MLB 2020

Shrug

is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
LCPL Champion
i'll double down on this: barry bonds not being a first ballot hall of famer combined with the obama admin's refusal to investigate or prosecute bush admin officials for iraq / torture / the patriot act meant america's descent into fascism was predictable back around the turn of the previous decade.

Side note on this conversation. If Curt Schilling does not get in because of his political views and for bankrupting the state of Rhode Island, I'm going to lose my shit. He is objectively in the top 5 of his pitching era. Pedro, Randy, Clemens, Halladay and Schilling. There's no one else in that class besides Johan Santana. He has a higher career war than Smoltz, Jim Palmer, Don Sutton, Bob Feller, Whitey Ford, and others. He has substantially higher wars than fringe HoF candidates like Andy Pettitte and CC Sabathia. He has the post season pedigree with 3 World Series rings that he was a substantial part of.

If you're in the camp of wanting Bonds, Clemens, Rose, Sammy, and Mac in the hall but you think Curt shouldn't be in, you're a dick and a hypocrite.

Last edited:
Laugh at both, but also check up on how ButteredToast is doing.
I'm fine with it. I think I put a realistic chance of Mookie coming back at like 20% after the trade. I'm just happy he did not end up going to the Yankees or another American League team in free agency and this allows me to still a big fan of his.

I'm ecstatic about the expanded playoffs though because I think the Red Sox can sneak in and the Yankees have a good shot to get eliminated in that first round 3 game series.

i've come around a little bit on expanded playoffs for this year, but it better not stay after this year. not at all thrilled about the possibility that september playoff chase baseball (easily my favorite part of the season) would frequently be between below .500 teams and in general the regular season would be way less fun to follow.

on a brighter note, yay opening day for most of the league!

Give Nick Castellanos the NL MVP award after his 7th homer of the year and for carrying the Reds offense. Starting pitching has been great. Bullpen's been bad. Typical Reds stuff

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)