Metagamiate!

Whoops, completely forgot about Sand Force. Yeah Incarnate takes the cake then.

Skarm is still a pretty good physical wall but given that everything gets STAB 132 BP Return (and in some cases, Noivern's insane Aerilate Boomburst) it does seem really underwhelming.

I guess there's always Skarm.
Yeah there is Skarm. I bet lots of electrics and fires will get tons of usage though, because now they have a strong reliable stab in Return/tri-attack (special normal moves?) Most physical fires and electrics die to recoil or don't hit strong enough (fire/thunder punch, wild charge) and now they have a drawback free 200 BP move (right? return is 100 stab =150 plus the 30% makes 200?)
Ooh hello scarf electivire!

Yeah there is Skarm. I bet lots of electrics and fires will get tons of usage though, because now they have a strong reliable stab in Return/tri-attack (special normal moves?) Most physical fires and electrics die to recoil or don't hit strong enough (fire/thunder punch, wild charge) and now they have a drawback free 200 BP move (right? return is 100 stab =150 plus the 30% makes 200?)
Ooh hello scarf electivire!
No, Return is now 198 Power, just a quick nitpick.

The physical attacker paradise I see.

Real shame deo-a is in ubers, deo-a e-speed here would've been godly.

some fun stuff:

-Cinccino's tail slap becomes outright brutal.
-hustle togekiss can get some more use, cause fairy e-speed
-Gallade gains a better psychic stab but no way in hell would it survive in this meta.
-Porygon Z... Oooh boy, adabtability + 30% bonus... Bring a ghost.
-Mismagius and sub bypassing 90 power ghost stab in hypervoice.

No, Return is now 198 Power, just a quick nitpick.
How do you figure?

Also just some other normal moves of note:
Technoblast with 120BP. Genesect with (insectillate?) can make great use of it out damaging Bug buzz.

Skull bash with 130BP. Blastoise? Idk who all learns it but is reallllllly strong and can make good use of with power herb shenanigans.

Head charge/Double-Edge with 120BP. I'm sure there are lots of mons who can make good use of them, perhaps even some with reckless. Ouch X(

What about Hydrate instead of Aqueate for Water types?

On the topic of double -ate abilities, I think that the existing -ate ability should overwrite the new one given to the Pokemon. So in your Refrigerate Aurorus example, Aurorus's normal type moves would become Ice type, and be boosted by 30%.

canno

formerly The Reptile
Scizor could be cool, as it gets Technician Insectate Quick Attack, Feint, and Double Hit, which are boosted by Technicial even after the Insectate boost. Double Hit is notable because after Technician and Insectate, it slightly outdamages Return, but can break subs. It does have 90% accuracy, so Return might be better, but it is still something to note.

On the Technician boat is Hitmontop, with a 78 BP Fake Out (117 after STAB) after Fightate and Technician, and a very powerful STAB 39 BP Rapid Spin. It also gets Facade if you hate burns (91 BP before status, 182 after it. This is before STAB)

Also, luckily, Talonflame's primary type is Fire. Imagine Aerialate Gale Wing Returns/Double-Edges. Oh mai. It does get Fire Priority now in the form of Quick Attack though, so that's a plus.

Zygarde can run a cool Coil set with Slaviate ESpeeds. The other ESpeed mons are cool too, like Lucario and Arcanine. Hell, even Togekiss could be cool with Fairy ESpeed and Hustle. Still weak though.

Speaking of Technician, does a 60 BP move still get the tech boost if it's boosted by an -ate ability? Or does the boost from the -ate move invalidates the technician boost?

EDIT: Also Weather Ball. I'm assuming it doesn't get the -ate boost in Weather and changes type, but idk.

Last edited:
How do you figure?

Also just some other normal moves of note:
Technoblast with 120BP. Genesect with (insectillate?) can make great use of it out damaging Bug buzz.

Skull bash with 130BP. Blastoise? Idk who all learns it but is reallllllly strong and can make good use of with power herb shenanigans.

Head charge/Double-Edge with 120BP. I'm sure there are lots of mons who can make good use of them, perhaps even some with reckless. Ouch X(
102 BP + 50% STAB + 30% -ate.

102 BP + 50% STAB + 30% -ate.
Oh lol return is 102! Dat two. Wait then, 1.5*102 (+51) is 153, then 153*1.3 (+51) is 204. So any moms return here is 204? Right? It's all around 200 so not a huge deal but might be nice to know for later calcs.
What about Hydrate instead of Aqueate for Water types?
I kinda like that better. Or Hydrilate. Suggesting Energate for psychic type, having to do with energy gathered for the attack.
Sorry Chesnaught math error I did it by 1.333 instead of 1.3 derp 8P so never mind 198.9 is the total and depending on if damage rounds up or down always then it's either 198 or 199. So close to 200.....

Last edited:

E4 Flint

-inactive in BH due corrupt leader-
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Greninja could be cool. Stab and 1.33 on every move it uses. Also as a last resort you could always use hyper beam and giga impact :P.

Name for Fighting-type -ate ability: Martialate. As for Psychic, Mentalate? Maybe? I dunno.

Also, Ordinate (suggested by someone up there) is the best name for the Normal-type version.

