Mirror Match Tournament - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
probably my fault that cloud9. and I haven't done our battles yet...hopefully we will meet today at a time when we are both awake lol

aka activity post edit: we did battle #1 and he won by like 10% on a speed tie in a gg, but then he had to leave before we could continue. I waited for quite a while but had to leave myself before he got back. if this round ends before we can finish, please give an extension as we are both trying hard to get this done.

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
well, Lord Liam and I have quite the problem on our hands.

I won Little Cup largely in part due to a aqua tail miss from his Gliscor vs. Mine

1-0 Me

The next game was a fun NU match that couldve gone either way but I sacced Sandslash at the wrong time allowing his Choice Specs Manectric to sweep me. GG

1-1 Tied

This third game is where things get tricky. The score is 4-2 and Lord Liam is dominating me, largely in part due to his Metagross dominating my Heatran with an Earthquake that I thought Heatran would surely survive with Shuca Berry and full health. 108% damage. So back to the 4-2 game:

I get my Metagross in on a Latias Dragon Pulse to Rock Polish and sweep the rest of his team (something it would have no trouble doing bar a MM miss). He sends in Heatran at full health with Shuca Berry to take the Earthquake, and miraculously it survives only taking 88% damage. Wait, what? How did this happen? After some calcs, it seems like Lord Liam put Adamant instead of Jolly which I run.

What should we do? My team's strategy is largely lost because he now knows that my Metagross outspeeds Flygon after a Rock Polish. Its up to you ErictheEspeon, and I will go along with whatever you decide.
He should have double checked the team. Unless you choose to offer a rematch, he is disqualified for using an illegal team and should not complain. From the rules in the OP:
When reconstructing a team made by another player double check everything. If you make a mistake you will be disqualified unless your opponent decides to allow a rebattle (it is entirely their choice, do not try to pressure them).
Edit: Updated. Also, as a couple of you have found out, I may not have listed your team as posted in the OP if you edited it into a post some time after you posted. Rest assured, I will be reading through the thread in detail before making judgements on activity. The OP list of posted teams is mostly to give a general idea.

@Eric: Mind has been away for a couple of days now. He has yet to post his team and hasn't responded to my messages. Deadline is almost here. Do I wait or do I get to play a sub?

Deep Thought and i played one battle, using my team.
I won 1-0.
Then i had to leave to do chores and by the time i had to come back he was gone.
We hope to get the other battle or battles done shortly.
So the score is respectively 1-0 to me.

B-Lulz and I were supposed to play today, but I didn't see him on. He hasn't posted his team, but he did say he would be on tonight. I'm in basically the same boat as ILoveLiza.

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Still no response or team from King_Emerald, so do I get a sub or an auto-win?

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
There are no remaining subs so when the deadline hits I'll be disqualifying the less active player, or deciding via coinflip for even pairings. I can't see any pairings which would quality for exceptional circumstances required for an extension, and do not intend to allow inactive players to progress past the first round.

mien

Tournament Banned
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if i can find time to play in this tournament anymore considering i've been invited for the spl tournament, which has my priority now.So i'm going to forfeit

Me and chen played two matches, i won the first he won the latter.

Activity post. Raseri and I have some troubles due to very different timezones. Is there any other way that we can do this match after the deadline?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)