk a lot in competitive matches to see how reffing is done professionally.
Why do you want to be tutored: There are some noticeable splotches on my reffing record that are due to an unplanned hiatus from Smogon I took for a while. Now that things are settling down for me I want to be more active and contribute to this community!
Any extra comments about yourself: One of my reffing "claims to fame" (it's pretty cringy, though, looking back) was an exhibition match back in 2011 where Its_A_Random completely mutilated my friend's Combee in one action. Also I try to get on Smogon every day despite my work schedule being wonky.

Last edited:
Didn't feel like putting this in a PM so I'll just fill out a form

Program:
Starting ASB (Mentoring)
Timezone: I forget but it's the equivalent of US Central
ASB Experience (if any): I'm approaching one year here, so I have some. I'm also the resident Dark-type leader, so there's that as well.
Why do you want to be a tutor: First of all, it pains me to see that queue. Also, I'm aware that there's a bit of a learning curve to this game, and I'd like to think that I'm decent enough to help new people thru that. Plus, letting people sit in this queue forever doesn't help to make our playerbase any larger.
Any extra comments about yourself: I think I know my way around the basics of this game? Basically don't combo ordering first, do your calcs, watch out for Encore.

tl;dr can I be a mentor?

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Alright, let's try taking a 202 that won't end in DQ (hopefully), so come here Fort Colorcastle

In addition, taking Fluffiator for Starting ASB. Send me a PM and we can get started.

Starting:
SlaySlenderDragonXD
The Reptile

Reffing:
-

Gym:
-

Battling 202:
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (Teambuilding)

Program: Reffing
Course: 101
Timezone: Central US (UTC-6)
Reffing Experience (if any): I've done a dozen or so flashes but that's it
Why do you want to be tutored: I want to become more efficient/catch errors/make less errors/etc. Access to being able to ref better matches lets me acquire UC more quickly, and that would help me progress at a pace I am comfortable with

Starting:
-

Reffing:
Exclaimer (101)

Gym:
-

Battling 202:
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (Teambuilding)

I forgot to put myself in the queue.

Starting:
-

Reffing:
Exclaimer (101)
Iron Caliber (101)

Gym:
-

Battling 202:
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (Teambuilding)

You're still up front even if you forgot to put yourself in

Starting:
-

Reffing:
Iron Caliber (101)
Exclaimer (101)

Gym:
-

Battling 202:
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (Teambuilding)

Frosty

=_=
taking YellowAdminSilver and Iggy Azalea

PM me with what you want. I expect you to read the description on the OP. What I mean with "what you want" is there.

Starting:
-

Reffing:
Iron Caliber (101)
Exclaimer (101)

Gym:
-

Battling 202:
-

- - - -

Also update on current white-list status

Rainman Legends: suspended as of March 2st
Dogfish44 : good until August 22th
ZhengTann : Good until August 3rd
Birkal : Good until July 6th
Gale Wing Srock : Good until June 18th
S0L1D G0LD : Removed from list. Contact me if you want back and I will put up an adequate test.
Its_A_Random : Good until July 8th
Elevator Music : Good until July 30th
zarator : Good until May 1st
jayelt413: Good until September 3rd
Iggy Azalea: Good until August 11th
Someoneelse: Good until August 12th

- - - -

Finally, YellowAdminSilver , hiring Starting ASB mentors is Birkal 's call. Bug him.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)