Here's my names if anyone's interested:
Ordinate - Normal [based off of the word ordinary] {Since it is Normal, it will just grant a +30% to Normal-type moves!}
Combustate - Fire [based off of the word combust]
Hostilate - Fighting [based off of the word hostile]
Aquate - Water [based off of the word aqua]
Aerialate - Flying [based off of the word aerial]
Germinate - Grass [based off of the word germinate]
Intoxicate - Poison [based off of the word intoxication]
Voltate - Electric [based off of the word volt]
Terrainate - Ground [based off of the word terrain]
Clairinate - Psychic [based off of the word clairvoyant]
Convisate - Ground [based off of the word convulse]
Refrigerate - Ice [based off of the word refrigerate]
Pestate - Bug [based off of the word pest]
Tarragate - Dragon [based off of the word tarragon]
Apparate - Ghost [based off of the word apparition]
Sinistate - Dark [based off of the word sinister]
Fortinate - Steel [based off of the word fortify]
Pixiliate - Fairy [based off of the word pixie]

Intoxicate sounds better for poison.

Not sure about these:
Malleate for Steel?
Pollinate for Grass (already has a good name but just throwing this out for kicks)

EDIT: Shedinja'd
EDIT2: Disorientate for Psychic?

How about, for things with Dual types, you give their Normal-types moves Dual-typing too, like Flying Press?

For instance, Weavile using Return will get a Dark-Ice type move that is 4x effective against Exeguttor, but only normally effective against a Shiftry.

This will deal with them not being too OP, as we all know how shitty something like Flying Press really is. And the boost should be only once, 1.3x, for any single move. Otherwise, this Meta will be centralized on only a few mons like Gardevoir and Pinsir.

SpartanMalice

Y'all jokers must be crazy
I concur with Chesnaught's idea of Combustate, or maybe something like Scorchate, Pyrate or something. Maybe Pyroate, that even sounds like Pyroak. Same goes for BuriedAlive's Disorentiate for Psychic, or Dictate or something since they screw around with others' minds and tell me what to do.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
I concur with Chesnaught's idea of Combustate, or maybe something like Scorchate, Pyrate or something. Maybe Pyroate, that even sounds like Pyroak. Same goes for BuriedAlive's Disorentiate for Psychic, or Dictate or something since they screw around with others' minds and tell me what to do.
I decided to go with Pyrate, because that sounds the best to me. Also I went with disorientate as well, because psychinate is complete garbage tbh.

Also, anyone going to implement this? .3.

SpartanMalice

I prefer giving them actual names, like Psychokinesis, Pyrokinesis, Cryokinesis, Geokinesis like they call them in Marvel's wiki pages, speaking of which Psychokinate sounds perfect actually. And maybe some things that don't end in -kinesis, but I guess a theme isn't too bad. I think Marvel just went with Aerilate etc so they can blend in with Levitate and keep the name of the abilities small, but then there's shit like Compoundeyes (and yet they never bothered to change Feraligator's name when their tech upgraded).

I agree with pollinate for grass and would like to suggest Combate (combat), Warilate (war), or Battalate (battle) for the fighting type. Polate or Chargarate for electric? referring to polarity or charges.

Here are some threats and thoughts.
/me goes through the list of things that get Hyper Voice/Nature Power/Tri Attack/E-Speed

Has anyone thought about Hydreigon yet? Dark has good coverage and its Tri Attacks could hit pretty hard. Similarly, Kyurem-Normal can smack things around with Hyper Voice.

Exploud is a NUKE. Just saying.

Clefable and Togekiss laugh out loud at Sylveon.

I can't really find too many notable Nature Power users. TOO MANY GRASS-TYPES THOUGH

Magnezone can get a breddy gud Electric STAB with Tri Attack.

Genesect can utilize Tri Attack well if it isn't banned... but is it? I don't know.

Everything gets Return/Frustration, so I'll go over some notable users.
  • Garchomp could utilize it as a Dragon STAB with absurd power that doesn't lock it in (as would all other physical Dragons)
  • Mega Banette likes this, as it gives a terrific physical Ghost STAB
  • Tyranitar enjoys the accurate Rock STAB
  • Mega Gyarados gets completely shafted. If only it was Dark/Water...
  • Landorus-T's Explosion may be insanely powerful, but its Return is also a good nuke that DOESN'T sacrifice yourself.
  • Darmanitan is pissed that it doesn't get Rock Climb.
  • Mega Aerodactyl is extremely happy that it gets a Rock STAB that it can actually USE TOUGH CLAWS with. Even normal Aero likes its no-recoil STAB Double-Edge.
  • Escavalier loves the new accurate STAB, as does anything that relied on Megahorn.
  • Mega Charizard X wrecks face.
Actually, scrap this list. ANYTHING that relies on an inaccurate or low-powered STAB likes this. So do things with Guts (Facade, anyone?) and Tough Claws.

Now, for E-Speed.
Arcanine can now run Morning Sun on standard sets.
Entei doesn't have enough coverage to appreciate E-Speed; in fact, that takes away from its coverage!
Lucario can now run Crunch and Ice Punch on SD sets.
Zygarde and Dragonite appreciate the priority STAB, and they can both run more coverage now.

SpartanMalice

Odd that it hasn't been mentioned, but any rapid spinner that isn't: Fighting, Ground or Water don't have to worry about being spinblocked before. What comes to mind immediately? Forretress. There's also Cryogonal and Kabutops, but I'm not so sure about the extent of their usage. Maybe tops, since he does have abusable Rock moves, but then does every Rock type, but he does have Swim and spin going for him.

Granted this is going to be a hyper offensive meta, but that's exactly why I think hazards are necessary, to weaken them. Hell, Talonflame probably won't need to rely on Brave Bird for damage, and return does plenty.

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
Totally just didn't delete my post so I don't double post, what are you talking about? Anyways, do you want to see this metagame implemented somewhere, so we can see all the discussed threats? If so, Vote Metagamiate for OMoTM! The process is extremely simple, and if it does get implemented I'll do something that may or may not be special for you all :]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)