MLB 2018 Thread

Aren't you inactive in our basketball redraft league? I'm all for new players, but please don't be inactive in this. It ruins it for everyone else.
Yeah, I have been inactive in the basketball league and that's 100% on me. Sorry about that and I def won't be it in next year. I've just been really busy with some irl stuff etc. I def won't be inactive with baseball though I can promise you that.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Guys don't unnecessarily sling arrows at Kamran. I'm in contact with him pretty regularly so if I see him (or anyone else for that matter) slacking in managing their team I can talk with them and/or handle it mid-season.

Does the current time but one week earlier work for everyone? I understand cb aaron judge would have to draft via mobile but unless we do it on the 24th early in the morning (EDT) then I think that's the only time that everyone can at least be there.
23rd at 9 is iffy for me. That day there's a expiry scheduled so I'll be working later than normal and this will be my first time doing this process so I don't know when I'll be done

Texas Cloverleaf

is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
biggie I think k your total keeper cost is calling the wrong rows, by the values you have listed my total keep cost should be 76 but is listed at 89.5 (of this is what you were referring to about columns I think it's still incorrect because my keeper cost would have gone up from the auction price revaluation)

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
biggie I think k your total keeper cost is calling the wrong rows, by the values you have listed my total keep cost should be 76 but is listed at 89.5 (of this is what you were referring to about columns I think it's still incorrect because my keeper cost would have gone up from the auction price revaluation)
Yeah I just fixed it.

biggie

champ
For posterity, I will be keeping:

Gary Sánchez NYY - C // 13.50 13.00
Manny Machado Bal - 3B // 20.00
Yasiel Puig LAD - OF // 6.50 7.00
Sean Doolittle Was - RP // 4.00
Yu Darvish ChC - SP // 12.00
Aaron Hicks NYY - OF // 0.50 1.00

for a total of $57.00

Texas Cloverleaf

For posterity, I will be keeping:

Gary Sánchez NYY - C // 13.50 13.00
Manny Machado Bal - 3B // 20.00
Yasiel Puig LAD - OF // 6.50 7.00
Sean Doolittle Was - RP // 4.00
Yu Darvish ChC - SP // 12.00
Aaron Hicks NYY - OF // 0.50 1.00

for a total of $57.00
Any interest in trading Sanchez's retainer rights?

biggie

champ
Any interest in trading Sanchez's retainer rights?
How does that work? The trade goes before the season? Also why would you do that when trading during the season makes more sense?

EDIT: Also for posterity's sake, pookar's keepers are as follows:

Daniel Murphy Was - 2B // 11.00
Justin Turner LAD - 3B // 9.00
Wil Myers SD - 1B // 10.00
Zack Greinke Ari - SP // 15.00
Gio González Was - SP // 1.00
Yoán Moncada CWS - 2B // 2.00

for a total of $48.00

Last edited:

Texas Cloverleaf

How does that work? The trade goes before the season? Also why would you do that when trading during the season makes more sense?
I would assume you trade rights (A) for some combination of rights (B) and auction money, I suspect these are things you could administrate as commissioner if my football commishing is anything to go by.

As for going before season you'd effectively be trading off a season of new retainer eligibility for certainty in draft plans.

On my end I just saw you were retaining Sanchez who I have some interest in and thought I'd raise the question

Texas Cloverleaf

Once people draft player movement tends to get sticky as people get hyped about their team, can often be easier to work trades through before rosters are set

biggie

champ
I would assume you trade rights (A) for some combination of rights (B) and auction money, I suspect these are things you could administrate as commissioner if my football commishing is anything to go by.

As for going before season you'd effectively be trading off a season of new retainer eligibility for certainty in draft plans.

On my end I just saw you were retaining Sanchez who I have some interest in and thought I'd raise the question
As of this moment I don't have any interest in trading Sanchez away. There's really nothing on your roster that you're not already keeping that intrigues me, and the cost savings for Sanchez is too good to pass up.

Texas Cloverleaf

As of this moment I don't have any interest in trading Sanchez away. There's really nothing on your roster that you're not already keeping that intrigues me, and the cost savings for Sanchez is too good to pass up.
My keepers are open for discussion

biggie

champ
I'll be switching out Trout for JD Martinez in my keepers
Only catching this now, but there's something definitely not right about Martinez. He has $0 projected cost.

Edit: Yeah, his actual projected cost is $28, so you can keep him for $14 if you'd like. Does this mean I no longer have to pepper my anus?

Not that it matters since he can't be kept, but I updated Arrieta's projected amount also. He was @ $0. Basically the big FAs that just signed had something wrong with them.

Last edited:

biggie

champ
Currently set the draft time for Saturday, March 24th at 8:30 PM EDT. Please let me know immediately if you can't make the draft. Paging Vancouver Victini's as well because I haven't heard from you.

Only catching this now, but there's something definitely not right about Martinez. He has $0 projected cost.

Edit: Yeah, his actual projected cost is $28, so you can keep him for $14 if you'd like. Does this mean I no longer have to pepper my anus?

Not that it matters since he can't be kept, but I updated Arrieta's projected amount also. He was @ $0. Basically the big FAs that just signed had something wrong with them.
This is fine. Pepper it anyway

Currently set the draft time for Saturday, March 24th at 8:30 PM EDT. Please let me know immediately if you can't make the draft. Paging Vancouver Victini's as well because I haven't heard from you.
Right in the middle of me and Stall's other draft. Can it be moved to 9:30?

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
This is fine. Pepper it anyway

Right in the middle of me and Stall's other draft. Can it be moved to 9:30?
Yeah we can do it, but now that our other league draft time has been set, an hour later would be perfect for us. Juggling multiple drafts at once ain't fun, especially when one is an auction.

Imanalt

I'm the coolest girl you'll ever meet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'll keep:
Domingo Santana: 7.0
Jose Ramirez: 13.0
Freddie Freeman: 15.0
Aaron Nola: 9.5
Jacob DeGrom: 12.0
Bryce Harper: 27.0
For a total of 83.5 (rounds to 84)

RIP my cubs core of arrieta and kris bryant :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)