MLB 2020

So according to Ken Rosenthal and Jeff Passan, the MLB season isn't going to start until
  • Travel bans are lifted
  • Mass gatherings bans are lifted
  • Playing games is no longer a health risk for players and fans
So we could be waiting a while longer

I really enjoy SB nation Dorktown series. I dont even watch baseball but the video they did on the left handed batter who either walker, struck out or homered was great. Dont remember the players name but he was basically ahead of his time with the way baseball has trended towards less base hits and more home runs or strikeouts

I really enjoy SB nation Dorktown series. I dont even watch baseball but the video they did on the left handed batter who either walker, struck out or homered was great. Dont remember the players name but he was basically ahead of his time with the way baseball has trended towards less base hits and more home runs or strikeouts
Adam Dunn nicknamed "The Big Donkey". Dude was a terrible defender but he's 5th all time in Reds HRs and he was pretty exciting to watch.
He even hit a baseball into Kentucky!

The city of Toronto just banned all public events until June 30. Not gonna lie, this year has taken a mental toll on me. It started when Kobe passed away but I thought it would go up from there. It hasn't. The thought that we might not have baseball this year is scary and depressing. Baseball has always been a fun escape for me even when my Reds are terrible. I love baseball and it would hurt a lot to not have any baseball this year. The Reds were supposed to be good :(

The city of Toronto just banned all public events until June 30. Not gonna lie, this year has taken a mental toll on me. It started when Kobe passed away but I thought it would go up from there. It hasn't. The thought that we might not have baseball this year is scary and depressing. Baseball has always been a fun escape for me even when my Reds are terrible. I love baseball and it would hurt a lot to not have any baseball this year. The Reds were supposed to be good :(
One of the things that I have been doing a lot of recently is going back and watching old world series games from my childhood. It's amazing how you can just find whatever game you want in its entirety on YouTube. I did this a few off seasons ago when I watched the entire 2007 ALCS again, and a podcast I listen to has been going back and watching classic basketball games and giving commentary over them.

Right now, I am right now about to start Game 6 of the 2002 World Series between Barry Bonds' Giants and Troy Glaus' Angels, and the series has been amazing. I was in the 3rd grade at the time, and what all I remember of it from the time was watching it with my grandpa and the rally monkey craze.

Some other series I have been interested in/recommend are:
- 2001 World Series ARI vs NYY
- 1997 World Series FLA vs CLE
- 2003 NLCS FLA vs CHC
- 2003 ALCS NYY vs BOS
- 2008 ALCS TB vs BOS (I refuse to watch this, fuck Rays David Price)
- 2011 World Series STL vs TEX
- 2015 ALDS TOR vs TEX

It's not a substitute for live games and the evolving story lines, but it's been a lot of fun in the meantime to be hit by the nostalgia and to see all the random players of my childhood that I've forgotten about show back up.

Baseball is back in the KBO. I made a KBO Fantasy League with my buddies. I got off of work tomorrow. I'm sitting here waiting for 1am to come. And the league is in a rain delay.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
KBO baseball is pretty fun. It's a very different game than the MLB; far more contact oriented with a lot less power on the mound and in the batter's box. I will probably tune in to the start of the games and then fade into sleep during the later stretches due to the start times being quite late, but it is very nice to have some baseball back

I love how the MLB owners are asking for a shorter season so they can pay players on a per game basis because they act like they can't afford to pay pro rated salaries. Ridiculous. The NBA, NHL, MLS, and even the WNBA are closer to a return than the MLB is because the owners are cheap bastards who don't give a shit about the players. What's the hold up?

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
What should we do with the draft costs? Keep them the same as the values I already calculated or use the info that's in the system now?

What should we do with the draft costs? Keep them the same as the values I already calculated or use the info that's in the system now?
Depends on what the differences are between before and after. If there is a major disparity between values it's going to throw the whole system off. If it isn't dramatic then I'm okay proceeding.

Are we actually going ahead with fantasy for a 60 game season?
I think head-to-head is dead but I don't see why we cannot do a quick roto.

biggie

champ
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You guys tell me. If you want to not bother then fine. Otherwise I'm going to need to change the time and possibly date of the draft.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)