KEEPERS:
Jesus Aguilar: $8
Javier Baez: $15
Luis Severino $10
Blake Snell: $11
George Springer: $12
Gleyber Torres: $9
Total: $65

In my childhood bedroom, I have a big framed poster of MLB Superstars that has been there on my wall since like 2003. It's still up there last time I checked, though my mom might have taken it down.

On that poster were Manny, A-Rod, Jeter, Griffey, Bonds, Mike Piazza, and Vlad. Maybe Nomar a few others.

But also on that poster was Ichiro.

Besides Bartolo, Ichiro is the only baseball player left from my childhood when I first got to truly know the sport and the players. The era of elementary school me sitting in my grandparents basement eating pizza and watching games all day with my grandpa.

I turn 25 in about a month, and it amazes me how much time that I've spent following this guy who played well past my bedtime. He has pretty much always been around, and there really isn't anyone left playing that connects my childhood to today.

Ichiro had a ridiculous career for specializing in hitting ground balls that rarely got out of the infield. I doubt that there will ever be a player like him again.

In some ways I am pretty bummed that he retired today. But in other ways, I'm just really happy that I got to see him play for as long as he did.

I keep getting shit for my fantasy baseball streaming ability and was challenged to make a log of all my streams for smogon for the 2019 season. Here is the spreadsheet on the forum for records sake.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15pjgl1j7qDPbU7ztgQ6RC66DPQF3bfAJQwsUA_FHjUg/edit?usp=sharing
I will keep this updated. I've guessed a claim that I probably have an 80% stream success rate in my fantasy baseball career for pitchers so I guess we'll see what the numbers actually look like.

Del Rio Stallion

Is anyone else as pissed off that Yahoo decided to do this stupid chat "upgrade" shit for fantasy? I still don't have any access to it although I believe some others might have access to a basic version of chat for whatever reason.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Is anyone else as pissed off that Yahoo decided to do this stupid chat "upgrade" shit for fantasy? I still don't have any access to it although I believe some others might have access to a basic version of chat for whatever reason.
It's really stupid yeah. We all only have access via the mobile app, nothing from desktop.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Our communication has dropped as a result and I don't like it.

Dearest Del Rio ,

Writing to inform you of our champion David Price's return to the field of baseball tomorrow. Much happiness will be brought your way watching him again, I'm sure.

Vladdy Fat Ass is mashing baseballs. I wagered amongt our group that Michael "Ice Horse" Chavis will still win Rookie of the Year. That prediction is looking more and more perilous in recent weeks.

We mourned for your absence tonight on the eve of your competition with Stallion. The fire-some wit that we in the league have looked forward to on those occasions is being lamented. I will do my best to harass Stallion in your absence by shouting "Belly Bombs" and proclaiming Sokora to be a Hall of Famer, since I own both in redraft.

Hope this message finds you well, and that your cheap ass MetroPCS phone will allow us to communicate once more,

- ButteredToast

P.S. Go Crew

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Congrats to our Lord and commish biggie for beating me in the fantasy final this week.

Fortunately, I made the final in all 3 leagues I'm in, so hopefully I can ease the pain and win both of the remaining - including dicking down Del Rio in one.

Also now that Mike Trout is accused of taking HGH, can we honestly stop saying that he is better than Barry Bonds? Thanks.

Last edited:

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

Also now that Mike Trout is accused of taking HGH, can we honestly stop saying that he is better than Barry Bonds? Thanks.
It's an unsubstantiated claim from the son of a major leaguer which has been shot down both by MLB and by the PA.

It holds about as much weight as if I were to claim that Mookie Betts injected steroids into his own penis.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)