Data Mentoring Program Signups [ZhengTann now in Charge!]

Program: Reffification
Course:
Timezone: GMT -5
Reffing Experience (if any): Flashes, minimal tourney stuffs, RP's (mainly hall, formerly arcade)
Why do you want to be tutored: I'm not always the greatest when it comes attention to detail, I want to focus on that more (+Self reffing ofc)
Any extra comments about yourself:

QUEUE
Starting:

NADA

Reffing:
SubwayJ (202)

Gym:
No one

ZhengTann

Nargacuga
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay Subs, you know ILY so come with me. I'll give you extra points if you challenge me with Gogoat.

Queue:

Starting:
N/A

Reffing:
SubwayJ (202)

Gym:
N/A

Frosty

=_=
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
adiass got approved on Reffing 101. He is now a registered ref and is able to ref RPs, Gyms, big matches and tourneys.

BTW, I will start enforcing that rule real soon, so if you joined ASB after april 21st and you aren't white-listed or didn't pass reffing 101 yet, I suggest you shoot me a PM saying why you should be upgraded to registered ref. Or else I will start raining on your parade.

Frosty

=_=
Program: Reffing
Course:
Timezone: GMT -3
Reffing Experience (if any):
I reffed everything other than Arcade, Raid (yet) and Hall.
Why do you want to be tutored: Uh...tbh I got tired of saying "I can't selfref even though I run the program". Also I could use a real test on timeliness to see if I can treat seriously for a change.
Any extra comments about yourself: I am sexy. Also, I will nag like df44 or birk or some other white-listed dude to evaluate this together with whoever tutors me. So it isn't weird,

Starting:

N/A

Reffing:
Frosty (202)

Gym:
N/A

Frosty

=_=
We are as follows then

Avnomke: Suspended
TSRD : Suspended
Rainman Legends: good until March 1st
Dogfish44 : good until July 13th
tavok : Suspended
ZhengTann : Good until July 26th
Birkal : Good until July 6th
akela : Suspended
Gale Wing Srock : Good until June 18th
S0L1D G0LD : Good until July 22th
Its_A_Random : Good until July 8th
Elevator Music : Good until July 30th
zarator : Good until May 1st
jayelt413: Good until July 19th

Toon

NOT A BUNNY!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Course: 101
Timezone: (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)
Reffing Experience (if any): some
Why do you want to be tutored: because

Any extra comments about yourself: umm..... i somewhat know how to cook

Last edited:

Frosty

=_=
Battling 202 (Teambuilding) is "open"

I say "open" because there is only one mentor and I will only hire pretty good players who volunteer, so we may be stuck with one mentor for some time until we get somewhere remotely stable. Which means that having patience is pretty much mandatory.

Starting:
N/A

Reffing:
N/A

Gym:
N/A

Battling 202:
N/A

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Well since it is open, I might as well take Battling 202 (Teambuilding)

Program: Battling 202
Course:
Teambuilding
General accomplishments (if any) as a battler in ASB: First Tourney Win in LCT R1 (1-1 atm)
Strong points in your battling: Sub abuse, Outputting raw damage
Difficulties you are facing: Matchup understandings, Lack of ingenuity
Timezone: CST (UTC -6)
Why do you want to be tutored: Tutoring for things I'm not the best at always seems like a good idea
Any extra comments about yourself: Relatively new (maybe 4.5 months in), loves Gardevoir

Starting:
N/A

Reffing:
N/A

Gym:
N/A

Battling 202:
jayelt413 (Teambuilding)

Copycat >>me<<

Course:
Teambuilding
General accomplishments (if any) as a battler in ASB: Was able to win a few close battles with talented players.
Strong points in your battling: Hard work
Difficulties you are facing: Team preparation, Matchup Control.
Timezone: IST (GMT +5:30)
Why do you want to be tutored: To be able to build decently good teams for Gym challenges, Raids, TLRs, and Tourneys.
Any extra comments about yourself: Fun loving, lazy with a crazy schedule.

Starting:
N/A

Reffing:
N/A

Gym:
N/A

Battling 202:
jayelt413 (Teambuilding)
Gale (Teambuilding)

Last edited:
Course:
Teambuilding ._.
General accomplishments (if any) as a battler in ASB: None really? I didn't lose in R1 of AOT but that's about it
Strong points in your battling: Making annoying comments to distract the opponent. Also I like to think that I'm thorough with my subs and reasonably inventive, mainly because I obsess over every move in every mon's movepool.
Difficulties you are facing: I've never quite gotten the hang of putting a team together, especially for tournaments. For AOT I always end up using the same mons, and for LCT I had a bit of a mental breakdown trying to decide who to use. Also for some reason all the cores I tried were super weak to Syclar and in the end no one even used Syclar >_<
Timezone: Don't remember right now but for US people it's Central time.
Why do you want to be tutored: To not suck? Also to do better in tourneys.
Any extra comments about yourself: I thought it'd be a good idea to eat breakfast before signing up because the queue would still be empty by the time I came back. I was wrong.

Starting:
N/A

Reffing:
N/A

Gym:
N/A

Battling 202:
jayelt413 (Teambuilding)
Gale (Teambuilding)
YAS (Teambuilding)

Hopefully this gets taken eventually... perhaps after B101 match finishes.

Course:
Teambuilding
General accomplishments (if any) as a battler in ASB: I won a match in AOT... by DQ. Yeah... not too much is finished. Fairy Quals maybe? I mean, not getting 0-3'd by Frosty feels like an achievement enough for me.. no matter how drunken R1 was.
Strong points in your battling: Persistence, I ain't givin up as easily as I sound like. Idk, I have my goods and bads in everything really.
Difficulties you are facing: Flexibility, particularly covering multiple problems using the least amount of orders, subs, effort, etc. as possible bc I seem to overfocus on one aspect a lot. Oh and putting together a tea. Unlike in in-game competitive, somehow I end up slapping random good mons together.
Timezone: GMT +8. Damn Australia, I seem to always come late on the good things :<
Why do you want to be tutored: I want to improve and see what I can actually do. I'm also in B101 with Frosty rn (#Frosty4President), but I want more than just that.
Any extra comments about yourself: #Lucy4President, I can sprite you stuff, and self-proclaimed ASB's Next Top Model. I could give you my secret gallery of hotties, but most of you are dudes so e.e

Starting:
N/A

Reffing:
N/A

Gym:
N/A

Battling 202:
jayelt413 (Teambuilding)
Gale (Teambuilding)
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (^Teambuilding really)

Program: Starting ASB
Timezone: CST (USA)
ASB Experience (if any): None, though just registered
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: Always sparked me as interesting but I was always intimidated by it. I also wish to consume everything that is Pokemon
Why do you want to be tutored: I have no idea what I'm doing.
Any extra comments about yourself: Gardevoir is my favorite Pokemon and you can never convince me otherwise. Also, have played CAP for almost a year now and you guys have CAP mons which is cool

Frosty

=_=
since I already have Lucy on a 101, I will wait until that ends to start teambuilding.

And so she isn't lonely, yas will keep her company in the queue until that happens.

so taking
jayelt413
Gale Wing Srock

PM me with what you want. I expect you to read the description on the OP. What I mean with "what you want" is there.

DQ will be somewhat enforced so I expect you to not keep me hanging for weeks on without feedback, k?

Starting:
Exclaimer

Reffing:
N/A

Gym:
N/A

Battling 202:
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (Teambuilding)

Program: Starting ASB
Timezone:
UCT-4:00
ASB Experience: In 3 battles RN.
Why do you want to join Smogon's ASB: I've always wanted to wreck someone with mons, RP style.
Why do you want to be tutored: Sometimes... My brain messes up... I used Focus Energy and forgot the opponent had snatch. Also, I just wanna battle!
Any extra comments about yourself: Zekrom. ;]

JJayyFeather

Drifting~
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Taking PokeZeep (and adding a queue). PM me and we can get started.

Starting:
N/A

Reffing:
N/A

Gym:
N/A

Battling 202:
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (Teambuilding)

Geodude6

Look at my shiny CT!
Trying 202 again. It feels like it's been a month.
Course: 202
Timezone: GMT -7 (no DST)
Reffing Experience (if any): A lot.
Why do you want to be tutored: So I can have the ability to self-referee.
Any extra comments about yourself: Apparently I have to fill this section out so I did
Everything here is still valid

Starting:
N/A

Reffing:
Geodude6 (202)

Gym:
N/A

Battling 202:
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (Teambuilding)

Course: 202
Timezone: GMT
Reffing Experience (if any): Flashes etc
Why do you want to be tutored: To be able to ref battles that aren't flashes e_e
Any extra comments about yourself: xoxo - Gossip Girl

Starting:
N/A

Reffing:
Hawkie(202)

Gym:
N/A

Battling 202:
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (Teambuilding)

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Eheheh. Fresh meat!

Taking Hawkie's 202! Expect mons soon.

Starting:
-

Reffing:
-

Gym:
-

Battling 202:
YAS (Teambuilding)
Lucy (Teambuilding)

Frosty

=_=
Added Iggy Azalea and Someoneelse to the list of white-listed refs.

We are as follows:

Avnomke : Removed from list. Contact me if you want back and I will put up an adequate test.
TSRD : Removed from list. Contact me if you want back and I will put up an adequate test.
Rainman Legends: good until March 1st
Dogfish44 : good until August 12th
tavok : Removed from list. Contact me if you want back and I will put up an adequate test.
ZhengTann : Good until August 3rd
Birkal : Good until July 6th
akela : Removed from list. Contact me if you want back and I will put up an adequate test.
Gale Wing Srock : Good until June 18th
S0L1D G0LD : Suspended since January 22nd
Its_A_Random : Good until July 8th
Elevator Music : Good until July 30th
zarator : Good until May 1st
jayelt413: Good until August 9th
Iggy Azalea: Good until August 11th
Someoneelse: Good until August 12th

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)